• kek
    Hi guys, I see a ton of grinder but which one is really a no sticky grinder?

All my (cheap) grinder are often glued and it pisses me!
    Not really budget for this, I just want a fucking NO STICKY grinder! Does it exist?

And I want a grinder with screen to keep my lovely trichomes :)

Thx you all!!!
  • EconMan

There is no such thing as an honest "no-stick" grinder. All sticky weed will "stick".
    Hence, I use @HerbRipper SOLID SS grinders. When they start to get sticky, I toss it in the dishwasher. Or you can drop in an ISO bath and brush out without harming the grinder in any way.

I love the dishwasher ability. It's really convenient. Some times if I have a light dish load, I'll make a special trip to get the grinder and toss it in with a few dishes. Automatic DW detergent does NOT harm it like it can aluminum.

So my advice is give up the quest. Buy a grinder easy to clean and keep clean.

lastly, I use a lot of "coarse" grinds in my devices and the Ripper is indeed actually coarse (chunky) if you use the coarse plate.
  • justjustin
    there is or was a non stick grinder called the SLX. It's coated in some ceramic non stick and it really worked. I don't have mine anymore but I never had to clean it
  • OhHello
    Brilliant cut is the least sticky I’ve had in a few years
  • acstorfer
    I have an SLX 2.0. I’ve had it for a couple years. There is practically no stick. I just use my Storz & Bickel brush once in a while and it’s pretty much completely clean.
  • justjustin
    yeah, they're pretty incredibly non stick and it's a good grinder tool. I feel like I had the best kief with those grinders, whether it was the right micron screen or the non stick helped but it just seemed better with the SLX 2.0
  • acstorfer
    yeah, they're pretty incredibly non stick and it's a good grinder tool. I feel like I had the best kief with those grinders, whether it was the right micron screen or the non stick helped but it just seemed better with the SLX 2.0justjustin

Used this morning and this is how it looks

p33ajt5fizrenpa5.jpeg
    bjh8djufotr9b0w4.jpeg
    qunaprrcp3v70682.jpeg
    t0qs4s0xtpi5vp1e.jpeg
  • Terpenetime
    I have an SLX 2.0 and a Brilliant Cut Grinder and the BCG is in a different league, albeit so was the price. It doesn’t have a screen however so may not suit the needs of the OP.
  • ricardo
    i recommend getting any grinder that is not plastic. plastic grinders will always present the issue of sticking.

space case, santa cruz shredder, brilliant cut grinder are all really really good with no sticking
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I've had my large space case for almost a year and have never had to give it a full clean. I do brush it out occasionally but thats it
  • kek
    Thx guys , all those grinders are really nice, I'm very interested by the brilliant cut grinder but no screen..
    What about the Gr8tr ??
  • justjustin
    I use the new Gr8tr everyday and it's an amazing grinder. I cannot comment on the Brilliant Cut but the Gr8tr has some great features and is very nice quality, much better grind and build than the SLX imo. It does get dirty, like all grinders but easy enough to clean.

I really like the low profile teeth and the special design that makes grinding smooth and effortless because traditional grinders get sticky on the sides of the lids but not the Gr8tr with it's special design. This grinder is much better for smaller amounts of herb btw cause the holding chamber is rather shallow.

The fine plate really grinds super fine and is perfect for those looking for the finest, smoothest consistency and I haven't found a finer grind. The holes are so small on the fine plate that you sometimes have to help the herb through the holes when it gets dirty, depending on your herb, how sticky it is, moisture content etc.

They also offer different screens/materials, metal and nylon I believe.. I've had mine since it was released and it's still in perfect condition and there aren't any areas of wear. It's also quite compact, offers a storage spot and holds the other plate when not in use or you can turn it into a three piece or whatever.
  • BestBuds
    I have a Gr8tr it gets gummed up very easily. 62% dank bud? Forget it! I wish I got a brilliant cut grinder. Oh well, next time.
    If I was you I would go brilliant cut. All the top respected reviewers have it in their 1 or 2 spot.
  • justjustin
    that's too bad. What gets gummed up? I've never had an issue gumming up but I grind small amounts, I keep my stuff clean and I like my buds on the dry side.

The Brilliant Cut Grinder doesn't look any different than any other grinder as far as teeth and cutting style goes, so I don't see all the fuss? I like that it pulls apart instead of unscrewing and has a decorative top but I would imagine that will get gummed up eventually too, unless they have it coated with something...the Gr8tr is special/different because of the anti-residue/ anti-friction design of the top that prevents the edges from getting sticky and has worked flawlessly for me, use it everyday but it's just anodized aluminum, so the Brilliant Cut must have something other than an anodized coating. Anyone know?
  • RollingStoned
    I’ve used my Lift innovations for 2 years and never cleaned it once. Have put pounds and pounds thru it and somehow it always manages to self clean
  • Pud
    their site states it is due to their design why it doesn't get gummed up rather than some special coating. From Grinders for Life site:

vnsqq5huwddzlvvq.jpeg

Effortless, Jam-Free Grinding

The Brilliant Cut Herb Grinder is based around a breakthrough mechanical design that greatly reduces friction and metal-on-metal wear. Unlike conventional grinders that align themselves with an inner and outer rim, the Brilliant Cut Herb Grinder primarily aligns itself magnetically but it is also constrained by the interaction between the centering cylinder and the inner teeth. This new mechanical design does not create the residue build-up that leads to jamming, so your grinder will stay smooth no matter how much you use it.
  • justjustin
    ok,that centering cylinder is interesting. I'd really like to try one, they look great and I love that they just pull apart.

Id love to see some more SS grinders or even a titanium grinder if that's possible, probably be expensive as heck.
  • Pud
    Brilliant cut grinders early on said they were planning on doing that at some point, once they are satisfied with the aluminum version was all it could be. Then they will make the SS & TI versions but probably only on a special order basis considering how expensive they will be due to material costs. No idea if that's still their plan or where they are at in that line of thinking. But I'm betting it will be craaaaaazy expensive!
  • LabPong
    Hi guys, I see a ton of grinder but which one is really a no sticky grinder?

All my (cheap) grinder are often glued and it pisses me!
    Not really budget for this, I just want a fucking NO STICKY grinder! Does it exist?

And I want a grinder with screen to keep my lovely trichomes :)

Thx you all!!!
    kek

Your choices would be:
    Herb Ripper
    SLX
    or no screen with the Brilliant Cut....it is a fantastic grinder..best I have had by far. I have a SLX too....it is pretty darn good at keeping sticky's off....but the brilliant cut is not far behind!
  • UbarDog
    Normally I never spend more than £5 On a grinder . Saturday my BCG arrivied - I'm still irked by the price tag and import cost but that lesserns the more I use it.

This thing turns as smooth, as a smooth thing greesed up with smoothy juice .......SMoovieeeeee!

I found that, in the last 3 days I have vaped twice the amount as usal. Just so I can grind some more. I even got some 1/2 dried spongy and ran it through. Not a bit stuck to the grinder ! Ofc giv it some time Im sure it will get some gunk. Still look spotless atm.

20191117-185515.jpg
  • Pud
    which plate did you use in this pic? Do you feel the grind is what the plate is said to be? Thanks!.... and congrats!
  • Cl4ud3
    Your choices would be:
    Herb Ripper
    LabPong

For those recommending the Herb Ripper can I ask why ? It's know to have issues with sticky buds and in general needs to be washed in order to keep it clean, more so than other grinders. So I would like to know why when someone asks for a non stick grinder you recommend one with problems in this area ?

Personally I think it's a waste that you need to put a grinder in a dishwasher to clean it. The Lift and Brilliant cut which I use have never needed more than a brush and so no wasted meds. It should be anything but the Herb Ripper imo.
  • UbarDog

Normally I never spend more than £5 On a grinderUbarDog

Proberly not the best person to ask because when I compare its like Road kill and Wagyu
    Also I Vape less than a gram a day, most days around 0.5 . I like to weight out .5 at a time and In my old grinder I am used to seeing .5 ground and the volume of space it ecompases . This is the Road kill!

So..... On to the Wagyu
    That is a Med plate . You can see the grind .
    Its in no way Fine and not chunky at all . A very good "med" grind.
    All the material is evenly ground with no unground clumps or mashed together material and no excess of super fine particals either.
    I have ground 1.5g up and 0.5 up with the same end results , So its great on small and larger loads.
    With 0.5 the BCG fluffs the flower out in the chamber below and on visual it LOOKS like there is almost twice the amount ground when compared to my old grinder.
    I know its not doubling my product but it treats it kinder and it shows.

Also for the "ageing Vaper" Its kinder on the hands, So easy to turn.
  • Pud
    that all sounds perfect.. and yes, same with these old hands! Thanks again
  • UbarDog
    IMO BCG is rocking and ticking box'es only negative is
    And I want a grinder with screen to keep my lovely trichomes :)kek

If you got some real cash
    The BCG and
    https://iasogoods.com/stainless-steel-storage-container-with-kief-catcher/

Looks like a combo made in trichromia!
    20190610-Iaso6-10-19-184__40743.1560275871.jpg?c=2
  • Taz
    Has anyone seen the Lift SS grinder in real?
    300$!! OMgoosh
  • EconMan
    For those recommending the Herb Ripper can I ask why ?Cl4ud3

Sure.
    First, I don't believe in stick-free grinders. This includes nonstick coated ones. Sticky weed is sticky. The stickier the weed, the grimier the grinder is going to be. It is a Klingon proverb. Some do better than others though. :nerd:
    I have two HR's and I'm very happy with both. It works well on all sorts of weed, including sticky weed, but the stickier the weed the more often I want to clean it. I like all my "weed things" to be clean. I clean all my grinders, so ease of cleaning is an important variable. The coarse works great on my FF2 and Sticky, and I use the Medium for G43 and Dyna. The fine sits unused.

You asked, so my value points in order of my value of them.
    1. Solid "no-coatings" stainless steel is rugged and easy to clean -- you do not HAVE to put it in a dishwasher, you just can if you like. I like. You can brush it swab it, soak in iso, whatever floats your boat.
    2. The grind is good. COARSE is an actual coarse, not medium.
    3. "Firehose" threading makes opening/closing quick and easy (better than BCG im my experience).
    4. It feels good in my hand when used. A different feel from relatively lightweight aluminum (advantages and disadvantages).
    5. Made in the USA.
    6. The owner @HerbRipper seems like a great hard-working young man, and I like him and his apprentice daughter. :heart:
    7. The company seems to be innovative. The current prototype is just fascinating and represents a departure design from any other grinder I've seen.
    8. It is absolutely a weapon. :razz: Throw this at someone's head, they are going down if you throw well.

lastly, for those contentious about my lack of faith in non-stick self-cleaning grinders, even those who sell them need to give "fine print" instructions on what to do when the non-stick self-cleaning grinder starts sticking and gets dirty.

"SLX Grinders are designed to be used with herbs cured at the industry standard 8-10% moisture level. Herbs above 12-14% moisture will cause resin to accumulate. Material should always feel completely dry on the outside and shouldn't stick together.

We have found that in ALL CASES where the grinder is sticking it's due to excess moisture content. Clean you grinder in isopropyl alcohol for a few hours and let it dry. Then use Boveda humidity control packs to maintain the proper relative humidity of your storage environment. This will take care of any buildup problem. Use the 58% packs: https://www.bovedainc.com/support/herbal/rh-level-..."
  • Terpenetime
    @UbarDog I’m glad to hear that you’re BCG’s arrived, in good time too IIRC. Happy Christmas!

I found that, in the last 3 days I have vaped twice the amount as usal. Just so I can grind some moreUbarDog

Yup, been there, done that! :rofl:
  • Cl4ud3
    First, I don't believe in stick-free grindersEconMan

Have you ever used one ?

My question still stands, for someone asking for a non stick grinder why recommend one that fails in that category.
  • EconMan

1. Yes. (have you used the HR? Do you own one?)

2. Your question may still stand -- it is your question -- but so does my answer. You don't have to like it but please don't dismiss it by claiming it wasn't an answer. It was. Obviously, to me it does NOT "fail" in that category or I would not have suggested it, so I dispute the validity of the assumption in your question. And as I said, AGAIN, I do not believe a non-stick grinder exists anymore than the Earth is flat. Sticky weed sticks.

Hence, at least two possible strategies. (1) get a grinder with some sort of coating to minimize the sticking (2) or get one really easy to clean. The Ripper is so easy to clean, I don't care if it gets dirty... and only rarely do I have the "sticky weed problem" anyway (when I do indeed have over-humid and/or extremely sticky weed).
  • EconMan
    This is the Road kill!UbarDog

I love your analogies ! :100: :cool: :joke:

What I LOVE about the BCG is the color choices available to mix-and-match. :cool:
    It must be a PITA logistically -- all those inventory permutations -- but it's really cool for customers.
    My longest used grinder of my life for years, Santa Cruz shredder, I had in multicolored and it was always easy to remember which part went where :) And it looked awesome.
    Then the coating on it started chipping so now it is in a box somewhere rather lonely. :nerd:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment