• LabPong
    How ya like them locked in walls now apple heads? Bummer huh...
  • SmokedFuzz
    I'm pretty pissed. Pax and Firefly apps are gone from the store... still on my device, but gone from the store.
  • Dr green thumb
    Apple thinks you are not adult enough to make your own decisions. Who decided that apple was your parent.
  • Justpassedu
    That sucks , I need my Pax app back . I wonder what Crafty users will do also as the app is very important for that vape.
  • jqcj5
    The article says that existing apps won't disappear and their functionality won't change. You just won't be able to go and download new vape apps.
  • Gonzo
    The vendors will need to make the app available for direct download if it's not available from apple. There are lots of articles about how to install an app on an iPhone without the app store.
  • fatbiker
    I heard this on Bloomberg today. 180+ apps banned from the Apple App Store. I see S&B's app is still active. However, Firefly app is gone.
  • jqcj5
    Maybe S&B is still there due to the medical licensing they have.
  • okla68m
    Apple is a SNOWFLAKE company. Bet they still have their "Nearest Safespot" app for Emotional Protection from Horrid Conservatives !!!
    Your Apple has a Worm in it, Bon Appetit !
  • Other Side
    Another reason why I hate CrApple
  • acstorfer
    It looks like the Ghost MV1 app is gone from the store. That is a severe big deal. Ghost is having a huge sale right now. People will be very pissed off to find there is no app.

It doesn’t need the app for use. There are two custom temperature settings the app is necessary for.
  • okla68m
    Not gone from my Play Store...actually there are 3 apps relating to the Ghost MV1
  • justjustin
    Apple is so lame but they probably got scared like everyone else who doesn't understand that there is a difference between "vape pens" that use cartridges and coils vs. true vaporization.

The media screwed everything up for vaping with their poor research into the subject of the "vape illness" "vape lung" when it actually wasn't a vaporization illness but an illness caused by vitamin e and additives that were added to pen carts.
  • Gonzo
    Yes, I'm sure the people affected by the illness from black market carts didn't use any vape with an app, so it makes no sense to remove them.
  • justjustin
    what are you saying? The apps played a role in the illness?

The point I was trying to make us that people are misinformed and/or just believe the news without doing a little research to truly understand all sides. Now everyone seems to think vaping is dangerous and worse than smoking! I'm speaking of vaporizers like the Volcano, not cartridge pens and I think banning vaping apps just furthers this misconception.

True vaporization is a great thing and has helped many people live healthier lives and lumping "vaping" apps together potentially removes apps that may have a positive impact on health and well being like Gofire health suite for instance. I think awareness and understanding is better than banning.

It doesn't make a difference to me but I don't think removing an app or apps is gonna save lives if that's their motivation, which I'm sure it isn't, probably their precious image or $$.
  • upside
    As far as I'm aware, the following statement (to Axios.com) is the only statement that Apple has made about the 181 vaping-related apps from its mobile App Store:

We take great care to curate the App Store as a trusted place for customers, particularly youth, to download apps. We’re constantly evaluating apps, and consulting the latest evidence, to determine risks to users’ health and well-being.

Recently, experts ranging from the CDC to the American Heart Association have attributed a variety of lung injuries and fatalities to e-cigarette and vaping products, going so far as to call the spread of these devices a public health crisis and a youth epidemic.

We agree, and we’ve updated our App Store Review Guidelines to reflect that apps encouraging or facilitating the use of these products are not permitted. As of today, these apps are no longer available to download.

I'd like to think that this is a temporary measure and that MJ-related apps will be added back at some point. Apple clearly needs a way to segment mature or adult apps apart from the TV show like rating system they employ now.

It's a shame that we don't have better language to use to better differentiate and describe the various types of vaping that exist.
  • justjustin
    "It's a shame that we don't have better language to use to better differentiate and describe the various types of vaping that exist." Well said!
  • Gonzo
    No, I was saying that I don't think any of the vapes that the people with the illness used would have had an app......since I don't know of any vape that uses the carts requires (or has an option) for an app.....so it makes no sense to remove the apps from the app store.
  • Ambush
    Apps are over played. There is no need for them in vaping period.
  • Pud
    Absolutely agree 100%... And this is why I don't want computer chips or Bluetooth or the internet tied into my vapes... it's unnecessary and over complicates and increases the price of the vape.
  • WOLF444

According to the article if you already downloaded an app you can continue to use it on your device - but it sounds like they removed all of the vape-related app listings from the store... So anyone who didn't already download the apps in question will no longer be able to do so (from the Apple store)... This is a real issue for new users of vape products which require app functionality to change temperatures...
  • Other Side
    These companies are going to have to offer download of these apps on their own website. Fuck Apple
  • WOLF444

No need for them according to who? You and your personal preferences?

Ever tried changing the temperature settings on a vape like the MV1? Hold the center button for 3 seconds (then battery indicator shows), then release, then hold the center button for another 3 seconds, release, now in temp mode, click the center button to toggle the temperature setting.... Rinse & repeat if you want to change the temperature again during your session... You also have to utilize the app in order to be able to custom set your temperatures for the two preset temperature settings...

For those of us who like to vape at variable temperatures (during a single session), app functionality is a must for the devices that do not allow for easy/quick temperature adjustment...
  • Ambush
    Easy techy. Take a breath. I just painted everyone with an mv1 with one brush. My opinion is just that, this isn't a "change my mind" episode. @WOLF444
  • WOLF444
    Excuse me, you said there was no need for vape-related apps "PERIOD".... As in, you've taken it upon yourself to make the final declaration and there can be no valid reasons or exceptions as to why someone would need app functionality with their vape...

I don't need you to change your mind, I'm letting you know that you are incorrect/misinformed when you declare with finality that there is no need for app functionality with vaporizers...
  • Ambush
    Your excused.
  • Ambush
    Swipe,,,,,, see not only apps fail on phones etc. You are a true genius. Thanks for the correction. @WOLF444 lol
  • Pud
    If they manufactured the Vapes with the proper number of buttons, etc to make manual changing of temps, etc easy then the app wouldn't be necessary. It is a crutch for the manufacturer, not a necessity... they need to make better products that aren't dependent on the internet. It just isn't necessary and it is ridiculous. I use lots of tools every single day and no internet required..

@WOLF444 you said it yourself...
    "For those of us who like to vape at variable temperatures (during a single session), app functionality is a must for the devices that do not allow for easy/quick temperature adjustment..."
    They need to make better tools that DO allow for easy/quick temperature adjustment. There is no reason they can only put one or two buttons on the device... they could have 6 and it would still be better and cheaper than adding internet accessibility and WiFi/Bluetooth bs on the device..

Obvious there are 2 schools of thought... and I've said it before, we should be offered tools with or without internet capability. I want to pay less as I see the internet capability as worth zero to me. Just like iPads you can buy with only WiFi or internet capable device... and the former costs less than the latter... it can be done, so why don't they? A vape doesn't need to cost $300 it just doesn't ... and MV1 is perfect example.. it cost $300 a couple months ago.. now it's $175.. they aren't losing money at $175
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment