• EconMan
    Yeah, if the Oura works merely as well as the Peak/Carta while having solved the "disposable" atomizer issue, it is an achievement and they will get my business.

It is a mild hassle managing atomizer logistics. It is why I haven't used my Peak lately -- because I had Carta atomizers in stock but no Peaks. Also, BOTH device's OEM glass sucks to people who hate water in their mouth, so if the Ora solves this problem it becomes a value.
  • EconMan

Troy, my business partner who has never seen a vid of yours, watched this one and when you got to the "torch and banger" comparison, he said.... "He just bought instant credibility with me". He's a hard nut to impress :cool:
  • Baron23
    @420vapezone - Hi Troy, just rewatched your review vid of the KP Oura....again, very nice review, enjoyable to watch.

One thought I have about all of these AIO dab rigs is the single button....same beef I have with Ghost and the MV1. Switches do not cost that much....soI think it would be really nice to not have to remember the frakin sequence for on, off, temp adjustment, battery level, etc.

A bit more in the way of controls and a bit more of a display would be appreciated by at least me.

For example, why should I have to memorize the color sequence of the temps....along with a handful of other devices I own, all of which have different color schemes for temp. Jut put four different color LEDs in a vertical line...cooler to hotter from bottom to top....and I can easily see which setting I'm on and its relationship to the other temps (oh, look....I'm one down from the hottest).

I know these guys are pen manf and that's what they have given us...a frakin pen type implementation when they have so much more room on the device to work with.

I just find that whole single button for multiple functions to be....well, just a PIA.

Cheers
  • bulllee
    Glad to hear I'm not alone. LOL. Drives me bonkers Click this 5 times or is it 3 ? :rofl: :lol: :joke:
  • LabPong
    I just find that whole single button for multiple functions to be....well, just a PIA.Baron23

That was always my biggest grip with the MV1......probably the vape with the biggest need for year 2000+ electronic controls....... :wink:
  • Zep4
    Attach it to a charger and plug it in to an electrical outlet. :yikes:
    The Carta does have temp control and 4 leds to show the different temp levels. Only gripe I had with it is there is no approved iOS App Store app for it so it has to be “side loaded” which I must be completely incompetent as I tried three different times on two machines and couldn’t get it to work. They also just came out with an “everlast” atty that I believe has a lifetime warranty. I just think the app should have been submitted and approved by apple and available for normal download WITH the everlast atty from the get go. I feel the app is needed as mine would have been perfect somewhere between level 1 and 2 with the material I was using. I sold mine with intentions of getting another one in black when all this was behind them but bought a Dcup and just don’t really “need” a portable, when I do a ff2 with trate pad gets the call.
  • Gman
    I feel your pain, I just had multiple atty's so I was able to find the one that worked ok on level 1 and then finish off the dab on level 2. But without the app it's only pro against these others is the batteries.

I guess that’s another way around it I never thought of, lol. Glad you got it where you like it. It’s a great vape otherwise, even though it might come out that I dislike it. I’m sure it’s killer with a working android device.
  • LabPong
    but bought a Dcup and just don’t really “need” a portable, when I do a FF2 with trate pad gets the call.52

well now.....someone is living large! :strong: :fire:
  • LabPong
    How are all the Oura users doing still...........?
  • EconMan
    How are all the Oura users doing still...........?LabPong

I'm trying out the ROK right now and I *think* it utilizes the same style atomizer?...... if so then I'm interested as the ROK is one of those products that the first 75% of its design seems just awesomeness, and then as if another less capable person took over, or they ran out of development money, they just dropped the ball on some absolute basics. But I do like its atomizer very much. It solves reliability, sturdiness, and virtually eliminates "overflow".

I'll do a separate dedicated review of the ROK as a device after I've had some time to make sure what I love and hate about it is indeed what I love and hate. I do believe there is a market for it. I'm just not in it. :nerd:
  • LabPong
    I'm trying out the ROK right now and I *think* it utilizes the same style atomizer?.EconMan

I am wondering what metal the airpath tubes are made from? SS....TI?
  • EconMan
    I am wondering what metal the airpath tubes are made from?LabPong

Stainless.
  • Kuzko
    My Oura is still rocking. Not my daily driver but I go for it often for big dab rips.
  • LabPong
    My Oura is still rocking. Not my daily driver but I go for it often for big dab rips.Kuzko

Good to hear this.....was wondering as there is not much talk here on them.
  • Kuzko
    They certainly don’t seem to be as popular as similar devices. Might be some people have a problem with KandyPens or just not good marketing. They were the last of the big 3 of these devices to drop. I mentioned the Oura to someone recently and after they looked it up they said it’s in a bunch of rappers videos. Not sure where they were looking. Lol.
  • EconMan
    My Oura is still rocking. Not my daily driver but I go for it often for big dab rips.Kuzko

Good to know.

What is the battery life roughly. It can be use and charged, am I correct?
  • Kuzko
    Battery life is great. I haven’t done a test to see exactly how long it lasts but I barely ever have to charge it. I’ve used it once while charging so yes, it does do pass through charging.
  • EconMan
    They certainly don’t seem to be as popular as similar devices. Might be some people have a problem with KandyPens or just not good marketing.Kuzko

@Baron23 commented weeks ago how much he hated their product photography (can't even see the glass of the globes), and their website doesn't really make you eager to checkout.

If word gets out they work well (you seem to think they do) then I would suspect demand to fire up quickly. I'll be getting one. And with VapeCritic's code, it's a new cheaper price point -- 25% off.
  • Kuzko
    True, I was bummed I didn’t wait for Labor Day weekend to get mine. I got an email from KandyPens they were doing 40% off for Labor Day. The 25% discount is really good anyways though.
  • androponic
    They did do 40% off on Labor Day but you did not miss out since it specified "not applicable for Oura products." Eventually they will so I am waiting, maybe Black Friday...
  • EconMan

I got that too. Don’t be too bummed. Go back to it and look toward the bottom and very fine print. It specifically excludes the Oura from the discount.

Sneaky devils
  • Kuzko
    Ahh, I see. I knew it sounded too good to be true.
  • EconMan

That was the price point that had me going to pull the trigger with no analysis. lol
  • Justpassedu
    If it count's I am still enjoying my Oura allot and have it pretty dialed in to my liking so far. I mostly use the red temp and pre-heat the insert for about 12 seconds to get those thick vapor hits. If I want a smoother hit with not as much clouds I'll start at the 5 second mark or just pre-load the insert. I did have 1 wonky atomizer that just wouldn't work after cleaning , Kandy pens immediately sent a new 1 and I was up and running again in 2 days and they did not charge for it. They considered it warranty but miraculously my original 1 started working again out of nowhere. I'd say the only issue besides that I had and its not really a issue actually is I went to try the blue setting considered the highest temp and it was not working but every other temp did. Well it turns out my battery was just low and its some sort of fail safe that when the battery gets really low the highest temp may not work but after a charge all is well again. Quick video with my crushed Opal Bubble cap I had made for it : https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RSb8nnYio/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  • EconMan

Thank you for this. :100:
    This is going to be my next purchase. Next e-dab rig MUST have a different form of atomizer -- like the Oura..... If it works anything like the ROK's (looks very similar) I will be impressed.

Vid.

Love it. Cool custom carb cap, and is that colored/flavored water, or just the lighting.

Regardless, it looks attractive. :love:
  • Justpassedu
    You are very welcome. I think you will enjoy this one. The atomizer has been great so far coming from a Peak as my portable E dab rig. So happy to not have to keep replacing those. Cleaning has been a bit easier also as I don't get a ton of splash back or reclaim below the dish like I did with my Peak. Not sure what the ROK is ? Ty on the carb cap comment also , I am loving it. The water I am using has about 2-3 drops of cranberry extract in it. It has been a life saver with helping my glass stay clean. You put a few drops and it really helps allot to not have the reclaim stick to the glass. I use it on my flower rigs also sometimes when I can remember I have it. Highly recommend it to anyone using glass.
  • EconMan
    The water I am using has about 2-3 drops of cranberry extract in it.Justpassedu

I must try this as cranberry juice, along with cherry juice, is a staple part of my diet. :love:

I'm sure I'll get an Oura. I'm also re-intrigued now with the Dr. Dabber switch.... many seem to like it after-all. It left my radar somehow since so few talk about it here.

The ROK is a dab device with an atomizer a lot like the Oura's... It is like a regular bong with the water on the bottom. I was disappointed in a few of its other attributes. A device that could have been awesome but was merely adequate.
  • Justpassedu
    Oh the Pulsar Rok , I see and have seen those around. I never tried one though and honestly they look somewhat cheap to me , with a small dish size also , please take no offense as it may actually work well but I have no clue. Yes definitely try some cranberry extract or juice may work also , even the cherry. It works . The Dr Dabber switch has always been on my radar , I never got one for some reason , maybe the size of it is what drew me away the most but they seem really cool.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment