• steph
    thanks
  • Boombastik
    it’s a lucid customs induction heater

uaglmi0ulxh3d0ee.png
  • steph
    good choice I have one plug in version don't know about battery I love it
  • tripertronic
    They need 100 years to "make" lucid custom? Really? Whats with the mug thing they showed us?
  • Mangu
    that’s what I’m thinking...all this time and they just had lucid make a custom for them??? damn....could at least teamed up with Flux
  • steph
    maybe gorge added some tweaks will see live stream august 29 it was a long waiting for subcontract
  • Boombastik

lol, I was thinking bout that last night.
  • Biesas

Exactly my thoughts :roll:

I think they realised that they let the news leak, cause earlier the heater came up in the search and now it doesn't :monkey:
  • Pud
    ...well if these guys can develop an IH while working a full time job and only working at nights and on weekends in their garage, well shame on Dynavap for not being able to do this as their full time job! Can’t believe if someone is doing 1,000 at a time they can’t get the price down and maintain quality.
  • meeemeee
    correct..but they need their cut.
  • LabPong
    I think everyone should understand something they are not thinking about here.

Liability and UL certification. When you run a business....the last thing in this day and age you want is any legal issues or huge insurance costs.

So I see it as Dynavap decided not to be an electronics manufacture after they dabbled in the IH possibility. Ask yourself why there are no UL listed IH's on the markets? All the IH's are from home/black market sources and not credited manufactures/businesses.

Though I was hoping to see Dynavap release their own IH.....I always felt they would not do it because of the type of business they are.
  • upside
    I totally agree. It's baked into their core branding and marketing. Not to mention, the "DynaVap" name itself leaves out the "e" because it's not electronic. Here are other examples from just the homepage:

ALL THE POWER AND PERFORMANCE YOU DEMAND, WITHOUT THE PLUG.

Dynavap’s lineup of vaporizers and aromatizers are crafted to deliver the best flavors and aromas through sleek mechanical designs, unrivaled airflow, and industry leading battery free technology.

NO SMOKE. NO BATTERY. JUST VAPOR.

Simple. Innovative. Battery free.
  • steph
    just watched dynavap induction heater live stream wow it cost more than lucid cust0ms heater and dynavap is still working on one wow
  • LabPong
    just watched dynavap induction heater live stream wow it cost more than lucid cust0ms heater and dynavap is still working on one wowsteph

Yes...the design/tooling and setup are not cheap to make plastic parts like that...someone has to pay for it. Some of other cases are generic types or easy to fabricate in comparison...especially compared on cost.
  • steph
    true that my steel case is simple I love it that way

So your saying the e in vape is for “electronic”?
  • upside
    According to DynaVap, yes.
  • Mr White
    214kqwy2xtjpkna4.jpg
    Got one today hope this is the right screen shot lol
  • Taz
    Same here! Had to jump the hoop on the IH.
    At least there shouldn't be any waiting time! :grin:
  • EconMan

Great point. I've long argued it is against their brand, and to truly embrace the heater, does require somewhat changing it for the reasons you cite. For instance, I personally have no demand for any induction heater. The torch works just fine for me. No complaints. Actually, I don't have any complaints with my Omni. Just a great product as shipped. :heart:
  • Boombastik
    Pass, Sorry. I wouldnt purchase it even if it was the only Induction heater available.
  • John Cocktostone
    I'll get one for the nightstand!
  • EconMan
    Liability and UL certification. When you run a business....the last thing in this day and age you want is any legal issues or huge insurance costs.LabPong

True. Except *if* you run a business you will someday have a legal issue. The trick is to set yourself up so that as such legal issues come up, you have a defense.

There is no actual law in the US that requires UL certification, or for that matter any NRCA (nationally recognized certifying agency). Companies get their products "certified" mostly because their big company customers won't buy them if they are not. If Bank of America offered new vapes for all new deposit customers, they would absolutely require as a condition of buying 10 million units that the product be certified.

A similar thing is going on with Teslas. My insurance company required it be "Tesla Certified" -- and if the certificate isn't processed properly, your rates literally triple. What causes it not to be processed properly? When you do any of your own servicing. :gasp: Tesla hates this, and since the car "phones home" constantly, Tesla knows what you've done to your car. To get your Tesla re-certified costs a minimum of around $750 best I can tell, and of something serious like wreck reconstruction, the recertification can go higher than $10k !! Yes, there are antitrust lawsuit already in play. Teslas argument is we can't accept responsibility the cars won't catch on fire if we let folks do their own work.
  • Terpenetime
    Wall powered... it’s a pass from me
  • tripertronic
    there are plenty..just search for dental induction heater. In the year 2019 this is not a Problem
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    there are plenty..just search for dental induction heater. In the year 2019 this is not a Problem
    tripertronic

Yea I know that. But I would not compare those dental heaters to all the ones people are making in their homes with parts sourced from china and other places. Also, having a successful business with substantial capitol and their lively hood to protect....is not even the same thing. In the sue happy nation we have in the US....I would not want to go that route if I was Dynavap.
  • Chronic Pain
    "Dental Heaters!" OMG! Does this mean I can take my DynaVap with me to my next dentist appointment?
    k3auni5vkx80vwmb.png
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    "Dental Heaters!" OMG! Does this mean I can take my DynaVap with me to my next dentist appointment?
    Chronic Pain

Yes....but get a DDave's dental IH adapter for your vapcap first.....oh...and of course ask your dentist if he is 420 friendly. :ok:
  • LabPong
    I will say....the Apollo is the best looking IH I have seen from them...and all the other "bling bling" IH's out there. And I also think Dynavap did it right and is going to sell a ton of them.
  • BobCat
    The 'dental heaters' are not induction heaters. They are infrared heaters.

Insofar as Dyna's Lucid IH offering: uninspired. Will it come in different skittle colors? :joke:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment