• Dankpup
    Wondering how many people on here are not openly marijuana users? For this poll “in the closet” means you have at least one close family member or friend that doesn’t know you partake. You actively hide it from them.

I’m not totally open, however there has been a direct correlation between my increased usage and increase tye-dye in my wardrobe lol.

2nd try posting this, thank you baron23 for your help.
    1. Are you in the closet? (55 votes)
        Yes, have to hide it from some people
        65%
        No I’m totally open user of marijuana
        27%
        I’m so brazen people just have to know it
          7%
  • EconMan
    I don't tattoo it to my forehead, but I'm very open. Everyone knows. Faculty and administrators, business partners and customers, friends, kids, friends of kids, etc. It was controversial one particular year because I was chair of the Chancellor's task force on drug abuse while openly using illegal drugs. But tenure was nice. :nerd:

One reason concentrates have become so popular with non-young-adults is they can easier deceive their kids. No smell, and not much apparatus to be discovered. Yes, I'm judging but I understand why parents choose this strategy as nearly every friend i have does.
  • Baron23
    I'm pretty open about it with some exceptions in family and friends and I'm ok with that.

Its my personal choice and they don't need to know.
  • John Cocktostone
    My family fears the day I have to stop using
  • Pud
    I don't feel compelled to announce it or advertise one way or the other... but I don't talk about any of the meds I'm taking or trying to help me
  • bulllee
    I suffer from bipolar, and a host of neck and back issues, so yeah everyone that knows me knows I medicate. I kept it on the down low for about 25 years. I made mostly edibles so my kids wouldn't have a clue. Then one day my daughter in high school smelled someone toking up in the bathroom at school. She came home, smelled my cookies, and quickly put 2 and 2 together and figured out Dad was a secret tar head. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . I live in AZ a medical state. Never in my wildest did I think I would ever see legalization and I'm grateful as hell I will be able to. There are times when I still need stealth. But those are few and far between. Thank God !
  • YaMon
    My employer is zero tolerance and will likely remain that way even after removal of Cannabis from Schedule I, or at least there will be a delay of some sort. My immediate family is old school Catholic so no bueno. Cool cousins and friends know very well I medicate for chronic pain. As I absolutely hate secrets, I can't fuckin wait for this prohibition shit to be over. No telling if it will be during the less than a decade remnants of my working career. When it's fully legal and there are no adverse consequences (As in insurance/work/benefits/memberships/etc) I have zero issue telling anyone. I don't drink; I only vape and only vape weed.
  • okla68m
    Been Openly(to my family and friends) using since 1970 !
  • Foxhole
    My wife knows I use tincture for sleep, however she is strongly opposed to herb even though 25 years ago we smoked some together. Prior to our marriage 30 years ago I smoked on a regular basis. Now we have medical marijuana and she has tried both CBD and 50/50 but won’t experiment with different dosages and still is anti weed. Due to her illness she normally goes to bed around 8pm. That’s when I use a convection device for herb. Frankly I don’t feel like getting into an argument with her so I just use herb after she has gone to bed. By the way I’m 82 and she is 78
  • okla68m
    Sounds as tho "Reefer Maddness" had a lasting effect !
    Marriage is a Compromise, To A Point, lol !
    Besides, youll Use Less that way, since ya cant partake during the day, lol !!
  • Foxhole
    She has always been opinionated. Once she makes up her mind right or wrong she is always right. LOL
  • okla68m
    They are a Different Breed for sure ! She sounds like my wife !
  • Karec
    The only 2 persons that im not fully open about it its my parents but even when i was living with them 20years ago they would caught my Herb so nothing new... this year i took a MJ plant to grow in their garden and finally everything is out and clear... she didnt realized that its going to happen every year from now on :lol: :rofl: :lol: eventually its going to be mum to take care of her and soon it will get a name :lol: :rofl: :lol: off course i dont vape when im with them out of respect, for them it would be better if i wouldnt vape so i dont rub it in their faces.... but they know my point of view and im open about it, im glad that medical use is now open and legal in Portugal and they are starting to acknowledge that is not only smoking joints and getting high.... after all this plant is something more :chin: :brow: :smirk:
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • fullyautomatic
    i'm open about it but i don't flaunt it. I only told my mum and dad properly about 5 years ago. they don't like it but the love how well i grow it, and my dad is fascinated by the plants in general. and they know it helps me and how much i've cut down since becoming ill.
    My granny has known since i first started and she used to do it too but a very long time ago.
    my wife knows it helps me alot so she tolerates it for my sake. i only generally use it in the evening to chill out and knock me out. if i'm really struggling i use in the daytime, but only once i've got the kids at school :)
  • cvs8floz
    I am 58 and both grow and consume in my house, my wife is not a user but fully supports this hobby and passion of mine. I am more than happy to show my plants and vapes to anyone who expresses interest, Family and friends who visit and stay with us all know what I am doing and are always welcome to join in, it gets a bit tricky when there are kids involved as I don't want to encourage anyone under 18 to start using. Not sure how I will handle my grand-son who is almost 2 now and is starting to roam around the house. I also find that there are a lot of people who will never understand or tolerate cannabis use and it is best to avoid the topic altogether, I also prefer not to tell my neighbors although I live in a legal state.
  • TheZman
    What Strain do you use before bed? What's the THC %?
  • Foxhole
    If I’m using my Ghost I use Blue Dream herb, just a couple hits is enough. I get about the same results from a tincture 1 to 1. Except with the tincture I can’t control when I will get results. Unfortunately lately I’ve been going to sleep around 10:30 But waking up 4:30 do the my wife’s health issues. I do best with 8 hours sleep not 6. I think the Blue dream is about 18%thc. I’m trying to find a tincture for my wife’s nausea (many tests but cause still unknown) CBD alone does nothing. The one time she tried a hybrid tincture she didn’t like the feeling she got, although I think she is willing to try anything now
  • LabPong
    The one time she tried a hybrid tincture she didn’t like the feeling she got, although I think she is willing to try anything nowFoxhole

Try to find something more indica. Blue dream is sort of a sativa leaning hybrid. It might cause more head/dreamy feelings rather than giving off body feelings you normally get with indica leaning strains.
  • BestBuds
    I found some strains listed online
    Durban Poison: This pure sativa strain is well-known for packing a punch and attacking several painful or uncomfortable symptoms at once. You can recognize it by its sweet smell and energizing effects. It’s perfect for staying productive or exploring and treating your nausea all at once.

Sour Diesel: This sativa strain is one of the most popular out there. With THC concentration between 21 and 22 percent, you can use Sour Diesel for your nausea, as well as migraines and depression.

OG Kush: OG Kush is a sativa strain known for its uplifting effect that combats migraines, depression and nausea. Many believe this strain is the best for people battling terminal illnesses as well.

Headband: As a combination of OG Kush and Sour Diesel, Headband is the perfect hybrid strain for combating your nausea. It’s also ideal for reducing pain, relieving stress and promoting relaxation.

Lemon Haze: Characterized by the smell of freshly peeled lemons, Lemon Haze is the perfect sativa strain for settling your stomach. With its green-yellow tint, fresh taste and high THC content, you’ll be full of energy and happiness when you use this strain.

Chocolope: Another sativa strain you can use for treating your nausea is Chocolope. With its earthy, coffee flavors and euphoric effect, you’ll want to use Chocolope every morning to treat your nausea.

Blue Dream: As a 50/50 hybrid of sativa and indica, Blue Dream has a way of adapting to whatever situation the user is in. Use this strain to relieve your nausea night or day, along with your stress and anxiety

Lavender: This indica strain has been known to treat chronic pain, inflammation and nausea without making the user feel high. However, it also causes some drowsiness, so it’s best to use this strain at night before bed.

Blueberry: Blueberry is one of the most relaxing strains of marijuana there is. After decades of perfecting the cultivation process, the Blueberry marijuana we know today can relieve pain, stress, nausea and more.

Purple Urkle: With the smell of grapes, berry and a bit of skunk, Purple Urkle is easy to recognize. It’s known to create a deep sense of relaxation while relieving pain throughout the entire body as well as nausea. This sleep-inducer is perfect for those struggling to get a good night’s sleep.

You might also want to look at Leafly. It's a website that has loads of great info especially for a medical cannabis patients like us. In case you haven't seen it yet.
  • Foxhole
    Thanks, I do get Leafly, as a matter of fact saw this same list. But thanks for taking the time to list it here
  • deep_meditation
    Some family members are completely opposed to it. I even asked "If this were to alleviate my pain/side effects better than anything the doctors (who aren't opposed to my use of it) could give me during treatments would you be 'ok' with it?" Answer was basically a non-answer. A now-deceased cancer buddy of mine whose parents are of the same generation had a similar experience when she asked the same question... "I don't think I have an answer for that question but probably no." It's a generational thing. Maybe they think we'd skip our treatments and run off with jazz musicians.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment