• ssaucyc515
    Bob I ain't made out of money! They all from China! :rofl:
  • EDub
    wow that’s sucks man. It’s maddening when a company takes your money and then offers poor costumer service. Did you migrate or planning to migrate to the TinyMight?
  • meeemeee
    I'm still waiting to hear back for my refund...
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    wow that’s sucks man. It’s maddening when a company takes your money and then offers poor costumer service. Did you migrate or planning to migrate to the TinyMight?
    EDub

I ordered the Tinymight back on Dec. 14th......and got it a week or so ago. I am so glad I bailed on the Mi3......TM is 10 times the vape with temp control and much better build quality over all .....with a awesome heating element that is not like any other and produces great vapor very fast.....I mean fast!
  • EDub
    Awesome that’s great to hear. @BestBuds wrote a nice review on it the other day and I’m giddy with excitement. I’m going to sell my Crafty + and pick up what appears to be the new portable vape king?
  • EDub
    Ok so I got my Wismec Gen3 in today so I finally get to test out the Z ...or so I thought. First off, I had a frustrating firmware update process because I was using an incompatible cable for my device....I take that back....I went through 6 or 7 incompatible cables...and this was after a freaking hour of trouble shooting to even come to the conclusion that that was the issue. So now that I got the firmware on it’s home free right? All you gotta do is go to Colins Instagram video ( thanks Sneaky Pete ) and cloud heaven right? Do dogs it sh!t for breakfast? The video worked but the damn Atmoizer doesn’t!!!! They’re f#cking DOA!!! Are you freaking kidding me!?!! I waited all week for the box mod to come in after a delay, only to get the box mod and see that I need to buy batteries(my fault, should’ve read), so now I drive from store to store looking for batteries, take said batteries home and gotta wait 3 hours for that, then another hour or so on troubleshooting only for RBT to drop the Fing ball? No atomizer found?!!!? Really??!?! I‘m freaking looking at it!!!!! Please excuse me while I scream every cuss word known to man for 5 minutes while my volcano heats up. Say what you want about S&B but the volcano never fails.
  • Azn2101
    Damn man that's rough. I know with my Z the center pin that connects to the mod in the Atomizer thread-well was always a bit finicky so sometimes it took shining that bitch with one of those kitchen green slightly abrasive pads and also doing the same for my mod but that was mainly cause I swap out an E-Juice tank.

It might also be a slight coating of dust or other particles on the mid pin preventing it from registering, that was the case with my newest mod.

Do you ha e any other 510 device you can stick on the mod to test it?
  • Baron23
    No atomizer found?EDub

That means its seeing an open in the circuit.

Could be the Z, could be a bad connection in the 510 fitting.

Have you tried screwing it on/off a few times, maybe an ISO wipe of the contacts (both sides), make sure your Wismec contacts (they spring loaded a bit, yeah???) is free and clear?

But yeah, could be the Z.

You know anybody near you with a box mod you could try your Z on....forget software, just see if you get a completed circuit and it shows resistance (well, less than infinite resistance of an open haha).
  • Baron23
    Ah, I see great minds (well, in my mind at least! haha) think alike.

Good, helful post! :up: :100:
  • Azn2101
    You know I have a feeling I got it from you or someone on this thread so I don't think I can take any credit but thanks man =)
  • LabPong
    I finally heard back from Cole......wow

He is going to refund the PP fee and he also said he would send me 2 short stems! I had asked him if they would rather send me 1 short stem instead of the refund. I feel pretty surprised now by this offer...... :party:
  • BobCat
    That's solid. :up:
  • EDub
    @LabPongThat’s great news! Happy Cole got you sorted out :party:
  • EDub
    @Baron23. Thanks for the suggestions and I’ll try that out. I have a pico eleaf 75w that the Z registers on so I don’t know what’s what. On the Wismec I get a different reading from my OG Splinter be the Z. Honestly, I’m sorta over it all. Puffing that Volcano last night got me seriously thinking about going for the refund and waiting for a Tiny Might or whatever half step evolutionary device S&B decides to release next. (That last part about S&B was a joke do to the Crafty + debacle.)
  • LabPong
    I’m sorta over it all. Puffing that Volcano last night got me seriously thinking about going for the refund and waiting for a Tiny Might or whatever half step evolutionary device S&B decides to release next.EDub

I would def. go with the Tinymight.....seriously....do it.
  • EDub
    So I reached out to Cole to get a refund as I’m just frustrated with everything, from the cracked V2 to the DOA Splinter Z and it seems this dude is dodging me! I sent him a text about what happened, he asks for my order number, asks if I want another unit and I tell him I just want a refund....crickets.

So I say F it, just get a new device and sell it here so I finally get ahold of Cole on the phone , I explain everything to him and that I would like a refund and he suggests an exchange. But before the exchange it was agreed that I would try using the Z in power mode to see if that would work.

So I’m blowing on the Xlr pipe like a 2 dollar whore and still no freaking smoke. So I texted Cole like he said for the refund and haven’t heard from him. Now I don’t know if Agent Smith got his ass or what, but he seems to have left the matrix and I’m pissed.

Don’t F with my money RBT!!!! I will track you down in my size 11! ( end of angry cyber rant)
  • LabPong
    EDub....just wait....they took too long with me...but finally did the right thing plus more. Unfortunately, they are not on top of it like a normal business.

I was also just going to wait for the Mi3 to come when it was finished...then just sell it...but after the screw debacle....I wanted to bail....but also I was having doubts about an unregulated vape...even though I wanted to see what the fuss was about with the Milaana from many credible peoples reviews.
  • EDub
    @LabPong. You’re right....although it took a while he finally responded apologetically and is going to ship out some new units. He’s trying to make it right and that’s stand up by me...he’s good in my book now. However, I will be keeping away from RBT for a while.
  • meeemeee
    For anyone that was following my broken splinter story.....
    I got a refund for the Z that arrived cracked. Since then I got it hot to see what would happen. As still looks like to you squeeze a rip out of it. But.
    I got it hot after many burn offs. It stank. And it now fizzes if you warm it up. Obviously some glue getting hot in there. Or "resin" whatever they use. And the wood is cracked and obviously as said the glass.
    Real shame they gone downhill. I still use my old splinter but I'm gonna sell this v2 new. I done the factory burn off and it dossnt smell at all really. Maybe still smells new but it was a burn off. I'd guess it's perfectly usable. Least I hope so if I'm selling it.... still money down after tax and shipping so if I sell the V2 I break even...
  • meeemeee
    Now my OG splinter has broken... ehfrl6bgkvgudsm2.jpg
    528b089i5293rjff.jpg
    The body came away from the base.
    Found inside was loose mica dust :death:

I cleaned inside and replaced it with glass. ss9rtvtmnctoomkw.jpg

What's the sealant used to seal the base back to the body??
  • MaritimeJoe

found from FC:

From the RBT website.

Is adhesive used in RBT products and is it in the flow path?

Yes, Loctite® M-121HP™ Hysol® Medical Device Epoxy Adhesive (ISO 10993) is used to attach the rim of the heater glass to the wood. This is the coolest part of the heater glass and rarely does it reach over 150 degrees F which is well below the 300 F temperature limit of the this epoxy. The adhesive is not part of the primary flow path and has minimal exposed surfaces.

I'm not sure that that is still on the website, so not sure if still in use. but a quick google returned that.

Edit: Just seeing now that this is for the glass......not sure if it's the same for the base!
  • BestBuds
    Loctite® M-121HP™ Hysol® Medical Device Epoxy Adhesive (ISO 10993)MaritimeJoe
    this is the correct stuff. Used on both sides glass and base.
    @meeemeee I can't believe it died on you. What shit luck. :lol: :cry:
  • meeemeee
    thanks dude...

I just wrapped cotton around the base and used friction to keep it on for now and seems pretty good.
    This epoxy is about £25 here once shipped...
  • meeemeee
    yes mate... we was just talking about opening them up for a revamp.
    Seems mine was done anyways....
  • meeemeee
    Interesting update on the splinter fix...
    Seems like my botch job is actually an upgrade...
    The heater output has changed quite alot..
    The glass now steals all the heat at first..then holds it and helps put out larger rips after they heat soaked. Plus the heater surface is bigger and now tuned and shaped to better fit the basket. No more two little hot spots. :nerd:
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet