• bulllee
    1x3ngdr3ckanmh4l.png
    What's up with Ghost's new pricing ? How can they do that? What's in store for Ghost ?Now I'm pissed that I bought one at $175 :rofl: :lol: :joke: .
  • Pud
    I'd be buying one for the new extra battery/parts... better wait for the BOGO !!! Lol!! You know it's coming :rofl: :rofl:

But I'd def be calling to get a price adjustment
  • bulllee
    LMAO your right, I should have seen this coming ! Very interested to see what's in store for the company? I've seen and read numerous threads here on what vape companies do before they belly up. Right now I'm in a love hate kinda thing with it. It's a PIA at times as all the variables need to be aligned for maximum pleasure. It's the best tasting, best feeling to my lungs, portable that I have used so far. The verdict is still out for me, as battery life sucks big time, and extraction is spotty. I did my homework and watched all the video's, and these are just my first impressions . Wondering if the company will be here next year ? But at $125 ??? :chin: :rofl: :rofl:
  • Pud
    I cant imagine they were not making plenty of money at $300 plus they were not giving away the accessories either. I bet just a new model coming out and they are sucking at this transition period.
  • CreamCityVapes
    For this price it’s definitelt worth checking out the MV1. It takes a minute to get used to but once you got it, it’s a beast. Very cool vapor which is one of my favorite aspects of it.
  • bulllee
    IDK about a minute :lol: I think there's a few others (besides me) that struggle initially with their purchase. Be it heat sink issues, latch problems, or just nailing the variables. It was a PIA at first, then after troubleshooting they get great results. For the price you can't beat the purchase, like I said before it's the best tasting vapor in a portable that I've used. Just a pain to dial in. :cool: . Apple still doesn't support their app so if you have ios your stuck with defaults settings.
  • kiddvudu2
    One other thing I appreciate about the MV1 is how quick/easy it cleans up. Even if you don't have a spare heat sink/mouthpiece to just pop in and go, the process to clean it is simple and not at all messy like some other vapes can be.
  • Justpassedu
    Shoot for $125 I'll grab another Ghost , why not . Always wanted the Stealth .
  • Baron23
    While I initially resisted the idea of reading too much into their initial price decreases...just try to not speculate in the absence of verifiable facts....this cut to $125 has sort of undermined that position of mine.

$125 WITH a crucible dispenser.

I don't know what is going on, but this does not seem to be just holiday pricing. I mean, even the Fury 2 was something like $140.

I now do suspect this type of pricing to be foreshadowing of some sort of action....but I just don't know what.
  • Justpassedu
    I sold my Mv1 months back , not so much bc it was a bad vape but had some minor issues compared to my other On demands I just did not want to deal with. I think I actually got $100-$125 for it. I been following the price drops and thinking also , maybe a new model is coming , maybe the company is going out of business. I guess we wont know until they tell us but figured at $125 with the crucible dispenser I'll deal with those small issues as its a good value at this price. I'd love to know what's going on though ...
  • jqcj5
    At $125, keep the crucible dispenser and sell the unopened Mv1 on ebay and make money.

No tax and free 2nd day air shipping, don't ask me how I know ;)
  • John Cocktostone
    Belly up or not...$125 with a dispenser is awesome
  • CreamCityVapes
    I meant a figurative minute. Sorry, my native lingo lol. The newer versions have less issues in my discussions with people but it’s not for everyone. I followed their videos for packing and figured out my technique. Haven’t had issues since.
  • Pud
    i always had good hits but I didn't really pack it... maybe just a light touch on top with a medium grind from my Santa Cruz grinder
  • kiddvudu2
    All vapes have a flaw or 2, but MV1 is the best I've owned/used to date. It's a breeze to keep clean too. And the CS experience is ALMOST as good as 2 crucibles in a row! I'm eagerly awaiting news from Ghost about what is up/coming.

Peese!
  • bulllee
    I have no issues now after fixing a heat sink issue, I don't pack it at all, just top them off. I like my Santa Cruz grinder also. I just never had a vape be as finicky as the Ghost. It delivers some of the best vapor I've tasted, and the feel of the vapor is silky smooth. This is the one portable vape for connoisseurs of cannabis, just frustrating at first. :chin:
  • Pud
    good deal... glad you got your heat sink fixed... only other thing is to get your draw dialed in then you are golden.... then it won't be finicky.. enjoy!
  • EconMan
    There is a formal pricing model in economics that maximizes profit by selling high at first when the "marginal utility per $" is very high, and gradually lowering your price towards cost+ as you run out of early adopters. Related is the model of overproduction for customer service purposes. It can actually be cheaper in many cases for a company given sufficient batch sizes to simply replace units rather than staff a large CS repair center.... Hence, before one unit is sold these sort of strategic decisions get made and become essentially "fixed decisions". If you order a million made and later see you only needed 500k, tough shit. You own a half-million unsold units.

However....
    proc data;
    load file="EconMode_BehavioralEconomics"
    run;
    print /p;

I now do suspect this type of pricing to be foreshadowing of some sort of action....but I just don't know what.Baron23

Agreed. Some Economic Possibilities.
    • They are aggressively following the model I described above.
    • They have a shit load of unsold inventory and want to get it moved. Even more so if they have something "new" planned and need to free up capital, space, logistics, and operations.
    • They have massive excess inventory and need to lower price to sell a lot more (law of demand). This will result in increased "returns" and "chargebacks". Americans at least tend to expect reasonable "price protection".
    • They want to maximize revenues, not profits, and therefore chose prices whereby they believe will result in the most sales. Then they will take the money and run far away from their merchant bank, sipping margaritas on a private beach in the bahamas. That is, they are crooks. The great customer service, earnest attempts to resolve problems, ... all just a part of the conspiracy theory. :nerd:
  • EconMan
    Now I'm pissed that I bought one at $175bulllee

Now THIS is behavioral economics. :100:
    Was happy a few days ago. Felt he got a value. Now that folks are getting a better value, happiness turns to annoyance. :rofl: THIS is the essence of what makes us human. :heart:

Just imagine if humans were ever really happy? Nothing frightens me more. :worry:

PS:
    I'm going to pull the trigger on one. I'm so happy with my FF2 I didn't ever buy even though I do like the vape. But at $125+dispenser a rose-colored one is for me. Hope the last point of my logical possibilities is untrue. :joke:
  • bulllee
    I think you got it wrong. I was just happy that I got a deal in the first place. My happiness turned to annoyance when the heat sink didn't work, and I didn't realize what a problem dialing it in was. Not when I heard of another price drop. Not because other people got a better deal. It turned to annoyance when it didn't work as advertised. Sure I'm pissed that after ordering that they dropped it another $50 who would not be . You should read the rest of the thread where I said
    For the price you can't beat the purchase, like I said before it's the best tasting vapor in a portable that I've used. Just a pain to dial in. :cool:bulllee
  • mmx
    Crazy Amedica. Never considered mv1, but at that price point.. Nobody in Europe will come close to that deal, so F it.
  • EconMan

Sorry. Please pardon me. I never read your comment as disparaging to the MV1, quite the contrary, you find it a wonderful value. So I was not criticizing you or your comment whatsoever. I was celebrating you and it. :cool:
    IMO, such sentiments are the hallmark of human nature.

Demand is value-driven. There is a perceived value of something. If ff2's had no competition in vapes, I would probably voluntarily pay around $1000 for one as an upper limit, meaning anything I actually pay under $1000 means I logically receive a "surplus" of value and should be extra happy in an absolute sense. Yes and true, unless my buddy just bought one for $250 (because there is now lets say new competition present), I suddenly feel relatively less happy because my buddy got a BETTER value than me.

Even my best friend after I got my Tesla (who had the near exact one I had and even the same color), became "less happy"once he found out I spent almost half of what he spent and the cars had about the same mileage. The difference of course is he bought new and i bought used. I never received the extra happiness that comes with a new Tesla (over a used one), and he found said happiness is very temporary because such relative valuations which are the hallmark of human nature and behavioral economics.
  • ricardo
    thanks for your insight bro! I just bought the solo 2 a week ago and have enjoying it so far. But I am also super curious about purchasing the MV1 since it is on sale at such a cheap price. Flavor is really that amazing on the MV1?
  • okla68m
    Their site I'm looking at still says $175 !!
  • Drew420
    Did you try the code?
  • okla68m
    IC...DUH !
  • EconMan
    Pulling trigger on a satin silver now. :nerd:

Flavor is really that amazing on the MV1?ricardo

I rank the MV1 "high" on the taste scale. The FireFly2 does significantly better (very high) in that department but the MV1 is such an easier to use portable with the crucible dispenser. The FF2 can be a precarious device to load properly while on the run. I use mine primarily as a desktop (and portable dab device).

Regardless, it is hard to argue that in terms of vape/$ the MV1 now is the value to beat. When they both were $300 each, for me the FireFly2 was hands down winner, but at $125, it's hard for ANYTHING to compete. Because, again, it is a really good vape, and like all convection vapes, especially for those who figure out how to use it properly and can use it properly (if your lungs are shot and can't take "draws" I do not recommend this vape at any price other than negative.
  • Justpassedu
    My Stealth should arrive today , this will be my 2nd Mv1 but at the best price now. It's too bad I wont be able to use it until tomorrow. No fast charger means 8 hours of charging time. That's a tough 1 . @ricardo I'd say both the Mv1 and Solo 2 have amazing flavor , I don't think you'd gain much more flavor out of the Mv1 as the Solo 2 really provides a nice taste . You can't go wrong though having at least 1 On demand style vape in the collection though.
  • LouieB
    My plan was to get another battery for my recently purchased Stealth MV 1 , but at that price.... I just ordered another MV1 and will have back up parts and crucibles, and no down time going forward ,with 2 batteries to work with. Glad I already got the fast charger.....it is a must have with this vape IMO. Happy Holidaze !
  • alltatup
    I have the Ghost app on my iphone...???
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube