• fatbiker
    I am on the hunt for a portable vape to use exclusively with concentrates. I am looking for an on-demand device

I currently have a HVT Sequoia with a quartz bucket coil. It’s ok but I need something better. I’ve also tried the Lynx Blaze and quickly decided the pens are not for me. My only other portable is a Mighty. I need something that can provide much faster vapor production.

I am leaning towards a Firefly 2+. However, I’m not sure what else is out there and what other folks like.

I’d like to hear your thoughts and input.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    firefly 2 is great for trates!
    I like the airistech head banger as well its a sweet little device!
  • LabPong
    An Oura is a possibility as well if it is doable for size. Thinking your probably looking for something that might be pocket-able/jacket pocket-able?

The Oura is probably the only other electric concentrate vape I am looking at. I also have a KP Crystal that I like to use with my FF2's for rosin use. These 2 vapes are my main vapes for rosin use....even though I can use a healthstone in the G43, Elev8r, Air, or Lotus.

I mainly use the FF2's because of the ability to use out and about....and then not having to clean it after use. So any of the "cup" type trait vapes need to be instantly qtiped out after use to keep clean....and sometimes that is not easy or doable. So even though the Crystal is so small....I only use it as a desktop type setting just because of the clean up I need to do to put it away. I use a Arizer mini bubble stem with the bottom bowl cut off for a nice bubble mouthpiece on it too. I take out the inner screen from the mouthpiece as well...thanks for this tip to Bud and one of the female members I can not recall whom...sorry.

With the FF2 if used properly....its pretty much the pad that is messy...besides the top and bottom lids where you will scrape up that reclaim to use later. You can just take a few draws or kill it or what ever in any time period....then later go back and clean if needed. I tend to do 3-4 sessions before I clean out a pad and use a new one. I just soak them in ISO for a day or two..(rinse a few times as it may take some time to melt it all out with ISO). So itis my go to vape for anytime with rosin....I can hit it pretty stealthy by holding it backhanded with my palm over the top and one of my fingers over a button....so it looks almost like I am sucking my thumb with my elbow out....lol But the main thing for stealth is the length of draw you need to take with it normally. Unless you use high heat and get a quicker draw that way.
  • acstorfer
    I had a Firefly 2. It was exceptional at concentrates. It should almost be sold as a concentrates vaporizer that does flower too, but the flower is quite exceptional as well. I just didn’t like the draw resistance, but otherwise it’s an exceptional vape.
  • Ctipp22
    The new Divine Tribe V4 bucket atomizer is amazing. It seems like an Oura or Carta may be a good avenue for portable concentrates though.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @fatbiker it kind of depends on what's most important to you. Flavor? Strength? Stealth?

For me, even though it doesn't have the best flavor my go to portable is the APX Wax with Kanthal Coil. It's super small and delivers big hits. I prefer it over the Sai. But like all buckets it's hard to load discretely.

I think if the Terp Pen worked out the possible issue with the coil it is a good choice. Big hits, easy to clean and load and super cheap.

Just some thoughts.
  • fatbiker

My preference is flavor, Stealth, and ease of use. I want something that I can quickly duck out of a social scene for a few minutes and take a puff or two. I want to be able to let it cool and come back for more. I don’t like the session style for on the go.

My only concern with the portable Dan rigs is that I can’t take it to the park with my kid while we ride our bikes. I need something more portable within an active lifestyle.

Yes, I need something more portable. I like the FF2 for all of the reasons you stated. How messy does it get from reclaim? Is it a pain to clean?
  • Summer
    Terp Pen for $30.
  • LabPong
    Terp Pen for $30.Summer

oh....look who the wind blew in.......do you have your :cool: on Summer? :yum: Terp Pen might work for every once and awhile.

Yes, I need something more portable. I like the FF2+ for all of the reasons you stated. How messy does it get from reclaim? Is it a pain to clean?fatbiker

This is a very different scenario with herb vs trates. Flower gets messy and not fun to clean up because it is sticky little bits all over from bowl to mp generally. But if you dont grind and do nugs or chunks of flower, it works out better for clean up time.

Trates.....for me is pressed rosin. With the pads it is simple and easy to use....especially the clean up because you do not have to clean up much. You let the reclaim build up and then when it gets to a "point of usefulness"....you scrape it up with a wide dab tool and put it on the pad and you got good free seconds! You might do 3-7 sessions with maybe 2 different pads in rotation...and only clean or scrape the vape 1 time. But you can keep your pads clean to what every point you want. I usually do 3-4 sessions at most before I soak them in ISO for 24 hours or so. I usually rinse and reapply ISO a couple times to get most of it out....but it just depends on the trates and how much you did.

I have 2 FF's in use....I do not mix using the pad then flower...because I want to build reclaim in the trate one...and more so because I will clean the flower one out every time after use. Minor cleans for 3 bowls..then a good ISO wipe down. It again depends on your flower and bud to grind ratio.

But I will say....what you want...like sneak out of a situation...and get back 5 mins later or so...and you just medicated and put it away quickly. That is what I like about it for rosin use. Pretty much instant on and you just need about 10-20 second draws. But the draw can be pretty slow especially for flower. With trates you can rip on it if you want to get it to extract a bit quicker.....but first draw is just the melt in usually but awesome terps!

I think this is a pretty good summary of using the FF2's. They have their uses and yea.....why are they not touted or marketed hard as a concentrate vape?
    I like the ff2 way better then my SAI. FF2 is the only vape I have liked for concentrates with a short air path. I was hesitant to try another portable but @LabPong and @EconMan talked me into it again, I sold my last ff2 to Labpong In fact, Then ended buying another, lol. I use it for flower more then trates but it’s my portable trate vape when I need something and I’m away from the Vrod.
  • LabPong
    I like the ff2 way better then my SAI. FF2 is the only vape I have liked for concentrates with a short air path. I was hesitant to try another portable but LabPong and @EconMan talked me into it again, I sold my last ff2 to Labpong In fact, Then ended buying another, lol. I use it for flower more then trates but it’s my portable trate vape when I need something and I’m away from the Vrod.52

And thank you so much Sir! haaaa :up:

I use that one you sold me (jb FF2) for my flower vape. I like the FF2+ for using rosin because of the larger window for the on light. It works good to see how much reclaim you are getting and when to harvest..... :starstruck:
  • 38spider
    hey hows it going, I heard you were looking for a great concentrate device, the Puffco Plus is the best one that I have found, I don't really consider the plus a pen because of the way it hits, its actually classified as a small rig, I could not believe how hard it hits,it really is like dabbing off a rig in a way , being a all ceramic, coil less atomizer it gives really deep flavors, full rips, I was blown away at how consistent it was, for me I was able to go on the low heat settings and get very nice effeccient hits, just remember to use a q-tip with it like you would a dab rig, after its through just wipe it out, I heard you talking about the lynx, I must say that would come in probably second, it's a must to use the DIO atomizer, I'm usually not a quartz guy but its amazing, it's a coil covered in a all quartz chamber, nothing gets waisted, it's a must with the lynx, anyway Puffco plus is what I recommend, if you ever held one you can feel the quality/weight, plus its sleek as hell, anyway I hope this helps✌f84ni9on5fm71cf8.jpg, also with this pen it's very efficient, nothing with this one gets waisted as well, very easy to clean and maintain, I've had mine for over a yr and I'm still on the same atomizer
  • Mangu
    I’ve been eyeing that M22 from AVS. Looks like it might be what we’re looking for. But I’m waiting for them to resolve everything and to hear some user feedback before taking a dive.

https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/search?q=M22
  • EconMan
    I sold my last ff2 to Labpong In fact, Then ended buying another, lol.52

So that's where LabPong bought his. :cool: Would be fun to do an org chart and how much "device incest" we have here. :lol: I know I have a few people's old devices and them a few of mine. Indeed, my carta is from a well-known poster. :nerd:
  • LabPong
    I sold my last ff2 to Labpong In fact, Then ended buying another, lol. — 52

So that's where LabPong bought his. :cool: Would be fun to do an org chart and how much "device incest" we have here. :lol: I know I have a few people's old devices and them a few of mine. Indeed, my carta is from a well-known poster. :nerd:
    EconMan

VLF merry-go-round vapes.... :victory:
  • Ctipp22
    Man the FF lol. IDK it does concentrates pretty well but that battery life and overall experience. I could never purchase BUT if you only need a few rips a day and that wont blast you its up your alley.
  • EconMan
    the Puffco Plus is the best one that I have found22spider

I think @Zep4 also like it.
  • Zep4
    My favorites atm are the Linx Ember and Linx Zero with ceramic dish or Dio coils for out and about and Carta of course for at home.
  • EconMan

Did you get your SiC? :starstruck:
  • Zep4
    Not yet. Believe they said on the slip it is coming Sept. 15...soon.
    I’ll report back then:)
  • 38spider
    one thing that I forgot to mention is that the p+ comes with a seshmode mechanism, it gives you 12 seconds of heat up time so all you have to do is just inhale slowly, I was amazed at the performance, I'm mainly a flower guy but i like to get some nice top shelf resin or rosin and savor it in the plus, because of my experience with the plus being so good one day I probably would like to own the peak, puffco is one of those company's that people love or hate, there product really worked out for me✌
  • EconMan

Makes me want to really try one. I think I have used one before at a friend's party? But being exposed to new vapes from high and drunk friends at parties who really have not figured out how to use their device yet... does not often produce wonderful and memorable hits :nerd:
  • 38spider
    I definitely consider it a connessures vape, I really love how they incorporate a loading tool at the bottom of the mouthpiece, they also have the mouthpiece built to create a windtunnel in the atomizer while its heating, this way it moves your concentrates around as your inhaling, a very smart device that is pretty underrated, it's worth every penny, at least to me it is.✌,lol, as you can tell I really like the plus, I guess its because it's one of those vapes that when I bought it, it just consistently worked all the time, it's very reliable, anyway if you want a lil research, I think sneaky pete has a good review on it
  • fatbiker
    The Puffco is quite compelling. However, after I tried the Lynx I said I’m done with pens. I feel that my Sequoia can provide the best experience in the pen category. I need something better.
  • 38spider
    I here ya, I'm sorry I couldn't help, I've always kinda looked at the puffco+ as kind of a lil rig over being a pen by how good the hits are, I hope you find what your looking for,✌
  • martinstraka8282
    Are these other non Sai pens typically sealed and don't need to be held upright?
  • EconMan
    For true portable dabs It's a hard gid to beat the FF2. For full spectrum rosin, the taste and the hit.... and then there is the "lid reclaim" -- only users know what I speak of (or hunt down the pics I posted a while back). Somewhow, the FF2 makes reclaim that is better than the input. Even a botched batch of rosin collects near perfect oil on the Lid.

Indeed, I live for my lid hits -- lol :lol: :vomit:

Spider has me wanting to throw down on a Puff+... his whirlpool description sort of intrigued me :)
  • Zep4
    I got my SIC a few days ago. I found low temp 1 gave me no vapor. #2 gave me enough, but my throat got sore, because I’m used to using temp #1. So I went back to my Ti (SS? I forget) bucket. Maybe I’ll try it out again someday. It did seem to take longer to heat as well, which was a negative to me.
    Right now, I’m playing with my new Linx Blaze....reserving judgement til I master it. Wish it had a way to govern airflow as I’d like less. Still loving my Linx Ember and Zero and of course, FocusV Carta.
  • Azn2101
    If you want something similar to the HVT than the AVS M22 that's dropping like this week has a built in SiC crucible as it's vaporization surface. It also has a adjustable vortex air holes and has a lot of people hyped because they seem to have done quite a bit of testing before the release with a few pushbacks for redesign.

Other than that I think you're starting to go into the Peak/Carta domain.
  • EconMan
    I got my SIC a few days ago.Zep4

Adventurous people are fun! :party: :cool: :love:

Your description perfectly fits my lamentations with the quartz crucibles. I've never really made one "work" well. It is my hunch that the heater is not robust enough to adequately heat the quartz, that the energy required to do so sucks battery life and makes for hot dabs, and that the very "tiny" surface area where heat is actually applied i not large enough relative to the quartz. If it is that way with quartz, although I know little of SiC use, I assume it is worse with "thicker" SiC?
    It does beg the question of how the "Crimson Carta" will work? -- they HAD to rework the temperature profile in the software, so if they needed to I assume we would too.

If you want something similar to the HVT than the AVS M22 tAzn2101

Never heard of any of these -- dude you're connected to the "dark web" - lol :joke:

However this intrigued me. Poseidon Bubbler.
    https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/poseidon-v2-bubbler-by-hvt
  • Cl4ud3
    the AVS M22 is here in a few videos, it does look pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2XoNTmg3RV/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet