• Gergin
    Right. You know what I do? I clean it right after using it, scraping the black tar out with some pot tool I have. Comes right out. After the iso soak I use a toothbrush to scrub it up, rinsing with hot sink water. Works Everytime as long as I clean it every 2 weeks.
  • Karec
    Never had a problem with cleaning the Crafty, is really straight forward, the CU i just soak and (like you) use a toothbrush and rinse with hot water after, i use the same mesh of the bowl in the CU and makes it a lot more cleaner. over the time. Cleaning the bowl i remove the mesh, turn upside down and iso it, in the end burn off and ready to go. If its a pain to do? not really, especially if you have a IQ... now thats a pain to clean... my problem is i have a working Crafty with damaged body plastics where attach with the CU...its not under warranty so what will prevent it to work in the near future is those plastics.... not hardware electronic or electric problems...
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • Gergin
    Huh. That's interesting. I don't have the brown. My Mighty has a little dark stuff at the top of the chamber, the Crafty is still shinny. Both are set at 370° Maybe your weed is too dank and sticky! Lol (not a bad problem to have)
    Switch to Indica's so you can't get up and clean. Lol jk
    That's a bummer Ram. Sorry about your experience.
    The pursuit of flavor never ends. Bought a G43 yet?
  • Ram1
    No not sure if can get any more vapes by mail.. in India the government decided to ban all vapes after the recent vaping illness .. would love to get one though.. tried getting milana they don’t ship outside the Usa and Canada.. only snb products came no problem as they classified it as a heating element
  • VapeCritic
    Yo dudes, don't buy this until u hear what i have to say about it, there's more going on here than anyone is noticing
  • Magicman
    El jefe is listening.
  • Wize Owl
    The thought of crafty plus lasting as long as mighty is whats appealing but I'm not sold on any S&B products yet
  • ScubaFlavour

Your live review of the Crafty- (Crafty Minus) was totally on point. I share the same thoughts you genuinely expressed in your live video.
    It is totally unacceptable that they removed the filling tool and the other required accessories.
    Thing that you didn't mention yet: remember that good old fat instruction manual? It's gone too.
    I believe new Crafty users will have a hard time due to the lack of instructions and important accessories.
  • ScubaFlavour
    It would be really interesting to disassemble the old and new Crafty and see what really changed under the hood though.
  • justjustin
    You can get the full version of the manual online and in the S&B App. It covers everything
  • birdplane
    good point cause a lot of people imo prefer the crafty but end up going with the mighty for overall performance (battery life). With the crafty closing in on the mighty in that aspect it makes the crafty much easier to choose.

Also toothbrush gang :lol:
  • Wize Owl
    @birdplane toothbrush gang is that some other forum stuff lol
  • AsUwish
    Mighty is still overall S&B king. Crafty+ has a stronger heater and will cook your herb through if left idle. Vapor is not as cool/comfortable but that could be due to size. Battery life has been better than my current 2 year old Mighty but I guess that's expected at about 6-7 sessions (low led, vibrator off, 300s s/o). Still, fits my needs and since I paid for it, I guess I like it lmao. Looking forward to Bud's comparison with the of crafty.
  • Baron23
    So, I only watched the first 15-20 minutes of the last LS on the Crafty. I just have a hard time sitting there watching an hour LS that's not...well, a LS! haha Just ADD me.

So, I'm not going to defend S&B and Canopy. Yes, they are clearly extend the life of their rather dated product line with small incremental changes. Certainly not what we want but its a common tactic. I offer the Ford F-150 as an example.

If they are doing this, as I suspect, to generate some kind of immediate buzz with minimal expenditure, then I'm ok with that as long as they have a real design effort for a truly new vape that will be released down the road a bit. But none of us really have any assurance that they are doing this at all.

The one thing I will comment on is the lack of accessories. The S&B brush is absolutely needed and is a very good brush. Not including it is a travesty IMO.

The loading tool....I have one for my Mighty, I used it once I think, and I may have even tossed it out. To me, its a POS and I just load using a scoop....same as I do with every other vape... with no issues. I do know that others view the loading tool differently and it does seem silly to remove such an inexpensive item.

Now I understand that many actually like the S&B grinder that they no longer include. But me personally, I'm not using a plastic grinder. FFS, people bitch constantly about a PEEK exterior case but would then use a fucking cheap ass plastic grinder? I don't understand that. But again, very low cost item so why piss people off by deleting it from the bundle.

I personally wouldn't miss the wall wart on the USB cable because they seem to be reproducing in my house. I have a whole draw of that stuff that came with vapes and almost everything else these days. LOL

I do think them not upgrading to USB C is another travesty.

So, S&B have new masters....really, they are just a division of Canopy....and we will have to see if over time they really are turning into the cheap shit manf that many (maybe incl me) seem to think.
  • Other Side
    I honestly don't see S&B doing any sort of major upgrade/new vape release. They have a history of sitting on the same vapes, no? How long did they go with the Volcano/Plenty before they finally released portable units?

Also I think USB C would be an expected upgrade by most but I do believe there is a size issue vs the micro and I don't expect the Crafty has space to spare.

I agree with you on the accessories too. Most people don't use them, although you'd be surprised how many do. I am always shocked when orders come in for cheapo accessories. The only reason I have listed in the past is by request.

Now that said I do find it kinda shitty to call this and upgrade and take them away.
  • spider
    First off, storznbickle low balled you bud, they know dam well on who you are and they were stingy for not sending you one, I own all the storznbickle vapes, and use most of them except the crafty religiously, I was introduced and educated on all these vapes about three yrs ago by mostly your reviews, which gave me green light on buying,

Which makes it ridiculous they couldn't hook you up? I wouldn't worry about it anyway bud, the main thing that they could have improved was rebuilding the integrity of the cooling unit but these guy's put big orange signs on instead?

Oh, and I just wanted to also add that not having that loading tool is unbelievable!? You seriously need that to get that storznbickle tamp load? You really need those dynamics to go with the ecosystem? Oh well?
  • KFJ
    Doing a review when you are sick and don't have real bud??? Vapecritic and Roy say the opposite???
  • Cl4ud3
    I think he meant Troy :rofl:
  • kebcatmorgan
    Well I remember Bud was taking a shit on the new Volcano as well and ended up using it every day with the tube.

In the end he's selling it, but not because it's shit :D

So let's just wait for Bud to feel better, to get some actual bud and to make a video review.
  • birdplane
    The updates looked so good, on paper.
  • Karec
    im guessing... but Bud did a blind test with both the new and classic volcano and said he didnt notice any difference... i cannot do that so i have take Buds words for it since he helped me to choose all of my Vapes (thx)..... he liked that new feature of the whip but in a 700usd vape was not enough for him so.... and there's is a lot of whips laying around Bud place (no pun intended @Hazel :lol: :rofl: :lol: ) he took a shit on the volcano after getting a faulty device.... and yes he and most of the peeps are just annoyed with S&B....if in a blind test between Crafty and Crafty + people cannot detect diferences... get one if you dont have one that my opinion... or go Mighty
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • KFJ
    I meant Troy
  • Chaotix
    couldn’t have said it better. Mighty goes and goes and works... will buy one when it comes out no questions at all.
  • Chaotix
    I really think that if they bring a mighty + then we’ll go for the update. But in the crafty I just see a bit more battery life.... 300€ is way too much for that
  • HomerSchwag
    I’ve had my Crafty+ for nearly 2 weeks now. I have had the Volcano since March 2005, Mighty since April 2015, 2 Craftys that both died before the end of 2017, so I am very familiar with the performance standards of S&B products on both ends of the spectrum. Overall I’m quite pleased with the Crafty+. Vapor quality is closer to my Mighty than previous Craftys. The heater seems to pack a little more punch without sacrificing any smoothness, so no complaints in the vapor department whatsoever. The airflow has also improved compared to my older models, so perhaps that is the reason I get that extra punch. Battery life has certainly improved, I only vape .1 with the liquid pad, so I got a total of 11 heat cycles with 2-3 draws each. The old Crafty got maybe 6-7 of these cycles when new. Heat up time has also improved, takes about 70 secs to get up to temp, I think the old one was closer to 2 mins. The new casing feels better in the hand compared to the old, the thumb grip feels impossible to drop this one. The only negative was the first time I powered it on there was definitely a factory smell coming from the heater. I ran through a few complete dry heat cycles, then a few more while puffing on some avb, and it was gone. I smell absolutely nothing when it heats up now. The lack of accessories doesn’t bother me because I already have multiple sets from previous purchases, but I understand how it can be disappointing for new buyers. Fortunately I already had the app for some time on my iPhone so I was unaffected by the App Store problem. Any questions let me know.
  • birdplane
    Did you notice a difference in flavor?
  • HomerSchwag
    Flavor is the same as my Mighty.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url