• LabPong
    Pumped to join the club!!Pud
    NICE! :party:

What did you trade up for the FF2?
  • Pud
    I had an mv1 stealth still in shrink wrap and a used dispenser w/box and they traded me a new sealed ff2+ with a grinder... 2 days after I set up the trade, the mv1 did their price drop... I was glad they honored the deal, so that was cool. Initially I was trading for a slightly used ff2+ but it morphed into a $249 credit so I could get a new one :grin:
  • SmokedFuzz
    So, I decided I might as well have a backup vape anyway and picked up a handsome Zebra wood FF2+ this weekend. The airflow seems the same as my accidental mod, and they both seem to whistle when I draw. Do you all have the whistling thing happen with your FF2/+ or am I just drawing too hard?
  • Pud
    I’m not hearing any whistling.... but I’m still in the honeymoon phase where she can do no wrong.... is your mouthpiece wiggled all the way in?
  • LabPong
    So, I decided I might as well have a backup vape anyway and picked up a handsome Zebra wood FF2+ this weekend. The airflow seems the same as my accidental mod, and they both seem to whistle when I draw. Do you all have the whistling thing happen with your FF2/+ or am I just drawing too hard?SmokedFuzz

That sound you hear is normal....when you pull hard enough that is what you will hear..especially if the bowl is empty and you just check the draw to see if the lid is sealed well. But yes....when you hear that...you are pulling at max....but not to say sometimes you would not need to draw that hard...but I would not draw that hard with flower unless you use the mouthpiece screen.

When I use the pad with rosin....I tend to draw harder and also more varied draw pressure through the whole single draw. So I start out slow to medium....then kinda do some mouth pulls in the middle of the draw. But also it depends on if it is the first draw.....cause then you just pull slower and warm everything up. Then the following draws you can experiment and see what gives you the best results with what ever is packed in your FF2.
  • Pud
    Anybody that has a ff2+... can you change temp by using the “button” sensors on the sides? I followed the instructions but can only change temp using the app...
  • SmokedFuzz
    Thanks LabPong! I think it's the pad I'm using. The one that FF shipped with the unit seems slightly too large for the bowl causing it to not sit evenly causing the excessive airflow. I'll try out a new pad after a few more puffs and see how it goes.
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    Thanks LabPong! I think it's the pad I'm using. The one that FF shipped with the unit seems slightly too large for the bowl causing it to not sit evenly causing the excessive airflow. I'll try out a new pad after a few more puffs and see how it goes.
    SmokedFuzz

No...the pads fit like that and that is not a problem actually. When you use the pad a few times or if you overload it....and use it some...excess oils will build up on the glass side walls of the bowl. When that happens and the vape cools off....then you go back to using it...there can be a clog in the draw as the oil resin is a goo layer between the pad and the glass side walls. So you need to warm it up to melt that off.

But it does sort of suck the pad is about 1mm wider than the bowl. Well that is for a couple reasons, but mainly because the pad will compress and shrink some as you continually use it. Most of the compression though is top to bottom and not side to side.

So when I use my FF2+ for rosin only....I find a perfect amount to apply that does not allow over flowing out of the pad as much. You can tell the right amount when there is no resin that gets to the bottom of the bowl on the SS screen. When you see build up there....you should clean that off quick....I even pull the pad out when I am in a session....set it on the glass of the lid....then quickly swab out the bottom screen with a qtip and put the pad back in. It will help you get through the session better and you can go back and clean the bowl area out good after your session.

For the issue of the pad being slightly wider than the bowl sides. I use 2 pics to press the pad in place so it is fairly even. But I error on the side of caution and when I can not get the pad to sit even...I let the front edge of the pad in the bowl (the edge of the pad closest to the center of the vape) be the edge that is slightly higher. So if it sits slightly crooked in the bowl...allow that edge to be higher so the airpath flows better and the oil does not tend to come out of the pad as much.

Plus I rotate the pad at least once in a session (my average sessions are a good 5-6 draws after first draw warm up). Rotating from say 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock in the bowl...just spinning it in place. If I reload shortly after my first load.....maybe because I did not put much in first bowl wise....I will flip the pad over and apply my rosin on the opposite side I started from.

In fact....if you load up the pad....then just do a few hits and put the rest away for later.....flip the pad over at some point after you restart. This helps keep the rosin more in the middle of the pad longer. In fact you will notice how to do this well if your putting the same thing on your pad often. Since I press my own grown flowers....I can dial this process of using the pad much better with the same rosin quality and consistency of viscosity in material. I have not tried any dispo concentrates like shatter and waxes ever. So using those can offer different results than mind as my rosin is typically pretty thick and sticky as I just press with folded over parchment paper and not in bags with finer filtering for plant materials.

Sorry this was a long blah blah blah....but some might find good bits of tips and info here. :victory:
  • EconMan
    Anybody that has a ff2+... can you change temp by using the “button” sensors on the sides? I followed the instructions but can only change temp using the app...Pud

Can't speak to the Plus, but my og does so.

The one that FF shipped with the unit seems slightly too largeSmokedFuzz

LP already responded well to this. I'll just add, thumb it down in there. You won't break it. Just use reasonable pressure to push the pad onto the bottom of the bowl -- the first time its edges will "scrape" against the side. No problem. Just make sure you get it pushed all the way down so the pad touches the bowl. If you've been using it with flower, make sure you thoroughly clean it first.

And lastly, always remember the airflow is unusually OUT of the bowl, not IN to it. This is what in part makes the FF special. :100:
  • LabPong
    Good points Econ...

Yes....never ever put a pad in a FF that was used already with flower and not cleaned!

This is the reason why I have 2 FF's...one is dedicated to flower...one to rosin. I would go krazy if I had just one FF...lol :monkey:
  • EconMan
    I would go krazy if I had just one FF...lolLabPong

That explains me! :nerd:
  • Pud
    I find the ff2+ super simple to use... the only thing I had to get used to was length of draw. I used my stopwatch a couple times to be sure I was doing 10-12secs and it works great for me. Super glad I traded for this. Waiting for support to message me about manual temp changes. For those with a ff2+, when in the app does it show you have a FF2 or FF2+? Thanks!
  • EconMan
    I find the ff2+ super simple to use... the only thing I had to get used to was length of draw. I used my stopwatch a couple times to be sure I was doing 10-12secs and it works great for me. Super glad I traded for this. Waiting for support to message me about manual temp changes. For those with a ff2+, when in the app does it show you have a FF2 or FF2+? Thanks!Pud

Glad it seems to be working for you. Sometimes getting mine started I "cigar puff" it a few times to get the convection engine going.... gives a good hot base for prolonged hits.

I have the current version of the app which is the same for both classes of users. In fact, mine shows the new plus logo now after last upgrade. The app for me works flawlessly -- one of the few vapes with apps that actually work without wanting to go kick a baby after trying to get them to work.
  • Pud
    yes the one feature of the plus was you can change temp without the app. The app says my software is up to date but I can’t manually change temps (which I want to be able to do). My app says ff2 so thinking software.. we’ll see what support says

r5nyur0pl4r5j0jd.jpeg
  • EconMan

I can manually change temps.

This is how mine works. Go to the section:
    HEATING CONTROL : FROM DEVICE
    https://www.thefirefly.com/media/Firefly2-UserManual_3.13.18.pdf
  • Pud
    yes this is what I am doing but it has no effect. Originally shipped set to 5... Hold right side entire time... tap left sensor 3 times it starts blinking... tap left sensor 3 more times... release right sensor... it’s still set to 5... will not change unless I go into app... I’ve done it dozens of times why I must be doing something or something weird is going on... I’m sure it’s probably me...always is.... lol!!

For some reason I was thinking the ff2 had to be changed in the app and couldn’t be changed manually... must have read that wrong
  • LabPong
    For those with a ff2+, when in the app does it show you have a FF2 or FF2+? Thanks!Pud

I have +'s and regular ones. It does not show if it is a + or not. The only way it would...is if you renamed the vape in the app. It only shows the serial or id # if I am not mistaken.....i renamed mine as soon as I used the app.

I do not even use the buttons to set anything.....the app is nice and you do not have to rely on it if you set the vape up with it and then it retains those settings after that. I applaud FF for making such a efficient and great UI in their app. It is simple and fast to use.
  • Pud
    the app is nice and def super simple interface... I am just glad it still works when I have no internet or WiFi available... I expected it to not work thus I’d be set at one temp if I could not get my sensors figured out.. so :up: :up:
  • EconMan
    I do not even use the buttons to set anything.LabPong

Nor me. The app works flawlessly on my iPhone, and since I always have my phone, and the app does not require wifi or even celular, I prefer using the app.

the app is nice and def super simple interface.Pud

Agreed, **IF** one is going to have an "app" with their vape this is the right way to do it. The founder's Apple background no doubt helped here. Lastly, I've confirmed via a port scanner it does NOT "phone home" and spy on your vaping habits. Don't laugh, there have been products that do that very thing, developers actually thought people would want a record of their micro-usage in the Cloud :gasp:
  • Pud
    ...and what’s better than one firefly?.... 2 fireflys!

kjucwl19mcsa48l3.jpeg
  • LabPong
    ...and what’s better than one firefly?.... 2 fireflys!Pud

Jumping into the fire with both feet.......or in this case..hands...hehehe

Nice setup...I have the same thing almost....zebra+ and a jb2 that hits like the +...and it never had the upgrade done.
  • Hermes
    Any tips for removing the liquid pad undamaged? I use a sewing needle but does not seem optimal.
  • fatbiker
    Heat it up and it will come out easily. Don’t bother trying when it’s fold.
  • EconMan

The FF2 is pretty sturdy. I'll warm it slightly then dig it out with Bud's pic tool. Hard to damage the pad itself. I soak mine in iso for a few hours, then dry and use again.
  • Hermes
    Thanks for the tips! Also looking for guidance on when folks reload their pads with concentrate. When the flavor changes or vapor volume decreases? I am often amazed at how long these pads can produce vapor.
  • EconMan

The latter. Unless, I begin to suspect a proto-nasty after-taste is developing, and then I use a new or cleaned one.
  • Pud
    once I started treating them as sensors and not buttons on the sides, my issue went away...
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    once I started treating them as sensors and not buttons on the sides, my issue went away...
    Pud

Sometimes when they dont fire perfectly.....try cleaning them off with a touch of ISO...it's sort of like cleaning a fingerprint sensor off on your phone to keep it working normally.

But....sometimes I want physical buttons....lol Like when I am already ripped and keep going but fumble with solid finger tip position.

I am slightly worried about the touch sensitive "not a button" control on the soon to be in my hands Oura. I hope I don't keep setting the heat to max accidentally.....I'm not into temp stepping. haaa
  • EconMan
    soon to be in my hands Oura.LabPong

Looking forward to hearing what you think.
  • Hermes
    Ff2+ has made orphans of my mv1 and mighty. Has this happened to others and if so, what did you do? Sell’em?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment