• TheZman
    Do Vaporizers Really produce pure Vapor? I'm thinking not. When I use my Boundless CF I can still smell smoke. And my lungs feel like I smoked as well. They get a little phlegm and when I take a deep breath I get that pinching pain in my lungs afterwards.

It doesn't matter the temperature setting either. Even on the lowest setting at 350 degrees it's still the same. And when you take off the mouth piece and smell the rising vapor it smells like smoke. Now its slot thinner smoke mind you then actually lighting it on fire but it still smells like smoke.

I guess when I think of vapor I think of boiling water over the stove type vapor. Now that's vapor. Pure water droplets. That doesn't smell like smoke.

Is there any Vaporizers on the market that can produce pure vapor? The same type of vapor from a boiling pot of water? If there is that's what I want.
  • LabPong
    Smoke? Something is hot enough in it to combust? I'm no fan of any BL product for sure with chemical taste I experienced. But that is build parts and design. I suggest using a more pure vape that has mostly glass parts in the oven and air path. For example.... arizer air is really easy on my throat and lungs....use a wpa in a rig. Otherwise I use the elev8r or G43.

No... vapes do not produce pure vapor.....unless you just vape pure water.

There is a huge composition difference between "smoke" and "vapor". Many say smoke when it really is vaping....odd to me.

For example...when you vape mj....you create 3 basic compounds in the vapor it produces. When you combust mj...you create over 100 diff compounds in the smoke.
  • Dankpup
    Seems to leave a non water soluble tar, id imagine the higher the temp, the more tar you’ll be cleaning out of your vape. Alcohol wipes seem to be enough to cut thru it tho.
  • EconMan
    Pure water droplets.TheZman

If it was pure water droplets then you wouldn't get high?

But yes, my FF2 and many other vapes produce pure vapor. Vapor is just gas. My FF2 this morning clearly converted cannabinoids from a solid to a vapor. I had pure vapor in my lungs. It did not convert them from a solid to pure water however.
  • okla68m
    I have/had an Apollo X & XS, E-Nano, MV1, DynaVap, G43, various Vape pens...the ONLY TIME I'VE "SMELLED" SMOKE, is when the E-Nano Combusts (yes, you can Combust with a Nano) !
    Unless your Vape is running temp Higher than 451°F, YOU ARE NOT SMELLING SMOKE ! Just one or more of the volitilized 113 different Canabinoids !
  • okla68m
    https://veppocig.com/pages/difference-between-smoke-and-vapor/
    Sorry, didn't notice this link Also has ADS....Sorta Sways the results...but the science is solid.
  • Dankpup
    I think vaporizing is a misleading term for dry herbs units, really we are roasting the weed right? Lol unless you over fill your e-nano etc.
  • Baron23
    Just my opinion but first I think we need to recognize what @econman wrote above...vapor just means gas...that is, the gaseous state of a solid or liquid....through evaporation or sublimation.

In fact, what we are doing by "roasting" the herb (and that's not a bad description) is boiling off those parts we want into vapor while neither combusting (rapid oxidation) or causing pyrolysis which is decomposition of compounds at high temps often leading to the creation of other compounds which may be toxic.

So yes, IMO vapor is definitely vapor.
  • EconMan

What a Great word choice. Roast. Yes! :100:

Just like with my coffee roasting. I want to warm it sufficiently to release vapor that contains all the nasty aspects of green coffee beans. :vomit:

Roast too light and it takes a lot of coffee beans to make just one bitter cup of coffee. Go too hot and you combust the bean and get brewed charcoal water with the best of the bean lost.
  • TheZman
    I dont know. I definitely smell a smoke like smell. Even as low as 350 degrees. I'm not saying it's pure smoke like lighting a joint. But its definitely not all vapor with just Canabiniods in it. If it were I doubt it would smell burnt and smokey.

And what about the negative feelings in my lungs? Slighty short of breath and when I take a deep breath afterwards I get some pain. Its definitely not because of heat. Because I vape on low temps and I actually hold it in my cheeks for a little bit before inhaling to cool it even more. It's the same feeling I would get from smoke. Even from sitting by a camp fire.
  • Dr green thumb

This thread may overthink things. The vapor you are getting from your flower is the purest way you can get that vapor. This method requires no extra processes to achieve as in no further refinement. You can take flower from a plant, put it in a bowl, apply heat to it and enjoy what is being released. Smoking just takes it to the point where it ignites and you are inhaling everything.

Every other process requires further steps that no matter how careful you are increase the risk for contamination and degradation of your material.
  • Pud
    wonder if your device choice has something to do with it since it is both connection&conduction hybrid... wonder if something is going awry with your device and the temp is doing something weird regardless of your display? or you have a little hotspot that’s maybe a pinhole type area of intense heat causing a tiny bit of combustion inside your vape?
  • Dankpup
    if you set a slice of pizza in an oven at 300 degrees for long enough it will smoke, so if your weed is charred after a 4 minute session you might be getting slight amounts of smoke but generally it should be the combination of the most convenient/smokeless way to get that thc out of dry herb. I know what youre talking about with a Smokey flavor from ABV, I didn’t consider myself a “flavor chaser” but I dump my bowls a lot sooner these days.
  • TheZman
    Could be the device. I think the temps are definitely working correctly. If it turn it up it definitely produces way more. But you never know. That's sort of why I'm asking. Maybe I should get a better Vaporizer. I use like 4 times a day every day. And I do have sensitive lungs. So its definitely better then smoking for sure. But I just get the sense something is still combusting. My lungs are definitely picking up on it.
  • Dr green thumb

I'd reccomend trying a vaporizer that is all convection. The avb I get from that style vape is dry and not clumped together. While compared to the avb from my pax 3 which in some cases stayed in the shape of the chamber and very sticky.
  • Monk Debate
    This sounds more like an issue with the CF than with vaporization in general.
  • TheZman
    The Herb looks great after I'm done. A very light brown color with a slight hint of green here and there. So it definitely not killing it. I keep it and use it to make edibles.
  • LabPong
    Go too hot and you combust the bean and get brewed charcoal water with the best of the bean lost.EconMan

Someone needs to tell Starbucks that...lol Peet's FTW!

This sounds more like an issue with the CF than with vaporization in general.Monk Debate

I would have no problem agreeing with that assumption. I would invest in a better vape!
  • TheZman
    What the best vaporizer to produce the purest Vapor? Portable and desktop?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment