• fatbiker
    @VapeCritic Did S&B not send you a demo unit? I bet they are upset with your review of the Volcano Hybrid lol. Doesn’t look like there is much to review as far as new features or improvements anyways.
  • Bud
    thanks Pud!
  • Bud

this is S&B's faces when my name comes up in the meeting :lol:

"Should we send one to VapeCritic?"

tenor.gif
    Attachment
    tenor (171K)
  • Bud
    i'm reserving judgement until i get a unit but i can't believe how few differences there are :grimace:
  • Bud
    anybody know who TF that splifforhands guy is and why he has one already??
  • Bud
    Hold up, it doesn't have a USB-C port?
  • Terpenetime
    Come on we all know what the real question is will they be releasing a mighty plus which is what we all really want isn’t it. So should I spend this money or wait? I need a serious answer to that question pleaseChaotix

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that a Mighty + will be released within a few months. Whether or not the upgrades will match the Crafty + or exceed them remains to be seen.

Personally I’d wait and see. You will still be able to buy a Crafty + or an old Mighty at a discount if you don’t like the upgrades or don’t think they justify the additional expense.
  • BobCat

First, I LOVE those witty S&B comments. Bud is on his way back.

Ed Spliffy has a decent size IG following. Over 2K. He does something with rap music. Promotes alot.

Apparently he has learning disabilities which I didn't know.

His contention is that Troy's Army was trolling him
    hz72qwsm5jepo0rw.png

n5x7b4ptrkgqj6d4.png
  • BobCat
    They spent more on the video than the upgrades. :joke:
  • Tdog420
    Im ok w the upgrades. My biggest disappointment is only 1 year warrenty and no removable battery. The 1 year warrenty thing is bullsh*t w the defect raite of the og crafty. I realy want to buy one but w only a one year warrenty and crafty track record dang. If they really believed this vape was quality they would offer a better warrenty especialy for 300 dollars. If i new this vape would last 5 years w no problems id buy in a heart beat!!!! Garbage warrenty and no removable battery make me feel this vape wont last!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr i love the other new improvements as i already felt crafty was bomb while it worked.

So i want to not be a hater at all but even me who wants to be super positive still p*ssed about the overall concept. If your not mad about improvements then your mad about warrenty. 1 year????????????
  • fatbiker
    I didn’t notice that they reduce the warranty to just one year. That is a big disappointment. I had to send my Mighty in twice during the first two years.
  • Tdog420
    ya i can deal w just having a removable or at least a 3 to 5 year warrenty. Neither is so lame. I was going to buy one no ?s asked until i saw the warrenty. Now im so freakin torn if its worth it or not.
  • 420vapezone
    warranty card in crafty+ says "+1 year warranty for free. Register your Crafty+ to extend your warranty to 3 years"
  • Tdog420
    o shit!! Thanks so much for clarifying. I realy never want any misinformation out there. I thought i clicked and read everything and didnt see anything about 3 years. Thanks again and i apologize for the harsh remarks. If it is indeed a 3 year warrenty i will pick one up and give my honest thoughts.

I have many many top notch vapes to compare to as well. Solo 2, vapexhale,weed eater, plenty, volcano, g43, etc ....... So i will give a truly honest opinion in a few weeks when i get mine.
  • fatbiker
    Thats great news!
  • meeemeee
    I'm not enthused by another plastic vape.
    Plus I seen inside the old one..looks dreadful and cheap.
    Seems if you use it alot you gonna need that warranty.
    I can can think of better places I'd put my vape dollars.. :nerd:
    Plus you know it's gonna run some silly app that won't even let you run past 210c ha..
  • Pud
    @420vapezone you did click and read everything... says one year on the S&B site, no mention of three years.... by the wording of what Troy says on warranty card, says one year free but register and get 3 years. Wonder if that means during registration there’s the opportunity to buy a three year warranty? Troy can you register yours and see if they are selling you an extended warranty? or do you have to send it back as a beta tester?

Otherwise that’s a huge blunder to not have the mention of three years on their website. It just says extend your warranty by registering on their site under support tab. Interesting I can’t send them a question to support to ask.
  • 420vapezone

the registration link in my QR code gave a 404 error
    will see what I can find
  • Pud
    cool thank you sir
    I see they upgraded the old plastic to new and improved plastic, lol. But seriously I was considering a crafty for my morning coffee, Dynavap was cool when one full bowl did it for me but now I’m sipping on a pax with coffee, very pleasant actually.
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    So when you snake into s&b’s site I’m getting all the way to check out for the crafty + for $279 shipped free 2 day air. Is this correct or a glitch?
  • justjustin
    is the cooling top any different, besides the logo? Inside in particular.

Read on their site that the Crafty+ has 3 pre-set able temps this time?

Vivant recently changed their cool too to Peek plastic and it has a much nicer, high quality feel compared to the other plastic.

Also, what was the original Crafty warranty? Was it only a year?
  • justjustin
    I think the new releases get super damn fast shipping if I rember right
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    Yea but 298 euros is 330$. I think it’s a glitch. Is that retail for a new + $279?
  • Kinick23
    Website shows 279 usd, I added to cart and price was same.. still not a buyer of this one though.
  • Bud
    juzo0ex2st9yj3b9.jpeg

u83ig2eybbk4s2az.jpeg
  • metalmancpa
    Been running my Mighty and Crafty for years. Had to replace the Crafty once several years ago. These are my favorite vapes, but I feel until my Crafty actually dies I can't see spending $279 on the Crafty+.
  • Drew420
    That's how I feel @VapeCritic. Added it to cart. Only good upgrade I see is the "Improved electronics and optimized circuit board". That's if it makes it a better vape.
    If it make the vape last for years and years.
    The 30% faster heat up is nice but that probably the electronics and circuit board. I am just not sold on it.
    Mighty and plenty upgrade doesn't give me hope with the way they upgraded the Volcano and crafty. That's assuming they are both coming
    Looks to me like a quick cash grab for the new owners
  • Mangu
    I know S&B done fucked up when Bud needs to go out and buy his own Crafty+ while all kinds of lames are getting it for free. Bud; Ed Splifferhands is a English dude who raps and posts vaporizers on Instagram frequently. Overall he seems like an ok dude to me, although he always seems to have a back and forth with someone on social media....and it looks like he’s been going through some really tough times with this whole situation where he was the first one with a Crafty+ and a bunch of nut jobs started coming at his neck online. I got nothing against him; but I’m baffled why they wouldn’t have you, the original vape critic, as the first opinion on their “new” vaporizer. The vape review game has been getting super weak for a couple years now, right along with advances in Dry herb vape technology. I didn’t understand you at first, but I do now - it’s spun out of proportion into the realm of cornballs.

Your original Crafty/Mighty review was the reason I purchased the OG Crafty in the first place, and same goes for the Volcano Classic. I think S&B wishes they could have a closer bond with you, à la original MV1 development process, but they’re too proud and overpriced to come back to planet earth any time soon. I’m gonna wait for a Mighty+ before I even look at them again.

As much as I loved the simplicity and portability of the Crafty, I hated cleaning my plastic mouthpiece because it clogged up after too much use. I couldn’t rinse it in iso because it weakens the plastic and peels of the sticker. I couldn’t scrape it with metal because it’s friggin plastic and scrapes off particles. And I hated the constant state of paranoia of having to return it for RMA again (3x for me) because it could break down at any moment. It’s not a bad device, you made that clear many years ago when they first released the S&B portables, but S&B has been slacking for far too long now and this whole new release has only put me off from this company and left a bad taste in my mouth...Not as bad as the other much cheaper plastic vapes that Troy shills, but bad enough that I just don’t know if I’ll be getting any more of their vapes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment