• Cl4ud3
    1. Yes. (have you used the HR? Do you own one?)EconMan

Just yes :rofl: you have nothing more to add than yes but will go into great detail about things that weren't asked.
    I don't have a HR no, I have no desire to own a grinder made from Stainless steel and that would be the only reason for me to get one. I don't think I've seen any reviews where it performs better than other grinders so it would be pointless for me.

Don't take this as an attack on you or the Ripper, If this was "pick me a good grinder" then I wouldn't have said anything but the question was "Pick a non stick grinder".
  • Terpenetime
    It must be a PITA logistically -- all those inventory permutationsEconMan

It may well be as and when supply surpasses demand. The lead time is currently 3-4 weeks, which is similar to when I ordered mine in April, so everything is built to order.
  • LabPong
    My question still stands, for someone asking for a non stick grinder why recommend one that fails in that category.Cl4ud3

I do not feel like there is any such grinder that is totally non stick! There are just different degrees of it pending on design/finish and the flower condition/type.
  • EconMan

True me friend and Glass God :starstruck:

I reconsidered and now better understand Claud's original assertion: basically why recommend the HR, of all possible grinders, to a person essentially seeking the least "sticky" grinder available (regardless of whether one thinks such things exist)? I should have more explicitly stated a disclaimer around it is most probably NOT the "least sticky" grinder, rather than go into a easy-to-clean paradigm. :nerd:
  • Baron23
    I have used NV Fine Grinder and the Fine Grinder with Arm Band for quite some time and then got the BCG which I use most often these days as I find a fall through type grinder design to be the most consistent.

I used fine grind plate almost exclusively in my BCG.

I personally agree that there really isn't a true "no stick under any circumstances" grinder material or finish.

But I also personally feel that cleaning a grinder every six months or so is not much of a chore. ISO and a toothbrush and I'm good. And, that's about the needed cleaning interval for my level of use. Six months.

I have found all grinders I have owned can use a cleaning from time to time and it doesn't bother me a bit. There is, IMO only, no such thing as the immaculate grinder.

So, for me....rather than looking for some some sort of coating or finish in pursuit of an immaculate, self-cleaning, grinder I just choose the grinder I like based on grind performance.

And with that, I do very much like my BCG.
  • Pud
    and you use BCG fine grind in both Evo and e-nano, right? For the e-nano do you like the 8" adj stem? I was pretty sure you don't like the glass fixed... Thanks! Always a pleasure :)
  • Baron23
    HI Pud - Yes, I use fine grind for pretty much everything.

And yes, I do use the adjustable basket screen stem.....I do have glass gauze stems that I bought, don't really use, but if I wanted to vape hand torn or whole small nug for taste, well...I do have them.

They are the standard 6" stems as they didn't offer the 8" when I bought mine and, TBH, I mostly use a GonG with a carb'd Y adapter like this:

Nano-w-14-mm-bridge-adapter.jpg
  • LabPong
    My question still stands, for someone asking for a non stick grinder why recommend one that fails in that category. — Cl4ud3

I do not feel like there is any such grinder that is totally non stick! There are just different degrees of it pending on design/finish and the flower condition/type.
    LabPong

I forgot to say...also I recommended that the OP should buy the H Ripper for kief separation because it is SS and will last a lifetime most likely. Sure....you can get any $20 to $60 aluminum one....but SS is so much better. You would just have to weigh out the $ vs. useful life and how important stainless steal is to you.

So if $ is an issue with purchase ability/desire....then SLX is a great option.
  • kek
    Thx for all of your posts my friends, now its really hard to make my choice.... Black friday is coming and think a lot of the BCG ;) Do You Know where i can find this grinder in EU website ? My two choices still BCG or Gr8tr.....
  • Terpenetime
    @kek you have to order the BCG direct from https://grindersforlife.com/ . There’s currently a 3-4 week wait and that’s bound to extend if they have a Black Friday Sale, hence I’d keep an eye on the site and get your order in early.

I bought mine when they had a 420 sale in April and the discount pretty much compensated for the customs duties and post office handling fee.

The long lead time is a PITA but if it’s worth having it’s worth waiting for! :100:
  • EconMan
    And with that, I do very much like my BCG.Baron23

They are VERY good grinders. Just because I have a different personal preference (SS either "gets you" or it doesn't) doesn't mean I don't recommend them. I do use and like mine. For COARSE users I don't think the BCG is coarse enough, but I have an early one I think (bought used).

I like having multiple grinders anyway since I have a habit of using my grinders also as storage containers of shredded weed. So multiple grinders work well with multiple weed varieties. :nerd:
  • LabPong
    For COARSE users I don't think the BCG is coarse enough,EconMan

yes.....I just got my coarse plate the other day......it is a medium grind to me....and I like the grind from it. I should of just got the coarse plate only originally I think. They need to redo the plates to be less finer than they are marked...or just add a new super coarse plate.
  • kek

Wow 3,4 weeks!! It's a lot :( don't want to wait all this time... Think I'll try the Gr8tr or an SLX So sad because the BCG interests me a lot
  • Pud
    Anybody know if they are working on like a 3" version? Easier to grip for stiff hands if larger.
  • Pud
    The above post was in reference to the bcg grinder... sorry for the double post
  • Terpenetime
    Wow 3,4 weeks!! It's a lot :( don't want to wait all this timekek

There’s a reason why the lead time is so long... quality is remembered long after the wait is over! :100:
  • Ivan van Ogre
    Will the BCG ever come with a kief catcher?
  • howie105
    I see grinders as tools and if I want a tool to work and last I have to maintain it.
  • cvs8floz
    I finally received my BCG with fine plate in the mail this weekend, shipped regular post from Canada. This was from a Black Friday order with the 10% discount which more or less covered the shipping charge. I have used it for 2 days now, was a bit worried that the fine plate would grind down to powder but that is not the case, the ground material is fluffy and airy and great for pretty much any vape. The mechanism is as smooth as it gets, but you still need to grind back and forth several times and lift and reset the top to get everything into the cup through very small holes. There are a few things I find not ideal with this vape: the bottom magnet is almost too strong, and the post system they devised to lock the 2 bottom parts together when grinding might be genial but I find the post is a nuisance when you grab your material with a loading tool, I would prefer not to have a post. The post would be less of an issue if the grinder were bigger. I also find that neither bottom or top are flat so grinder does not sit flat and tends to spin when you go in with loading tool. However, the quality of the ground material outweighs these minor annoyances.
  • LabPong
    ↪Ivan van Ogre
    hope not.
    Baron23

I agree
  • cvs8floz
    Only used E-nano with glass screen this weekend to test new grinder, also use Evo and Flowerpot on regular basis, only do dry herb
  • EconMan

Sorry, I got confused, but now understand. You just had a misprint.

"There are a few things I find not ideal with this vape" You meant grinder. :)
  • John Cocktostone
    I recently switched to the medium plate. I started with fine for most vapes but am finding medium is a perfect balance.

BCG has easily taken everything I've thrown at it. I dont have to lift and reset as you described but maybe that's just dependent on the bud.
  • Terpenetime
    but you still need to grind back and forth several times and lift and reset the top to get everything into the cup through very small holescvs8floz

That’s not my experience, is it possible that you’re overloading it? :chin:
  • cvs8floz
    The material I was grinding came from the lower branches, I like to take my buds first and then let the plant go for a few more weeks, you tend to get these fluffy flowers with a ton of sugar leaves that stay soft even when dry, not as potent as the main buds but still great for vaping. The teeth of the grinder have a hard time digging into something and the material often wraps around the teeth. Very different from grinding hard buds or older, drier material that basically crumbles apart and falls through the holes after 1 turn.
  • Terpenetime
    you tend to get these fluffy flowers with a ton of sugar leaves that stay soft even when drycvs8floz
    Very different from grinding hard buds or older, drier materialcvs8floz

Ah, that would explain it... context can be so important sometimes :ok:
  • Ivan van Ogre

Get a Santa Cruz Shredder. People usually recommend a Medium size plate but you could get a Coarse plate and just grind and flip until you have the right consistency and with those big holes you'd never have any clogging! Best wishes...
  • LabPong
    ↪kek

Get a Santa Cruz Shredder. People usually recommend a Medium size plate but you could get a Coarse plate and just grind and flip until you have the right consistency and with those big holes you'd never have any clogging! Best wishes...
    Ivan van Ogre

You mean BCG ya?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube