• Terpenetime
    Or am I missing something in that these devices are very different from each other in terms of components besides the woodVapeVirgin

What you may be missing is just how few examples of these vapes are out there, so the opportunity for comparisons will doubtless be very limited. I’m currently waiting on the delivery of Nomad I #132, which was the very last Nomad I commissioned, so that gives you an idea of the numbers of those involved. No Nomad II’s have yet been completed. I’m guessing but I’d reckon that the number of Tinymight’s is somewhere in the low hundreds whilst there are probably only around 80 or so P80’s out there. I’ve no idea about the Lil Bud Elite.

I’ve only had my P80 for a couple of weeks so I’m still experimenting with it but it’s clearly a top tier vape in its category. I’m currently using the session mode more than on demand but it’s still early days. I started off by loading material between the internal and basket screens but have progressed to loading the basket itself, which appears to be no less effective despite the smaller load size. The flavour is excellent and the temp control appears very accurate. Cleaning requirements are so minimal as to be almost none existent. The build quality is also excellent.

Quite honestly, I’m not expecting the Nomad to perform quite so well as the P80 although I’ll obviously be extremely happy if it does. However, to judge a Nomad by the same parameters as others vapes somewhat misses the point in my opinion. The appeal to me was for an artisan vape, designed from scratch by one man and manufactured entirely by hand in his workshop to my specific requirements. I’ve yet to receive mine but the journey to date has been uniquely enjoyable, so much so that I’m currently deliberating the specification of my Nomad II (#45).

I’m sure that I’ll also buy a Tinymight at some point. The reason why I haven’t to date is because of aesthetics rather than performance. I’m not a fan of the wood he’s using currently but with rumoured production aspirations of 1,000 units a month, I’m sure that other woods will become available at some point. There are also a few other fit and finish issues that I’m sure will be resolved in due course, hence why I chose to bide my time on this one.
  • Microvaper
    I've been cleaning my TM in some brand new iso that I have finally acquired at a semi reasonable price! I have been pinching the tiny o rings on the side of the cooling unit to remove them before Immersing the CU into a jar of iso. I noticed this morning whilst I was reassembling the unit that when the CU was sliding into place in the mouthpiece, one of the o rings would come out of place. I'm guessing that's because it has begun to stretch or warp slightly from being removed (via the pinch method) I see on FC someone recently claiming that they clean the cooling unit in 99% iso WITHOUT removing the little o rings. Also another user saying that the maker of the TM has confirmed that those little o rings are safe to be dunked in iso. So I was wondering, do any of you guys dunk the whole CU in iso without removing them ? And also, what is the best way to remove the o rings without having them stretch over time and become as nuisance.
  • BestBuds
    I often rinse in iso. It's the soak in iso that I hear can dry them out and cause them to break.
  • LabPong
    And also, what is the best way to remove the o rings without having them stretch over time and become as nuisance.Microvaper

Get rid of the soft clear o rings.....get the red ones. I think the manufacture now uses them. There are 3 or 4 variants of the silicone food grade o rings.....clear, black, blue, red. I believe in that order with clear being softest.
  • Microvaper
    I wonder where a rinse becomes a soak? Is a 5 minute swill and shake considred a soak? Im guessing so. Probably best to keep removing them then. I usually dunk the CU for at least 5 minutes

get the red onesLabPong

I've not heard of this before! Thanks! I'll look into that.
  • Gman
    It's on its way, can't wait!
  • LabPong
    It's on its way, can't wait!Gman

Good deal....you will be happy!

Time for me to order my 2nd one.....hehehehe
  • LAWTHEONE

Same here shipped yesterday!!!
  • Gman
    sweet, we are gonna have a TM party next week!

you guys sold me on it for sure. I can't wait!
  • Will90
    I keep hearing about how awesome this thing is. Can you stop triggering my VAS, please? :grimace:
  • Gman
    man this stay at home crap is not helping. I ordered that new airvape legacy as well. But I'm still using a 10 yrs old pax, so I deserve it :)
  • Will90
    Oh well, you were due for an upgrade for sure! Enjoy. :up:
  • Gman
    thanks man :up:
  • Taz
    @Gman Could I ask you when the order was made? Haven't heard anything about mine and its a couple of weeks now.
  • Gman
    Begining of Feb. But it shouldnt take over 2 months anymore.
  • Taz
    @Gman Thanks mate. Just checked my order and noticed it was placed on the 16.April. Feels longer than it is :rofl:. Fingers crossed Its not too much longer.
  • Chandler
    Could I ask you when the order was made? Haven't heard anything about mine and its a couple of weeks now.Taz

Thanks mate. Just checked my order and noticed it was placed on the 16.April. Feels longer than it is :rofl:.Taz

LMAO
  • Taz
    @Chandler Yeah good one isn't it! I had also a laugh about losing time so much.
    I blame the lock down in Tasmania and my harvest :yum: (shit turns out to be really good :strong: )
  • Gman
    So what should I do exactly when mine comes in? I saw some posts about it needing a good clean first? How thorough?
  • Bruce
    I wish no vapes had plastic, rubber, or silicone anywhere.
  • MunicipalBlack
    There is a metal ring where the stem goes that can be unscrewed. Take that piece, the red o-ring, the metal sleeve and the screen out. Make note of which way the screen comes out. Clean your stems as well obviously. Some are taking them right apart but I don't think that's necessary. Then dry everything off and get blasted!
  • ScentNomad
    Make note of which way the screen comes out.MunicipalBlack

Wider rim up.

I only rinsed the tube and the cooling unit with hot water, not sure if that was even necessary.The unit itself will arrive clean, although I saw some having a hard time with the wood finish and / or the metal parts not being clean. For me there was no problem at all.

Not sure how the wood is treated with current batches, but you might want to apply some beeswax at some point. They used to be send out in a pretty dry state.
  • MunicipalBlack
    You reminded me, I should have said, although I cleaned my unit the iso soaked q-tips came out completely white. And yes, butter that wood up. Sticky Brick butter or wood conditioner safe for cutting boards should be fine. My unit was very dry and looked much better after I treated it.
  • Derek
    So is this thing better then the mighty?
  • LabPong
    I keep hearing about how awesome this thing is. Can you stop triggering my VAS, please? :grimace:Will90

Who....Mwa? Pishawwww hoser! :halo:

I only rinsed the tube and the cooling unit with hot water, not sure if that was even necessary.The unit itself will arrive clean, although I saw some having a hard time with the wood finish and / or the metal parts not being clean. For me there was no problem at all.ScentNomad

Mine needed big cleaning only on the aluminum parts...they had a lot of machining oil on them still....so I only took the vape apart enough to clean all the metal I could....DO NOT TAKE OFF THE BOTTOM METAL PIECE FROM THE WOOD BODY!!!!!!! You will mess it up and not get it back together most

But....just do you best to use q tips with ISO then water.....dry off and go to town on heat setting 6. I normally use 5.5 to 6 for heat settings. I use only upside down with an RBT stem in a water rig. I have no need to go hotter unless I am doing concentrates on a stone with it.

So is this thing better then the mighty?Derek

Yes, it's just like Steve Austin.....they built it stronger and faster....and it's also smaller.

Not even a fair fight!
  • Terpenetime
    Yes, it's just like Steve AustinLabPong

Other than it doesn’t cost six million dollars! :rofl:
  • Gman
    Thanks man. Now I do have a bar of beeswax, do I need to mix it with oil or just melt and apply?
  • Gman
    Thanks man, I will do this deep clean.
  • ScentNomad
    Thanks man. Now I do have a bar of beeswax, do I need to mix it with oil or just melt and apply?Gman

Just apply a thin layer of the wax, let it sit for a few hours and then polish the excess off with a piece of cotton cloth or stuff. I had to repeat this procedure twice (within a few weeks) but haven't felt the need to do so since.
  • Baron23
    Now I do have a bar of beeswax, do I need to mix it with oil or just melt and apply?Gman

Oh, I should think melting it would put too much on it. Just the heat of rubbing your finger on it and then onto the wood should do it. A little goes a long way with beeswax and wood, IME.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment