• John Cocktostone
    7p099fivrvze05kj.jpeg
    Layer Cake 28% - it is dry as all weed I've ever tried from Nevada dispensaries. Letting it rehydrate. I'm too tired to research if you mentioned before but do you guys use Cvault or boveda?
  • Baron23
    Layer Cake 28% - it is dry as all weed I've ever tried from Nevada dispensaries.John Cocktostone

hahaha.....well, actually, not funny.

But ask @bud about the 1/8th he got in LV that looked like an Egyptian mummy, it was so desiccated. And no, this was not the $39 gram of Kosher Kush we got....that stupidly expensive herb was the best we got out there by far.

YOu didn't ask me, but I use bail latch mason jars and Boveda 62% and it works well. BUT, it is my personal belief that you can only really get superficial moisture into dried out weed and can't really re-hydrate the plant cells as they were before some asshat dried the shit out of them.
  • Gman
    The humidity is really to prevent cracking the plant matter and getting chlorophyll in your product. It may help facilitate a bit but it's only adding strait water to your wax.
  • John Cocktostone
    ok cool. Thanks guys. It smokes and vapes fast but damn is it a hit you in the face strain. They were out of the Kush. I like it a lot but...after taxes 452 and oz. Crazy.

Also I'll press with a 37 micron bag. Messes the yield but it makes the end product look much better usually
  • EconMan
    Also I'll press with a 37 micron bag. Messes the yield but it makes the end product look much better usuallyJohn Cocktostone

I'm skeptical of this. That tight of micron bag IMO produces diminishing returns for flower squishing. One can spend a half hour cleaning their bathroom or they can spend 5 hours, but the bathroom will not be 5 times as clean if the latter. The "price" paid in forgone yield for most people is excessively high given the small differential in return compared to say a 100u. To put it in perspective, my usual "goto" for normal bud is 160u. In fact, I would bet most humans can not tell the difference between it and say 120u, again with flower (not b.hash, etc).

Your money, your dabs, your choice though.

For really dry weed in bulk I don't use Bovidas to hydrate it but to dry it I'll use a cheap bamboo rice steamer (about 30 seconds) which slightly over-hydrates it, then I used my bovedas to ratched the humidity down over a day or two.

YOu didn't ask me, but I use bail latch mason jars and Boveda 62% and it works well.Baron23

My general setup as well. I duck tape the jars to keep light out.
  • Baron23
    I keep them in a cabinet for same reason. :up:
  • John Cocktostone
    main reason is I have more 37 micron bags right now. Shit yield but I don't get it this clear usually with my 120 micron..... though technique is getting better. 4daxrxavpvbxjq22.jpeg
  • EconMan

Good looking rosin! I'll dab it with you :starstruck:

Well, it isn't "wrong" but a matter of personal preference. I clean my bathroom for 15 minutes. A woman I once lived with would spend two hours (and annoy the fuck out of me). Yes, it was cleaner when she did it but not even CLOSE to eight times as clean.

Without doubt, more rigorous filtration will result in oil with less unwanted stuff in it. That said, I would argue it would be a lot cheaper to get some new bags.

For nice bud my personal "sweet-spot" choice is 160u. I find it won't dab much cleaner with 120 than with 160. And the difference between 120 and 40 is even larger.

Also, I'm indoctrinated as an economist. Ideal solutions are rarely valued, rather, optimal ones. :nerd:
  • John Cocktostone
    I have a few 160 and a few 120 but I won't be able to press the dispensary stuff till this weekend so I'll order some more filter bags. You guys know way more than me on this stuff so I do listen to y'all
  • okla68m
    Is this Beautiful looking Candy Edible or does it need Decarboxilation?
  • okla68m
    Ive been orally consuming the QWET concentrate Ive been making due to lung issues.
  • okla68m
    Was wondering if i could get a better finising yield from a press as compared to QWET ??
  • EconMan
    Is this Beautiful looking Candy Edible or does it need Decarboxilation?okla68m

Rosin? Good question. Never eaten any. My guess is it is partially decarboxylated, but how much I do not know.
  • okla68m
    Thx for the reply !
  • Gman
    Yes, requires decarb. It's not on long or hot enough to decarb much.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet