• Magicman
    Damn. I will pay for Simrell "dope gun" stem for my 15mm Flux Deluxe.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    I was trying to be good and not let the VAS take over but now I'm regretting not picking up a Vortex when they were just on sale :groan:
  • BestBuds
    Here is the thing, it feels VERY nice in the hand. It IS balanced and light and so very comfortable... But if asked if I thought it was worth the price I would say no. Well not really.... It feels like a semi expensive titanium pen part. Yeah, part. And it ain't cheap! But he's got us by the balls because it feels better than almost anything else and the vapor is cool. As in, I am a whiny bitch about hot vapor, but this thing is Soo cool and smooth. The only time my mouth started to feel a little dry was with a full packed load, multiple layers of keef. I vaped on that for like 10 hits back to back. All using the Lucid ih. The ti body started to feel warm and my mouth got a little dry but the load was dark coffee brown so it was done, I pushed it hard. So, while it doesn't feel like it should cost what it does, the cost IS justified because it's does all they say. It delivers and I am happy. Now I want a wood one. Shit!
  • chaos191
    Lol... Agreed I just need to pick up an IH
  • Microvaper
    I'm regretting not picking up a Vortex when they were just on sale :groan:The Rogue Wax Works

Dude that is a classic symptom of VAS. The black Friday regret. We've all been there! The vortex stems are so sweet though! I personally wouldn't justify the price even with the sale prices. Got way too many vapcaps and don't see it offering such an improvement over my current lineup. I have seen the wooden ones being used with the POTV one though and that could Sway my decision in the future. :blush:
  • upside
    I have seen the wooden ones being used with the POTV oneMicrovaper

I saw that too and was wondering - Does anyone know if the titanium vortex can be used with the POTV one?
  • Microvaper
    the titanium doesn't fit the POTV one it's the wrong diameter. There may be a workaround though via an attachment of some sort. :chin:
  • BestBuds
    I believe Austyn said the wood stems fit the one, the ti fit the Tera. I tried my new ti on my Tera and it didn't fit. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Haha
    The ti seems to fit a 10 mm female joint.
  • upside
    Thanks. I sometimes use the Vortex stem with a water pipe but I don't love it. I find myself reaching for the DDave water wand and HydraVonG much more frequently. I guess I was looking for a way to put the Vortex to better use.
  • Magicman
    @BestBuds

So no to fancy VapCap stem?
  • BestBuds
    if you already have a Omnivap I would say you have a damn good stem and would be hard-pressed to justify the cost of a Simrell beyond want and desire. If you're trying to decide between the two I think the Simrell is more comfortable and has slightly more free flowing draw, I also like the teardrop hole shape.
  • Bud
    zx7tx0uihvfzubp6.jpg

Havent used yet lol
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    damn it it's still not 3-5. Lol I'm so impatient
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Got my short vortex about an hour ago. I've ran 2 bowls through it so far, and I'm pretty impressed with the amount of cooling that happens the vapor is a lot less harsh now. The stem does get a bit warm while using it, I imagine the xl is a little better in this regard. With just one bowl its not so hot it cant be used, but i haven't tried back to back bowls. It does cool down fairly quickly after use though, so its not a huge issue. Overall I'm diggin it so far.
  • Magicman
    I am ready to roll on @Bud vortex stem.
  • fatbiker
    I’m considering one. I’d like to hear @Bud initial impressions first.
  • BestBuds
    I run back to back bowls on the long vortex. It gets warm to the touch but doesn't affect the vapor negatively. If you start on a 3rd back to back bowl maybe you should think of another vape with a larger capacity. :joke:
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    the shorty gets warm/hot by the end of one bowl, so even a 2nd has to wait for cool down... i have like 20 vapes so yeah i have other options, but the point was to inform others, so they can make a better decision for their own needs. As you mentioned it doesn't affect the vapor, but it does get hot to the touch near the carb.
  • Tdog420
    Love the look and idea of the vortex w intercooler but for the price it dosnt seem worth it for performance improvements. However i have never tried one and do think they look beautiful.
  • fatbiker
    I had an Omni XL and sold it. I now regret not having a Dynavap so I am going to buy a TI tip and a Vortex stream. See how things go from there.
  • BestBuds
    First, I hope I didn't come across as rude. I didn't mean it that way. I'm really bad at text conversations :sweat: I have sarcastic humor and that doesn't translate. I try to keep it out of text only formats but I'm around my Father who is Lord and savior of sarcastic @sshats, so I am sorry. He can rub off on me in the worse way. It's why I moved out at 16. :down: I hold you in high regard and I don't want you to think I am being disrespectful to you especially. :pray:

As for the Vortex! I was soooooo close to getting the shortie when I ordered mine. I went for the longer one simply because my arthritis was bothering me really bad that week and I didn't think the short one would be long enough for the spin. I am happy I made the decision now. Yeah I can do 2, three or four hit bowls back to back without being bothered by warm vapor. I notice a huge difference in how hot the body gets with the hole open compared to fully closed. I can be mid hit and the body will be fine. I open the carb and the body gets warm within a second.

I need a posting break I think. I've had to apologize too much lately. No one's fault but my own. :zip:
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    no apology needed. I too am a king of sarcasm... Also inherited from my father, so I get it. Someone needs to invent a sarcasm font. Lol. Come to think of it, it does get even hotter if i work the carb more, though it still gets hot if i cover the carb click to click. As i mentioned the vapor doesn't seem to be affected at least, just the stem (and only near the carb, not the MP). It seems strange to me that this is the case, as I would think letting more fresh air in would cool it down more. But I was a terrible science student, so I guess its not shocking to me that my logic is flawed. :lol: All in all i do dig the stem, although I do still think its a bit over priced IMHO. I kind of feel like it shouldn't be more expensive than an Omni, but I'm also kind of cheap so again my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.
  • koepen
    @Bud what about the vortex?
  • fatbiker
    Does the normal length Vortex fit in an XL stash?
  • Cl4ud3
    I was lucky enough to win a Simrell Vortex kit that he did as a Thanksgiving competition and wanted to give it some testing before posting anything.
    xdtum785yw0noot4.jpeg

I’ve had it now for a month and I will admit I’m enjoying it a lot. The intercooler makes a noticeable difference to the vapour temperature and anyone who finds the VapCap harsh would probably like this.
    I’m not going to claim it’s better than any of the other custom stems available but I have been reaching for it more than others. It’s not glass so some will maybe notice a flavour difference but it won’t break.
    It’s not hard to clean but the full Ti versions will be easier as you can soak the whole thing. The condenser is fixed in place so needs pipe cleaners and careful cleaning between that and the outer stem with the wood versions.
    v7lvibe5nivtnmhn.jpeg
    Overall I think it’s a great product but I like my VapCaps. The stash case being smell proof and holding a lighter is also very good but there is a weight to it as it’s aluminium.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    can you run multiple loads back to back without the stem getting to warm? I would think the wood wouldn't get as hot as the Ti.
  • Cl4ud3
    I will have to give that a try and let you know. I've not noticed any heat to the body so far but I don't tend to run more than one load in succession.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment