• martinstraka8282
    Interesting on the time with you Lucid IH. I find with My PS Mini that if i go past the click, its too hot and bordering on combusting.
  • Bad Dog
    That is interesting. I wonder what people's experience is with the caldron?
  • Pud
    yes I have a caldron and I love it... I’m betting it’ll do fine with the dynacoil but we’ll see... the ih was the best thing I have bought in a while and my dynavap use has gone up dramatically as I like to microdose all day long. Plus the caldron is very small and I took the stickers off the side so it just blends in on my side table
  • Bad Dog
    I like the caldron quite a bit, I've not heard any negative comments said about it and it doesn't hurt that it's cheaper than the apollo. How is the heating with the caldron? Do you go passed the click at all? As of yet I've not had a vape give me so much satisfaction with so little product. Not my crafty at half pack or the Ditanium it just needs more to work properly.
  • Pud
    I go a little past the clicks a little no matter whether using torch or ih... but I noticed the ih heats the TI to clicks faster and cools quicker so I can pound it faster if I want... lol. I think what I like is I can just lounge on the couch and reach over heat it and take a hit while watching tv... I get tired of pricking around with the lighter rolling the dyna etc it’s just so much more relaxing and easy
  • AsUwish
    I really wanted the PS Mini but that wait list :yikes:
  • martinstraka8282
    Do you mean the Flux not the PS mini? I only waited 6 days from first contact to shipping.

That is the one with the 6 month or more wait list. I'm on it currently but might not follow through since Im happy with the PS mini.
  • AsUwish
    You're right, the Flux!
  • martinstraka8282
    That definitely seems to be the best one available, but you're right, that wait is too long. That's why I bought the PSmini.

I do like the look of the new lucid IH the best so far as far as asthetics go.
  • AsUwish
    I really wanted to customize the looks but oh well, in pretty happy overall (for now) lol
  • martinstraka8282
    What can ya do. They look pretty sweet regardless!
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Hey @UbarDog I'll get whatever you want to you for whatever the cost would be here. So $25-28 shipped.

And they are all 2mm. These are some of the styles. The ones with straight MP'S drop in a 14mm water piece. It's not a perfect fit, but it's a convenient feature of a stem made to hit dry.

i0g5qmnfxkz1xs9v.jpg
    c6f8ovsceudha3j8.jpg
    tv1eh80fgkga7bep.jpg
    uk32j06g7v1zmjth.jpg
    df5ei2qoy7mapkxz.jpg
    Attachment
    VID_21361215_180918_068 (12M)
  • EconMan
    It is an Omni Xl sort of mood on a lovely cool morning. A buzz and a hike is forecast :nerd:

ka6rn2vnfnlrpkvg.jpeg
  • Jari
    cb17tk3pp1ox0s57.jpg
    This is my minimalist setup
  • UbarDog
    Just finished fine tuning my home made IH. Its ugly atm built inside a poundland green lunch box :D Its dammmmm funtional thou.
    20190911-114040.jpg
    20190911-114052.jpg

Cooling magnet
    20190911-114100.jpg

2 for 1 storage and heating chamber :D
    20190911-114025.jpg

I went budget and simple with 4 bought items

18 to 14 mm adapter
    ZVS coil
    12v 6a PS
    6a momentary switch

Switch lights up when there is power and goes off when you push it. When coil it activated you can see the blue led from board.

I now want to get another and play more, messing around with the coil has been great!!!!!!
    For a while I had it with a long heat up around 25s..... but it would smash a load in one and I have never been so high off a single toke in all my life. It was harsh thou and on the brink of combustion, Its not what i wanted out of this unit so I changed it. I only realised how special this was later and I need to go back to it SOON! For now, after a whole day testing I have this set to kill a SS in 2 big rips with torch like effects.

Ofc there is a case of reboxing it, I think I might hollow out the back of my E-nano stand and install it inside.
    20190524-162118.jpg
    Its all packed away ready for move atm . So the ugly lunch box will do for now. Then a push to activate built in the chamber, I will need a MOS FET Trigger switch and finally battery operated. 1st I will make an external pack for this one, then at a later date repack it and a coil together in a case to go.

All in all The build time was less than an hour. perfecting the coil and heating to my own preference was 1 day of enjoyable testing. This should have been less but I changed things inbetween and hovered at points because I liked it for testing but not as a daily use.
  • LabPong
    Ubar....awesome case for your IH....great job man!
  • Jari
    Really cool set! Looks like something that cost 500$
  • Justpassedu
    What would you say was your total cost to build the IH ? if you don't mind me asking as I been debating on building or buying . I think parts wise I'd be almost $100 in if I built it myself and than I see pre-built units for only $50 more.
  • UbarDog

I paid just under £20 I could have knocked £5 off that if I ordered from china and waited.

I have stuff like drill, soldering iron , heat shrink and hot glue gun already

Gonna put it all in USD and rounded up
    18 to 14 mm adapter $2
    ZVS coil $7
    12v 6a PS $7
    6a momentary switch $3
    What you put it all inside it up to you
    You can get it all Amazon/Ebay
  • Justpassedu
    Thank you , If I wanted to use a battery to make it portable I'm guessing I would not need the 12v 6a but what would it be replaced with ?
  • Dr green thumb
    y4q9yfk2y8vyira9.jpg

mto3ipxl6nwd5cph.jpg
    nz4ivo3e61uglwos.jpg
    2aksa8911odfw5j3.jpg

I took some pics today of my lichtenberg body from dynavap. I'd received it as a surprise gift from George when I ordered my shadow M. I think dynavap should do some more short runs of fun ideas for their bodies.
  • acstorfer
    IH, Cooling Magnets, and munchie storage container! You’re living the dream!
  • UbarDog
    Ty all , Its so simple to make , Fun to test and get to your own personal preferance.

Simplest would be a BMS and 3 slot 18650 battery holder or a 12v battery. Pipes and Stardustsailor go through it all on FC. loads of ground work done already :D
  • UbarDog
    Temp new home for IH untill I move

20190915-135608.jpg
    20190915-135538.jpg
    20190915-135552.jpg
  • kek

Nice! I think i’ll make one
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Nice job @UbarDog on your IH.

Dont mean to be an obnoxious self promoter but I have bills to pay and mouths to feed :wink:

I now have The Rogue Wax Works stems up for sale. They are all made in Oregon of 2mm boro glass. I am offering a 10% discount to anyone that is interested and willing to skip eBay and do the transaction on PayPal.

The Bolle - $30 Shipped
    jke7alslc650mojl.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283615289478

The Anelli - $30 Shipped
    ieo1s66nwq2pfmng.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283615299092

The 2mmXL - $25 shipped
    lrgik5d0uaocn0hh.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283615351067

The Anelli Tradesman - $28 shipped
    frlpu3domzovgynw.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283615303297

The Tradesman - $25 shipped
    bdixp3lraweaug75.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283615357201

The Robusto - $25 shipped
    332vydiup2m7cqrj.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283615354195

If you have any questions, comments or would like to order feel free to contact me here.

nllodmiebnrpe41c.jpg
  • Xclerk
    The shiller killer drop!
  • Hapo
    ...I am liking the Bolle...that's a sale...
  • Bad Dog
    Hey @The Rouge Wax Works do you offer cross border shipping? Or does the added expense make it not worth it? I got my eye on 2 of them to justify the additional shipping to myself. Putting food in your kids bellys is a unintentional consequence of indulging my VAS for purely selfish reasons lol
  • martinstraka8282
    I'm all over these as soon as you have one for the Omni XL ready to go!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment