• zibit
    With some sites having 30% off the Old Crafty, is that a better deal than waiting for 4/20 and getting the Crafty+? I'm not in a real hurry to get one but it seems like a good deal.
  • BestBuds
    if it was my $$$ I would wait for the sales and look for a Mighty or a Crafty+.
    The OG crafty was never on my radar. :meh:
  • zibit
    Thanks for the input BestBuds! I'm mostly interested in the Crafty for strictly portable use. The Mighty seems a bit too large for comfortable portable usage, maybe I'm wrong? I keep thinking about Summer time when I only have shorts and maybe a sweatshirt to carry around.. not much room for larger devices.
  • BestBuds
    I would stick it out for the + imo
  • Karec
    Agree with Bestie choose the +, but stick around and check the info here about different vapes and try to hold on til 420 and then you can get a better device (not saying Crafty or the Crafty+ aren't good...) for a even better price, and there is a lot of portable choices.
    Check this from last year, most of these units will get higher discounts at 420 since they are older.
    Best Portable 2019 Updated Jan 2020
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • CDN24
    I would only buy an original crafty if you are OK with it most likely not making it much past the two year mark. If you can live with that for whatever price it’s at these days, then go for it. Other then battery life it’s a great device while within its life span.

If that kind of life puts you off, I’d get the plus or look elsewhere.
  • EDub
    @zibit I have a fairly new Crafty + that I’m willing to let go for around the same price as the OG Crafty(obo). Comes with some extra accessories too...I have a for sale link on here if you wanna check it out.
  • TheZman
    I just can't wrap my mind around the almost $300 price tag for a hand held portable.
  • EDub
    why not? If the device performs, does it really matter whether the unit is portable or not?
  • TheZman
    No. I actually Love portables. There probably the only Vapes I'll ever own. It's just when you compare the price to other good portables it pretty steep. I have a Boundless CF that I paid $110 for and it's a great vape it's a hybrid just like the Crafty and very similar.
  • EDub
    I see your perspective. I haven’t used the Boundless so I can’t tell how far off the vapor quality is between the two but, from the various portable vapes I’ve used, you’re paying more for the Crafty’s ease of use and consistency along with desktop performance. The casual Vaper isn’t going to want to download firmware and tinker with mod setting or be stirring a pot of weed to ensure they get even AVB. They just want plug and play and I think that’s how they justify the price. I agree it could still be cheaper though.
  • TheZman
    Trust me. The Boundless CF is a work horse. No stirring ever. I can vape a piece of herb the size of a grain of rice or a full bowl just the same. No problem. And that's on low temperature. Turn it up and look out. For the Money nothing beats a Boundless CF. A lot of people compare it to the Crafty and say they are very similar. I've never used a Crafty so I can't comment. But knowing how good my CF performs I just can't justify paying $300 for a similar vape.
  • EDub
    That’s awesome about the Boundless, I may check it out. If the performance is like that then S&B got some explaining to do lol.
  • Gergin
    I own a CFV and the Tera as well as the Mighty and Crafty+. IMO, if these were cars, Boundless is the Toyota, S&B is the Lexus. Boundless is is great. Love em. S&B is better. Better experience, for me.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    what other vapes have you used to compare the cf to? I'm not saying the cf isnt a good vape for its price, but there is a very noticeable difference between that vape, and an S & B vape, both in vapor quality and and build quality.
  • TheZman
    Your a comparing pure Convection CFV Boundless to the S&B Craftey which is a hybrid. Hybrids perform better in totally vaping the herb all the way through without mixing. The CF is a hybrid just like the Crafty. So it's a better comparison. IMO..
  • TheZman
    I'm not trying to compare really. In just basically saying I can't imagine that the Crafty is worth 3x more then the CF. Especially when my CF performs so well. All I know with my CF on temps between 355 and the 370 the terpene taste is amazing. Especially the first 3 hits. It cooks the Herb all the way through with no stirring and to a perfect golden color. Its durable as hell as I've only dropped it at least 30 times. And it's super easy to clean. And the batter life lasts awhile. I couldn't imagine something being $200 more being much better. I'm not saying its not better I'm sure it could be. But $200 more???? I doubt it.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    my point is without having tried them you can't really judge them fairly.
  • Gergin
    I used to think like you to Zman. You don't know until you try it. AIRFLOW
  • TheZman
    Air flow? My Boundless CF flows pretty good. Flows super free with the glass adapter mouth piece. I use it even without using glass just on its own.
  • TheZman
    I understand. In just saying for me personally if I'm super happy with the performance of my CF I cant imagine spending $200 more on a vape unless it gives me an organism or something that much better..
  • TheZman
    Also I dont believe it's that much better especially in the durability department. I've heard of so many people sending the Crafty back to get fixed for issues.
  • Rockytdogg
    I’m not a fan of either company, really, but after all the bullshit Boundless has pulled over years, I would never consider buying any of their products. The same can’t be said about S & B.
  • EDub
    @RockytdoggI agree wholeheartedly. S & B might be dragging their feet with innovativing but their products are solid, being noted for their reliablity/consistency and ease of use.

There are countless accounts of people who have had their Volcano for 10 years and it’s still working like a champ. I’ve used mine everyday since I got it about a year ago and it’s still something I marvel at from time to time with a silly grin on my face.

Sure other products may perform on par with S&B products, but it’s something about that German engineering that makes them feel more premium.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    the problem is your basing all of this on uninformed info. Your basing things on what you heard not what you've experienced. I agree vapes are over priced, but S &B products are easily 3 times better than the cf. Having owned both a cf and s and b I say that from my personal experience with both vapes. Do I think that S & B should be cheaper? Of course, but by the same logic I wouldn't pay more than $40 for a CF, again I'm basing this on my personal experience with both vapes.
  • TheZman
    Are they even still German? I'm pretty sure the Canadian company Canopy owns them now. And since they released the Crafty + which Bud even downgraded to the Crafty - Lol...
  • Pud
    and they haven't changed anything, so yes still same German engineering built factory 2016 inTuttlingen a German town
  • TheZman
    Your right and I'm not saying the CF is better then the Crafty at all. I'm just saying I hate that a lot of vapes are over priced and not affordable to the average user. That's all. I think that message and point got lost along the line. That's all I was ever trying to say really. In a perfect world the Boundless would be priced at $70 and the Crafty at $150. I just can't agree with it being priced right at $300. It's just ridiculous.
  • Baron23
    IMO the only reason that companies can get away with charging as much as they do for vapes is simply that there are 1) no big companies (think Mr. Coffee and Black and Decker) making vapes and; 2) the market for vapes...flower vapes in particular...is very small so hard to get economies of scale.

Just my thoughts on it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet