• Lucic and Chong
    With Black Friday sneaking up on us, I decided that the E nano will likely be the vape that I treat myself to this year. It is generally very liked by the community on here and I feel like it would be a great compliment to my collection.

I am just curious about the difference between the fixed glass and adjustable stems, if anyone has tried both please give me your input.

My vape logic tells me that the fixed glass may have a bit more draw resistance, with holes similar to the Solo 2 stem. But that they would also be easier to maintain. I find that with most of my vapes with screens that I have to clean, or change out, the screens quite regularly otherwise they affect the draw and performance.

Is that close, and is there anything else that I may be missing with the differences between the 2?

I've added a poll for anyone that may have a preference.
    1. Fixed glass or adjustable screen stem (11 votes)
        fixed glass
        45%
        adjustable screen
        55%
  • Baron23
    No, I don't find any significant draw resistance with the glass gauze.

But, with the glass gauze the holes are bigger so if you like to vape big chunky pieces, its good to go.

I have both and really only use the adjustable basket screen stems....mostly because they are adjustable and I like fine grind.

Cheers
  • okla68m
    I also have both and use the Glass screen 99% of the time...Super easy to clean, I find the baskets a pain....the glass is Consistent, from a Crumb to almost a Session load, Chunck to Medium grind, depending on strain...I leave it set on 6.6.....had it almost 2 years, never missed a beat. Didn't like Replacing that glass stem after I Melted/Broke it(dont ask), ouch.
    Well worth the money !
  • Hapo
    ...I hate the screen in my E Nano...it is the only thing that I do not like aboot it...

...I find it a constant nuisance and always have to use that gauge tool to place it properly so it vapes well...

...it's not like it is really "adjustable"...

...I do not like that I did not receive any extra screens with it...

...I lost one and have only one worn screen for it...

...one of these days I will order a glass screen WPA and be done with it...

...I only use it with a WPA and a bong...it's a desk top vape so why use a stem...???...

...my E Nano has cracked but I don't want to send it away...
  • BestBuds
    I don't know why but my glass screen adapter started to chip glass into my bud. I actually put my avb in a pot and burned it to ash to see if there was glass and there was glass dust about the size of sand amongst the ash. I tossed it and use the adjustable screen only now. I don't like that I possibly breathed in glass particles.
  • okla68m
    I got tired of the basket screen getting Clogged, restricting flow and getting out of place. After adjusting my technique to the glass fret stem, I've never looked back. I broke my OG glass one, banging/emulating a Nectar collector with Concentrate I made before I got my SAI. $25 for a Stem was expensive, I'll take better care of this one. Would Never go back to the Basket screen unless I break the Glass Fret stem.
    This is why there's Chevys, Fords and Alfa Romeo's, we're all the Same, but, Differant !!!
  • maryotten
    I am strongly considering the e-nano, and I suspect I would have problems adjusting the steel screens. But if you have the fixed glass one, how do you do a small load? I thought that you controlled the size of the bowl by adjusting the screen, and with a fixed screen, you can't do that.
  • BestBuds
    Exactly why I don't like the fixed screen. I got a long wooden spoon from the dollar store for, you guessed it, a dollar. I just cut off the spoon part and sharpened it to a flat point. It's my go to eNano stir tool. Perfect for adjusting the screen too :cool:
  • okla68m
    I got tired of having to Adjust, Clean the metal screens. Strictly use the Fixed stem. Depending on Load Size determines How you draw on the stem. From One draw Kills it, to 2-3 draws to finish it. Soo much easier to get Consistant results and Clean the holes when clogged with Reclaim. You dont have to Worry that its Moved or Clogged. You Dont have to Adjust It, it Stays the Same...You adjust to It instead !
    LOVE MY NANO !!!!
  • Baron23
    I find the basket screens very easy to use and very easy to clean as well as being adjustable for load size to an extent.

I have glass gauze stems, but find the holes are too big for my preference (I tend to grind fine) but if you are a hand tear person or coarse grind, it may work well for you.

As far as small loads, if you set the basket screen using the tool that they give you to measure depth in the stem, then its about a .7 - .8 g load with fine grind and less with coarse or hand torn.

How small of a load are you looking to do?
  • Lucic and Chong
    I ended up getting both, and I find that I use the fixed screen way more often. I just hate having to clean screens, even though it's not difficult at all.. But as you can see from the responses, it's very much a personal preference, and they both work just fine.

As for small loads, I find that I usually use about 0.05- 0.08 per load, and that's with the fixed glass. Or about 2 good draws and a cleanup. If you're using less with the fixed glass, just bump the heat up slightly as the herb is farther away from the heat, since you can't adjust the screen location.

As for the basket screens, as has been mentioned on here before, I found the easiest way to adjust it is with a chopstick.
  • maryotten
    I've never used a vape. I've been using oil-based tinctures, but they take a while to kick in, and so I was hoping to micro-dose with a vape just prior to going to bed. Looking to fix a very long standing insomnia problem, so I figure the load should be small, just until the tincture, also a relatively small dose, kicks in. I'm actually not even sure how I will measure the herbs, since there isn't any sort of accessible scake that I'm aware of that would weigh something so small. I'm figuring to just tear off a pinch and see what happens.
  • BestBuds
    with the wooden poker tool I mentioned before I think you could find a depth that works for you and make a little notch for how much bud you want in the bowl. Then you can sip up the ground herb into your bowl like a straw. Then use the wooden tool to lightly tamp the herb and with a second notch cut you can push the herb into the bowl enough so it doesn't touch the heater and know exactly where to stop. when your done with that bowl you can just blow the "Already Vaped Bud" aka AVB in to trash or a container of you want to save it.
  • peteathome
    Has anybody else tried Epicvapes Ice Stem? It's a fix-screen stem with 8 or 9 large borosilicate balls in it and crimped near the top. It's been a real game-changer to me - you can take as hard a draw as you want without any lung irritation. The balls cool the vapor and only slightly increase the draw resistance. I am loving this stem. It cools as well as vaping through water without the effort/mess of using a water device. It cleans as easily as a regular stem - I drop it in a small jar with iso in it, give it a few gentle shakes and it's clean. The crimp at the top gives a flatten mouthpiece that I also like.

My only dislike is the fixed glass screen. This is necessary to keep the glass balls in but I prefer the adjustable screen, mostly because it has less draw resistance and is better at screening out any Scoobie Snacks.
  • peteathome
    Cleaning the basket screen - I never remove it from the glass stem. I have a glass jar with iso alcohol in it. I put the stem in it, screen and all, give it some gentle shakes, let it soak for 30 seconds, take it out and run some water through the stem, then blow out any water and it's ready to go. It takes about a minute and it is sparkling clean. I never let it get too cruded up as I like a clean stem at all times so I don't know if this would work on a really dirty stem. I typically clean every 3-4 uses as I find a dirty stem obscures the flavor of the herb. I've been doing this for 4 years and I still have the original basket screen in the stem. Most of the original alcohol, too :-)
  • okla68m
    You can purchase scales that weigh 0.01(+/-0.02 for less than $30 on Amazon. Im prescribed a med, an 8 mgs tablet, I only take 1.5-2.0 mgs. The tablet weighs 0.40 gms...i dose 0.10gms of it, equalling approx 2.0 mgs. Been doing that for 3-4 years.
  • maryotten
    I am not surprised that such precise scales exist, but what does not exist is a scale that a totally blind person can use. It has to talk or have some other way to know the weight that does not involve sight.
  • BestBuds
    Here is that Scoop tool I told you about. It's probably a easier way to dose without spending lots on a speaking scale. Use coupon code VAPECRITIC

Click here
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet