• 40below
    Looking for a portable and discreet dry herb vaporizor? I just got my first one yesterday and even while I have emptied out the chamber from my last hit, the room still stinks.

Any suggestions for a portable vape that can hide the smell when not in use?
  • Cl4ud3
    If you add a little more info you might get some better replies.

Do you smoke currently? I know you said this was a first vape but your general usage now can help with recommendations.
    Typical amount used or any physical limitations that would stop certain vapes, do you want it battery or would you be open to a butane vape ?
  • Bad Dog
    you'll get better recommendations if you tell us more about your usage, how many times a day you need to vape, what kind of load size, budget ext.
  • 40below
    Thanks for your help today. I do smoke, usually about 2 tokes a day. I am a light smoker as all I need is just one good hit to be good for a few hours.

It took me a few months to get through 2 carts via a vape pen. I really liked it because I could just take a hit in my room and no one would ever know because they didn't smell it but with all reports of people getting sick smoking carts, I wanted to find a safer and discreet way to keep smoking.

Right now I have a one hitter pipe that I load up and hit after work around 5:00 pm. I take another hit around 9:00 pm and I am good for the night. I just hate that I have to step outside to smoke. Since I live my kids and mother in law, I dont want them to know anything.
  • 40below
    Thanks. Please see my response to Cl4ud3 I just posted.
  • Terpenetime
    @40below you may want to invest in one of these...

https://www.smokebuddy.com/store/

That’ll really help you to reduce the smell :100:
  • martinstraka8282
    Hahahahahahahaha

How about that advertising!!!

Highly recommend these. Also highly recommend checking out the site just for some nice ladies in lingerie!
  • Bad Dog
    a Dynavap m should be right up your alley for your kind of usage, small dose size, incredibly portable with a kick like a mule and its even budget friendly. It works with a torch lighter to heat
  • Cl4ud3
    Vaping smells, not like smoking does, but that aspect is another problem and there are solutions for it. The personal air filters are great as has linked.

The vape choice is harder but it does sound like you want something on demand. I'm a fan of the Dynavap VapCaps for portability and stealth but they do need a butane jet lighter and that can break the stealth if you were out. There are alternate methods of heating like an Induction heater but that is another topic.
    This would also be in the lower budget of vapes but that doesn't mean the quality isn't high.

There are lots of other options and I'm sure people will give more suggestions.
  • martinstraka8282
    I find my Dyna's are my smelliest vapes.

Gonna be tough to control smell on a dry herb vape in general.

I also live with a wife and child. I will vape my concentrates inside and blow through a smoke buddy, nobody knows a thing if i don't want them too.

With Herb, it doesn't matter what vape I use out of my collection, or if I use the smoke buddy, it stinks up the place and my wife calls me on it pretty much anytime I try to get away with it.
  • Bad Dog
    what about the plastic stash it comes with to help keep the smell contained or a dube tube?
  • 40below
    I don't mind the smell if I have to step outdoors. But I took a few hits of a dry herb vape yesterday (outside) and it can still be smelled in my home now as I type. Even after cleaning it out.
  • Cl4ud3
    I bought a room air purifier which helps a lot when combined with the Smokebuddy. The problem I found was just opening the jar of weed in the morning was often enough to fill the house with the smell regardless if I vaped or not.
  • 40below
    Yeah the stuff I have is pretty stinky also!
  • martinstraka8282
    Good point, those definitely help a lot.

There are those moments where it's out and unavoidable, but a good sealing case can quickly lock up the smell. That might be 40below's best choice here rather than focusing on the vape itself being smell proof.

Lots of smell proof cases out there in all sizes and function. I have a few small ones for out and about.

My main one though... I bought the case belowopki1npijwl2yqx7.jpg
    for all my vape gear and set it up with a bunch of organizational stuff inside for my 7 or 8 vapes. It is awesome. Can be locked with two padlocks for when my Son is older, is completely smell proof when closed, and has a top handle for one handed carrying. It has solved almost all of the smell problems for me and my wife. It can be closed at any moment and gets closed up every night.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/746152-REG/HPRC_HPRC4100EBLACK_HPRC4100E_Waterproof_Hard_Case.html
  • 40below
    Pretty cool! Never seen that before.
  • martinstraka8282
    Haha yup pretty much.

Depends on the weed, but reminds me of the high school days. Some shit just couldn't be hidden no matter what you did. The old visine, gum, face and hand wash, and some cologne still wasn't enough to hide it sometimes.
  • martinstraka8282
    There are a ton of different sizes available too, mine is quite big for what a lot of people might want. Monoprice has an equivalent but cheaper version.

They have a sealing ring and can lock, that was enough to sell me on it.

If I remember, I'll post up pictures of the inside, I've put a lot of work in to mounting little organizational things. Shameless self promotion here!

RYOT is another company that sells smell proof stuff, but it's not a hard resin with sealing ring like these, it would have a charcoal filter.
  • 40below
    Very Cool! Might have to invest in one of those
  • martinstraka8282
    If you do, I recommend this site as a cheaper but comparable option to the original one i posted.

https://www.monoprice.com/category/audio-video/weatherproof-cases-&-containers

Never thought to check there for this at the time, but saw them later and Monoprice has been great in the past.
  • 40below
    Thanks I appreciate it.
  • Terpenetime
    Also highly recommend checking out the site just for some nice ladies in lingerie!martinstraka8282

Thought that might interest a few people! :joke:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet