The dental tool heaters work great...until they don’t or until you try one of Pipes, Fluxer Delux or Lucid(I imagine as I haven’t actually tried a Lucid).
  • EconMan
    But I would not compare those dental heaters to all the ones people are making in their homes with parts sourced from china and other places.LabPong

Are you saying the other ones don't use parts sourced from china ? I think they all do. I doubt it is even possible to make one with only american-made parts -- not sure they even exist?
    Regardless, I see no evidence the so called dental heaters are any higher quality than those custom ones being offered by folks from their garage? Hell, the quality is probably better.

My dentist is also my business partner's brother, and a client, so I know him well. I asked him. His heater is indeed an Induction (not infrared). Bought from a dental supply for about $125. Says "made in china" on the bottom. It is UL certified. He says IR for dental work is hit and miss..... Induction heats the instruments from the inside out and therefore he says works faster and better.
  • LabPong
    Are you saying the other ones don't use parts sourced from china ?EconMan

Oh...sorry...I should of went into further detail.....I am alluding to those that "piece together" various parts to make them. The ones that were selling the basic cheap modals in some blingy box for +100$. Those whom have little electrical engineering experience or ability. Which is why I stick with Pipes stuff. But I would totally use that Apollo one as they seem solid in design.
  • Mr White
    Look what just showed up its on now. This Is going to have me loving my dynavap Finally.kqg3lb59avbqnja7.jpg
    No more need for butane!!!
  • martinstraka8282
    That is very nice looking. I like it!
  • Bad Dog
    I'm jealous

I can assure you that the Chinese dental wax tool heaters are no where near as good as a Fluxer Deluxe or a Portside Mini. I have had all three and the Fluxer and PSM are top notch, dental heater not so much, had two crap out. Maybe actual dentists use a higher quality one, lol.
  • Ivan van Ogre
    My Dream Induction Heater.

Have a 3-way switch for Low,Medium and High.

Low: Pinene 311F, THC 315F, Caryophyllene 320F
    Medium: Myrcene 334F, CBD 356F
    High: Linalool 388F, Terpineol 424F

(If there are more accurate temps for these terps then please plug those numbers in.)

If you set the temperatures at 330F, 370F and 440F you could have three separate entourage experiences, and with a high temp of 440F you'd be free of any combustion concerns and you'd know that nothing was being wasted.

In my experience with the Pax Era the cart will start out strong on each temperature level vaporwise and trail off until nothing is produced at that temperature anymore. But the moment you move up to the next temperature level the vapor blooms again and the cycle starts over. I believe this device could work the same way.

It’s simplicity itself.

Turn the device on at the beginning of your vape session. Put your DynaVap in the heating chamber. Switch it to Low. When you hear the Click! either pluck it out right away or wait a little longer. Once the vapor trails off and stops being produced move up to Medium, and once High is all used up dump and reload.

It can’t get much simpler.
  • Pud
    it won’t click because the cap can only be made to “go off” and click at one temperature. So you will wait but the temp will not get the cap to click. And it will cool down very fast because you have to pull it out to draw the vapor. Don’t think it can work the way you want. Just get a pen that has the battery and heat built into device so you can keep the heat as you draw the vapor. That is what you describe.

If you want a dynavap hotter you let it keep heating past the click. Whether by flame or induction heater, It’s not rocket surgery.
  • martinstraka8282
    This.

Want it cooler, pull it early.

In the middle, pull it at the click.

Want it extra toasty, wait a bit past the click.

Personally, I agree with Baron23. Temp stepping is overrated and has not been something I've been able to legitimize through my own very unscientific testing.
  • Pud
    Hahahaa! Good luck getting those very specific temps he’s looking for... will never happen...
    wrong device
  • Bud
    Looks and feels nice :ok:

zjfj55hgfjqlhec8.jpg
    yy4xows9xcnxh5mz.jpg

You know what the gloves mean...
  • Trix
    I absolutely love my Apollo!
    Haven’t touched a torch since it arrived.
    cup25ogdo1xilw8e.jpeg
    12 month warranty from Dynavap is awesome if problems ever arise.
  • UbarDog
    Looks and feels nice :ok:VapeCritic

So Jelly :D
    Looks and feels ? ..... You have owned Pipe's PSM , Pre Dynavap Lucid customs and current Dynavap branded lucid. How does this one compare with heating times and evenly? Please tell more

Just finished my home brew :D Love it and have not torched since either .

20190915-135538.jpg
  • LabPong
    You know what the gloves mean...VapeCritic

What did spill/break now Budjamin? :chin:
  • Alexis
    You know what the gloves mean...VapeCritic

It means you are secretly Darth Vader?? :rofl:

It means he’s makin G’s!!!
  • LabPong
    ↪VapeCritic

It means he’s makin G’s!!!

I thought it was a "clean up in isle Bud" comment...... :joke:
  • Ivan van Ogre
    When DynaVap did the IH video George said something about how their IH would never reach combustion temperature. A combination of working with the click, distance from the heat source, how fast you draw and how tightly it's packed are the variables that will affect it but so long as the heater will not exceed 430F (?) it will not burn?
  • Baron23
    in my experience, the long you leave the VC in the IH the hotter it gets and will def combust if left past the click.
  • LabPong
    When DynaVap did the IH video George said something about how their IH would never reach combustion temperature. A combination of working with the click, distance from the heat source, how fast you draw and how tightly it's packed are the variables that will affect it but so long as the heater will not exceed 430F (?) it will not burn?Ivan van Ogre

The biggest reason people combust is because they do not let the vapcap cool down to the cool off click when they are mid session. If any IH allows you to combust if you have the low temp click..then heat to heat up click....that IH sux!

With my 2.5 years of experience with IH's (pipes jarhead and skeletor).... maybe 5% of the combustion's have been from over heating past the click....and that is normally when the load has been hit a few times and is super dry so combustion is easier.

Always the reason for combustion for me is not hearing or sensing the cool off click. Maybe from way too medicated or exterior noise levels did not allow to hear the click.

But I totally 110% promote the low temp caps as you can control the heat up so much more. You have a bigger buffer from combustion with the low temp caps.

Dynavaps biggest innovations lately have been the low temp caps and BB9 stems....and maybe the dynacoil...though I have no desire to use one.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet