Why not a thread just about dab rigs? Show them, explain them, rate them, love them hate them, lol.

I do not yet have one other then a newly acquired Rio. I’d like to build a nice one but want to take my time and experiment with less expensive gear. I was thinking of starting out with a Mjarsenal URSA Kit with the opaque banger and bubble cap. Nice little kit for $65?
    https://mjarsenal.com/products/mini-dab-rig-bundle-pack

But just don’t help me out, show your rigs!

qardny79suj4h4vk.jpeg
    Wow, Great thread! :lol: :lol:
    This time with some rosin.
  • EconMan
    I’d like to build a nice one but want to take my time and experiment with less expensive gear. I was thinking of starting out with a Mjarsenal URSA Kit with the opaque banger and bubble cap. Nice little kit for $65?
    https://mjarsenal.com/products/mini-dab-rig-bundle-pack

Actually, I think that is a nice value for a newbie. It is little "short" for me (I have a strong fear of water getting in my mouth :vomit: ) BUT many people prefer the smaller rigs. Easier on the diaphragm, and some argue the smaller rigs taste better because they don't use as much water?

For small rigs, I REALLY like this Toro knockoff. Paid $25.
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/toro-glass-bong-oil-rig-5mm-thickness-banger/410208998.html
    It hits so well with no "chug-a-lug". "Weak lung" people will love it. Very little diaphragm is required (unlike "El Dose" also shown below which requires a lungfish)
    9v5heb1wxuk7bkkf.jpeg

I tend to spend my big money on bangers and caps. The right cap for a particular user and banger is pretty important for an ideal dab. Indeed, my Carb Cap buying lately is becoming a sickness. I have more caps now that bangers -- lol :nerd:
  • xaced
    I thought it would be cool to get a really small rig, but my rig tips over with a banger in it. I recommend a small to medium stable rig with little diffusion. If you're looking for a really nice dab set up, I find it's hard to beat a nice spinner cap and some pearls. Although it is personal preference, some people will prefer inserts, cold starts, or traditional dabs.

ho1zj46tvkubudao.jpg
  • Bad Dog
    This is my current set up, not the best in the world but it gets the job done.
  • fatbiker
    Why are dab rigs so small? Is there any benefit to having s smaller unit?

The little slit perc that is used on the Rio is excellent! Sitting in the Rio rig it might look bigger but it’s very small and works great. I have read they are good for flavor and less filtration. Others(oil rigs) brag about crazy filtration so I guess it’s up to the user.

I have and love that piece, love how you can look down into the can and see the cloud build.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    Easier on the diaphragm, and some argue the smaller rigs taste better because they don't use as much water?EconMan

I also think its because theres less glass collecting reclaim aswell, lets your lungs get that gunk instead :monkey: this is why im a big advocate of hot water you can get the same effect that a lil 3in rig has but in a managable size in my opinion.
    One day i would like a mini rig in the collection im sure i would use it every now and then, but it could never be a daily driver for me.
  • Baron23
    Well, I kind of lost my mind for a bit and have more dab rig glass than I use....and I just sold two pieces. sigh

But, this is what I do have and use at the moment:

Bates & Worm External Diffusion Pump. I think this is the OG diffusion pump
    h6y1w1vlto5x91fp.jpeg

Phatt Ass Glass Hover Perc - one of my favorites
    zp8mnvt5xjjfrwis.jpeg

Phatt Ass Glass Recycler - not a big recycler fan but others love them
    79s9n4y0sblgkckv.jpeg

And the Mobius Atom with Mobius Disk Drop Down - Def my favorite along with the hover perc
    270969fl9lq4qkd4.jpeg
  • Bad Dog
    I actually bought it for use with my G43 but that doesn't look like it is going to be a reality this time around. I'm not a big believer in unitaskers, so my rig does double duties. I do plan on picking up something more dedicated maybe a recycler as I haven't used one yet.

I'm quite happy and impressed with it. I like watching the clouds too, it's really useful with my Ditanium and I know when to spit out my preinhale. It just so happens I did a dab in it today, I like its draw resistance and having a close up view of the banger so I can fiddle with the bubble cap and spin the terp pearl. It was very nice squeezed in mid morning dab and I even managed to do a little yard work as well, I know I'm superman :lol:

I like the look of the rio and I'm a fan of cold start dabs but not really sure what the shipping would be to Canada plus the need for replacement bangers and I've decided to spend my money in other areas for a little while. How are you liking it? Is it as easy and consistent as Troy sez?

The Rio is so easy, it was my first glass banger and torch experience and I love it! Made me want to play with glass and fire way more often, lol.

Nice Baron, thanks for sharing!
  • Baron23
    Thanks 52. Some time ago I swore I would never pay the money for USA glass....but. haha

The other pieces are very nice, but I have to say that the quality of the Mobius rig is just obvious on the face of it. Its just done utterly correctly. And I used to sneer at folks who would pay for Mobius....well, now I know.

The Mobius Atom was my 66th birthday present to myself.

When feeling flush, look them over. I like The Cave Smoke Shop for high quality glass and I have always received excellent CS from Jay, their online sales manager.

Cheers

Yup, when I saw how much Mobius glass was I said no way, now that I have seen what a lot of other US glass goes for it’s not so bad. Someday, just need to decide on the right piece and maker. There are a lot of private glass blowers in Colorado for me to check out locally now and as I learn more of what I like and don’t care for.
  • Dr green thumb
    trlxged09p4ul4bj.jpg

sole0g2l6bvkfcuc.jpg

Really liking my new coil from 710coils went with the 30mm axial coil and banger. As always top quality.
  • Bad Dog
    Glad your digging it. Aside from hash I'm new to concentrate and so far I'm very happy with my dabbling. I try and save it for when my back is out but sometimes like today I just indulge and enjoy it immensely.
    Nice beveled edge on the banger. I bought one thinking it is beveled but it’s not. That will be my next venture, might go with an ebanger instead of the Dcup, same 30mm size dish. I was looking at the Micronail Troy @420vapezone reviewed after using for a few months I believe. @Baron23, now I wish my NV controller was wired like the 710 coils and I don’t believe @NewVape420 has an axial coil? No idea if they are necessary but I like the concept.
  • Baron23
    Shanes stuff is top notch for a good price and he's a prince of a guy.

Very nice set up.

NV used to sell adapter cables but seems to not do so anymore. Sorry.

As far as axial vs barrel...I have both and its a bit of a trade off. 'trates tend to run from heat so some folks note that with axial the 'trates will run up the side of the banger more.

TBH, I can't tell much of a difference. To me, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Others may differ on this, though.
  • Mangu
    When you do take the dive, I recommend reaching out to 710... and I think he’s currently running some kind of promotion. I don’t own either but have convinced people to get both; and I recommend a setup from 710 with the. I’d get controller over the cheap microenail kit. They’d both cost you about the same up front, but from what I’ve now learned: the CS from 710 is pretty much unbeatable.
  • Azn2101
    20191025-102443.jpg

The Diffusion Pump idea for dabs is such a great one. They came out with a new version with a Sovereignty Glass style pillar MP Tube and it does look like it would give a better look into the banger which is my only gripe about this cause but can easily be fixed with a 90° drop down to the side.

Also Shane is a great person to do business with.
  • fatbiker
    Looks nice!

Do you have a stand for the banger? I'm curious how to store the banger when it's hot and you want to remove it from the rig.

No, not yet. Suggestions anyone?
  • EconMan

Ordering this now. Too cool. :cool:

FYI, it’s hard to get the cork out one handed and it’s not very stable, see how the iso side tank doesn’t go all the way down and does not touch. I have not tipped one over and don’t expect to but just letting you know.
  • Baron23
    No, not yet. Suggestions anyone?52

Well, this is probably more than you want, but Huffy Glass made me one of their dab stations and they will put as many arms and terminations on it as you want. In my case, I had one of them terminated in an 18mm female joint.

nwp87wily6yd3nqs.jpeg

But, you can find cheap glass joint stands. Bud sells/sold a version with the G43 at one time????

https://shop.vapelife.com/products/glass-stand-18mm

And there are bunches on DHGate

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/18mm+stand.html

Even available on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18MM-Female-Slide-Holder-Stand-For-Glass-Bowl-Slide-Piece-Adaptor-/223281042637
  • fatbiker

I was looking at those on eBay and DHfate. However, I’m skeptical about it tipping over with a coil and banger hanging on it.
  • Baron23
    Well, my Huffy dab station has wide enough of a base so that it can handle even my Liger which is kind of heavy.

I believe that most glass guys by ground glass joints pre-made and attached to a length of glass tubing. I may be wrong on that, but it would appear that any local glass guys could make one up for you with a wider, heavier base.

Alternatively, take one of the DHGate stands and epoxy it to a piece of stone....like a small piece of marble or granite or the like which you can get from scraps at any counter top company.

Just a thought.
  • fatbiker

Just a thought...? That’s a damn good thought :-) I knew I stuck around this forum for a reason
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment