• The EVO
    Model: EVO Vaporizer
    Category: Desktop
    Manufacturer: VapeXhale
    Where to buy: Official VapeXhale Store *see deals page for 10% off code

Existing EVO discussions you should check out:
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/86/vapexhale-cloud-evo-review-promo-code
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3646/vapexhale-evo-review
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3166/vapexhale-evo-great-for-parents

@VapeCritic's VapeXhale EVO Vaporizer Review

This will now be the main thread for all chat about the EVO :100:

4ko17qpd4o713wtx.jpg
  • Baron23
    I adore my EVO. First view of it was in Bud's review.....and it looked like a big clunky thing with this big clunky glass and I wasn't thrilled....until I used one.

Its a magnificent device for flower. I use it with a Turbine HT with water but I do also use it more of a bit of a sipper (well, strong sipper) with a dry Calyx MP.
  • Vapster707
    Luv my evo tha flavor is tha best IMO ...
  • Tdog420

Evo or flowerpot? One those will be my next vape. Wondering flavor and clouds comparison??? Which do you prefer if you have used both.(baron)
  • MothChewMoth
    I currently own a VapeXhale Evo, and it's been my DD for about 8 months. It was given as a gift (thank you @juxt !), and here are my thoughts from my personal usage.

TL;DR - The Evo is a powerhouse of a desktop vape in a pretty unique package. For flower, IMO this is one of the benchmarks for flavor in the industry currently. For concentrate, some folks love it; I'm not one of those people. Everyone should get the opportunity to try one, if not own one.

Vapor quality - Top tier desktop quality vapor. I benchmark most other vapor against this vape (for flower), just because it's so good IMO. My favorite usage is with a hydrotube, but even dry with a short mouthpiece, the vapor is cool and the flavor is impeccable. You CAN sip this, but it really excels at being ripped on for whatever your lung capacity is. Your cooling method of choice will affect your vapor quality as expected. CAVEAT; I do not use this for concentrates. I've never been able to get good flavor out of the nails and hate the mess it makes. This is the only points off I'll take for quality.
    Grade : A-

Design - Very interesting internals, very boring looking stock externals. The sleeves make it better, but they really didn't waste funds on exterior frills and it can be a little stark on it's own. ELBs (Easy Load Baskets) are one of my favorite inventions ever. Paired with a whip, it's a bit like a mad chemist's set up. With a Hydrotube, it's a work of art. IMO the Evo is at it's best while using a HT. My only complaint is that I wish the base were weighted at the bottom, or there was an easier way to secure it. It's very light, so bumps can lead to disaster.

IMG-20190706-213156.jpg

Power - Got any computer cord from the last two decades laying about, and a matching power outlet? You're set! No power bricks or other attachments; this just plugs into the wall. This means you can REALLY toast your material if you're not careful. I like to start mine at about 11a on the dial and heat-soak for about 10 minutes (would be nice if this was shorter). After 3-5 big pulls through my HT and a stir, I crank it up to 12:30-1p and finish the bowl. I used to crank to about 3:30p, but that's right on the edge of combustion and my wife didn't appreciate the more pungent aroma :rofl:

Cleaning - If you're only using flower, cleaning is an A+ and the simplest thing ever. Most times just brushing out the ELBs and occasionally wiping the inside of the glass top is all you'll need to do. Sometimes you'll need to soak your ELBs and rinse em out. DONE.
    Now if you're using concentrates (and a pro users) your cleaning isn't any worse than additionally soaking your nails. Unfortunately I (and others I know) are not those users and can get splatters in the nails. This can get inside the bamboo (glass rod inner air/heat path) and get it dirty. The bamboo is impossible to remove, and it has multiple hollow chambers that are completely inaccessible. This means to clean stuff out of there, you have to very carefully stopper one end of the Evo and drip ISO into the bamboo, filling it up. You need to let it soak, then dry out, making sure to do multiple burnoffs. It sucks. Don't use this for concentrates :joke:
    Grade : A+/C

Usage - As a desktop, this relatively unique in that it's designed to be picked up and handled. The Hydrotube is a pretty slick device and it's very simple to use. While using, it feels very natural, but is quite top-heavy and susceptible to bumps. It can be used natively with any 18mm glass or be paired with various whip attachments. Power is a manual dial set in the style of a clock, but there are no indicators on the unit itself. The sleeve does have a temp indicator, but it's mostly a ballpark estimate as these things go. Swapping ELBs is a breeze, and very convenient.

I'm not sure what else I can say about this. It's phenomenal for flower and is on my coffee table most days for at least one ELB. It's great for solo sessions or for group sharing. The internals are glass so it is fragile, but has been robust for me so far as a 2nd owner. If this were to break down on me today, it would likely be a toss-up between this or the Ditanium for a replacement.

Base Unit
    IMG-20190110-204647.jpg

Some cooling options
    IMG-20190116-203233.jpg

Paired with the G43
    IMG-20190309-163115.jpg

Super cool glass mouthpiece
    IMG-20190110-205703-EFFECTS.jpg
  • Baron23
    Evo or flowerpot?Tdog420

Too close to call...I have one of each but...that's $$

I think if I had to pick one and only one, it may well be the EVO....perhaps just from a safety perspective. Really close, though.
  • lazylathe

Agreed!
    For me the EVO has the slight advantage with it's no hassle draw technique.
    Load an ELB, drop it in and pull softly or like a maniac and it produces awesome vapor.
    Glass and breakable as well.
    Heat is retained more in the core and the outside gets a bit warm.

With the FP, you need to be more aware of draw speed and timings.
    Once you get it down though, it is like butter!
    Titanium is virtually indestructible in the way w will use it, so a win here!
    Exposed Ti is HOT and can sear you instantly in a lapse of concentration.

I have both on my desk and they both get used a lot!
  • Tdog420
    thanks so much!! Trying to by a used one right now!! The evo thats is. Simply because its less likely to burn me or my couch.
  • Tdog420

How old are your units??? Curious about the life of this one. Ever have to use the warrenty?. Asking because im buying a used one. Is as reliable as a volcano if you dont break any glass?
  • MothChewMoth
    I'm at least the second owner of mine, and it's at minimum several years old. Aside from a major cleaning I needed to do, this thing has been a champ. I'd answer your question yes, but it's completely anecdotal. From the reports I've read and personal research I've done, my opinion is that yes it's just as reliable as a Volcano if you don't break the center bamboo.
  • bum karacho
    When i have my asthma the vapexhale with waterfilter is my daily driver.
    Smoothest vape i have!
    I absolut dislike the nail function with concentrate. Its not tasty and bad for the bamboo!
  • Baron23
    About 3 years of pretty constant use.

I had an electronic failure (just wouldn't turn on) within a month or so. Sent it back for warranty repair and its been flawless ever since.

As far as being as reliable as a Volcano...dunno, but have you ever seen the inside of a 'Cano? Very robust construction including use of pretty heavy duty crimp on lugs for power, etc.

With that said, however, I don't consider my EVO at all temperamental or delicate. Just don't drop the sucker onto a hard and break the bamboo and you will be fine, I should think.
  • reckoner
    Just curious - what happens if the bamboo cracks? Can it be repaired or would you need to buy a new unit?
  • Baron23
    Send it back to them. Used to be $75 for a bamboo change out....maybe a bit more now?

Matter of fact, you may well want to read this whole page:

https://www.xhl3.com/pages/warranty-information
  • lazylathe

Second owner of this EVO and still going strong about 4 years later.
    My Indiegogo EVO is still alive and going strong as well.
    My original one had an issue when it arrived, it was set too cold as quite a few units were in that initial batch, sent it back for repair.
    When it arrived it did not work, no power.
    I opened it up and found one of the power wires was not pushed back on.
    After I fixed it, it never gave a single issue.

Never broken the bamboo, am super careful around my glass.
  • reckoner
    thanks for the info - nice to know repair is an option.

This unit is definitely on my shortlist of future acquisitions. I’m starting to realize how much I enjoy using glass. I’ve always admired the design of the EVO and it seems to have stood the test of time.
  • Baron23
    it is a great, hard hitting, vape.

If you get one, I’m confident you will love it’s performance.
  • lazylathe

It certainly has stood the test of time and gone through a few iterations to get to where they are today!
    I started with a Cloud, then a Cloud+, then one of the first batch of Indiegogo campaign units and now a 2nd hand one from a member here.
    Mine is strictly used for flower as I do not have the tubes nor do I really care for concentrates, just not my thing.
    It's a beast of an all-rounder vape!
  • Tdog420
    My evo (used) arrives tomorrow w a hydra tube. Iam super excited to give it a try. I have been eyeing one for awhile.
  • Ryder Reymond
    Lemme give some pros and cons of VapeXhale Cloud EVO
    Pros:
    • Hardest-hitting vape of all times
    • Amazing vapor quality (because of glass air-path and Hydratube)
    • Very safe glass design and air-path fully separated from electronics
    • Well suited for solo-use, produces great vapor with only 0.1 grams
    • Very consistent in its performance, will always and easily produce monster clouds, no special techniques involved
    • Works really well with concentrates (with the VapeXNail attachment)
    Cons:
    • Long heat-up time
    • Not very precise temperature control (an analog dial without any temperature pointers)
    • Not the best party-vaporizer because of its delicate glass parts
    • Not the most sturdy vaporizer in general, you really don't want to drop your EVO on the ground
    • Pricey. One of the most expensive vaporizers
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    my bamboo broke and im too broke to replace it, maybe its just the way its broken, but the only noticabke difference for me is the draw is wayyyyyy more opened up. Other then that it which isnt a huge deal it vapes the same.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    25uchru6j3hg5q3l.png
    Dabbing it out with the evo today!
  • Dr green thumb
    Is it one hit per elb?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    depending on how you pack and hit it, it could be.
    I find when i pack a little bit in (cant define it further its been awhile) i get anywhere from 3-5 draws the middle has the most impact i find.
    Are you thinking about getting one?
  • MothChewMoth
    A fully loaded ELB (0.2 MAX) will get ME about 6-8 draws if I'm going for flavor (3-4 big draws with clouds at 11a, 3-4 big draws with tapering clouds at 1p). If I'm just trying to crank out a session I turn it up to about 2-2:30p and get 3-4 big draws there. Using the former method, my first 2 big draws are extremely tasty. If you sip more than i do, this lasts longer.
  • Dr green thumb
    b55r4pfr8jaww1zm.jpg

I got this in the mail today. So far I'm very impressed.
  • BestBuds
    I have V.A.S. over a bong type vape. I am between FlowerPot, Evo, and Plenty. :chin:
  • Dr green thumb

Out of the box the evo is so simple to use. No special draw required just load the elb, insert in vape and inhale. Then you enjoy potent tasty clouds. To me this vape is a very welcome addition to my lineup. I have long ago sold my plenty and still have my newvape vapes
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    for myself it was a no brainer, the glass pieces really caught my attention l, i love convection vapes its pretty ultimate as a desktop in my books. The no brainer part was when i realized i could hook up the glass pieces to the hyrdro brick that i was planning on getting first, then i found an evo on kijiji super cheap :monkey:
  • Baron23
    Congrats...I LOVE my EVO and use it more than any other vape.

Its just a great device and as you said, dead simple to use.

I use a Turbine HT with mine but I do have a whip set from them and I guess I really ought to try it sometime. Whips have been sitting unused for three years!! haha
  • MothChewMoth
    I still prefer the HT experience for the Evo over the whip, but that's just me. I've definitely been playing with them more now that the Ditanium and SSV are also in the lineup :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment