• Gloeck79
    I wanted to know if the vapexhale is still good. I have it, I like it and I am finally able to get concentrates so my question is this, I find the EVO a pain to lug out every time I want to use it. It works very well no doubt, I usually use the Ghost MV1 or Mighty depending how I feel. I finally figured out how to work the ghost mv1 to where it’s flawless. I haven’t tried concentrates with the ghost mv1. I was thinking of getting firefly 2+ and use that for concentrates. Though, I would rather get a desktop set that’s just smooth as can be, produces great clouds, and not a pain in the butt to set up.

The Vapexhale is great for concentrates but again just a lot of lugging it out and lot of glass etc. I really like the concept of the Ditanium and ease of use, also this weedeater or flower pot seems interesting but a lot of work or equipment. The G43 seems really nice, clean, easy to use and not a lot of equipment but I have no idea how to get one...lol. So I am thinking of just buying bor glass for the Vapexhale.

My other option and I am really seriously thinking about just making my own damn system...lol.

Any suggestions, should I just keep the Vapexhale in the rotation as my main desktop or should I venture out. Feel free to suggest what you think is a good option.
  • Baron23
    I wanted to know if the VapeXhale is still good.Gloeck79

I love mine and think its as good as any newer released vape...or better.

I just keeps on milking loads.

If it broke tomorrow, I would have a new one on order before the end of the day.

And, I do NOT use concentrates in mine...I know others do and enjoy it for that. I just don't want to gunk up an extremely good flower vape with concentrate reclaim. Just me.

If you think you are lugging out too much stuff for an EVO, then a NV Flower Pot probably isn't going to make you happy. Its just more stuff to pull out.
  • martinstraka8282
    Ya I think the Desktops require a bit of a permanent station to really make sense. Just my 2 cents.

I know mine hardly gets used in favor of portables for that reason.
  • Gloeck79
    lol...I kinda figured but I was just wondering and you nailed what I really was asking. If you broke it now would you get another and with all the newer units out there does this continue to surpass others.

Every time I come on here I think you nail every answer I’m looking for. Thanks.

Great idea about not using concentrates with EVO to not junk it up. So what do you recommend for a great concentrate machine. As you are right concentrates do junk the Vapexhale up, but is great at producing too. I am knew to the world of concentrates and my damn glass nail for the EVO broke so I’m trying to figure out if I wanted to get something else, a better concentrate machine, or do I just buy the bor glass for EVO and just clean it more often etc.

Oh, a tip, not like anyone doesn’t know this, but if you use the lynx and put a hydratube on top of that, it helps keep everything even smoother. So for dry helps out and what I usually do is not water in lynx and then water in hydratube. For concentrates works well too gives you 2 chambers to load for next pull. Does the ghost work well with concentrates, I kinda want to not use concentrates with it to keep it clean.
  • Gloeck79
    Yeah that’s kinda what is happening to me. I try and keep it organized with the wooden tray you can get, it helps. Cause you can keep it in there and have it plugged in and not worry about things all over the place. But yeah sometimes I think these companies just don’t think, like desktops shouldn’t take the whole damn desk right lol.
  • martinstraka8282
    Lol, ya it's all those little parts whether it's whips, bowls, tools, weed, etc. that require the station it seems.

I like to pull mine out once in a while regardless, and maybe it's more of an indication of my laziness, but having to "set up" can really stand in the way for me.
  • Baron23
    So what do you recommend for a great concentrate machine.Gloeck79

Well, I would suggest this as a very good dab rig for a reasonable price (haha...well, depends on what is reasonable to you):

1. $120 for Auber Instruments RDK-300 with coil
    From 710coils.com
    2. $45 for 710coils very nice 25mm opaque quartz bangers (if you do glob dabs, maybe up to 30mm)
    3. $45 for his very decent carb cap (or really any bubble cap)
    4. $65 for 25mm Axial coil
    5. $40 for some DHGate glass of your choice.

So, this is $315 and you may not want to spend that much money, but this is a very good dab rig.

Alternatively, I do know many who do use the EVO nails...boro and quartz. I just have no experience with them and have a couple of different bangers that I use for trates.

Cheers
  • gratefulabe
    I went from torch and banger and a SAI to the 710coil/Auber setup described above, with a ruby insert. So easy to use and keep clean. It takes less than 5 minutes to setup or put away.
  • Bad Dog
    for me a dedicated spot is key, if I have to haul it out of the closet and set it up every time I wanted to use it I’d probably have a quick smoke way more often. Ditanium is a good choice for concentrate and its bud capabilities are definitely way better than passable. Super easy to clean and maintain. Once you find your sweet spot it’s highly repeatable. It’s my most frequently used method for concentrate with a but, I tend to exclusively only use my lower quality concentrate like shatter and sugar wax but my top shelf product heads to my banger, things like diamonds and sauce or live resin. I just prefer the torch and banger for the really premium stuff. The Ditanium eats up a fair amount of real estate but I’m thinking of shrinking its footprint by drilling a hole inserting a length of wire coat hanger so I can hang the whip. I also have a Weedeater and it’s even worse for space, not to mention that I’m completely paranoid about leaving it on if I’m going to be out of the room for longer than 5 minutes. I’ve tried topping the bowl with shatter a it does a pretty good job but I prefer the Ditanium.

• Dr green thumb
    I suggest keeping flower seperate from concentrates it keeps your vape cleaner and gives an overall better experience with both.

@Baron23 suggestion from 710 coils works great with the auber rdk 300 and the disorderly conduction controller that 710coils offers.

ocbatq7njhetk2le.jpg
  • Gloeck79
    Thanks all, a lot to think about. I am thinking of torching and using a banger. Maybe I’ll get a quarts enail if thats what it’s called for the EVO. Question, how does the Firefly 2+ or say a kandypen work with concentrates or bangers still better. Like I said I’m a newbie with concentrates and trying to figure the best set ups for myself and what not. Thanks again all and I will definitely think on what to do next or buy lol
  • Gloeck79
    K, looking up and researching I came to find 3 different rigs or setups and I’m curious if I were to get one, which would you guys recommend. It looks like you have both FlowerPot and Ditanium, which one is better, meaning clouds and taste etc.

NewVape FlowerPot:
    Vrod or WeedEater

Elev8r:
    Looks like the cheaper way but was wondering if it could be hooked up to a coil system (Jerry Rigged)

Ditanium:
    Is it as good as FlowerPot.

I have plenty of glass to set these rigs up and it looks like with the plugs and wires I can hide it all on my desk, I’m going to rig something up to my computer desk but want to know before I do this to which is the best option. I use concentrates and dry. I use Mighty and Ghost around the house and think I can clean up my desk to accommodate a rig without it looking like a mess. The Evo is great but just looks too much like a rig where as the Auber I can get away with saying it’s for my audio system for my headset . I can hang the coil/cord to the side of my desk where no one would see so I can store it when no one use. When in use all I would have to do get my glass plug wire in and I’m good to go and obviously I’d let the coil cool down before hanging lol. Not sure if the G43 is able to hook up to an Auber so that way the Auber can be the universal power supply. Also is the G43 good or holds up to these other devices and if so is the G43 available because I could see perhaps more devices just feeding off of the Auber.

Just my 2 sense, anyone want to try and Paton that seems like a good idea. Bud if you can do that I’ll take a 5% cut on all sales lmao. I think Bud had the right idea though, a desktop vape utilizing a power source for easy use and quality production .
  • Baron23
    Question, how does the Firefly 2+ or say a kandypen work with concentrates or bangers still better.Gloeck79

I don't have a FF2, I don't like the vape or company particularly, but there are many others who love their FF2 and that needs to be recognized.

It is supposed to be a great "flavor" for 'trates device....I don't see it as a hard hitting banger type deal, but I have never used one.

@EconMan or @LabPong are better suited to tell you about the FF2.

As for Kandypens.....I find all pens to be total crap and I don't use them. Just my view.
  • Dr green thumb

Vgoodiez.com sells a complete elev8r setup with coil and controller for the elev8r.

If you go with newvape for vrod or weedeater the type of rig you use it with will make a huge difference.

I cannot speak for the ditanium.
  • John Cocktostone
    I use the FF2+ for concentrate only. I love it. 3 to 5 second heat up. Easy to clean. Amazing flavor. Honeymoon phase never left.

My only cons are draw resistance and there is a small amount of silicone in the air path where the lid rests on the body.

It's my daily driver for concentrates and I imagine it will be for quite some time.

Edit: torch and banger is still king in my opinion but I havent touched my dab setup since I got the Ff2+
  • Bad Dog
    the only real complaint I've read about the V rod is that it can burn through concentrate a little fast so your session might be a little rushed but I think you can mitigate that by doing more smaller dabs. As for the Ditanium vs Weedeater there's pros and cons for each. As for vapour quality, taste, and strength of effects the edge goes to the Weedeater, it's not substantially better but it is noteworthy. Safety, ease of use, stealth and flexibility goes to the Ditanium, I'm much more confident in leaving the Ditanium on for extended periods and I feel safer using it especially when I wake up in the middle of the night and need a sesh to get back to bed. Both are simple to load, stir and empty but I'll give the Ditanium the advantage because of the flexibility of the load size (I find the Weedeater to work best with a small load). I find the Ditanium to be quite attractive, put the whip away in a drawer and no one will ever know what it is. And hands down beats the Weedeater in flexibility, solo dabs, just herb or combo hits, variable load size from .1-.5 but so can the V rod aside from load size. I'd recommend picking up a banger and torch and carb cap to try, my banger is the gold standard I measure all other concentrate use by. Highly recommended cold start dabs to start with, just place your dab on the bottom of the cold banger then start to heat till it melts and starts making vapour then either stop heating and hit or continue to heat during your draw. I'm also kinda new to concentrate other than hash
  • Khelek41girl
    I second the Firefly for concentrates. I'm not huge into concentrates primarily because they are overly expensive where I live, but I pick some up on occasion. I have my FF2, a Linx Hypnos Zero, and of course my collection of wooden vapes and I always reach for the FF2 to put my concentrates in. I almost use it exclusively for that now
  • Gloeck79
    So, banger, coil or torch? I like the fact that there is one universal power supply. So, my thinking and theory is this, getting one of these; Auber RDK 300, a disorderly conduction, or is there another brand out there I should look at. Then I can choose a coil system referenced earlier. I'm confused on something though, If I choose say the Vrod, can't you dab and use dry at the same time. Also, is there a difference in say a coil system or say Vrod etc.

It's confusing but i'm trying to understand what is good not good and if this is a right system for me. Kinda debating with these systems and Ditanium. I'm leaning towards coil but still trying to figure out if flowerpot the way to go. Like I said it's confusing...lmao. Or that I am just confused myself lmao.
  • Dr green thumb

The 30mm setup from 710 coils is excellent. Paired with the auber you will be very happy. Pick up a quality carb cap as well.
  • Bad Dog
    yes you can use the V rod just dabs, just weed or both at once. I’m more of a occasional daber so between the Ditanium and banger and torch I’m pretty happy and don’t really feel the need to pick up a coil.
  • gratefulabe
    I already had an e banger setup for concentrates, so I just got a Weedeater for dry herb.
  • Pud
    I like buying devices with multiple functions when possible. I have a ditanium and just bought a vrod. Both can do herbs or concentrates at the same time or one or the other.

I think they are both excellent devices. The ditanium is more stealth and both pack a huge punch when thats what you want. Like BadDog said ditanium holds more dry herb but with vrod you'd have to dump the bowl and drop more in.. not that big of a deal if this is for one or maybe two people. Vrod def easier to do a larger drop of concentrates, but less herb. Had a weedeater for a month but it is only a little more money to get the vrod so why not.

Banger with coil or torch is easy to grab but you are only doing concentrates. So hard to compare.

Firefly can do both but its a little messy using weed and holds just a little. Thats why everyone who has one uses it for concentrates... get a second one for weed its just easier and better. Stealth is a+ as it could be sitting on the shelf next to your audio equipment and its going to blend in... plus optional portability doing concentrates or small bits of weed. Even if that just means going out on the porch or garage for a hit or two while you just hang out or work.

So you are comparing apples and oranges with a lot of this. If you want something that can do just one or the other or both, then you have just eliminated several. If stealth is more important, you've eliminated more. You know your hierarchy, right it down and then look for devices to fit along with budget. If budget isn't an issue buy several then eliminate after trying them. Good luck!.. but with these choices it'd be hard to make a bad choice.
  • EconMan
    Question, how does the Firefly 2+ or say a kandypen work with concentrates or bangers still better.Gloeck79

A good banger and cap with a proper rig under it is ALWAYS better than anything else.
    That said, the best portable "electric pipe" out there for concentrates IMO is the FF2, including so called "dab pens". You'll get a smooth and tasty session. Not massive dab-rig style, but I PROMISE you will get really high and will maximize taste. I use mine outside and on trips.
    It is also my primary device for vaping weed. Conversion/cleaning is quick and easy.
  • Gloeck79
    Thats what I have been hearing it’s a really good concentrate device. Dry I heard was good too but a small chamber or bowl. I had the original and loved it but it got really hot and hard to hold. I heard the 2+ had fixed all of it, but I do not really do concentrates when traveling because of mess. Though FF2+ could remedy that. Question do you use the FF2+ as your main rig at home or do you have a banger rig set up and use that.

I’m debating if I should hang up my Vapexhale that just sits in my bathroom cabinet with all my glass for it. So I was thinking of getting a new desktop that I can actually keep on my desk...lol. I love the EVO, just pain grabbing it out to use it then waiting for it to heat up, by the time I get the process to puff, I could have smoked out of my portables or go old school and burn one lol. Thinking of coil/vrod system. This way I can keep the power supply on my desk, and just plug in and ready for use. I can roll coils up hang on side of desk and keep Vrod in draw. So in theory all I would need to do is bring a glass piece of my choice.

Anyway this is my thinking and now I am weighing the pros cons etc...lol
  • Gloeck79
    that’s what I am think of doing, but might go with vrod so I can do both concentrates and dry at same time. Then I think why not get a Ditanium lmao. I have to think long and hard to figure out what’s best for me. Have to do a pros vs cons etc...lol
  • Dr green thumb

No matter what you will have the same heat up time with a desktop. The weedeater/vrod will get to temp on the controller quickly but still need a good 5 minute heat soak.
  • Gloeck79
    Thanks, yeah it’s a toss up between Vrod & coil system or Ditanium. I have to do the pros and cons like you suggested. You guys have all helped me choose other devices and have been spot on. I have been busy with some things at home so I haven’t been on for awhile plus with classes it’s been hectic around the house...lol.

Again thanks for the advice everyone
  • Gloeck79
    Yeah, I think I might wait till some sales 4/20 or maybe Presidents’ Day if there is one. I’ll let you guys know what I end up with. The Vapexhale might be the one I use for groups of people and for just me maybe the Vrod/coil. I would get the Ditanium, but if I’m going to do bangers why not use a coil as I am not big on butane torch, but would also have the option to torch if I need a quickie. This is my thinking, trying to rationalize everything lol.
  • gratefulabe
    VROD and everything else is 20% off until the end of this week at cannabishardware.com, NewVape’s new estore, probably as good or better than their 420 sale. They only take direct bank transfers and orders have been taking about a week to fulfill and deliver,
  • Bad Dog
    The code is lighthouse
  • gratefulabe
    Thanks Bad Dog, forgot to mention that.
    There’s also a VROD that just popped up on Reddit in entexchange
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url