• WillaDog
    File under "it's about damn time"?

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker pardoned more than 11,000 low-level marijuana convictions Tuesday in a move Chicago’s state prosecutor said was a step in the right direction toward criminal justice reform. "We are ending the 50-year long war on cannabis," Pritzker said in a news release Tuesday. “We are restoring rights to many tens of thousands of Illinoisans. We are bringing regulation and safety to a previously unsafe and illegal market. And we are creating a new industry that puts equity at its very core.”

Link: https://www2.illinois.gov/Pages/news-item.aspx?ReleaseID=20988
  • John Cocktostone
    Right on. I'm applying for my medical card today. Our states program is a joke but it is a start. We dont have recreational.
  • WillaDog
    How ironic is it that there was a movie called Reefer Madness, when the real madness has been outlawing pot, all along? ;)
  • John Cocktostone
    crazy that I'm allowed 3 oz every 30 days...I've never used that much and I know that is for extreme cases but still crazy..oh but it has to be in 1 gram amounts... up to 113 individual 1 gram packages
  • BestBuds
    LMAO and SMH!
    2.5 oz here and it's mostly in 1/8 packages. But they are selling shake in 7 gram packs and there was even a entire oz this past week at my dispensary. No rec in my state.
  • chaos191
    Lol that is so ridiculous imagine not just tell me the ridiculousness of it but all of the packaging and what not that goes along with buying a gram at a time talk about filling landfills.

Hey thanks for sharing I did not see that I'm in Illinois and I've had a medical card for 3 or 4 years But in my opinion this is a huge step for Illinois especially the release of all of these non violent drug offenders It is about time finally we had a ship governor here Republican ass hole for the last 4 years and then pritzker got elected and he is been really solid and good to work with my dad is on a bargaining committee with the state i.e. Pritzkers people representing the service employees International Union which is like caregivers for people that are disabled such as I have which is paid in large part by the state the old governor would even come to the table to bargain on wage increases over the next 4 years at cetera as soon as pritzker came in he bumped up the pay rate 50 cents that was supposed to go into effect 2 years ago but the old governor wouldn't approve it even though it had already been voted on and was in the contract! Sorry I take all of this very personally because it affects me directly because of my paralysis. Anyhow thank you so much for sharing that's really awesome to see. I was at a party next door to a dispensary last night and I met the owners of the dispensary and the arcade bar those guys are 2 brothers that are 35 and 37 they must be doing very well for themselves I'm sure I love that there are so many young people that are able to get in and Make something of themselves in this kind of field reminds me of sneaky Pete he is really young and owns a massive vape company with 2 distribution centers one in Canada and 1 here that's a big operation!

Sorry this post went so long and I got a bit sidetracked but like I said thanks for sharing it's really encouraging to see that in my home state! @BestBuds. Happy New Year!
  • BestBuds
    absolutely Bro I remember when I lived in Mass and it first went legal there. Awesome days we live in. :cool:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment