• Tdog420
    I think this will be my next purchase!! I like this over the carta due to not having to replace an atomizer. Im very surprised nobody has mentioned it yet on this forum?? Seems as though it only has great reviews. Anybody own one? Seems to be the perfect on the go dab rig. Anyone know of something better??
    Heres troy's review...
    https://youtu.be/9djK5WRxKdo
  • Kuzko
    Definitely a cool device. My main reason for preferring an electronic device though is the temperature control. This is basically a portable torch dab rig so you have to go back to manually controlling temperature with a torch. This device is tempting though. If you don’t like replacing atomizers, the Oura by Kandypens is good too.
  • Tdog420
    wont the quartz bucket go out eventually on the oura?
  • Pud
    I was asking the same thing a week or two ago after watching the same video... :grin: maybe you’ll have better luck than I.
    But after I thought about it and what I was buying for $220, I decided I’d rather have flexibility in the torch heating area as with the Rio it is set in one spot.

So I’m in the process of getting all the components I lack to go both torch and electric heat... so auber, hybrid 710 coil, 25mm quartz banger, great banger cap (everyone said cap was most critical), rig, etc. Then I can try both heat methods and see what I like best. But watching people dab they move that torch to even heat the banger and “chase” the dab around.

Anyway... that’s my take on it for the 1cent it’s worth... lol!
  • EconMan
    I am exceptionally skeptical over the long term of the efficacy of the fixed-torch design? Burnt dabs are forecast. Butane torches simply lack the required finesse to be "fixed" like that, their actual pressure at any moment always changing via several variables.

At best this seems to me a cool and fun novelty device a more serious dabber would grow out of fondness with rather quickly.
  • Kuzko
    As in will the atomizer die? Not sure. Mine hasn’t yet, but it’s only been a month or two and it’s not my DD. But if it does, Lifetime Warranty. Would still be an inconvenience though.
  • 420vapezone

heh?
    I'm probably not the MOST serious dabber here... but i gotta say the Rio is one of my favorites.
    I've pushed more than 300 dabs through it and it sits on my desk daily.

There's no issue with any of the things you mentioned. Burnt dabs are a result of user error.
  • EconMan

So you didn't just use it short term? 300 dabs is a respectable run :nerd:

So the torch stays relatively constant? If so, I think it would be much more attractive.

You have to admit it looks cool, lol.
    Other then that i have no interest in using one. No one I have seen looks comfortable using it and I know I wouldn’t. Carta have optional Everlast attys with lifetime(of the company) warranty. I’m guessing at some point they will come stock with a base unit. I also like replaceable inserts and the different surface options. If I ever(next vape) go with a torch it will be a true dab rig from the ground up.
  • 420vapezone

I've shelved it a few times but it always lands right back on my desk.

When it comes to the perfect dab, I still prefer dropping a quartz insert into a hot banger.
    But the Rio is SO FAST. I can load a dab, heat it, inhale it, cough my face off, reheat it, and clean the banger in less than a minute and a half.

The torch is extremely consistent up until the last 3 or 4 dabs of the fill, and a freshly filled torch will power through 79 dabs.

Sometimes I have to adust the banger or the torch to get the best alignment, but it's extremely minor.

To be honest my biggest complaint about the Rio is the percolator - for a bong that size it has a slight chunkyness to its chug.
  • Tdog420
    my problem w the carta peak etc is also how safe are the atomizers. I have seen all kinds of pics of burnt plastic and wires etc..... This is why glass and torch are appealing i know its clean and made properly. Carta peak and such seem made w cheap materials lots of plastic....yuckkkk. Also all reviews on the rio are saying its great. Not one bad review can i find from anyone who has one.
  • Skyvaper
    @EconMan I honestly thought this would be on your radar from what I've seen and read.
  • Pud
    just seems to be a high price point for what is essentially a dab rig but you have no flexibility. You have one rig/bong that sits on a base that stores your torch. So if your torch craps out or rig portion cracks you have to buy theirs and only theirs. And I’m not sure what you gain other than having it all stored in one place. So is that what you mean by fast? Cause you don’t have to hunt around for your torch? it’s all right there so this is the benefit?
    Seems like using it or your dab rig speed wise is the same. What am I missing?
    PS hope your mom is doing better, Troy

Yea, I’m not trying to pimp the Carta, I have my issues with it myself but it’s portable and works well. I’d only use a torch at a desktop, but that’s just me. Also, glass/ceramic caps are supposed to be in the works but are only needed for the sic and maybe ceramic inserts, I like quartz, flavor is definitely not bad and that’s all I really care about I’m not a flavor chaser.
  • Bad Dog
    If I were to need a portable dab rig I'd probably go with the rio, it was my favourite out of everything in Troys video. I even like its little plugs and carrying case but i wouldn't get the use out of it these days, and when I do need something portable I have my dynavap and dyna coil it's a lot easier and discrete. But if I were regularly going from place to place the rio would be a pretty awesome companion
  • John Cocktostone
    I bought after watching Troy's review. It's great for cold start dabs and cleaning with Dark Crystal is a breeze. In fact I have shelved my Carta until atomizers are more of a solid product. I went through 2 in the first month :(.

It wont replace a torch and banger for hot dabs but if you do cold start dabs, want a nice case and a unique glass piece, $220 isnt bad. It's way cheaper to buy your own setup but it is worth it to me for the organization of the Rio with the case and caps etc...
  • Tdog420
    you pretty much read my mind on my overall thoughts about it. Also i love cold starts great flavor.
  • EconMan
    I honestly thought this would be on your radar from what I've seen and read.Skyvaper

I'm behind in my game man! :nerd:
  • Tdog420
    yes i must say im shocked!!! I really thought u would dig it!!! Seems awesome for terp preservation.
  • PelicanWarlord
    Made this til I can get the real one. Tires first.

d293fmp904ynnm6h.jpg
  • EconMan
    Made this til I can get the real one.PelicanWarlord

Looks like you made a "real one" :cool:

Ok, so folks like the Rio. I'll give it more respect and some consideration.
    Sometimes a person's first thoughts/impressions are wrong/biased/etc.
    I'm still skeptical though, albeit, less so. What is their replacement price for the torch. Just like atomizers, it **WILL** break.

I will say this. It uses the size of torch that is often a favorite soapbox of mine for for Cold Starts. Put "Big Red" away, and get a small adjustable torch capable of doing sustained and dependable on-demand low flame heat.
  • Tdog420
    its 40 for the lighter and 50 to replace the glass. I would put money says that refillable torch lasts way longer then any atomizer, but i cant be sure of the quality of that specific lighter. I just like knowing the rio is all glass and safe. It is also convenient in that your lighter rig banger cap are all together in on place and mobile in one hand. Also super cool how it comes w a case and plugs for easy safe transport. I do hope to own one sometime soon. Then i will be able to give an accuarate opinion.
  • EconMan

You guys have certainly shed much of my bias. I've gone from "this is dumb" to "hmmm, this has some promise (for the reasoning you cite). Also, those costs you cite would come down (if it became popular) and even 3rd party glassblowers stepped up.
    $40 for the torch is reasonable, given is slides right in. And it **IS** the same size torch I use for my CS's anyway.

I assume it requires custom bangers ? Else, they would not line up?
  • Tdog420
    i dont think you need a custom banger. I watched one video where a guy used his favorite banger and it fit fine. I assume maybe not all bangers fit, but yes you can find and use 3rd party bangers.
  • PuffItUp
    It needs the RIO banger, there is one other company that makes bangers that fit as well but I cannot remember the name off the top of my head. There are probably many companies that have bangers that fit, we just ahvent found em yet
  • EconMan
    There are probably many companies that have bangers that fit, we just ahvent found em yetPuffItUp

Somewhere.... on DHgate..... :nerd:
  • PuffItUp
    and a couple american ones as well, I know one of our customers linked us one earlier. I've been trying to find it all night haha
  • EconMan
    Well, I'm not thrilled with the business practices. Was going to buy one and check it out. Then backed out as I got turned off.
    https://stacheproducts.com/products/rio

His passive disclaimer -- "ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY" -- is 100% bullshit.
    All retail sales by law force an "implied warranty of merchantability" and "implied warranty of applicability for a particular purpose."
    If a defective lawn mower cuts off my feet while using it, it doesn't matter if the manufacturer inserts a passive disclaimer pre-denying blame into the box. Regardless, they ARE to blame. Now if someone scalps themselves trying to give themselves a haircut with the defective mower, then that is not a reasonable application of the lawn mower's purpose. So the disclaimer on his page is meaningless, except makes me worry he knows something we don't? Clearly, he is worried folks will hurt themselves using his product.

As a consumer it's 100% offensive.
    It's also against VISA/MC ToS, various interstate commerce regulations, FTC rules, and jurisprudence in general.
    If a defective torch explodes in someone's face, that disclaimer means nothing. No merchant bank I work with (or have ever worked with) would give a merchant account to someone who has such an official statement related to products being sold. One of the first documents we would want to see is proof of insurance against such potential claims (insurance company's may want to see test data). Failure to possess the insurance would indicate a very risky business perhaps incapable of sustaining business activity and therefore increasing the probability of credit card fraud for the merchant bank.
  • Pud
    wonder if the concern is the butane torch being in a confined space in the base. If it leaks there would be a pretty large amount of “free” butane next to an even larger amount still in the cylinder
  • Pud
    Coming soon!... custom touches...

t1k5k154c3gbhzf6.png
  • Tdog420
    id say its still way safer then sucking on burning coils or plastic lol. Im in no way scared. What could go wrong the torch blow up???? You take the same risk w any torch you buy. I feel the disclaimer is there so they arnt liable for dumbasses who burn themselves or damage the torch due to miss use. Either way there isnt a lot of working parts or things that can go wrong w glass. The electric rigs worry me a lot on safety and health issues the rio not so much. Way less factors to be worring about imho.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment