• onejuicyfruit
    How do you clean your pad or do you? Then how long do the pads last when using rosin in the FF2?
    TIA
  • EconMan
    How do you clean your pad or do you?onejuicyfruit

I have a tiny mason jar I use to soak such things. Overnight works great for rosin. I use the S&B "Liquid pads for dosing capsules" as I argue they work better than EOM.

How long they last depends on the quality of your rosin. If yours has excessive plant matter in it, then the pad will require cleaning more often. There are basically three strategies with the pads:

1. Soak in iso overnight (takes time and is a hassle)
    2. Torch (much faster but degrades the pad over time).
    3. Consider them a consumable/disposable (more expensive).

I chose a combination of all three above, although the first is most-used, No2 is fun!, and No3 is convenient when I'm in a mood. :nerd:
    Ok FF2 gurus, @EconMan@LabPong
    I tried using coarse grind from the bcg coarse plate(which I have tried before but without tamping/pressing(lightly) and without stirring. Since I have come to terms that if I’m going to use it with flower for more then two hits(1 1/2 really) I need to be in a situation where I can calmly and enjoyable stir. Lucky for me I am 95% of the time as I don’t vape in as adventurous or even away from the house places as much as I think I do with my portable vapes, lol. It has taken a spot in my rotation with morning coffee. That being said, it stays cleaner MUCH longer then a medium/fine grind I have been using and trying to just shake in between hits. When the grind and pack us just right, shaking and rapping on your other hand works great and it extracts the best but leaves a MESS so while it extracts better I doubt any of the extra gets into your lungs as it just accumulates in the air path. I can now do about 3 bowls before I get grossed out and need to clean it. Use to have to clean it after every bowl.
  • EconMan

Yes, as I have long said. All my comments about the FF2 are from someone who uses it as a portable as in "portable" within the house. It is basically my desktop. I too reach for it during morning coffee when I'll often go through 2-3 sessions (bowls) with a 15-second quick clean between them.

I can be on the phone talking about a merchant account while I load, sesh, clean, reload, repeat.... A FF2 with all your accessory "stuff" nearby is a lovely thing. :starstruck:

Oh, and I use a coarse "chunky" grind with my HerbRipper and a firm (not hard) pack. I don't really stir, rather I "smash" often with the other end of Bud's titanium pic tool. But anything would work, some use their thumb! Smashers vs Stirrers lol :joke:
  • LabPong
    52.....for flower...I do not use a grinder at all. Most of my flower is fairly sticky and I just take a small bud and gently get any stems out....so sometimes it is 1 piece....sometimes 3-5 little chunks.

I use a pick and rotate, flop, and semi stir the flower after each draw. I pack full and medium tap down. No MP screen and I draw slow and even. I clean minor after each bowl....but it all depends on how much resin/reclaim build up on the mirrors and bowl....then I clean well when it gets to be too much.

Like you have found out....larger grind keeps the FF2 much cleaner.....so now apply this to using 4-7 draws per bowl for some....that will get dirty quick compared to a 1-3 draw bowl.
  • onejuicyfruit
    Hey, I really appreciate your response. I am not familiar with S&B liquid pads but I'll look for them online. I don't mind soaking with iso since that is the way I clean my glass with thorough rinses.
    Thanks again!
  • EconMan

Warning! They are NOT "S&B Liquid pads" (like for the Mighty) but "S&B Liquid Pads For Dosing Capsules". They are the ones designed to go INSIDE the dosing capsules. They are fantastic. Twice as thick as the OEM ones, but same radius.
  • onejuicyfruit
    Oh man, so glad you clarified this for me. I was off base a lot. Thanks!
  • LabPong
    I might need to go back and try the S&B dosing pads again.....I did not like them the first time I tried a month or so ago....they are much thicker and probably work better to hold more abv and getting more sessions out of them before cleaning them out?

I was so blasted on last nights stream with the FF2+ and some pressed rosin......I pretty much felt more sedated than Bud was.....or looked..haaaa Sorry if I was annoying to anyone....I was hyper in chat though.... while being so "fine". :sparkle:
    Just saw a guy palming while hitting a ff2 walking into Lowes. If your a member let us know if it was you :lol:
  • LabPong
    Just saw a guy palming while hitting a ff2 walking into Lowes. If your a member let us know if it was you :lol:52

haaaaa no way.....man...a cart maybe..but a FF2.... :monkey:

You should of went up to him and asked if he was using the pad or just flower..... :cool:
  • EconMan

Yeah, I got balls... vaped a PCKT+ at a police station.... but not hitting the FF2 as I walk into Costco..... not in this nutty state run by political morons.

Edit (afterthought).
    Perhaps the FF2 here is less risky? The cart's oil here is considered a "derivative" and is automatically a felony. Same with pressed rosin. hmmmmm ?
    Higher chance of getting caught I suppose, but conditional logic.... once caught, better to be caught with flower than oil.
  • LabPong
    Econ....actually I would rather be caught with a oil vape....like a cart....and just say it is CBD. lol

In other news......I have tried the S&B dosing capsule pad again.......NOT !

Giving up....it is too porous compared to the stock FF2 one. I put maybe a medium load of rosin on the S&B pad and it seeped to the bottom of the oven in 4 draws......get way too much on the screen to continue and let it get clogged up. Besides.....they are too wide and thick to place well and then reload and put back in.

Taste was worse too...probably because it got on the screen and darkened it all up from there for the taste end of it. But I could tell a diff when I was cigar puffing on it to warm it up and put the rosin on when it can melt in. Not sure if the taste was because of how much thicker and open the S&B one is in comparison to the tight compact much thinner FF version.

Put a fresh clean FF one back in.....taste is back.....and no goop on the screen again after 2 loads through it. I often flip it over between loads and rotate every 3 hits or so pending on how much and where it was on the pad.
  • fatbiker
    So has anyone sent their FF2 in to be “upgraded” to the +? I am considering buying a used FF2 that I would then send in to be serviced / upgraded.

Do they clean the device or anything when serviced?
  • LabPong
    So has anyone sent their FF2 in to be “upgraded” to the +? I am considering buying a used FF2 that I would then send in to be serviced / upgraded.

Do they clean the device or anything when serviced?
    fatbiker

I think you are better off getting a new + version because of warranty and getting a fresh battery. But you can find good deals if you wait for a used one to pop up. As I have stated before...I have 3 FF2's....one FF2 is older (maybe 2 years old), one FF2 is a jetblack version (so manufacture date is not too old), and the other is a FF2+.

The oldest FF2 has a more restricted draw than the jetblack FF2, and the jetblack FF2 hits almost like the FF2+ with draw resistance. So I can see why so many said they could not tell the diff of the draw resistance between the FF2 and the FF2+. But if you have an older FF2....maybe there is the difference as FF may have actually changed the screen before the FF2+ actually launched.

So it will be a toss up to spend extra to get the FF2+ over a used FF2. If you can find a little used and not too old FF2 for a good deal...go for it......try to get a jetblack one to be sure it is the most recent production run version. I do not know how to tell from packaging though from early FF2's to the last produced ones.
  • EasyToSlip
    I did the upgrade from the original FF2 to the almost +.

I am VERY HAPPY with the upgrade. It is a significant improvement. Calibrated better. Less draw resistance. Better vapor production at any temp.
    For $30 it is well worth it.
    They only hassle is they take their time with the upgrade... Don't expect Amazon Prime type turn around time.
  • upside
    I agree with and . I did the upgrade and also purchased a 2+. The upgraded 2 performs better now but the 2+ has less draw resistance. I’m using the upgraded 2 for flower and the 2+ for concentrates.
  • EconMan
    THis is fascinating to me. Thanks for the info.
  • LabPong
    I have been seeing many great shape FF2's being sold now......if you ever wanted one for concentrates......good time to try for fairly cheap....I have seen an average of $125-$150 for ones with little use on them. :victory:
  • fatbiker
    I’ve seen that too. However, with a 20% coupon I can get a new + for $200. If I bought a used version I would send it in for service to be upgraded which would diminish the savings.

A larger online vape store is close to where I live. I have the owners cell and talked to him about my desire to buy a FF2. He said he coul$nt, in good faith, recommend the FF2. He all but refused to sell it to me. I told him @EconMan said it was good for concentrates and I want to try it. He suggested the Dynacoil. I left it at that.
  • EconMan

LOL. We all have our biases! :nerd:
  • Pud
    that is funny!...
    i actually just got a dynacoil from sneaky Pete for an extra M I had laying around.., it was only $25 plus free shipping so thought I’d give it a whirl.
    I was looking at the whole FF2 vs FF2+ for the same reason @EconMan and his unwavering support for it with concentrates. I hadn’t realized there was 20% off ... hmmmm thanks
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    I’ve seen that too. However, with a 20% coupon I can get a new + for $200. If I bought a used version I would send it in for service to be upgraded which would diminish the savings.
    fatbiker

From my real life experience with 3 different FF'2.......one regular FF2 I have has more restriction than the other. One of them hits exactly like my FF2+. That one is the late model jetblack FF2. So from my perspective.....you would not need to do the $30 upgrade. You can...but you also might not get anything out of it. Be that as it may.....I have now seen a few $90-120 for sale FF2's.....in great shape!

So yea....it may not be that big of a savings to get the new warranty and new battery by just spending more on the FF2+. I'm just saying....I know a price point for many people is well below $200 on what they would spend and find worth it.
  • Hermes
    I religiously clean my ff2+ with alcohol wipe after each flower bowl...should I be doing the same with the pad in?
  • LabPong
    I religiously clean my ff2+ with alcohol wipe after each flower bowl...should I be doing the same with the pad in?Hermes

I usually let the pad go 3 to 4 sessions. For me....I put enough on the pad to get 5-8 good pulls...sometimes more pending on how long I draw. You can let it build up some in the pad, but more so on the lid and lower mirror section. But try not to let anything build up on the bowl screen. You can use a lightly dampened ISO qtip with vape upside down and just get the bowl sides and bottom when you notice too much build up ...or basically any on the screen. I keep the screen as free of drips off the pad as I can.

Then get a small glass or cup and soak the pad overnight or for 6 hours. Then rinse it out and refill and let soak again. You will know how many times to do this all depending on the material and how much use.
  • Hermes
    great tips! sincerely appreciated. I assume the pad soak is in iso? Also interest in low temps for the pad...what is the lowest you’ve gone?
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    great tips! sincerely appreciated. I assume the pad soak is in iso? Also interest in low temps for the pad...what is the lowest you’ve gone?
    Hermes

Yes...use 91% or higher ISO. And with any vape parts cleaning with ISO....rinse off well with hot water after the ISO.

For temps with the pad and concentrates....that would be mainly effected by your concentrate being used. But for example....I use 460F on the low end for taste with my rosin....but normally just use 370F. You could probably go a step lower than 460F.....but you will have to test that yourself to see what happens with your trates being used.

I'm normally a mid temp user on all my vapes no matter if herb or concentrate type.
  • upside
    Yes...use 91% or higher ISO. And with any vape parts cleaning with ISO....rinse off well with hot water after the ISO.LabPong

Why the rinse? Any risk with just allowing plenty of time for the alcohol to evaporate?
  • EconMan
    Any risk with just allowing plenty of time for the alcohol to evaporate?upside

I don't rinse, but I do a dry run after cleaning.... the heat takes care of the iso.
  • LabPong
    rinse if you want to use shortly after.....this is just my normal process as I do it for any part I clean weekly/daily.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment