• anndax
    my throat easily gets irritated and burns, which dry herb vape produces the coolest vapor? i'm highly interested in either the Firefly or Pax. thanks!
  • Yadayadayada
    Not any pax from my experience if looking for cool vapor
  • BestBuds
    Out of those two the Firefly has cooler vapor. The more surface area and longer the vapor path between the herb chamber and the mouthpiece the cooler the vapor will be. If you run any vape through a bong the vapor will be much cooler.
    Is this going to be your first dry herb vape?
  • anndax
    actually I have the MFLB and the old arizer solo. I was thinking the firefly or pax would be cooler than either that I have already. I will look into the bong thank you!
  • Bad Dog
    2 very different vapes, the firefly is convection and the pax is conduction. Most people find conduction to be harsher. If your interested in convection there is also the ghost MV1 it has a built in heat sink and can be used with a wpa or bubble straw.
  • anndax
    thanks Bad Dog. do you have the Ghost if so how are you liking it? I researched it and it does seem to produce smooth cool draws. looks like a few pieces to keep clean is only downside. they are having a sale that ends tonight. 35% off.
  • Bad Dog
    No I don't own one but a lot of people on the forum do. It's a toss up for the MV1 and Splinter Z for my next portable. If you have any questions I suggest posting in the pinned thread for the MV1 as well.
  • MrGreen

The Solo would probably produce good results through a bong wet or dry.
  • Dankpup
    if you really want cooled down hits, pick one that easily adapts to a bong, like mr green said, solo, enano , davinci, dynavap etc.
  • LabPong
    Yup....get a wpa for your solo....and you will get cooler vapor with a rig.
  • bulllee
    4tzxr9z5xb20qq43.jpg
    Tera with a dimpled cooling stem. Very cool, tasty hits. Lot's of em. Full convection. Even cooler with the wpa that comes with. I love the flavor on this just with the dimpled stem.
  • John Cocktostone
    have you or anyone seen a dimple straw with a small bubbler in the path?
  • bulllee
    No, but an interesting thought. I also use my dimpled stem. :cool: with my Solo 2. In fact I prefer the Solo 2 dimpled stem for flavor . Definitely recommend it
    I have been using a Pax 2 since last night and I must say I am amazed at what this little thing puts out! Cloud on first draw on level 2. Packed a fine grind from a BCG and packed it tight, that’s it, no technique just sip or rip. Wonderful slightly different effects from being conduction. My only other condition vape is an IQ which I never use, and a dynavap but this feels different then the dynavap. A pax 3 might become my portable flower vape and just use the FF2+ for portable concentrates(which is not very often).

Vrod for desktop
    Pax 2/3
    Ff2+
    Dynavap

That’s it I’m done. :wink:
  • John Cocktostone
    I have a straight one I flip into my sticky brick and put my EVO glass mouthpiece on end. Works great.
  • EconMan
    Not any PAX from my experience if looking for cool vaporYadayadayada

True! For me the Pax was just nasty. Certainly has its purpose but not really for bona fide taste-chasers.

my throat easily gets irritated and burns, which dry herb vape produces the coolest vapor? i'm highly interested in either the Firefly or Pax. thanks!anndax

I think it a wrong comparison. To me it is like wanting either a Miata or a SUV. They are different classes.

The Pax is a conduction vape (heat radiates) that is often loved for its long "sessions" and puffable nature.
    The FF2 is a convection vape (hot air). It is very cool, and smooth with GREAT taste, but requires a little more technique and is less forgiving than the pax, which is very forgiving.

IMO, a same-category vape would be the Ghost MV1.
    Convection, and known for nice vapor with good taste attributes. The MV1 has convenient "capsules" making reloads on the go much easier and is probably a better bona fide "portable" vape than the FF2. But I only use my FF2 as a desktop for flower, and a portable for Rosin and Wax. I don't have battery issues.

May I respectfully inquire as to the strength of your lungs?
    The FF2 and MV1 require somewhat strong lung strength IMO. If you can't take a prolonged hit, it is not that you won't be able to use the FF2 or MV1, but that additional breath techniques will have to be learned and practiced. With convection, outside of an integrated motor (i.e. volcano), your diaphragm is powers the blast furnace.

As a rule of thumb, convection vapes are more temperamental than conduction vapes (don't know about induction?) but they taste better and are usually smoother, all other things being equal.

I will say this. I have only TWO vapes I use without water. FF2 and DynaVap Omni. If you have a sensitive throat, humidity is always nice.
  • anndax
    thank you for all your comments! I have great lungs... so far...i'm athletic. yes I now realize ff2 vs pax is a silly comparison!
  • EconMan

I think a close counterpart to the Pax3 is the Mighty. Folks agree?
  • Monk Debate
    Even with vapes that don’t irritate my throat, I vape through water whenever possible. Helps reduce dry mouth/throat and I can take bigger hits.
  • EconMan

Me too. Love water. Even with carts. Especially with carts. The only vapes I don't use water with are my FF2 (cool and smooth anyway) and Dyna Omni.
  • anndax
    so I use carts too. what cart vape pen do you use with water? that seems tricky b/c the cart tips are small. obviously i'm relatively new to water and industry know how. thx
  • acstorfer
    so I use carts too. what cart vape pen do you use with water? that seems tricky b/c the cart tips are small. obviously i'm relatively new to water and industry know how. thxanndax

And here is an acstorfer life hack

5eqnkperjy57xu59.jpeg

With a little ingenuity, gauze, and medical tape all things are possible. Sometimes you gotta shove a round piece in a square hole.
  • EconMan
    so I use carts too. what cart vape pen do you use with water?anndax

You could use any battery.
    yz3ti9sqcng4rj7j.jpeg
  • martinstraka8282
    Interesting. I might try this out tonight.
  • EconMan
    Interesting. I might try this out tonight.martinstraka8282

It turns a cart into a little mini-dab appliance. Usually, a cart is too harsh to really suck one in (it is for me) but with a water bong, I can take four times the intensity of the hit, so it's impact is pretty strong (assuming good carts).
  • martinstraka8282
    Cool idea. I have the same complaints about carts, so I'm intrigued to try this out. Got lots of tubing sizes to work with.
  • EconMan

Yeah man. I hate carts. I mean I hate them. I hate using them. But I suffer supply shocks all the time in my market and *sometimes* carts are all there is. Indeed, right NOW, I'm out of flower. So I had to improvise. The adapter for the joint was about $7 and the silicone tubing was a few dollars. Whole thing under $10.
  • martinstraka8282
    Damn man, I feel bad for you. Reminds of the days of old of waiting for "the guy" to show up and he never does, thus ruining your night. Things are about as available here as they've ever been now. My wife was just giving me hell the other day that maybe a half a pound of product isn't necessary to always have on hand lol.

You sir are a genius btw. I just rigged up a little piece of silicone from my PCKT cart to a 14mm glass adapter and used my little bubbler. Not a rig, but it was still enough to let me take in MUCH bigger, more enjoyable hits. Tonight I'm going to try it in a full water piece.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment