• Dr green thumb

jmrwn2grq1y40af6.jpg

twjlwz7r6ozbfxtz.jpg

3000-5000 carts a day filled that's why they sell for $16 a cart

Or $48,000 to $80,000 a day. Talk about job motivation

Or $17,520,000- $29,200,000 a year
  • Dankpup
    https://www.leafly.com/news/health/vape-pen-lung-disease-advice-consumers

Don’t know if this has been posted anywhere else but they have pics of some of the offending black market carts.
  • Dankpup
    I didn’t want to argue about things I don’t know about, but to turn those plants into thc seems like a lot of work vs just selling flower. Unless you have a massive facility. 16 dollars a cartridge? How much weed needs to be converted to thc oil for a 16 dollars cartridge? What’s the math? Plus the mechanical cart can’t be cheaper then a baggie lol.
  • LabPong
    ↪Dr green thumb
    I didn’t want to argue about things I don’t know about, but to turn those plants into thc seems like a lot of work vs just selling flower. Unless you have a massive facility. 16 dollars a cartridge? How much weed needs to be converted to thc oil for a 16 dollars cartridge? What’s the math? Plus the mechanical cart can’t be cheaper then a baggie lol.
    Dankpup

Yes....no offense...but you have no idea how cart oils are made and the costs....especially if you cheat and use crap like what is used in a $16 cart. Carts are by far the biggest profit item in any dispo......even more then the chinese plastic crap and glass accessories.
  • Dankpup
    yes, but per balckmarket 1 don’t people notice they aren’t getting the “90%THC high”? 2 Is street weed that cheap? Is it a dime bag worth of weed for a cartridge? Cause that wouldn’t even really make sense to produce in the above example of two houses being raided.
  • EconMan
    3000-5000 carts a day filled that's why they sell for $16 a cart
    Or $48,000 to $80,000 a day. Talk about job motivation
    Or $17,520,000- $29,200,000 a year
    Dr green thumb

Fascinating. I'm going to pull a 20% average margin after operating expenses out of my ass, and we have a profit range of:
    3,504,000 -- 5,840,000 :scream:

but to turn those plants into thc seems like a lot of work vs just selling flower.Dankpup

I make my own oils ONLY for personal use -- distillates and bho/pho -- and buying flower heavy in "trim" (my cost ~$800/qlb) as the flower used gets my average net cost down to roughly $35/ml. This does NOT include capital equipment -- ~$3000 used (low volume equipment)

If I applied the margin from @Dr green thumb's data above, 20%, ==> ~$44/ml hence my retail price to be profitable would need to be around $80.

So my conclusion is they ARE diluting their oil with something. And if they are using hydrocarbon methodologies (bho/pho) then PURGING the embedded butane out is critical and IMO do do this with an acceptable level of safety requires THREE DAYS in a vacuum chamber. I go FIVE days. Time is money. Failure to properly purge the butane will have consequences ranging from severe headaches, nausea, dizziness, embolisms, strokes, and and even death. BTW, butane gets you "high". If you suck on a cart with unpurged oil you WILL get high, just not mostly on marijuana.

So logically, if some either evil or stupid fuckhead isn't concerned with vacuuming their oil, I doubt they care much about the quality and safety of what they dilute it with -- whatever is cheaper. Hence, who knows what the fuck is in it. Literally. Could be butanized fish oil.

It pisses me off especially because it affects my business welfare (and you indirectly). Already I sense increased nervousness in banks for the word "vape" in general.... Been on the phone with three bankers just this morning... just when it was getting better. This fuckhead did much more damage than just the direct damage of the carts. He is hurting respectable vape retailers. :angry:

Carts are by far the biggest profit itemLabPong

Yes, this is what my CBD and Cannabis clients tell me. They sell 1ml carts for more than a 1ml vials, and the differential in price is much more than the wholesale price of the cart.
  • Dr green thumb

It is hard for the public to tell the difference between 30%thc and 90%thc

The cart is still stronger than most black market marijuana even at 30%thc.

My friend bought a cart at a bar and the liquid inside moved easily around in the cart instead of being very thick. I told him to throw it out.

@EconMan

As they arent worried about strength or potency I'm guessing the profit margin is closer to 60% than your 30%. Most of his main costs were a one time payment. And buying at least 100,000 carts a month to fill would definitely get the price down.

I'm really liking this business model and he did it with only 10 people. Imagine if this was scaled up to triple that with putting out quality product.
  • Dankpup
    that’s what I was saying! Everyone previously was like “it’s easy to make oil” I thought not easy as and cutting and drying weed and packaging . So it’s profitable compared to selling flower if you aren’t actually giving the product.
    My dispensary sell carts from 50-60$ ,might remember a sale buy 3 and it worked out to 45 each. They sell eights of weed for 50-60 dollars. I don’t know if the profit margins are the same but I would suspect they are close.
    I remember maybe year ago my wife’s cousin who uses black market vape pen coming for a visit and we vaped my dispensary weed, it’s was probably mid 20% thc, she took maybe 3 to 4 vape hits and was astral, had trouble with word retrieval, we wouldn’t let her drive home for 3 hours. So that was my first clue back then these high% thc blackmarket vape carts were bullshit.
  • EconMan

My clients tell me the LEAST margin is on raw flower -- except true Top Shelf primo which is why now there is so much bullshit around marketing of "top shelf primo flower.

The only carts I would buy and use myself are high-end distillates (purest possible) bought direct from the manufacturer itself. i.e. Hence, I am a Stiizy fan for high end distillates.

Everyone previously was like “it’s easy to make oil”Dankpup

It is! That is, poorly made oil. That is what makes it cheap.
    I can make you a gram of oil in 30 minutes with a can of butane and a glass coke bottle. Assuming I don't blow myself up, blind myself with butane in the eyes, or damage to my skin, *you* (not me) can take a hit. :nerd:

Good quality oil requires proper equipment and an extractionist with rational temperament. Good equipment and experienced extractionists are expensive. I *think* that was everyone's main point. Cheap oil can NOT almost by definition be good for you because to get a RETAIL cost down that low requires cutting corners in the supply-chain.
  • Dankpup
    yes my dispensary has labs right next door, they take up some blocks in an industrial park. So it is comforting knowing the product is made right there.
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    yes, but per balckmarket 1 don’t people notice they aren’t getting the “90%THC high”? 2 Is street weed that cheap? Is it a dime bag worth of weed for a cartridge? Cause that wouldn’t even really make sense to produce in the above example of two houses being raided.
    Dankpup

Pup.....there are areas in the US that have so much cannabis produced....it is rotting in warehouses! Much of the blackmarket cart makers....are getting things out of state such as this.
  • Dankpup
    that would make sense
  • EconMan

California is making "lab tests" so onerous it is putting severe pressure on Ma-Pa" cannabis business and labs. Sort of like when amazon *suddenly* wanted sales taxes collected.
    Clients and friends in the business are telling me LabPong is right -- waiting for testing results and then the processing of those results.

I'll say it again, the day is coming when we will be nostalgic for the good ole days of the purely black market.
  • Dankpup
    The black market cart situation reminds me of about 5 years ago, when Kobe beef became a hot term, restaurants would have Kobe sliders on special for 9.99.( I remember specifically arguing with my wife, had to google the going price per oz to prove to her lol) Obviously not Kobe.
    You have to be an educated consumer. I know it’s the least of cdcs etc worries but I wonder if they will test THC percentages, maybe that would be the most effective was to deter people from these carts, “youre totally getting ripped off, just buy actual flower”.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet