“I feel that I need to be VERY clear right up front that these are just my thoughts, no more, and in posting them I am NOT trying to check, correct, or contradict anyone. Just my thoughts on the matter.”

I just copied this and saved it to use in the future, lol. Hope I don’t infringe on any copyrights :razz: :lol:
  • 38spider
    hey baron, thankyou for the great info, i just realized something yesterday and pls correct me if im wrong, as im looking at the 2 pid's to choose from i noticed that the auber 300 rdk comes with a 5 wrap coil, and if im correct, the single nv pid 119$ one only has a 4 wrap coil, well doesn't it state that the diffuser nut that goes on the coil will be loose and wont perform as well with a 4 wrap coil, Edwyn states that it will be be loose and heat up slower? So since the auber 300 rdk pid has 5 wraps, and the single nv pid has 4 wraps on the coil wouldn't the auber be the obvious choice? I hope this is making sense, still trying to figure this stuff out, lol, just kind of confused on why the nv single pid has only 4 coils on its wrap?
  • Baron23
    actually, I believe it’s the opposite. The XLR connected coil has 4 and NV has 5. Please double check that.

Now, my experience is that almost all barrel coils need some degree of fitting. I like them tight and generally look to use pliers to GENTLY tighten or loosen the coils.

Much easier fitting is to spread the coils s bit vertically using a flat blade screw driver.

I have done this many times and I’m a klutz w tools! Haha.

I did want to mention this but forgot.

This is unlike the Vrod which req coils winding in a certain direction and total height due to the end of the coil fitting into a slot inside the Vrod.

But IMO this is the only NV device that actually requires a very specific coil config.

Cheers v
  • 38spider
    thanks, i checked yesterday and i counted the nv single pid, it has 4 wraps on its coil, and then i read the discription on the rdk auber 300 and it says it has 5, which makes sense i guess because its more expensive, so if i buy the 119$ nv single pid will my diffuser nut will be loose, and rattle and take longer to heat up? I don't understand why they wouldn't just make all the coils with 5 wraps, hmmm , this is definitely something i need to figure out before i buy a pid.
  • Baron23
    Wow, this is a bit weird. I sort of remember the issue using other coils with the Vrod was both the direction of wrap and the number of wraps and I could swear that Edwyn touted that his coils were five wrap while most other common coils were four wrap.

Then, I could swear that on FC when he was discussing WE, he stated that a four wrap coil could work but would be a bit loose and would need a bit of spreading.

NOW, I look on his site and I see both of them stating five wraps!!??

This is from their site....now, they have done a lot of work on their site so maybe they posted something in error. Or maybe it changed and now they are offering all 5 wrap coils? Dunno, but I suppose the only people who could answer definitely is NV so I would suggest contacting them via email shown on their website and ask.

a6177cd41rwdupgz.jpg
    5e9ckcqpm5lmy0sz.jpg
  • 38spider
    Very nice, your right, thats definitely something i need to do, i Appreciate your help baron, thankyou
  • 38spider
    thankyou baron, you right, hit up NV ✌
  • Baron23
    all yours, brother. LOL

The way things sometimes get around here, I sometimes think I need a lawyer to write the disclaimer. Haha

Lol, yup, that’s why I copied it.
  • Dr green thumb
    isb9oc3c0guayvk5.jpg

I really like the stand that I got for my newvape heads and essentials. There are so many configurations that can be set up with it.

I miss mine! Third day away from home and REALLY appreciate just how good it is when I don’t come home to it. Going to have to get a case for it and glass for next year! And a few more batteries :lol:
  • Hapo
    ...after the last time the dogs knocked the V Rod on the floor I hat to stretch the coil a bit to make it tight again...

...I had to pry the diffuser off the base, too...then burn off the carpet, although most of it wiped off at 1000 degrees...
  • LabPong
    I really like the stand that I got for my NewVape heads and essentials. There are so many configurations that can be set up with it.Dr green thumb

HOLY PATINA BATMAN! zowie....lol

Dr.....do you leave your flowerpot on 24/7/365? That is some color you got....most I have seen so far I think.
  • Dr green thumb

It get used quite frequently but I do not leave it on 24/7 . I move around during the day and shut it off at night
  • NVChris
    Hi there! I just want to clarify, all of the 20mm coils that we offer are definitely 5 wraps at the thickest part. So if something looks like its 4 it might be the picture not showing it from the right angle (my fault). I will correct this, but be confident in that they are 5 wrap coils.

Ed's comment on 4 wrap coils are merely because some may own other coils from other manufacturers that have 4 wraps and those would not fit snug on the heads, although usable on the SH and WE...perhaps on the Vrod.
  • Dr green thumb
    s8m3k7ckt0d967uu.jpg
    s5x3peoxhj6nrbuf.jpg
    ryy0bmmny6yuibtz.jpg
    1tw6y3rcx9k0s96h.jpg
    nhfpdsfkmi75tev1.jpg
    j356nz9jypacpqwj.jpg
    bd8hdk4mgsausgvd.jpg

Some new pics of Newvapes creation. It definitely looks interesting
  • 38spider
    very much appreciative for the info, quick question, i plan on buying the WE next month, i heard that some people are having issues with loose weedeater heads on there coil, is this something i need to be concerned about?
  • NVChris
    not as far as I'm concerned. A snug fit just adds a bit to the experience and may provide some marginal improvement on the heat transfer, but nothing significant. As far as functionality, it won't affect it at all. Additionally you can always open the coil slightly to provide a better fit.
  • 38spider
    thanks for the info, ive been on the forum a little over a week and its nice to know a nv rep is here, i plan on buying the weedeaeter oct 10th, and ill have to hit you up if i got questions, im hoping the 5% deal will still be in effect then ✌, thanks again
  • Baron23

Cool beans! :up: :100: :grin:

Love my NV stuff.
  • 38spider
    would you recommend the double weave screen?
  • Baron23
    Absolutely. Its all I use.
  • zancru
    Double Weave Ti screens in both Ti Panhead & Shovelhead bowls.
    And I have extra spare Double Weave screens.

And I use everyday, many times, my 5x NV FPs family.
    Yes I own all of them.
    2x VRODS
    1x SH
    1x WE
    1x D-Cup.
    I’m telling everyone all the NV stuff I own, because I’m performing myself, a private test, to my own facts. Jajajajajaja
    I’m not trying to sound cocky or else.
    Just a fun experiment, to show someone my point.
    Jajajajajaja. It’s going to be fun to experiment.
    Stay vaped.
  • Stoneager
    Help me @zancru. Bought very basic vrod to be delivered on Monday. I think I'm going to want to add to it but I don't yet know what I should be getting.
    U ok with ?s from me... Ja?
    Zanks.
  • bulllee
    Intriguing :chin: I can't wait to see !
  • 38spider
    :chin: Whats the test supposed to be?
  • 38spider
    thanks, one last thing that has me stumped is what pid to get? I cant decide if i want the sing nv pid '119$' or the auber 300 rdk '169$' i only have one shot at getting the right one and i dont want to blow it, i mean if the auber really is better i will get that one, but im gonna need to here something else besides the cute rotary and the auto shutoff, what ya think baron?
    Not again! :rofl: :lol: :joke:

Nothing personal, everyone has the same question when buying their first FP, it was just discussed in length in another forum. You won’t go wrong with either, both work excellent, just decide for yourself if a turn dial and auto shutoff Is worth the extra $. Also if you see yourself wanting a PID stand in the future as they only machine them for the NV PID.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment