• Bruce
    It works like a Pax 3? G43? Ariser Vapes and the Storz and Bickel?

I have only had a g43 and no of course not, lol but I couldn’t fit the G in my pocket :lol: Pax and S&B are conduction so I’m not interested in them. Never tried a Ariser.

If that’s not what your referring to then I guess I don’t understand the question.
  • spider
    I have to say that i never had the ff2 on my radar, but with the selection of whats out there on the market im getting a little curious, i love the flavor
    that the ghostmv1 gives, but it also comes with a lung filling hit, does this one do the same?
    I gotta say if its like the pax i would pass, im not trying to just do lil puff, puffs without much of a buzzzhigh, i know when i use the mv1 i have to stir on every hit anyway, so this wont be much of a difference, i do like the simplicity it visually gives off, it really doesn't look like much of a learning curve, i imagine you just load a little with a slight tamp, then close, set heat and draw,
    Now thats probably the only learning curve, probably the draw technique, anyway i think im gonna start catching some reviews and do my homework✍
  • Hermes
    Just purchased a ff2+...should be here in a few days...any tips to speed the learning curve appreciated.
  • LabPong
    Just purchased a ff2+...should be here in a few days...any tips to speed the learning curve appreciated.Hermes

Draw slow (especially with flower)......and long.

Start flower temps at 360......Start concentrate temps at 460.....go from there.

I normally use either 360 or 370 for flower pending on density mainly. Then for concentrates I always just use 470 for my pressed rosin.

Keeping clean with concentrates is easy....not so much with flower....and especially if your flower is good and sticky. You will need to clean it every time after flower....sometimes just a quick wipe out with a qtip or napkin.

When you do clean it with say ISO and a Qtip or something....turn the vape upside down when you scrub it out....so no liquid can seep below the screen if it does go anywhere.

Make sure after you use it...or before you take a draw...make sure the rubber seal on the lid is clean from derbies. You could possibly get an air leak if there is gunk on it and not making a perfect seal around the whole top. So when you put the cover on....press down on it some by the bowl and and mouth piece end to make sure it is seated down.

You can actually take out the screen in the mouth piece if you like....I never use them and have adjusted to being careful on the draw with flower. You will find it will not be much of a problem when you have good quality flower as it sticks together most of the bowl....till the end of the draws where the flower is super dry and can become more mobile with the little bits.

You will need to stir almost every draw...pending on your need for the best taste every hit. Bud's pic tool is the only pic I use with my FF2's.......it excels when it comes to the concentrate pad usage.

That is the basics of it really......let us know how it goes and if you have more questions. Welcome to the FF club!
  • Hermes
    Perfect! Thanks for the detailed guidance. Re: accessories, should I get a quick charger and/or another battery?
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    Perfect! Thanks for the detailed guidance. Re: accessories, should I get a quick charger and/or another battery?
    Hermes

I would say that if you have a 2nd battery......you can have it charged up and ready to go and that is quite a few sessions with 2 full cells.

If you vape several sessions a day with it or use with multiple people.....a external charger would be nice. That way you can charge as you are vaping on another battery.
  • EconMan

Outstanding. :100:

Also, fyi, search out the other FF2 & FireFly2 threads... lots of good info..
    i.e. https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/1008/firefly-2-superior-vape-quality

If you don't have a good grinder, get one. IMO fine grind does not work well with convection vapes in general and especially this one. I like a very coarse grind (firm but not hard pack) makes it easy to trash the ss mouthpiece, and stirring become "smashing & twisting" now -- I don't even use a pick. Anything less than a medium grind causes issues (for me).

The most important thing is EXPERIMENT. Tinker and fiddle about with various combinations.

ISO towelettes (cheap at amazon) are your very good friend. It's a cool vape, and I am vicariously happy for you.
  • Hermes
    thanks! Wipes are a great idea. Will look for them.
  • EconMan
    thanks! Wipes are a great idea. Will look for them.Hermes

Also, I've heard stories of the foam seals degrading, although mine are just fine after a year. Nevertheless, one probably does need to possess diligence in avoiding excessive iso getting on the foam. It *could* harm the adhesive? Again, mine is just fine. I use the little towelettes to clean the lid carefully not getting lots of iso on the foam. In other words, don't dip your lid into iso... lol :nerd:
  • Justpassedu
    Wifey is pregnant so I know my desktop usage is going to be cut in half , maybe even more. I been in the need for On-Demand vapes lately as my usage in the house has been cut down a bit. I currently have a Dynavap , Rastabudahtao splinter and a Og brick. A few days ago I received a Ghost Mv1 and I am liking it allot so far. I have a FireFly 2 + arriving today or tomorrow after owning a FF2 int he past and not being so crazy about I decided to have another go at it and give the + version a fair chance. Any tips before it arrives would be greatly appreciated , I already gave this thread a good read .
  • SmokedFuzz
    I use alcohol wipes on my FF2 (non-Plus) for my mainly concentrate use and they work like a charm... they do break down whatever adhesive they use on the lid seal though. Even with super careful use I've not been able to keep one section from coming loose.
  • EconMan

I've been very fortunate then -- as I've heard this from others -- for it's been 1yr+ now and I have no issue. My seals are nearly as good as new. No adhesive issues. But yes, I am careful not to get too much iso on the foam itself. I personally think they *could* have made this a tongue-and-groove design and just skipped the foam completely. A friend completely replaced his via some self-stick silicone insulating material he got at home depot. lol.

Thus far, it hasn't been an issue for me. But it is bound to happen someday.
  • Justpassedu
    So I got my FF2+ a few days ago. Personally I do not notice a huge difference from the FF2 . I been on a On Demand Vape kick lately and have to say the others I have provide more hits per packing and way more vapor output. Flavor is really nice on the FF2+ though . I'm now at temp 420F to get decent clouds and that's a bit high for me. Medium to find grind , I don't tamp , just fill the oven , all the seals are good. Am I doing anything wrong ? Any tips I'm missing with this 1. Ty
  • Justpassedu
    Yes Cigar and both medium to slow draw .
  • LabPong
    Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Yes Cigar and both medium to slow draw .
    Justpassedu

do cigar or mouth pulls with the first hit only. Then on every consecutive draw....just draw the same slow deep lung pull.....10 seconds to time out. As soon as you feel it in the back of your throat...or can taste it...your at the end of the draw normally and then left off the buttons but still keep drawing for a few more seconds. That is with flower. I use my FF's at 360-370 for flower and get decent hits. Flower is a big variant for the visible vapor. You can tell easy which buds are denser with this vape. I also do not pack tight at all....just a full bowl lightly tamped down.
    Don’t know if any of you use “Vipes” alcohol wipes. I bought a box specially for cleaning the FF and they were dry :cry: every one of them. Bought them for my trip and had to throw them away.

FF2 wasn’t a good choice for camping and flower. Concentrates yes, as long as you have enough batteries or a way to charge them. Ended up using my dynavap and Fluxer IH for flower.
  • Chandler
    After yall use alcohol wipes, do you give another wipe with h20, or you just let the alcohol dry and evaporate?

Trying to find a nice easy consistent concentrate setup that doesn't require a rig n torch. I have a bunch of devices that also do concentrates, but not well enough for me. Seems the firefly might be at the top of the list for portable concentrate use?

I use iso and flat cotton pads my wife uses for makeup, that reminds me, she is going to be pissed if I don’t replace them soon, lol. I just let it dry. I too hate all my hand held concentrate vapes and carts that have short air paths. The ff2 is the only one so far that does not give me an instant headache and make my mouth feel shitty after using. I am even starting to drain my carts and use the oil in Vrod or Dcup. Haven’t tried that in the ff2 yet though.
    I have to thank @EconMan and @LabPong for unknowingly twisting my arm to try the ff2 for trates.
  • Chandler
    @52thanks. Yes I have a bunch of carts as well, everyone loves them. At the lowest temps I feel an irritation in my throat for about half hour after if I take long draws. Short puffs for me, and the effects can't be compared to flower Imo.

I'm going to start researching the FF+. If I recall FF has a short warranty life? How is customer service? The seals wearing away, will the company replace those seals or do they sell replacements? Battery life? Much appreciated.

If I got a FF, I would use it for concentrates exclusively!
  • EconMan

The warranty is two years. Not short at all?

Mine have not failed and I've never used their CS so I can't comment. My understanding is they warrant the seals conditionally (makes sense to me). Mine look like new, but I've seen people with their foam all torn and ripped... made me wonder what they were doing with their device.

Battery life I've already discussed in other threads. 20 full draws per battery for flower. With concentrates, about four full-length draws per battery, at room temp.
  • Chandler
    @EconMan thanks. Yes I will continue to read up! 4 full draws? Damn. I'm assuming each concentrate session, the idea is to finish the bowl in one draw. So 4 sessions?
    Hmm
  • EconMan

Here was the post where I reported my "experiment" :)
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/81611

You don't need to finish the bowl in one draw, but I used "full draw" as a standardized measure -- from when the green light stopped blinking to when it went out = full draw. It's a period of time. That's all.

Now a 'session" is a different measurement. A session for me is finished when whatever I put in the bowl is spent. Hence, sometimes, I get one session. Sometimes, two, sometimes, three. Rarely four :)
    Well went to charge my ff2+ and nothing. Put my other one on the same cradle and lights right up. Swapped batteries and same thing. One charges and one nothing. First vape failure that was not my fault, lol. Even have a fancy protective case with laser cut to fit foam around it, wonder what happened. Warrantee time I guess. Anything someone an think of before I start the process?
  • Hermes
    9lfxsy5i9940ql5e.jpeg
    Charging now....is burn in recommended?
  • Hermes
    Pleasantly surprised. Laser bowl.nzp28vq6gks0z6t6.jpeg
  • Hermes
    Anyone messed with this?pxsunfgaizn5ovu1.png
  • LabPong
    Anyone messed with this?Hermes

I did not find a need to mess with the calibration deal.....just using the different temps I can get what I need. With your draw technique and length of draw...you can change your vapor ability/performance just as much. You just need to understand how a certain vape "extracts" the load. Meaning.....how the flower is melting basically and turning into vapor.

This process happens differently and to different degrees in every vape. So getting temps perfect is not always the only thing to get right too......sometimes you can make the hit hotter by a longer slower draw. Sometimes you can make more vapor with a harder draw...it all depends on your vape, flower, and technique. Some vapes are easier to use than others...so when you understand the vaping process and how it can change with different types of vapes and rigs...then you can settle in on choosing vapes much more easily.
  • Hermes
    One useful accessory would a magnet bowl cover for a quick shake/stir. I would like a way to do a quick stir when mobile.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment