• LabPong
    One useful accessory would a magnet bowl cover for a quick shake/stir. I would like a way to do a quick stir when mobile.Hermes

This is the hardest part (besides cleaning with flower use) about using this vape out and about......

I use the nice Firefly accessory case and keep a Bud pick tool in there for stirring and applying my rosin on the pads. If you have a place to set the lid down on really quick.....I can usually twirl the load around and flip it over after the first hit.....then stir it normally for the following draws.

But If you cant open and set the lid aside to stir and you just need like 1-3 hits....just use a slower longer draw......stop heating as soon as you can sense it in your mouth/throat...then keep drawing for a few seconds more.
  • Hermes
    “But If you cant open and set the lid aside to stir and you just need like 1-3 hits....just use a slower longer draw......stop heating as soon as you can sense it in your mouth/throat...then keep drawing for a few seconds more.” -

Thanks...will give it a try.
    When I get the grind right and the perfect size load, I can shake mine instead of stirring. Kinda medium I guess, I keep the mouthpiece screen in for flower.
  • Hermes
    I have been using the grindless approach recently and it has been working for me. Tightly pack whole bud into the chamber..about 3/4 full...do a couple of hits...pull the bud out and flip over...2 more hits...pull the bud out and crumble in hand...reload for 2 more hits...I haven't been pre-grinding and this technique has been working out well. The method is outlined here: https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/firefly-2-tips-tricks

I have absolutely no interest in physically touching my herb in between hits. I’m not afraid to and have touched some nasty shit in my day, with my bare hands, but not abv between hits.
  • Hermes
    I guess I should have added ymmv. I am from the dirty south, grew up eating dirt, and now eat abv from the bowl...love getting down and dirty...but understand chitlins ain’t for everyone.
  • LabPong
    but understand chitlins ain’t for everyone.Hermes

:grin:

I have not tried whole buds yet in the FF2.....maybe a good time to test as I have some "not dry enough" specimens I want to try.
  • EasyToSlip
    Regarding calibration... on the original FF2 I felt that it was essential to up the calibration to at least 105%. On the FF2+ I don't think it is necessary. I have an original unit which has been through the FF2+ upgrade. After the upgrade it is much more consistent. Clouds all the time even on lower temps...
  • EconMan
    Anyone messed with this?Hermes

In their hype era, they called "calibration" "power boost" I think? When they revised the software they renamed it given criticisms. All power boost really did was define "zero" so they decided to call it what it actually did -- calibrate. So a 10% calibration simply takes for instance a 400f setting and turns it into a 440f bowl temp. Same thing as setting it at 440f with 0 calibration.

It can be quite useful for concentrates, especially distillates oils which have such relatively high vaping temps. I set it on 500f with 10% calibration for a sustained temp of 550. My goal is to get to the "solid red light asap because that is when the FF2 just shines with oils. For most shatter and all rosins I do 500f and 0 calibration. Takes a bit longer to get to the solid red light, but it's worth it, and the risk of scorching the rosin is diminished.

Regarding calibration... on the original FF2 I felt that it was essential to up the calibration to at least 105%. On the FF2+ I don't think it is necessary. I have an original unit which has been through the FF2+ upgrade. After the upgrade it is much more consistent. Clouds all the time even on lower temps...EasyToSlip

I did read (from them) they did change the heat curve significantly, so that there is a much more prolonged "ramp up" within the temp spectrum. However, I have the same software and have not noticed this. Perhaps the new software knows mine is a FF2 and not a FF2+, and conditionally does not or can not execute the new heating algorithm. interesting.
    Hey guys, do you have to remove ff from your phone app in order to link it to a different phone? If so, how lol. Can’t find the option to remove one I sold before I ship it.
  • LabPong
    Hey guys, do you have to remove ff from your phone app in order to link it to a different phone? If so, how lol. Can’t find the option to remove one I sold before I ship it.52

52...you can go into the app info and delete cache and data.....or maybe just uninstall the app and reinstall it. Any new FF2 you add will work fine even if you do not delete the data from the one you sold.

I do'nt recall...but I think I used 2 FF2's with 2 diff phones at a time. I think you can just store all the diff FF2's you have used in the app and when one is on....it will see it like a simple blue-tooth device pairing. I have 3 FF2's on my phone and it only can see ones that have been started/touched-on very recently as long as you keep location on ..on your phone.

also......nice to see your past unit (just like mine) is now allowing Gonzo to be part of the FF2+ users.....and hope you have that jet-black one you always wanted! :victory:

Thanks.
    Yup, got the Jet Black and only reason I’m selling this one.
  • EconMan

I have my single FF2 BT'd with three devices. Two iOS devices and an android. No issues.

I think LabPong is correct. I believe they chose NOT to utilize anti-piracy measures with respect to serial number registration. I have an extra FF2 I bought a few months ago still in a box. I may open it and see what having two FF2's connected to the same devices do.
    So I could be near him and fuck with his FF2 experience (turn it up to 500 for flower - lol)

Some BT devices we want exclusivity -- i.e. my headset.

Then there is the ultimate control-freakery -- Tesla. Tesla knows where you are and how your car is being driven at all times. They can literally shut your car down at any moment they choose. It is one reason the insurance is so high. Have one serious wreck and your car, EVEN WHEN FIXED, has to be recertified by Tesla before the vehicle will work as expected (meaning you step on the pedal and it rolls). Want to "supercharge"? You better be "certified" or it isn't happening.
  • LabPong
    So I could be near him and fuck with his FF2 experience (turn it up to 500 for flower - lol)EconMan

lol nice.....I would love to turn it down.......then 5 mins later....all the way up...haaaaaa

Then there is the ultimate control-freakery -- Tesla. Tesla knows where you are and how your car is being driven at all times. They can literally shut your car down at any moment they choose. It is one reason the insurance is so high. Have one serious wreck and your car, EVEN WHEN FIXED, has to be recertified by Tesla before the vehicle will work as expected (meaning you step on the pedal and it rolls). Want to "supercharge"? You better be "certified" or it isn't happening.EconMan

I want my 1980 VW Camper Van back! I could go almost anywhere with it.....beach driving while looking for the best break was the ultimate!

Now to keep the thread on topic.......I really have been becoming more and more a FF2 pressed rosin user compared to my normal 90% flower medicator. I just find that preloading a couple good balls of goop on the pad and then later when I want......fire that bad boy off anytime with in seconds and get awesome on demand medication. I can pretty much sneak hits almost anywhere like this.....with flower in it....not so much...and you have to stir....and I would rather use another device when mobile.
  • EconMan
    .I really have been becoming more and more a FF2 pressed rosin user compared to my normal 90% flower medicator. I just find that preloading a couple good balls of goop on the pad and then later when I want......fire that bad boy off anytime with in seconds and get awesome on demand medication.LabPong

Yes! I've always said it is my favorite Rosin portable :starstruck:
    I can carry a gram of distillate and put a few drops on the pad, and it lasts for some time. And there is not that nasty cart taste :vomit:

Also, it's "reclaim lid" just does magical things to rosin. Even dark rosin turns into near distillate on that beautiful lid, and I believe it is somehow actually more potent?
  • LabPong
    I can carry a gram of distillate and put a few drops on the pad, and it lasts for some time. And there is not that nasty cart taste :vomit:EconMan

huh? ......like you suck out 510/pod oils and use on the FF2 pad?

Also, it's "reclaim lid" just does magical things to rosin. Even dark rosin turns into near distillate on that beautiful lid, and I believe it is somehow actually more potent?EconMan

This X 1000 :starstruck:

The rosin reclaim from a FF2 is unreal...and such a treat when you dont want to pull more out of your tiny bit left in the silicone container.....or your totally out or didn't press in time.......BOOM you got JUICE BABY! haaaa totally awesome part of this vape. And it is to easy to pick up with a wide scraper dab tool....then just wipe with some ISO and your good.
  • MAbud

How do you like the FF2+? I’m considering it for a travel vape
  • LabPong
    How do you like the FF2+? I’m considering it for a travel vapeMAbud

I luv it! But understand I use my + only with rosin. I use my FF2 for flower...but it is only in situations when I need to be very discrete or have little time.

It is a pain to clean and stir using flower...but the fact that it is on demand and easy to use with great taste....it has its places in my uses. But using for flower all the time I would not like to deal with the stirring and cleaning much as I would just relent to my Argo with a bubble stem. There are only a few vapes I can pull direct off without water....FF2 is one of them!
    Full of distillate that I hate In anything else, don’t really care for it in this but I can choke it down at least. Rosin is better and all I will be buying in the future but I need to use up a lot of other non rosin trates first, might take a year or more, lol.
    b9hpbu0mzt96y1xb.jpeg
  • Hermes
    v30p4j2dmspiqlbw.jpeg ff2+ holding up well against the anejo
  • LabPong
    Full of distillate that I hate In anything else, don’t really care for it in this but I can choke it down at least. Rosin is better and all I will be buying in the future but I need to use up a lot of other non rosin trates first, might take a year or more, lol.52

Sell the distillate off if possible.....are you guys actually taking 510/pod cart oils out and putting it on the pad to vape?

No, I have distillate syringes I received as a gift, long story I’ll be able to explain soon. I’d just give or trade someone a bunch of material that is approaching a year old that I’ll probably never touch. But would have to meet in person. As far as I have researched, you can give or trade flower and trates but not resell them in Colorado.
  • LabPong
    No, I have distillate syringes I received as a gift, long story I’ll be able to explain soon. I’d just give or trade someone a bunch of material that is approaching a year old that I’ll probably never touch. But would have to meet in person. As far as I have researched, you can give or trade flower and trates but not resell them in Colorado.52

I see...oh yea...sorry I should of stated it differently.... "gift them out" :wink:

I was not sure what you meant buy using distillate.....I equate distillate to be normal low end 510 cart oils with artificial additives and crap base material. I could not imagine vaping that with a FF2....a long slow draw of it....ewwww lol

I have a hard enough time with 510/pod oils when they are extracted quickly with a pen battery....like a 3-5 second pull is more than enough for my lungs.....I also usually use them at about 3.2w. But if I have some good live resin carts.....I pull 6 seconds and hold it in.....smooth...tasty...and my lungs do not hurt and I do not cough my brains out for a second or two.
  • MAbud

Thanks. I’ve got 2 young kids so quick extraction is the name of the game :) typically with a Dynavap and induction heater. Seems like this could be a fit.

Is there is a reason you don’t vape flower in the FF2+?
  • EconMan
    I was not sure what you meant buy using distillate.....I equate distillate to be normal low end 510 cart oils with artificial additives and crap base material. I could not imagine vaping that with a FF2....a long slow draw of it....ewwww lolLabPong

No. It *can* be that -- soak some weed into some ethanol and fire up the still! :gasp:
    It also *can* be among the purest most potent oil ever dabbed when done well. In fact, I sometimes dip my rosin in it for an added bonus.

And I don't carry it around in a cart -- lol -- but a little gram container with screw lid and built in applicator.
  • LabPong
    Is there is a reason you don’t vape flower in the FF2+?MAbud

Only issue for me is the clean up and stirring..it can be sticky/messy all over the bowl edges and full glass top. But if you can wipe it out after every use it is not hard to keep it clean. So for being able to use on demand and put away to clean later....no issue then. But it can tend to build up if you have good sticky stuff.

That said..I do use it a few times a week for flower...often for insomnia so having it at the bedside is especially useful. I use a portable about 20% of my flower vaping..rest is pretty much G43, Elev8r, Air, Lotus through rigs.

EDIT:

After now trying the whole bud method....well actually 4-5 broken parts of a bud as I took out the stems as much as possible. ....I like this method with the flower I just tested. Since it was of excellent moisture levels....it vaped really nice and held the flavor longer than my normal med grind or bigger medium grind. Stirring was done like I normally do.....and the whole experience was better over all so far. More testing with diff strains to get the norm with this method.
  • LabPong
    Ok....now after doing another bowl with the partial broken bud...I am convinced using big bud parts is a good way to use with flower. So far with fairly sticky strains.....I get much much less build up in bowl and glass. I have also went back to 360F from 370F I have been using....helps the flavor chasing for me.

You basically stir as normal....but it doesn't breakdown so much and get all gummy at the end of the load...and more so this is seen on the lid which is nice. And the bonus is a longer taste profile curve through out the load.

I should of thought to use it this way with flower....especially since I draw slow with the MP screen out.

Give this method a try with flower. :up:
  • LabPong
    now with further nug testing.....I will not grind any flower going into my FF2's.

It is so much better not grinding your flower. You will break down the load after 4 draws and will crumble up as you stir/flip/flop/rotate the bowl after every draw. The amount of particles is a ton less and not much at all pending on your flower obviously.

Def give the whole nug or maybe 2-4 pieces per load a try.
  • fatbiker
    I called FF and found the answer to my question.

What was the question and answer they gave you?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment