• SquanchKava
    I am curious which of these two have the best flavor. And which one is the coolest and least harsh on the throat
    per session. I love my Starry so much that I am leaning towards the Fog, especially for the swappable battery function.
  • Chronicles22
    I’ve had both and prefer the fury. The fog was nice for the swappable battery if that is important to you but I find the flavor to be better for longer with the fury. The Fury Edge is a bit more but has pretty good battery life as well if that is a consideration.
  • SquanchKava
    @Chronicles22 thanks. It looks like Fury holds more herb too
  • Microvaper
    Another thing to consider is that the fog mouthpiece is a hassle to clean. It's held on with a metal clip which is really tight and small so makes it very fiddly to remove. To be fair though it's a decent little vape for the price.
  • SquanchKava
    That does sound miserable to clean. I was hoping it would be similar to the Starry which is pretty simple to keep clean and to take apart. I guess I should be happy with how well the Starry works but I kind of want a convection dominant electric vape in the collection too. Since it is getting windy and chilly and not so fun sitting outsde trying to light a butane powered vape
  • Chronicles22
    I would highly recommend the fury 2 or fury edge — they both heat very fast and do a good job with a small amount of material.
  • iamdiosa
    I have all three (though I bought the edge over the fury) so here are my thoughts.

LOVE my Starry for CBD. It's almost exclusively my CBD vape. Nice flavor and don't care if the hemp cooks in there. Easy to clean. Love the bigger chamber. Good heat up time as well.

I like my Fog for the days I'm lazy and just want to temp cycle quickly. It's perfect for that. If you take the plastic mouthpiece off the Fury dosing capsules fit in there really nicely and also opens up the draw resistance. The mouthpiece is a pain to clean, let's be fair, hence using the dosing capsules. You do have to run the Fog on 4-5 to really vape the capsules and can usually run 2 cycles on a single capsule as the capsules to take away from the extraction. Also a great heat up time here.

I bought the Edge because I do like the capsules, but also wanted a more durable vape. The Fog is pretty durable, and if it gets bashed about and destroyed I won't be too upset about it. So it's great for being outside with it. The Edge seems to also be well constructed. Just got it so I haven't had chance to run it through its paces, but I wanted something for when I'm working.
  • Microvaper
    I got my fog out today after reading this. I haven't used it for ages. I vaped some Harlequin and REALLY enjoyed it. The draw is pretty tight but the flavour is pretty damn good! I do enjoy the vapour out of the fog. If they were to release an updated version with an easily removable mouthpiece and maybe a slightly more open draw resistance I would definitely buy it. Its made me realise I need (wife translation = want) a session vape with a non stem loading bowl but don't want to pay mighty prices. Any suggestions?
  • SquanchKava
    iamdiosa, I totally agree about loving my Starry for CBD flower. I think that is what is making me check out the Fog so much. I get tension headaches from too much draw resistance so I best skip the Fog.
  • iamdiosa
    I get headaches too from too much draw resistance - that made me hate the Dynavap. I'm spoiled by the Ditanium and ArGo which have virtually none. But I did find if you take that plastic screen off the lid and use the Fury dosing pods it was MUCH improved in the Fog. But yeah, the draw is tighter than the Starry.
  • SquanchKava

When I was checking out Fog reviews I remember seeing mention of that a Gong adapter fits in the herb chaper instead of using the mouthpiece. That might be a cheap way tp lesson the draw resistance and ease cleaning with the Fog.
    I wish I could set up a desktop unit but I always vape outside because of the kiddo. I hear you on the Dynavaps especially being a CBD flower guy, too many refills and too easy to kick off tension headaches for me.
    My Flowermate is no resistance but doesn't have the oomph of the Starry. My go to vapes for low draw resistance are the Starry for portability and the O'Connell OHV and Doug's Woodery Nova for potency. I have another SBL Runt on the way and I am pretty sure my last one was easy on my head too. Probably even more than draw resistance, I need the vapes to produce vapor fast so I don't have to inhale very long or use repeated inhales to receive vapor.
  • iamdiosa
    I just tried my new Edge and I gotta say it really is great. Low draw resistance, decent flavor and did a good job getting my night sesh going. I have some Fury dosing capsules and they work great in it. If I were shopping now, the Edge would definitely win over the Fog.
  • Bad Dog
    @iamdiosa how do you like your Ditanium for cbd in relation to your other vapes? I find it does a serviceable job but think I might get better results with a smidge less in my crafty. But I also don't push the avb as dark as I could in the Ditanium which I plan on experimenting with the next time my back is out. Sorry to be off topic to the OP
  • iamdiosa
    No worries. :) I LOVE my Ditanium and it is my daily driver. It's the one I actually miss when I don't use it. I don't push the ABV in it as far as I can with others. I had a Mighty and didn't like it. Flavor was decent, but the cleaning... UGH!! I love the flavor of the Ditanium. The Starry is still my favorite for CBD as far as a portable, but my Ditanium does reign supreme here for all around use.
  • SquanchKava
    @iamdiosa for portable CBD vaping, do you still prefer the Starry over the Edge?
  • Bad Dog
    @SquanchKava if you want to tag someone hit the @ symbol in the posting menu then type their screen name in the box that pops up.
  • iamdiosa
    Actually, yes. I like the bigger chamber so I can do multiple sessions with one load at 360 for the first, then 375-290 for the second. In the Starry, the first run through is barely browned, so I can get a second bowl out of it. But I also like the flavor of the conduction on the hemp. I am loving the Fury Edge though with the dosing pods. I'm not sure about the new Edge pods (they look identical to the POTV One pods) and they were "meh" The baskets may be a bit flimsier but you get heat all around and not just up through the bottom.
  • SquanchKava
    @iamdiosa I used your 360 degree setting this morning. I thought the 385 I had been using was a nice setting but the 360 was lovely. Tasty and cool. I did a second heat cycle at 385 to finish it. Only did the 385 for 3 minutes then shut it off. I love how well the Starry works with Bear Blend herbal blends too. A layer of Bear Bear Kin Nik Nik covered with Jazzy strain CBD in the Starry makes for a great breakfast sesh This sort of turned into how great the Xvape Starry is for CBD flower thread instead of help me choose the Xvape Fog or HR Fury (Edge) thread.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment