• LabPong
    Didn't they use ceramic at one point on some of them?
  • badbee
    Or buy one of the newer ones from other companies that are rebuild able and can see inside. Think mistvape impcognito rebuilds and a few others.meeemeee

I don't own any of those but my understanding is that the nicotine vape style of coil used in those vapes provides a significantly different experience than a good quality proper Splinter with it's perforated ribbon heater. Rebuildable sounds OK until you learn that those coils burn out (which implies you are inhalilng something off them) and have to be rebuilt. I'm not claiming any direct knowledge, it's just something to consider.
  • LabPong
    what is meant by "custom".....is that anything made in usa with the german glass?
  • meeemeee
    I not used any imps either. But there are other options from Germany and a few I can't think of.
    But I know they not full of glue. And don't stink toxic like RBT.

Essentially I'm just saying there are better vapes to buy without glue in the air path. That are similar to the splinter.

Those coils only degrade if they are overpowered. Some you can fit our own and I'd guess ribbon is an option.

I'm any case I was inhaling some things off my splinter for years. Mica dust particles
  • badbee
    Fair enough, I wouldn't use one if it had a bad smell either. Neither of mine smell and there seem to be lots of other Splinter owners with no issues. But yours isn't the first complaint raised, so there's that.
  • Other Side
    I would check out the Glow from Dreamwood. The Musa 510 is coming around as well. Both those from Germany.
    I don't think you will have any issue with coil degradation with either of them. Especially if you stick with the Kanthal coils on the Glow and the Musa uses a real beefy coil which I don't see being a problem.

It's a little concerning to hear about Mica dust. I have been using and selling RBT gear for years. Ryan always made it sound like there was no risk. Been under the hood of many RBT products and seen plenty of Mica insulators but never noticed any dust. And now the Chinese gear has Ceramic instead of Mica. Not sure Ceramic dust is any better but let's hope its not an issue. Something to be aware of anyway.....
  • EDub
    well damn, this news has got me considering bringing the Crafty + out of retirement. This is precisely why we need regulations. Do you know when the MUSA will be released? How is the Steam pod? Same issues?
  • BestBuds
    I also found mica dust when burned my Z body. :monkey: not to mention little glue balls in the heating chamber in-between the glass and the wood body.
  • Baron23
    No bueno for sure.
  • EDub
    how do you detect the mica dust?
  • BestBuds
    my Z got burned so I opened it to see if I could fix it. That's how I saw the dust.
  • Hapo
    ...so glad I bailed on RBT...that bullshit virtue assuming name should have been a Big Red Flag...

...VG let me off the hook despite getting the shaft there...
  • BobCat
    ...VG let me off the hook despite getting the shaft there..Hapo
    ?????
  • Other Side
    exactly how did you get the shaft? This is now the second time you have tried to throw shade on my business in the forums. You are way off base here Hapo. I would be more than happy to publish all of our interactions here and let's the members here decide. I fielded more emails from you over the course of a few weeks than I did for all other customers combined.

We made a trade. You went round and round about what you wanted. You finally decided on several items which I reluctantly traded and was more than a fair value in the trade. Then you come back weeks later saying you want to again exchange something. This is after how many exchanges prior Hapo? I bent over backwards to accommodate you but I am not a free vaporizer rental store. And by the way it cost me money to keep shipping items to you because you can't make up your mind. Yes you say I don't need to pay for your return shipping but my time and shipping back to you costs something.

I don't have time for your nonsense. You are so out of line here I just had to say something. You want to deal with this, email me back but don't come with bullshit or it will be ignored. And me ignoring you is a very first for a customer so congrats, you found my breaking point.

Take this shit to another forum and I promise you I will meet you there with evidence to support my position. Keep VGoodiez name out of your mouth please.
  • Other Side
    sorry I intended to answer you and then bullshit happened....

As for the Musa, it was supposed to be in the next few weeks. However with what's going on, I just don't know.

IMO the Stempod and Dreamwood may be good options. I like using them with kanthal coils only. People claim SS is tastier but for me I'd rather have a coil that doesn't oxidize so quickly. If you are hard on SS you can be swapping some of these out in just a week or too as they will fall apart. That shit has to be going somewhere so k stick to Kanthal.

Outside of that you have stainless steel and wood with the Dreamwood or All stainless/stainless with silicone on the Stempod/Si.
  • Hapo

...uh...I was saying you got the shaft there bro, from what I could tell, and took care of me anyway...

...you can be pretty defensive...I never insisted that you to do something you didn't want to...

...I never asked nor expected you to pay shipping...

...don't paint me neither eh...
  • Hapo

...RBT sent VG a bunch of fuked up shit and I ened up returning it to VG even though RBT was jerking him around...

...he let me unload the whole mess in trade for some dream woods...

...he really hooked me up there when I lost a stem...he sent another and it had to be custom ordered n shit...he didna even charge me for it...

...then he accepted two of the dream woods in trade for a Ditanuim...I was havin' fun...!!!...

...I had second thought aboot the Ditanium and got the hots for the Suprem V6 but he didn't want to trade...

...I was cool with that and tried to buy one but he stopped answering my questions aboot what I needed to buy...

...I can be flaky but I am not the one being a dik, IMHO...I never approached VG with anything but good faith...
  • Other Side
    My misunderstanding and apologies for the reaction. I am very defensive of my business. Right now it's all my family has. I also work hard to serve my customers so when I feel shade being thrown my way, I do anything but back down.

I don't want to get into our business out here but let's just we don't seem to get on the same page about what I can and can't do in our business transactions.. I wish you well and once again apologies for the misinterpretation.
  • Hapo
    ...you are ok in my book bro...

...I was a bit miffed that you kind of blew me off on the V6 but it's not like you owe me anything...

...you probably saved me a lot of $$$ and bother because the E Nailed Elev8r would have made it some what superfluous...

...the complementary extra heater came in very handy...serendipity...!!!...

...what can I say...I bring out the worst in people...!!!... .!. :grin: .!.
  • Bad Dog
    Just have to chime in about the service at vgoodiez, it's A1 in my books :100: @Other Side response time to my emails was lightning fast. Had a stoner moment and forgot to use Buds coupon code, Scott instantly cancelled my order and allowed me to re order with the code no questions asked. Could have easily said all sales are final and I would only have myself to blame. Vgoodiez really goes the extra mile when it comes to customer service, highly recommended them for the excellent selection and wonderful service
  • Hapo
    "Could have easily said all sales are final and I would only have myself to blame."

...you need to really push for that...it is not standard policy...

...a man like that deserves to take pride...

...I am sorry for the clumsy English wherein he thought I disparaged him...I would be pissed off in his shoes...

...he has been very patient over all...DynaVap won't even return my calls...LoL...

• Bad Dog
    it's just smart business, a happy customer is far more likely to be a return customer. I applaud vgoodiez personable service because as I said it would have been my fault and he would have had every right to say all sales are final
  • Hapo
    ...if he fully grasped my level of dysfunction he might not take shit I pull so personal...

...the doctors call it "moderate cognitive impairment" or something...

...this was a down grade from "minimal brain dysfunction" as wee child...

...I have been exposed to a lot of violence for a civilian...

• BobCat
    f he fully grasped my level of dysfunction he might not take shit I pull so personal...

...the doctors call it "moderate cognitive impairment" or something
    Hapo

That is truly a shame, but I can't help but wonder: How do you legally own firearms when you are mentally challenged to compose a cogent post without continual ellipses, or a clear concise email, or make a purchase without a continual change of mind? Primarily, I'm curious about the gun ownership.
  • Other Side
    @hapo and are having a private conversation now so I'm sure we will work out any differences/misconception.

To clarify tho, I do have a 30 day return policy for unused purchases and will gladly honor that. This particular transaction was a personal trade. That along with a few other things going on at that moment made me just walk away for a bit.
  • Hapo

...my thoughts are ellipses...

...I am merely confused, not insane...I lost more IQ points than some people have....

...I still function at an above average level...that's the scary part...

...as for gun ownership I am pretty well trained and qualified recently as an armed guard...

...I had an armored car job before the cancer got me...I didn't use cannabis then...

...it was the best job I could find with my impairment...

...now it doesn't matter so much...

...I walk away often...

...sometymes it's my own confusion but it's better than pointless confrontation...

...you will eventually lose no matter how hot you trot, eh....

...I always try to keep perspective...where's the percentage...?!?... (grin)
  • BobCat
    I was
    my thoughts are ellipsesHapo

You can always type, wait, go back and edit the content into a cogent post. Grammar is the precursor to logic.

.I am merely confused, not insane...I lost more IQ points than some people haveHapo

It was never said, nor intimated you weren't intelligent or weren't sane. I have a friend who is narcoleptic, and I don't want him owning guns. BTW, I am a gun owner. It is dismaying that you say 'I am merely confused,' but do not seem to think that affects gun ownership.

Regardless, this is not the thread to delve too deeply into this topic.

*I am glad you mentioned the disability and was hoping it would better help me understand you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment