• spider
    uaadmuhwpw3qig0j.jpg
    A little 'PFE' action going on tonight, pretty much my daily driver since it showed up at my house.
    Thankyou @Terpenetime for the awesome advice!!!, definitely going to look into that feeder, and thanks again for the cleaning tips :100: :cheer: :cheer: , very good stuff!!
  • Joe The Locator
    Is there a new Grasshopper version being produced?
  • spider
    yes, there is a new io grasshopper right now that is accepting pre- orders, they also are transfering to a new website as well.I decided to grab a current og version and it's been nothing short of on point!!!
  • Joe The Locator
    Cool thanks. My main concern about the Grasshopper is that I hear the vapor can get hot and harsh when using it straight, without a water bubbler.
    Also I heard the battery life sucks!
    I'm hoping for there to be improvement with these in the new model.
    I just checked the new website and it looks like they are claiming it will. I guess we'll see?..
  • spider
    Battery life is better /w the new version og units, and the silicon mouthpiece really helps against those high temps. I honestly got no complaints on the hopper, it does work nice in a bubbler/bong j - hook and natively, you just have to be vigilant on your temp and how you want it.
  • Joe The Locator
    That's good to hear. But even with the silicon mouthpiece how about the temperature of the actually vapor. Isn't the vapor itself still hot especially after a few draws?
    I think I'm probably going to wait for the io because I'm sure it will even be better. And I'm in no rush.
  • Namekian
    I don’t normally pre-order but I have a lot of trust in MaxVapor’s technical and management ability.Baron23

Man I'm starting to wonder about maxvapor...they have been supposedly slowly shipping for the better part of 2 weeks and not one person has posted about recieving anything on FC. They also use language like "within a week or so" or "if all goes well", same language HL used for years. Any worry on your side or do you still have the same confidence. :)
  • Terpenetime
    I checked out the feeder and may look into that more later but looks just a little high maintenance compared to the funnel.spider

It is but a funnel requires zero maintenance so that’s a little unfair. I’d think of it more as a matter of ‘swings and roundabouts’. You can load a hopper quicker with the feeder that you can with a funnel but the time you save will have to be reinvested in cleaning. That’s a trade off I’m happy to accept as it only takes a couple of minutes to clean every 30 - 40 loads plus there is another advantage, which is the quality and consistency of the ‘pack’. This appears to be much more even than can be achieved with a funnel and leads to a better extraction in my experience.
  • Baron23
    nah, Max is good, IMO. I’m not worried personally.

If you are very upset, he responds to his thread on FC with some alacrity.
  • Namekian
    That's good to hear, I'm not mad, I just dont really believe what they're saying. Someone should have received their unit if they were really shipping for the past few weeks. I lurk over on FC but I just can't bring myself to join a forum with such a juvenile name. Sounds like a angsty 13 year old named it. ;)
  • spider
    Do any of you guys find it helpful to stir your hopper between hits?, it almost seems like this one doesn't need to be stirred, but I was just curious if any of you guys have benefited from doing so.
  • Baron23
    nah and even at the end, to get one last hit out, has been a waste of time to me.

I don’t stir the GH. I will, when in the mood, Jack the temp up to 5 to finish it off. But I generally run in 4.2 but that’s hard to translate from unit to unit.

At least so in the past.
  • Magicman
    I keep mine on 3.5.
  • spider
    Awesome advice! Thankyou,
    I couldn't agree more W/ the stirring, I have such a habit of stirring that it was hard to break it with this one. Plus it makes a mess when trying to poke around I noticed. I also like to use mine in the 4.2 -4.5 radius, also enjoying using it natively lately as well.
  • Baron23
    and one of the things I don’t like about ever stirring a GH is I don’t want fine particles falling through the oven screen.

That’s where the temp sensor is and is kind of known issue.

They made some sort of change w the IO but??

But this is why people say to blow compressed/canned air thru the intake holes if your unit gets squirely and maybe runs cool.

Sometimes blowing it out helps.
  • Baron23
    I’m zoned. C ya Spider.
  • spider
    goodnight, thanks
  • Terpenetime
    Do any of you guys find it helpful to stir your hopper between hits?spider

As others have said... no.

There is often a hint of green on the very top of the bowl when the rest of the load is spent but there isn’t anything to be gained by stirring in my experience.
  • spider
    appreciate the input,
    The first couple of days I would stir on my last hit to see if I could squeeze more out, but your correct, it doesn't make any difference. I'm so use to stirring my convection vapes that it was a little hard to break the habit w/ this one.
  • mac47
    I've seen it get some grief but I like it, the taste I think is underrated and as a one hitter I'm not sure there's anything with batteries that's better. I'd be interested in trying this upgrade.
  • spider
    9xiqfm7w5c4woklm.jpg
    Thank goodness for Delta3DStudios!!
    Much easier to load w/ the proper accessories.
  • spider
    0va2rnqo959fn1gw.jpg
    Og titanium grasshopper w/ PFE, + 14mm NV super slit diffuser, is a match made In Heavin!!!
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet