• 22spider
    didn't mean to offend you ,lol , ill try to make sure my questions fit to your desired needs next time,lol

In no way did you offend me brother. :up: sorry to you as I probably should have just answered your question instead of making a joke only a few will get.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, Spider....hahaha...its like the topic that won't die. Resurrected at least once a week! haha

This has been discussed extensively, with various people having differing views, extensively on this forum and I believe even in this thread....but def this forum if you can get the search function to work effectively.

But, for a synopsis, start here with Zancru's post and read through to the end of the next page with 52's post. That should give you the lay of the land for the most part.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/page-603#post-1400626

Hope this is a bit helpful to you.
  • 22spider
    very good stuff b, i have definitely made my choice, i got till oct 10 till i order do i hot a little time to do my homework, i think i rather get the nv sing pid so that way i can use that extra doe for a nice glass piece to mate, possibly a carb cap, thanks for that thread, i enjoyed the comparison.
  • Baron23
    i think i rather get the nv sing pid so that way i can use that extra doe for a nice glass piece to mate, pr possibly a carb cap22spider

Sounds good, brother man. Either one will work and when you set all of the small stuff aside, they both do their primary basic job of heating to a temp and maintaining it.

Cheers
  • zancru
    Stay vaped, forever!!!
    Dracarys clouds!!!
  • NVChris
    You make the best point. There is functionality and then there is compatibility with accessories. Ed's always thinking up some cool ideas for the FP. The NV PID will probably always have priority cause well...its ours, right?

And since functionality would be my main concern, I would be sold on the NV one anyway. Never denying how pros of the Auber which has its own merits.

Priorities, priorities.
  • 22spider
    Hey so this question is for anyone that owns a weedeaeter, which carb cap do you recommend to use for the weedeater? I looked around and couldn't find a clear answer, that's probably because a cap isn't required, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up grabbing one so I would love to here from the people who actually use it, thanks

They don’t make one specific to the weedeater because you don’t need one. Someone will chime in telling what ones kinda work but think about it, I’m pretty sure they didn’t forget to make one for it, if it was really needed I’m sure they would have made one and gladly take our $$, i would.
  • 22spider
    well I hear alot of people say the vrod cap will enhance performance under low temps, just trying to confirm, or who knows I heard a couple things about the dcup carb cap working with it as well? If you read some of the tutorial on the nv site they happen to mention the flower only FP dont require a cap but they clearly state they noticed it helps , it's kinda a grey area? So I'm just trying to muster a lil, info, info, before I $$$$,I just want to make sure I get everything I need in one order, cause it sucks to sit there with everything once ordered to be like, dam? I wish I would have ordered that to? Lol, but that's life for ya.
  • 22spider
    but you bring up a good point, if the weedeater needed a cap than they would have built one for it
    Got back from my trip and came home to some new glass(more on that elsewhere). Been using a dynavap with a IH mostly all week, fantastic results(more on that elsewhere). Same with some use of a ff2.

While I had a great time with excellent vaping experiences with them and would look forward to using them again the same way in the future. After coming home to the new glass I grabbed the Vrod and about A little more then half a bowl, all I can say is wow! Feels like I came off a tbreak! And with the ff2 and dynavap, all I have to say is you i was working for it! Multiple bowls, emptying them, cleaning them(not so much the dynavap).

The FP is so easy and clean to use and maintain that when used exclusively for a time you loose appreciation for the little things.

I’m glad I had a great time with what I brought,
    But I’m also glad I have a FP to come home to! I was definitely going to bring the FP next year and still wont rule it out, but might leave it home on purpose so I can come home to it.
  • Dr green thumb
    I never cap my weed eater for flower. I do use a carb cap on the vrod with flower only.

Both extract very well prob the best I have tried.

Dab Pearl's are very helpful for dabs as it spreads the material over the entire heating surface and I use a two hole vrod carbcap
  • Mangu
    yes! My vrod is now king. I waited a long time to get myself a FP because I honestly still don’t think it’s the safest vape to have around the house. I don’t even have kids yet, so I clearly am humbly respecting the high-level of danger....but damn there’s no vape I can think of that does it’s job so well. Just place the vrod up on that bowl and seconds later I’m milking every last molecule of vapor from my herb. Let’s not forget the unmatched level of intensity when you can drop a tiny dab up there and rip through a double decker, the combination is unmatched in any of my other vapes. I sometimes enjoy a little dab in the bed of herb inside my dynabowl or in the milaana stem, but they do not compare to one twax rip through the vrod.
    Ordered this ash catcher thinking I could use in my NV sidecar rig(dewar style?) with my Dcup and also get it further away from my face, lol. Turns out it’s wider then I thought and can’t use the dcup, however I love using it with my Vrod! Didn’t care for this piece of glass because the mouthpiece is on the wrong side for me. Now I can put the bowl wherever I want. I can also use a little faster draw at my current temperature. And yes I know I can rig up some adapters to get the Dcup to work, just looking for the least joints. bk7lbytihbhx1sin.jpeg
    kduc2xa8ey6mope0.jpeg
  • 22spider
    So just a quick question? Has anyone noticed that the pid's for newvape have raised 40$ overnight? I just looked at there pid's a couple of days ago and clearly there prices on the pid's have skyrocketed? Can anyone explain?
  • Chronic Pain
    Chinese Tariffs??? :rofl: :rofl:
  • zancru
    This one????
    1zxvsbej5v6xndb3.png
    Still $84 as today, by itself.
    Aren’t you adding the coil to the full prize??
    If you add the coil, it will be around $40 more, for sure.
  • zancru
    An oldie. About year and months.
    OG VROD.
    Single hole carb cap.
    Just started to get golden tones.
    I can’t remember temperatures, but probably around 666F.
    Stay vaped.
  • 22spider
    yeah, if you go to the page were they sell the pid's, with coil, they raised it from 119 to 159$ this just happened a couple of days ago, I'm confused
  • androponic
    I just went there and the PID is 84 plus the coil is 35. total is 119.
  • 22spider
    When you go to the NV page and go to the page were you can configure your setup, you go to the e -nail selection, you have the nv single/ and the auber 300 rdk e-nail setup, both of these went up 40$ nv single pid use to be 119$ but now is 159$ and the auber 300 rdk was 160, but is now 204$ these prices went up, and I'm just a little confused why? Go to the configuration for the weedeater, and go to bundles, that's were you will see the price change on the e-nail pid setups? Maybe I'm confused or missing something but these prices were 40$ cheaper a couple days ago, was there a sale going on or something?,

That includes the $40 wrapped handle.
  • zancru
    This is the “bundle” part.
    It comes with all “needed” parts.
    PID+nail+handle=$159!!!
    Now makes sense.
    l7b29or03o2frq6f.png

Make your own FP doing it by “parts” menu.
    Stay vaped.
  • 22spider
    yes, but what I'm saying is a couple of days ago this setup was 119$ on the site?
  • 22spider
    Oh well, no big deal I'll end up buying it regardless, lol✌⚡
    No, not with the handle. But get the handle if you can, it’s worth it.
  • 22spider
    oh, I'll be getting the whole shabang, pid, coil, handle, ect, when you go to there configuration chart they give you the option of buying the entire e-nail set, for 160$
  • danielblakes
    note: I've only owned a VROD for a few months, and used WE occasionally - there are others more experienced

My VROD has quickly transitioned into my most used vape, sitting at my desk and powered on if I am in the house. It delivers consistent and fantastic results, and though it requires a bit of tuning and testing with your setup (temp preferences, draw speed, glass, twax vs one@a time, material humidity), once dialed in it can't be beat. I could post my preferred temperature settings and glass but for the reasons above that doesn't really help anyone else. Mess with it and you will find that sweet sweet spot :). There's not many vapes that allow for the experience of being able to carb cap a flower hit, which I think is quite nice, and the twax hits can't be beat off this thing (though I still think I'll pick up a DCUP and the WE nut soon). I use 4mm and 1mm "pearls" and the sic dish with a 3-angled hole carb cap.
    I have no negatives for this vape beyond the initial setup; the company CS has been fantastic and quick fulfilment on all orders.

IMO the new-site "barebones" setup for a starter is

160 + 115 + 50 + 7 + 40 + 65 ~ 400 w/ discount. for super barebones drop the safety stand and use a coffee mug, drop the carb cap and use an old one or a shot glass or something lol, and drop the insulated handle. that puts you right under 300.
    For the fun setup, get some pearls, all the posts for any bong fit, insulated carrying case, pid case with posts, battery, multiple caps, third party glass dishes, their grinder, some dabbers with the pool-cue stand thing...the rabbit hole goes deep friend, just ask zancru who kindly has helped advise me a few times thru my process.

Basically, strong 9/10. I have used most all popular vapes (-g43 [yet], elev8r, splinter z) of the last decade and with few exception, the FPs outperform them all with herb hits when dialed in. Huge hits with no resistance, short draws (but if you prefer long, you can do that too), consistent flavor...just incredible. The VROD performance with concentrates is top notch, but not the best out there with dedicated dishes still holding a slight edge in my opinion. But add the ability to easily do twax hits as well, and you've got a powerhouse, multi-use vape that can fit in a desk drawer and deliver for years with very little maintenance. Some of the hits I've gotten off this thing put any seasoned smoker into a stupor - a must have in any collection, only shame is I'll need a small business loan to finish my collection :lol: !! My VAS has been nearly cured and replaced with accessory and glass buyers disease of some sort.

As for cleaning, as mentioned, it's very simple. I prefer to swab my deck after every dab with q tips and w/ that only deep clean once every few weeks to months. I disassemble the nut and take the dish off. The SIC comes fully clean in hot water with a bit of scraping with q tip or similar (you can scrape extra difficult spots with the dabber, but I don't recommend it). Or, be lazy and slightly more risky like me and throw it in a boiling pot for a few min. The bowl + stem + screen pieces can be soaked in iso if necessary, though I've only ever needed to brush the top section and screen and q-tip the bottom where small amounts of resin build up. It takes 5 minutes.

A few last things to add that I have not seen noted in this thread yet that I have learned from experience and from reading the FC thread that is over 600 pages long - when you have the VROD at your desk and some time 600 pages isn't too bad :lol:

• First, the glass you use and draw speed both change the 'effective' temperature of the vape. Essentially, the slower you draw, the slower the warm air passes thru the bud, and thus the hotter it gets. I swing my temperature by almost 100f when switching between my two glass pieces for similar (flower) performance - making one of them work perfectly for twax hits at my preferred temp and one not work at all. This is probably the largest factor that prevents people from finding their perfect setting imo.
    • Second, the double titanium weave screen imo is a must. It keeps glass so much cleaner and lasts virtually forever - Expensive but worth it...for some reason it was recently removed (w/ some others) from the parts section (maybe @NVChris could fix that) but it's still available via search (part #3103).
    • Finally, for a low-temp twaxer like me, terp pearls do make a big difference in spreading the material around the full dish w/out worrying about making sure I drip it around properly. They're cheap and even though I didn't list them because my basic setup I'd hiiighly recommend them. Many brands sell them but the 5mm semi-standard size will not fit. 4mm and below.

Sorry for the long post, happy to answer PMs or questions , but as at the beginning there are many others more experienced than me here and in the other thread.
  • NVChris
    Missed a lot of action here this weekend. For some reason I didnt get the email notifications, but I spent the weekend under my car anyway..

I rebuilt the enail bundles in the configurator to include the handle. We try to bundle items that have to do with safety so peeps dont overlook them.

Conversely, If you dont want it, you may have to get it from the parts section. But prices have not changed. for the individual items.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely fix this. Glad your enjoying your FlowerPot!

Anyway, Im in the shop if anyone needs anything...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment