• Magicman
    Really the best one is "Magicman's Grasshopper diary".
  • VapeCritic
    I've been usin mine native with the PFE lately, lets me take 3-4 hits before getting too hot for lips

yxw1wiotyuwp1cqa.jpg
  • VapeCritic
    Yes yes I know, be happy I put yours on the list :lol:
  • Magicman
    At last....enlightenment.
  • Magicman
    @VapeCritic
    This brings a teardrop to my eye. You love dope gun now.
  • acstorfer
    You’re like Bloody Mary. Say “Grasshopper” 3 times into a mirror and magicman appears. Or is it more of a beetleguice thing? Did I spell that right? :p :p :p
  • EconMan
    Grasshopper grasshopper grasshopper :nerd:
  • VapeCritic
    Uh oh, is this what happens when a Grasshopper goes tits up? :grimace:

• VapeCritic
    That is my Stainless one
  • Pud
    Reddit says try blowing compressed air through it....??... were you puff puff puffing like magic man instructed??... :rofl:

Grasshopper... Grasshopper!....Grasshopper!!!
  • Baron23
    Yeah, the famous cop lights....flashing red/blue quickly.

This is either an overheat condition (but you hadn't even started using it, right) or temp sensor bad which is the case 99% of the time and a continual issue with GHs.

This is the troubleshooting decision tree....check it out.

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/information/troubleshooting-guide/

You can try to blow air (got canned air...or a compressor?) into the little air intake holes just above there the MP sits on the sides. May help. Never did for me, but maybe for you.

Fucking Hopper Labs.....never has such a great potential for a product been so undermined by simple company incompetence.
  • EconMan
    This is the troubleshooting decision tree....check it out...
    Fucking Hopper Labs.....never has such a great potential for a product been so undermined by simple company incompetence.
    Baron23

I've never dealt with this company, but as a student of business, I totally get what you're saying.

Another company that shoots itself in the foot is that rosin press where you put a torch to... Slug..... The slightest question and he can flip out. I am convinced he runs off a dozen prospects for every customer. :nerd:

On a related note, been trying out the ROK dab device. And how a company can design half of it so well, and drop the ball near totally in other ways..... it's disturbs me.... so much potential.... why, why why!!!
  • Baron23
    which half is which???
  • EconMan

The general traditional "water-on-bottom bong" design, the lovely feel of the heavy-duty metal unit (weighs more than two Cartas), and the BIG one... and on/off heater toggle so it can work similar to a torch and banger... press and hold for heat, release to stop (also does "timed" runs). I so wish the Peak/Carta/etc had that. This feature is awesome and a real differentiator.

But, but, but. It appears -- I want to be sure and will post a formal review next weekend -- battery life on the temp I like to dab on, seems to give two dabs. :gasp: In fact, it died at the end of my friend's hit who went right after me. To add insult to injury, a two-hour charge time. The two dabs were at most six minutes of heater time. This seems near impossible to me so I'm going to test more but I've run out of flower and wax at the moment... all I have is a couple unused carts I made. So until I resupply, my testing is postponed.

Also, the "carb-cap" seems like a total afterthought. Does not rest flush as if the cap was made for the ROK, more like they just stuck anything on there that was approximately the diameter of the bowl. And no tether. A big carb cap just waiting to be broke. And then there is the taste which is not good. There is a strong "metallic" taste. I go to too much trouble to have tasty wax and rosin, and this is disappointing. I can't tell if the taste is from the metal device itself or from the two stainless steel "air tubes" that serve as much of the the airway. Then they designed the glass so you can't see AT ALL the dab your taking. I actually broke out my phone so I could see the "milk" and regulate my hit.

If it proves true though, the battery life for many will be a deal killer.
  • Baron23
    It appears -- I want to be sure and will post a formal review next weekend -- battery life on the temp I like to dab on, seems to give two dabs. :gasp:EconMan

Cold start dabs?

Even for that....that would be unacceptable.

Perhaps bad batteries? Does happen. Are they owner changeable?

No tether on a carb cap is not an issue for me. I have half a dozen caps I use with enail bangers and they ain't tethered either.

The taste thing sounds awful.....

What does it use for an atomizer? Ceramic disk type thing, coil under an insert type thing, something else?

Thanks
  • PuffItUp
    Is it like the peak where it doesn't auto shut off? I hit one at champs, wasn't all that impressed by it overall. The coolest feature definitely was the push button to fire mode
  • EconMan
    Cold start dabs?Baron23

Specifically, about 6 minutes of heat time. For most people, a deal killer. But as Baron said, mine might have a bad battery?, but I suspect it doesn't. When you inspect it and imagine where they put the battery, where is the room for one, it isn't a very big one.....

Is it like the peak where it doesn't auto shut off?PuffItUp

Yes, it has a auto off. Indeed, a think I LOVED about it was its controls. The "press and hold" and you have heat and "release the button" and no more heat..... is an incredible feature.

Again, this is one of those products where you scratch your head and just say WHY WHY WHY??? So many "good things" about it and potential in general. Charge $50 more and get it right.

For ONE hit, it is pretty badass.
  • Magicman
    Hopper is not for dab so i am lost.
  • Pud
    they were talking about dabs in a Rok not a hopper that was being tested this week.... VC was needing help with the cop lights on his stainless hopper on up towards the top of this page
  • Baron23
    I have two GHs right now. Between them, there have been 5 or 6 RMA's and I haven't had one worth using for well over a year.

However, during the latest round of RMAs, one of them works sort of, kind of, in a pinch, ok....but really its STILL running way too cool.

But my OG Grasshopper is, after three trips back to Hopper I believe, works just like it did when new. This GH worked perfectly for 18 months before it went belly up and I haven't had one working like this again until now.

I LOVE a GH when its working well. Outstanding device. I mostly use it through a 14 mm J hook. Very nice.

This one finally runs hot enough and I can kill a .1 g load in 3 draws and maybe a clean up. I'm back to running between 3.8 - 4.2 on the temp dial which is still pretty hot with this device but at the same time still have some headroom left. Awesome for middle of the night session...fast and strong.

So, right now I'm a happy Hopper guys...well, not really. I'm a happy GH owner.....I still think you would have to intentionally work at it to run a company as badly as Hopper.

Cheers
  • Magicman
    VC has old hopper. Old hopper bad like any first year model car or truck. New hopper is dope gun. Luckily he has lifetime warranty, but I suggest he getting a new one for comparison.
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    Needing these guys to get some batteries back in stock!
  • EconMan
    lifetime warrantyMagicman

I'm skeptical of lifetime warranties in general, believing them usually and mostly to be marketing gimmicks. Who's lifetime? Mine or the seller's?
    Serious question. If their CS takes as long as people claim (some stories are so almost unbelievable... forgot who but one person said it took them 7 months to get it fixed, and then broke again in a month.... not just one story but several similar stories), then the "lifetime" warranty doesn't mean much.. In fact, not sure I know anyone who has one that has had no problems over say a year of use.

Adult lifetime ~= 50 years. assume 6 mth intervals between services and equal use times. So the real warranty is 25 years with half of the time in RDA hell obliterating the reason it was bought in the first place -- to take hits. Perhaps this thing is like my old TR7 -- buy two. One to drive, and the other to drive when the first one is being repaired. :razz:

But here is the kicker. I loved that car (except the times it would just die in the middle of an intersection or just decide to not start that day, and....). What impresses me about the Hopper is those that have and use it often possess a similar "emotion" too it with a cult-like love of it. And as I said, the company still exists and in this day and age, that itself is something to be proud of as a merchant.

Perhaps the Grasshopper just has Borderline Personality Disorder :nerd:
    @Baron23 last sentence perhaps eloquently said it perfectly. And indeed, reminded me of three former love/hates. Triumph motorcycles. Triumph cars. Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Sidenote. Triumph motorcycles are being made again, but in malaysia via a totally different company that bought the brand. They are pretty good.
  • UbarDog
    Life time warrenty because the stress of the RMA kills ya !

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have Grasshopper just changed somthing or new owners ??? Am I seeing a reviving of the GH some reviews using it again and re-reviewing it. What the scoop?
  • zancru

It wasn’t me!!!
  • lazylathe
    I am still rocking my original GH from Feb 2017!
    Never been sent in for an RMA and never had cop lights.
    It does seem to overheat or have a sensor failure every now and then when the lights will just flash red sometime during the beginning of the hit. That is the worst issue it has had.

Just wanted go over my maintenance again:
    Freshly charged batteries, empty and clean hopper including front end.
    Insert battery and close, turn to max and attach to your water tool.
    Heat up and once blue, rip it for as long as allowed and as hard as you can pull.
    Unscrew both ends quickly and blow from battery side and suck from heater side, again as hard as you can. Do this a few times with each battery.

This seems to clean any gunk off sensors etc and extends it's lifetime for me.
  • Magicman
    I run same battery with only using the provided magnetic charger for months. Then I finally switch to the other battery and repeat. Hopper is a dope gun.
  • Pud
    VC abused his hopper.... so it broke. lol!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment