• ricardo
    Deciding between Argo or the solo 2.
    What do you think?! :) (flavor most important to me)
    1. Argo or Solo 2? (18 votes)
        Solo 2
        94%
        Argo
          6%
  • Raw2real
    You are probably going to get most votes on Solo. I have been going for 1.flavor 2 portable. Sounds like Agro is good but gets hot and doesn't match the Solo. I just don't see the Solo as a out of the house portable.
  • ricardo
    I watched sneaky petes video right now on the Argo and he said the argo's hits are almost as flavorful and smooth as the solo 2. I feel we both share similar details: flavor and portability.

I think the solo 2 for me can work just enough in terms of portability since it comes with that little belt clip, I am hoping I can use that easily carry it inside my jacket (I live in San Francisco so I always have to carry a jacket anyways).

I saw your thread too, what are you leaning towards getting? My 1st vape was the MFLB which I actually loved and gave it to my cousin. that device has a much shorter vape path and I never had issues with the vapor being too hot, so if i had no issues with that one I really dont think the solo 2 or argo should be an issue with the vapor being too hot since the glass piece is bigger than the MFLB.

Then i had the pax 2 and I loved its portability but now that I think back, it wasnt the best flavor vape.
    then I had the crafty and loved everything about it except the battery life so that enough to bug/annoy me that I returned it yesterday and now i am seeing what else to buy. lol
  • Baron23
    I just found the Argo to be too light and inconsistent of a hitter for me, personally.

For many, this is the level that they want in a portable.
  • ricardo
    and would u say the same for the solo 2 ?
  • Raw2real
    not to sure which way to go. Both Tera and Argo seem to mark same amount of boxes but not all of them. I'm use to my MV1 and crafty out of the house. Crafty is getting old. Was hopping to just replace with crafty + but unsure of the too I know could get another crafty but was thinking I may find something different. 3rd on my list would be endless battery life. I have a bunch of 18650
  • Baron23
    I have never owned a Solo 2 but did get a friend of mine into one and have used it with him.

More of a conduction component IMO and I thought it hit harder but not smoother or tastier.

But I'm the guy to talk to about taste. At 67, I think my taste buds are shot (LOL) and I truly wouldn't care if it tasted like cough syrup if it gave me the med effects I'm looking for.

But tasting good is indeed better than not...just not my primary objective.
  • bulllee
    I love my Solo 2. It always works, NO BLUETOOTH APP, :rofl: . Always consistent in taste and flavor. the Argo runs too hot for me. IDK why Arizer doesn't use the free flow design tubes but Puffitup sure does and I would suggest their use. Solo 2 is simple to use, and clean with consistent results. Argo hits kinda whispy and warm. The pathway is too short. Solo 2 can also rock with a WPA. When I use a wpa on the Argo it seems the vapor is not as full bodied as the Solo 2. Plus the Solo 2 is cheaper. Argo has replaceable batteries, but the battery life of the Solo 2 is killer, I can vape all day without a charge so I have no need to carry around batteries Heat up time is quick for both. My vote Solo 2 :cool:
  • ricardo
    If I was you deciding between the 2 , I would go with the argo since many people have said the terra is not good in terms of flavor and that the flavor runs way too hot which is why a wpa is included.

whereas many have mentioned the argo has great flavor
  • Raw2real
    yeah that's the side I am leading. With the bubble straw it maybe good but I dont like to hear the light hits
    where do you find the wpa for solo and agro?
  • ricardo
    bro thanks so much for those details, about time someone with a solo 2 provides me some insight! Mind answering a few of my questions for the solo2?

How big is the actual thing? Does its size really hamper its portability? Or does that belt clip thingy it comes with actually really helps to make it portable? Do u use it mainly at home or on the go?

Ive read people complain that the air flow can feel restricted and feel like youre sucking on a thick milkshake. Have you experienced that and can it be really that bad?

Does the vapor really get that hot as some people have complained about?

Also, how many bowls do u usually use with the solo 2 to get u lit?

Thanks bro!
  • ricardo
    honestly bro just go for it and order it! if u dont like it you can always return it and try something else. I am going to say fuck it and order the solo 2 and try it out!
  • Raw2real
    yeah was hoping there would be more info on the crafty + doesn't seem to much interest in the comparison thread tho. Saw vaporcup looks cool would blend in but I doubt it's any good probably good for a soccer mom
  • bulllee
    The belt clip thingy doesn't work. The vapes, plus tubes, or batteries just doesn't fit. I use my Solo 2 mainly at home, although I vacation with it. I wouldn't try using it in a concert. I have a old shaving kit that works out great for carrying it around in.It does have restricted air flow. That's why I bought after market stems that are easy flo models from Puffitup, they are notched at the bottom for increased flow. I also think Sneaky Pete has them. I found the longer the stem the cooler the vapor. When loading do not pack it. just fill and tap out any excess. makes all the difference. I also use a 3D dimpled stem which is 4 inches long. When I use that stem and do a loose pack it's so tasty and cool. As far as how much it takes ? I find the extraction to be excellent without combustion. I like to start vapeing @ 395. My abv is a rich chocolate color. The draw resistance is minimal if used right, Don't try packing it in, less is way better and with a easy flow glass tube your not going to have a problem with draw resistance. It's not a pocket vape but its portable. I think Sneaky pete has a 9 " stem, it's huge. He's a big Arizer fan and he loves the Solo 2 and so do I.
  • ricardo
    omg i did not expect u 2 be a soccer mom LOL (not that it matters). i placed my order on the solo 2.!
  • ricardo
    right on, thank u !I just placed my order from puffitup and they incuded 2 free black glass pieces,1 large 1small.

As long as the flavor is tasty, I dont think ill mind a little draw resistance. btw i see a lot of people use the solo 2 at hight temps. I normally vape at 375-390f, i wonder how thatll work with the solo 2.
  • Raw2real
    lol no not a soccer mom. Was just making a statement about the Vaporcup. Just a nice idea for a vape but probably not good for heavy use
  • Microvaper
    As long as the flavor is tasty, I dont think ill mind a little draw resistancericardo

Then you'll love the solo 2. Produces the best flavor of any vape I have (or have tried) I was also concerned about the draw resistance before buying mine but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. It's definitely not open draw like a milaana or mighty but it's nowhere near as restricted as I was expecting.
  • OhHello
    you are probably not going to want to actually carry the solo once you have it in your hands, it’s big and an odd shape. That being said it is miles better then the Argo. Solo 2 does not get warm what so ever and the longer vapor path cools the vapor much better then the Argo. I have had both. Also I have had the MFLB which still is an amazing vape but does not compare at all to any other portable vape, the battery power and heater in virtually every other vape produces much warmer, stronger, thicker vapor no matter how long or short the path is vs a MFLB

All arizer products are amazing, especially the handhelds, it all comes down to size and stem length when deciding on a model, regardless the vapor will be top notch

Have you consider something like a Davinci IQ for great flavor and removable 18650? Think tetra meds had them for $180:a few weeks ago
  • Raw2real
    have you used any other stem in the Argo like the sneaky Pete bubble straw
  • LabPong
    Deciding between ArGo or the Solo 2.
    What do you think?! :) (flavor most important to me)
    ricardo

Here is the deal.....using cars as an analogy for power...though the air and solo are very close...argo is more of a sipper if you have high T. They all taste good cause they put the load in an almost all glass oven...and if you use a wpa with a rig instead of the stems...the taste is even better. The argo is diff because the load is so much narrower but slightly taller. The result in extraction is slower and lower power because of the heaters ability.

Argo is a V4
    Air is a V6
    Solo is a V6 turbo
  • OhHello
    Yes, I had that bubble straw..it sucked with water but found myself mostly using that stem just without any water
  • ricardo
    right on , I am excited and cant wait for it to come in!
  • ricardo
    We shall see how portable the solo 2 will be once i get it! Does the actual vape and glass stem smell after usage when u carry it?
  • OhHello
    The stem yes, the vape no, that oven stays crystal clean
  • LabPong
    ↪OhHello
    We shall see how portable the solo 2 will be once i get it! Does the actual vape and glass stem smell after usage when u carry it?
    ricardo

They come with a couple of the rubber caps for the bowl end of the stems. I would order several extra as you can put them on both ends of the stems. The ones that fit the argo are smaller than the ones that fit the air and solo's. Pretty much all the smell is going to come from the stem.

But if you use the stems and not a wpa...a good trick is to take the first draw with the vape upside down if you can or so the oven bottom is above the stem.....so the buds will not drop to the bottom of the metal oven surface and cause early toasting taste. After the first draw...the buds will stick together in the stem/bowl area. This way...it will help keep your oven bottom cleaner and less smell to be there.

Pack the bowl about 80 to no more than 90% full so you have a small gap to the oven bottom. Use just a light tamp and do not pack hard...grind is not fussy, but better if your buds are dryer.

Good choice in your purchase...arizer's are solid vapes. :up:
  • ricardo
    good to know thank u
  • ricardo
    thank u for that helpful tip
  • ricardo
    So i have had the Solo since last wednesday (a week as of this comment) and I like it! The battery lasts forever which i love! The 1st 2-4 hits dont produce too much vapor but the taste is really flavorful which I love!

The glass stem I thought would be an issue in terms of portability but it really isnt a bother at all. The portable pouch it comes with isnt the best thing in the world, but it gets the job done and makes it really portable for me

Sometimes the solo2 will get me really high with just one bowl and sometimes I wont feel anything with just one bowl. So I still have to figure out how to best use it for me.

At 1st a lot of weed would go through the glass stem and into my mouth, which i think my grinder grinds too fine, But I just inserted the screen it comes with and no issues now!

Overall, I am really liking the vape! U can get a lot of hits per bowl and can vape so many bowls on a full charge!
  • ricardo
    Thanks everyone for helping me make this purchase!
  • Drew420
    I was thinking about the Argo or Tera. But have decided with the Solo or Air. (Will still probably get the Tera due to low price) Only the air because in Sneaky Pete's review of the air he says there is a difference in the heater that allows a less resistant air flow.
    On the Solo 2 does does it seem a bit hard to get a hit. Like a milk shake?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment