• Kuzko
    Tough crowd. To each their own but good to get more videos of this unit out there. I messaged a company on Instagram that builds Peak atomizers to see if they would build a custom Oura atomizer but they said since KandyPens has the lifetime warranty on atomizers that it wouldnt make sense for them to fix or rebuild them.
  • LabPong
    This vape is quite tempting I must admit. Who here has been using it but haven't given feedback yet? Sure seems like a solid piece of hardware.

Econ....hurry up and get this thing already....rock it out for 5 days and report back......will it keep you from reaching your FF2...........or other gooey stuff vaping utensils? :chin:
  • EconMan

Yeah, I want to try it. The large bowl but mostly LIFETIME warranty including the atomizer.

The absolute bane of both the Carta and the Peak are the "ceramic wire" atomizers that quite simply are not very robust AND are most fragile. The variance on their mean-time-to-failure is so huge -- some last an hour and others last a month! -- my business partner and I bought two replacement atomizers when we got our Cartas. His burned out in one day (two users, him and his wife). Mine lasted 3 weeks before its performance began to noticeably deteriorate.

My FF2 gets used ALL THE TIME and its atomizer has never burned out nor has noticeably degraded. The Oura's seem to be of a different sort (although I'm ignorant of the specific of engineering of this?), and if they have solved the atomizer issue, AND it vapes well as folks have said it does, then this will be a new leader.
  • LabPong
    My FF2 gets used ALL THE TIME and its atomizer has never burned out nor has noticeably degraded. The Oura's seem to be of a different sort (although I'm ignorant of the specific of engineering of this?), and if they have solved the atomizer issue, AND it vapes well as folks have said it does, then this will be a new leader.EconMan

Yea....I enjoy the build of the heating element in the FF2.....I do not expect to see it ever go bad.

Ora.....the element is like the Crystal I have. It is also built to last, though I got a spare cup and element to be safe. The Oura is the same but slightly bigger on the coil....not sure about the other parts below the element though. But I would get an Oura over the wimpy built heaters of the Carta and Peak.
  • EconMan
    Yea....I enjoy the build of the heating element in the FF2.....I do not expect to see it ever go bad.LabPong

I don't know how it even could? Seems like a lot of current would have to be passed through it - more than the battery could supply. The coil has thicker wire than my toaster! lol :nerd:
  • Gman
    Has everyone forgot about the issues with this company? Just a reminder in the past they have been super shaddy.

Glue scandal... this was huge, they lied, got caught, lied again.
    Stolen CC .. this happened more than once...
    DOXing customers.. this was no purpose...
  • LabPong
    Gman....do you think any of those things are still happening today? I mean they do have some vapes still they are selling that have been around for a while.....but have you heard about anything with glue/adhesives with anything in the past year or two?

The other issues with CC's and customers/service......hopefully that has radically changed as those issues are not acceptable for any business.

I am not that familiar with the company....and only have limited info on build besides what I see with my Crystal. But the Oura looks like it is built well.......maybe a PIU tear-down will shed more light on that?
  • 420vapezone
    I've had a lot of private comments about Kandypens reputation and how the Oura simply CANNOT be good due to Kandypens past.

Shitty reputation is a great reason to be extra skeptical, but I also think these brands are more than capable of fixing their problems and doing a better job.

Sometimes the enthusiast community puts more energy into holding onto reputations than objectively analyzing products and situations. It's not a good human quality.
  • Kuzko
    Nice review video by Troy on YouTube !
  • LabPong
    Sometimes the enthusiast community puts more energy into holding onto reputations than objectively analyzing products and situations. It's not a good human quality.420vapezone

+++ :ok:
  • Baron23
    @420vapezone - really nice review, Troy. Seems like hot start dab worked a bit better, yeah?

Also, comparison of the three will be very popular, I think. Look forward to it.
  • 420vapezone
    yeah the hot starts work better for me on the Oura. Sometimes cold loading is frustrating with batters and sauces. Plus the vapor is a lot more full and complex because the quartz is fully to temp
  • Dr green thumb
    I'd have to say kandy pens warranty on the oura speaks to how confident they are in their product. Now it's up to the other companies to step up atomizer quality.
  • EconMan
    Seems like hot start dab worked a bit better, yeah?Baron23

IMO, certainly true for the Carta and Peak.

Glue scandal... this was huge, they lied, got caught, lied again.
    Stolen CC .. this happened more than once...
    DOXing customers.. this was no purpose...
    Gman

Was unaware of all of this. :gasp:

I'd have to say kandy pens warranty on the oura speaks to how confident they are in their product. Now it's up to the other companies to step up atomizer quality.Dr green thumb

I used to think the same thing until I started a payments company and started pondering "underwriting". "Lifetime warranties" are negative flags to merchant bankers in most situations -- it both smells of desperation AND is significantly correlated data-wise with "failed businesses" in general. If Kandy hired a dude like me to calculate the "expected cost" of the lifetime warrantee, and they factored that extra cost into their price/margins, then everything is fine. But if they get a 30% return rate, then company is over.

So yeah, which one is it ? Confident or desperate company ?

I don't even know how big they are? Bigger than Puffco?
  • Gman
    Maybe you should read up on the actual scandals around Kandy pens before saying something so ignorant. Sure, they are capable of fixing those issues, but they should never have happened in the first place. They got caught in multiple lies, multiple times... To put it off as
    "Sometimes the enthusiast community puts more energy into holding onto reputations than objectively analyzing products and situations. It's not a good human quality. " Is a fucking stupid thing to say to people that got burned by them.

I can't believe how quickly you guys FORGET the shit this company did. It would be like Bud hooking back up with source vapes after what they did. They purposely DOXed their customers that were writing bad reviews. That was the least morally corrupt thing they did... the least..

Pretty embarrassed by my brethren sometimes. :( Come on guys.. wake up
  • 420vapezone
    Sorry if my philosophy of moving on offended you man.
    I've read all the FC threads. I agree there's some shitty stuff.
    I'm not saying the reputation isn't worthy of being skeptical.
  • Gman
    There's nothing wrong with moving on with family and friends, but with companies that had no punishment or recourse for their actions the only punishment is consumers not buying their products. Moving on means they will never learn and continue to try to get away with shaddy stuff. Having a blanket care free philosophy is great when no one is doing you wrong...

Lots of companies make mistakes, but they don't try to hide it, lie, try to hide it again. Then repeat doing shaddy things over and over. This is one of those companies if there ever was one.
  • VapeCritic
    KP is fine give it a rest, every time you bring this shit up again you're just implying you don't trust me either and noone should, you dont deal with enough vape companies to know what youre talking about, i know them all.
  • Gman
    You knew source too, no? Why is it only when they f you over that it's worth being an issue? What if one of your friends was wronged by a company, would you do anything or just keep on trucking like you do? Whatever, we know how closely tied you are to them so I'll leave it be, I just hope they did fix all their issues and will not re-offend.
  • Justpassedu
    I had my 1st atomizer issue Friday with the Oura. I did my 1st deep cleaning , swabbed everything with qtips and iso and for some reason the atomizer would start heating and follow up quickly with 3 red blinks and shut down. I sent a quick message to kandypens support email , in about 30 minutes time I got a generic email response back that they would get back to me and in that email was a support phone #. I decided to call , got someone right away on the phone , went through a quick few trouble shooting steps and they determined they would be sending me a new atomizer asap via mail and stated it had the lifetime warranty. In about 1-2 hours time I got my tracking for it. So i decided over the weekend to mess with the broken atomizer a bit , pulled the coils upward a bit , pushed them down . It started working again lol I don't know how , I don't know if it will last so I'm happy to be getting a replacement but can vouch they did right by me .
  • Gman
    And for the record, I have no idea how well built the device is, so I'm in no way knocking the Oura. Time will tell if the warranty is good.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    kandy pens customer service has always amazed me!!
  • Gman
    It's very possible they have cleaned up their act. I'm hoping for the best anyway. I want lots of competition in the market for these devices so they all get better because they all have flaws.
  • LabPong
    It's very possible they have cleaned up their act. I'm hoping for the best anyway. I want lots of competition in the market for these devices so they all get better because they all have flaws.Gman

For sure...this type of vape has a bright future I think.

Gman....I understand the Peak and Carta fairly good....but what about the Oura do you feel is flawed in design or build?
  • Gman
    no changeable batteries or Temps. Those are big ones for me.
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    no changeable batteries or Temps. Those are big ones for me.
    Gman

Ahhhhhh I didn't know it functions just like the Crystal .....they def need to change that. This is one thing that will hold me back on this one then....just like a Solo.... I do not think there is any reason why they can not design it with replaceable cells. I would not mind seeing a design with 2 18650's and heat settings in small increments...heck even if they did every 10F for a choice would work well.
  • JonnyFrontrow
    I would not mind seeing a design with 2 18650's and heat settings in small increments...heck even if they did every 10F for a choice would work well.LabPong

Curious - is there a reason Peak/Carta/Oura do NOT have adjustable temps (tho Carta can sorta with the app - that doesn't seem to work well yet)? Too hard to include on the chip board in the unit? Cost (but at those prices you'd expect it since it's available on dry herb vapes at half the price)? Why?
  • Gman
    The carta app works great if you can get a phone that will load it and a base that will link up.. the real issue is every atomizer works very differently so you just don't know until you use it, then dial in the temps for that atomizer. It also has changeable batteries but they are dual 18350's, not 650's so they don't last as long but you can bring another pair and it charges quick and has pass through.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment