• JMH
    Hello everyone, I’m going to invest in my first mod for a Custom Z I’m getting. I don’t have a lot of experience with mods at all. My Standard Z that I already have came with a Reuleaux RXGen3, I’m wanting a better mod than this. Looking for a high end mod that works best with the Z! I want a mod for the Custom Z so both my Z’s will have a mod ready to go. Thanks for your time

• SouthboundPachyderm
    google dna mods, there are multiple models/makers, but its the dna chip your after, so if its dna you should be doing alright.
  • JMH
    Alright cool thank you
  • upside
    Would a P80 work with the Splinter?
  • Dr green thumb
    yes it does. It works for both the splinter and splinter z.
  • VoidOfCourse
    Speaking of DNA mods, check this out my friends! :smile:
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/5783/timber-5-1-0-by-vapwood-wooden-dna75c-chip-mod
    This puppy is being hand crafted by @Bravesst out of wood and has the DNA75C chip! :strong:
  • Mr White
    My personal favorite is any mod that has the DNA 60 in it
  • Mr White
    the p80 really isn't the best mod only because the battery life sucks it's not a very efficient mod. That was the first mod that I bought to use with my stempod SI but soon realized the battery life was nowhere near what I needed and found a DNA 60 board mod
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @upside I have a P80, and using a setup recommended by a friend, it works well with the splinter and Z but would agree with @Mr White that battery life is not great.
  • JMH
    is there a dna mod that anyone recommends?
  • upside
    Thanks @Mr White and @The Rogue Wax Works. I only ask because I have a spare P80 for my G43 and it might be nice to give it a purpose. But then again, I can only use so many vapes in a day.
  • Dr green thumb
    my splinter v1 is run on tcr on the p80 mod. My battery life is over an hour and when it gets low I just pop a nice fresh battery in and continue.

I also use a realoux gen 3 dual tri 18650 mod but the battery life isnt any greater than if I used three batteries in the p80
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @upside just in case you decide to use it these are the settings that were suggested for me and I have mine dedicated to RBT. I also remeber changing the fire time to 25 seconds. Its way better than stock and apperantly there are even better setups. But I'm BM dumb so this was good enough for now.

@Dr green thumb thoughts on my settings?

7oxf7uwnpe5y2uqz.jpg
    defrle3yuczys1ec.jpg
    l70pu1k4ashyos9o.jpg
  • Dr green thumb

Those settings look correct for the Z when I had my Z but I was set at 395f
  • PAM
    @JMH
    I have a sbody macro II DNA 75 , it’s the cheapest DNA mod I could find at the time , around $48 while on sale on fasttech .

I also have a LB Elite , it does have the DNA 75C (colour display) , same board as the Timber 510 mod box that @VoidOfCourse mentioned above . The prototype photo is just that, lol, basically a piece of timber, I know @Bravesst will refine it as smooth and finely hand crafted as the LB Elite and other Vapwood products are . No doubt it will work with all dry herb attachments , and definitely a considerable choice for wood lovers wanting a mod box in a matching or not wood selections . You could match your mod with your splinter or it’s stem if using a wooden one.. handcrafted , wood, proven DNA board , one stop one time mod box purchase coming from someone who bakes eeed as you do, all advances are there .

I’ve only experimented with those 2 mod boards, true , I can’t comment on other options m, I do know from experience , and my lungs aren’t small, the DNA boards work, work good, gets the job done , are easy to operate and other vapers use it just like any other mods therefore you’re not stuck if having questions or needing help .

If really wanting a DNA and on a budget , definitely consider the Macro II . I do not know of any cheaper , not discontinued , mod boxes on the market .
  • danielblakes
    i enjoy my joyetech espion and they are relatively cheap now.
    any dna mod as mentioned above will work well with TC thus with only real things to consider are battery options (the Espion takes dual 18650s) and look/feel! I picked it for the color display and heavy metal feel of the device. i recommend aftermarket firmware (articfox/redpanda) if you have the ability :)

In a perfect world I'd want a version that fits 21700s but for 30-40 bucks beggars like me cant be choosers.
  • JMH
    awesome thanks for all the great info. I might pick up a timber 510 when it comes out, any price range for it yet? Also I’ll check out macro ll dna 75c. I’m not really on a budget just wanting a badass mod for my Custom Z haha. Thanks for responding
  • PAM
    you Are welcome @JMH

Here is a quick 1 take video shot this morning of the sbody DNA75 mod in action. The vaping starts at about 2mins in..

• JMH
    great video! Ima check out that mod rn while I have time, that vaporizer looks cool too I thought it was a splinter at first.
  • VoidOfCourse
    Yes, that pic in the Timber 5 1 0 thread is his first unfinished prototype.
    Last time I spent time trying to get the perfect pics and writing my own comprehensive review/description for a thread I intended to start some handsome devil :wink: beat me to the punch at the last second. Lol :smile:

I presume that it will look like the bottom half of a Timber Elite when refined and finished.
    IMG-2438.jpg
    IMG-2437.jpgIMG-2439.jpg
    These are pics (copied from another forum) of a prototype of the Timber Elite (P3) as well but much further into the refinement process.
  • PAM
    @VoidOfCourse :naughty: moi ? :lol: Dude, I love the scenic nature locations you vape at, keep them photos coming , :100: :starstruck:

You are correct that the DNA Timber Mod should look like the the bottom half of the Timber Elite. Wonder (I would think ) it will be available in Blend as well like other Vapwood vapes
  • Mr White
    FYI the battery life on the dna 60 board is better than on the dna 75 or 75c. The dna60 just has better efficiency.
  • VoidOfCourse
    Excellent post my friend! I'll have to give these settings a go on my P80 with my Splinter and or Splinter Z :smile:

What kind of Splinter are you rocking if you don't mind me asking?
  • VoidOfCourse
    IMG-2462.jpg dialed it in for my Lacewood four hole Splinter quickly with good results after inputting your current settings for a change of pace on the P80, thanks bro.

Edit: I wanted to add for the thread that I personally much prefer and reach for "button press" fire action mods over the "panel squeeze" fire action of the P80.
  • MunicipalBlack
    I have my Splinter Z on a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C. Lost Vape makes a 3 battery version that's really nice as well called the Triade. I like that I can switch out the side panels on my mod (wood and black carbon fiber) and there are a few other color options available as well. The ability to use a custom graphic is pretty cool too if you like to tinker. Then of course the best part, the DNA chip itself.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @VoidOfCourse cool. I use those settings on both a V and Z. Cant take any credit for them though.
  • VoidOfCourse

Bro....

I just finally got around to watching this and I'm super impressed!!!!
    This video is really really good!!

Wow, not only is that a completely beautiful vape but your getting effortless clouds in seconds of firing at only 35 watts!
    The evenness of roasting and seemingly complete lack of hot spotting without even stirring completely seals the VAS for me and my VAS list grows plus one tonight. +1

Really like the fact that you showcased the tube in-between hits! You're composing yourself fantastically with a real good vibe! The automatic focus adjustment lighting changes a bit drastically on that cam when there's "significant" movement in IMHO maybe it can be adjusted or worked around if that makes any sense. You're getting better every video IMO! Keep the videos going, man!

Congrats on snagging such an amazing of piece made of some of gorgeous Purpleheart!!!
  • PAM
    @VoidOfCourse I always love reading your posts lol

Beautiful, effortless, evenness , yes Sir ! Word up !

It’s probably my finest vape, wish Alan was on this forum to hear it . I did share the video on FC in IHeat thread but I didn’t ad any words to the post , I guess people didn’t clue in it was a iHeat specific vid , lol

Ah! I had noticed the lighting change in the video , it’s exokained by the auto focus you say , yeah I’ll look in my settings maybe . Please do keep in mind I do these video in hopes it Might help one or a few , in no way do I think I’m a real vaporizer reviewer or the True Vape Critic , hahah! :rofl: I mean, unless someone was to equip me with camera gear and vapes to review , I’d be more then happy .

When i started vaping I couldn’t find much videos for the HI log , I myself prefer watching average guys like me vape and share rather then watching “reviewers” and I told myself i’d Step up and do some for others who might search for a HI log video or LB video or whatever. If I could afford more vapes I’d do a lot more .

I will do another iHeat video in time and a few LB Elite vids. Heck I’ll try to fork one out just now . It might be Void Of Course .

Anyways I’m medicated and blabbing...
    vape on ! Thank you for your kind words !
  • VoidOfCourse
    Cool cool.
    You're welcome, bro. Best of luck to you.
  • PAM
    @VoidOfCourse mission complete , Lb Elite Video uploading .. stay tuned
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube