• Tdog420
    Hahaha newvape out of there mind with that price!!
  • Pud
    Guess they prefer to have a museum of a complete production run of all the tsunamis ever built rather than selling these
  • spider
    It doesn't even come with a glass rig I here either? im speechless?
    No offense, i love NV and there products, but i rather go with a peak,

too pricey for my blood.
  • Chandler
    Just got on the NV Vtrain. I hear I can also do concentrates with my VROD. Haven't tried that yet. In fact I've only done two actual flower sessions. No need for tsunami in my immediate future...
  • Baron23
    I was very excited about it, but the price point is hard to handle and yeah, you still got to go buy the glass.
  • fatbiker
    As @EconMan would say it’s all about price elasticity. Personally, I think it’s a bit on the high side as well. I would rather have a Flowerpot and DCup setup instead of a full Tsunami setup. If the Tsunami was battery powered and a portable device then my thoughts would be a bit different.
  • EconMan
    As EconMan would say it’s all about price elasticity.fatbiker

LOL. :nerd:
    $600 !! :scream:
    Obviously they are maximizing profits, not revenues. Shooting for high-margin / low volume sales and want to operate within the inelastic portion of demand. Smart actually. Let the people who REALLY want one (AND have the ability to pay for it) take the first bites. Keeps the logistics of HUGE production runs at bay.

I personally however would not buy it. $600 buys me a nice amount of concentrate. :razz:

I saw a glass rig I liked at amy local head shop. It was $3000. I thought no one would buy it. I certainly would not. Took a few months but they sold it. That's why *personal* valuation is relative. Ever have a friend whose taste in women/men is so different than yours? They think a particular person is so hot, and you're like "really?" :gasp:

The fact we all value things and people differently is what makes economic life possible.
  • Baron23
    Obviously they are maximizing profits, not revenues. Shooting for high-margin / low volume sales and want to operate within the inelastic portion of demand. Smart actuallyEconMan

Actually, I’m pretty sure we don’t know anything their margin or pricing strategy.
  • Pud

I'll def keep my weedeater and dcup rather than participate in the tsunami... I was pumped for the tsunami... But that price feels like pulling numbers out of the air... they might as well push it to $1000
  • John Cocktostone
    Good god... it come with a lap dance?
  • Baron23
    eh, sooty for the brevity. I’m out on phone.

Didn’t mean it to sound so confrontational.
  • Baron23
    put Osidisn dish in and buy good glass and you may well end up at a grand.

I was really excited about it, love how it looks, and if it was $400 or thereabouts I would prob go for it.

I was surprised by the price.

Perhaps it’s a lot of hand work and labor. I really like NV and Edwyn, but it’s a chunk of money.

And yes, Econ is prob right. At that price, it doesn’t appear that he’s looking to compete w Peak or Carta and aiming for mass market sales. Perhaps.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    That thing is bad ass!! But............ I'll take a $93 dab rig and $600 worth of concentrates please
  • EconMan

No prob my friend. I was speaking mostly of demand -- @fatbiker mentioned Price Elasticities which is a Demand related function -- so knowing their specific costs are not necessary to speak in generalities. I suspect this is priced (regardless of their costs) at the high end of what the mass-market will tolerate, leaving titanium lovers and/or those whose relatively high wealth and income makes their marginal utility per $ considerably higher on such purchases.

I like the idea of it. But at $600, I'll bank the money in case I live to 90 - lol :nerd:
  • John Cocktostone
    Are the dabs supposed to taste better/purer or is the price just that it has a custom look and neat factor? What is the benefit of this device over and enail, besides no atomizer replacement?
  • Dr green thumb

This tsunami is an enail in a package that fits peak and carta glass. Benefits are smaller footprint and it's all in one. Cons price
  • John Cocktostone
    yeah, that's a decent night of cocaine and a somewhat std free hooker
  • Mr White
    You realize that a ridiculous statement that you made right? It's nothing like any of the others except for the way it looks ,functionality will be nothing like the others.
  • Mr White
    Sometimes I wonder if ya'll have any clue about what goes into bringing a product to market the R and D alone drives the price way up. Not to mention the Materials they are using and the machining time to machine those materials. Do I think it's worth $600 probably would I pay $600 for it hell no!
  • EconMan
    Do I think it's worth $600 probably would I pay $600 for it hell no!Mr White

No need to wonder. I've brought two successful product lines from design to market, and sold the first company to a bigger one that had lots of products it took to market. It's how I had the capital to start the business I have now, itself a product.
    So yes, I have at least a clue. :nerd:

If you would not buy it, then it is not worth $600 to you, meaning you prefer owning the $600 over owning the product; else you would buy it and give up the cash. Something is worth whatever a person is willing and able to pay for it. You can have a house appraised at $500k and someone comes along and buys it for $1m, then the appraisal is obsolete - it was just an estimate.
    If they only intend to make ONE, it might actually be worth thousands (say, at an auction?). As they make more, it becomes less scarce, and downward pressure is therefore applied onto the "market price".

The demand for a product is not a direct function of its production cost. A producer may have a product that costs them $1000 to make but if the most anyone is willing and able to pay is say $400, then they sell at $400 or they sell none. This is why adequately estimating demand is a critical-path here since it drives before-the-fact decisions like batch sizes, etc. If the most you could sell at $0 price, is say 100,000 units, then your optimal batch size is considerably less.
  • Baron23
    The demand for a product is not a direct function of its production cost.EconMan

Well, kind of...if you don't have competition. If you do, then cost plus reasonable profit is going to approximate the starting point for the product's price and competition in the market place will set it. But yeah, if nobody wants it for that amount, then none will sell.
  • Mr White
    Just because I wouldn't buy it doesn't mean it is not worth the money. It just means it is not worth it to me. Again you dont understand what I'm saying. Now I get what you're saying it's only worth what someone will pay for it. But r&d ain't cheap neither is Machining metal. Hopefully in time they can get their cost of materials and machining cost down then again this is NV
  • EconMan
    Just because I wouldn't buy it doesn't mean it is not worth the money. It just means it is not worth it to me.Mr White

That is exactly what I said. :confused: :nerd:
    "If you would not buy it, then it is not worth $600 to you "

In economics it is called the minimum reservation price. Also applicable to labor markets (what price of labor that for you is so low, you say fuck it and remove yourself from the workforce?) In simple linear equation form, Qs = a +bP, where P=0 leaving in most cases a negative "a" (vertical intercept) representing loosely the average fixed opportunity costs of producing a product.
    If you make a product that costs you $10 to produce and and you can't sell it for more than $8, you'll sell your inventory at $8 in the short run (some revenue is better than none) but unless you can get your costs down or the market price up, in the long run you won't be running a new production batch (well, assuming one is rational).

No argument on the fixed supply costs like r&d. Suppliers can name any price they want but consumers decide whether to pay it (or not). It's how I bought my near new Tesla at literally half-price....(sold it recently at a profit after rats got into the electrical :gasp: ) a guy was getting a divorce, and he knew his wife who he now hated would take half, so he took my cash offer and was happy. He had no other offers so he took mine.
  • John Cocktostone
    Anyone get this yet?
  • Hapo
    ...I would think they would have said something...
  • spider
    you got that right,
    I almost did a sitting backflip in my chair when I saw the price,
    I guess this would be a great example of a designer Vape, he,he
  • Baron23
    hi man - I’m kind of down for the count w a real bad back now so excuse brevity.

I was very interested but the price which doesn’t incl Glass was a bit of a shock.

And I just blew a wad on a precision rifle and scope so there is that.

But w decent glass, it does come out to be a bunch.

Ok, back on couch
  • spider
    Hope you feel better , ✌ get some good ole fashioned rest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment