@VapeCritic's Oura Dab Rig Review

Attachments
    kandypens-oura (101K)
    oura (153K)
  • Dr green thumb
    How do you clean the air pathway?
    Nice review! :up:
  • Kuzko
    Haven’t needed to yet but I would assume quickly q tip with a little iso then q tip with water for final wash then let dry. ISO might not work though if it affects the pathway material. But it’s a fairly big pathway so should be an easy clean.
  • LabPong
    How do you clean the air pathway?Dr green thumb

My question too......but more specifically.....can you clean the area from the entrance hole (rectangle inlet) into the base and then out to the glass fitting?
  • EconMan
    The general design is similar with the Peak/Carta. I use a strong iso pipe cleaner to clean the "overflow canal", and a swab to clean the deltas. I doubt the Oura is significantly any different.

I clean my Carta/Peak, depending on use, about every other session.
    I think I'm going to pick up an Oura since I at least theoretically prefer this "build style" of atomizer over the absurdities that are Peak/Carta. It isn't just that they burn out, but that they wear out quick -- even if they don't burn out and break, very quickly the atomizers degrade in performance so that I find myself replacing them before they burn out.

Of course, I have to stop buying dabbing appliances.... lol... I buy these things yet 90% of the time is torch and banger for me
  • Justpassedu
    I have 1 : https://www.instagram.com/p/B0W9Blfngci/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link , So far I am enjoying it , the airpath is similar to the Peak as it is a small hole where the glass connects into a rubber fitting and leads to the quartz dish. Unlike the peak the hole is just large enough for me to fit a qtip into for cleaning. I have used iso so far twice with no ill effects , swab that area with some iso and use the other end of qtip to dry after. Unfortunately the rubber fitting is white and getting a bit of staining as I picked the blue color , I had contacted Kandy pens about it who are very helpful and that's how it is on all models except the Black version has a black rubber fitting from what I was told. So just a heads up for anyone looking to purchase. I am enjoying it more than my peak so far. The battery seems to last forever for me , the usb C charging is awesome and the heat up time is like 5 seconds. Perfect for quick dabs . I did not find the ceramic cup to be producing much vapor but the quartz has been working well.
  • Baron23
    very nice review!!

Liked the format, content and pace. Very cool.
  • EconMan

Thanks! Good info that is good to know.
  • Monk Debate
    Has anyone been able to compare this to a Carta?
  • EconMan

What "calls" me about this dabbing appliance is its "coiled" atomizer -- the bane of both the Peak and the Carta are its atomizers -- is of a different schema and I hope it is "FF2 like" in that it won't burnout and/or rapidly degrade with use.

If I had to put a new atomizer in my FF2 every 10-20 dabs, I would hate the thing. I would return even a cheap toaster that burned out after a month. Why should high quality vapes be any different.

And I am starting to resent the Carta and the Peak for that very reason. Indeed I have an entire Peak setup with enhanced glass, etc, and it is boxed unused and lonely for the last month.... why? I'm out of atomizers and still have one new one for the Carta.

Anyway, my primary gripe about the Carta is the tiny bowl size. It is also tiny and cylindrical so it's hard to see what's going on in the bowl. I keep a tiny flashlight near when I use it. I like big dabs and the way it is designed makes it near impossible without high levels of wasted overflow. The Peak (and the Oura I presume) is superior in this regard.
  • Kuzko
    Only time will tell how the Oura atomizers hold up. That’s what I can’t believe either. I see Carta people talking about signing up for subscriptions for Carta to sell them a new atomizer every month. What? It’s a $250 device, you shouldn’t be paying a subscription for it to work each month.
  • Bruce
    How do you keep your vapes charged, battery dies after long time of no charge.
  • Kuzko
    You talking about your Oura? Mines battery lasts forever so far.
  • EconMan
    Only time will tell how the Oura atomizers hold up. That’s what I can’t believe either. I see Carta people talking about signing up for subscriptions for Carta to sell them a new atomizer every month. What? It’s a $250 device, you shouldn’t be paying a subscription for it to work each month.Kuzko

Yeah. In the beginning I was down with it -- bought into the "consumable" argument. But tires on my car are "consumables" and I would not like any car I had to put new tires on every 20th use. Or imagine if your oil had to be changed every hundred miles....... absurd.

There is even a formal economic model for this -- "The Gillette Business Model" where a company gives the cheap shavers away in an effort to sell the expensive blades. Puffco mastered it with vapes, and I bet they made more marginal $ off the atomizers than the units themselves.

On both the Peak and the Carta now, I don't wait for atomizers to burn out. Statistically, well before they burn out, their performance degrades to such an extent the dab tastes bad, wasted oil, etc. :vomit:

How do you keep your vapes charged, battery dies after long time of no chargeBruce

Long time = ?
    All batteries degrade in over time "on the shelf". I have a battery charger and extra batteries for devices with removable batteries, and those that don't I charge and then be sure to turn off (the Peak has NO software initiated inactivity shutdown. If you leave it on overnight, the battery WILL drain.

Regardless, I simply don't have battery problems with any of my electronic vapes I've kept.
  • LabPong
    The Oura
    How do you keep your vapes charged, battery dies after long time of no charge.
    Bruce

Bruce...with any of these Li-ion cells....(like a cell phone)......long term storage is best when the cells have 40-60% charge on them. The cells will hold much longer this way with the least amount of stress on them with no use.
  • EconMan
    with any of these Li-ion cells....(like a cell phone)......long term storage is best when the cells have 40-60% charge on them. The cells will hold much longer this way with the least amount of stress on them with no use.LabPong

Fascinating. On Teslas they make a BIG DEAL about the perils of "fully charging". Even to do it on a Tesla requires a few nag screens of warning. Indeed, Tesla ONLY recommends it when the physics of range mandates it. But they know each time it is done, and although warranty does not give the number of times allowed, overuse can invalidate the warranty.

I'm also told Teslas operate essentially on G43 batteries wired in series.
  • Baron23
    I'm also told Teslas operate essentially on G43 batteries wired in series.EconMan

Yes, huge bank of 18650's.....no magic sauce really in power storage. And when they do blow....they do it rather spectacularly.
  • EconMan
    And when they do blow....they do it rather spectacularly.Baron23

• Baron23
    hahaha...yep, that's the vid I saw also. Wow....just wow.
  • EconMan
    yep, that's the vid I saw also. Wow....just wow.Baron23

And not just the "exploding" batteries but the rain down of molten copper and the like, it's reminiscent of phosphorous artillery round.

Imagine a big glob of molten metal falling on your head or flying into your eye :gasp:

It is also why I don't use cheap ass batteries for carts. Remember that guy who died via carotid artery severing when his mod/battery exploded sending metal parts into his neck :scream:
  • VapeCritic
    They didnt pay for this review

• Justpassedu
    Look's like Oura Win's
  • Dr green thumb

What a waste of concentrate. Did she even inhale? At least the second girl took better hits.

The oura looked to perform better and easier to use.
  • EconMan
    My business partner's wife is a "puffer" and she doesn't take full hits..... she loads her Carta/Peak, then puffs it, sets it down, as oil goes wasted and just left burning..... drives me crazy..... why I don't know... not my oil.
  • 420vapezone

That's probably the most objective and unbiased content I've seen from her
  • Justpassedu
    That 5 second heat up time on the Oura is great. Been enjoying mine and not looking back at my Peak for that alone. Battery life has been A+ also on it. Being in a non legal state I definitely do not like to waste my dabs. I try not to take huge hits and go for minimal waste. Well maybe sometimes I take big ones but this vape has been treating me nice. I hope the atomizer lasts a long time.
  • EconMan
    That's probably the most objective and unbiased content I've seen from her420vapezone

It's the first time I've ever seen her. I suspect the last too. :nerd:

I hope the atomizer lasts a long time.Justpassedu

Cool. For me, if it tokes equally as well as Carta/Peak but the atomizer lasts a long time (like on my FF2) I'll want one. Atomizer failure and degregationis the prime negatives of both Carta and the Peak.
  • LabPong
    What a waste of concentrate. Did she even inhale? At least the second girl took better hits.Dr green thumb

No doubt....young people......geesh

The second girl need to stop inhaling anything....stick to edibles. I would not want anyone to see me hack and cough like that in a product review.....fail! lol
  • Baron23
    They didnt pay for this reviewVapeCritic

Good thing! haha

I have to say that I believe that the second girl thinks that her little tongue and nipple rub are sexy, but found it all rather cheap and repulsive myself.

I'm with @econman .....probably won't be watching these reviewers very much.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment