• Gloeck79
    Looking to get a hopper but not sure if I should get the new Hopper IO. Any recommendations because I have always wanted one to use for my portable go too when traveling and etc, but I have heard horror stories from the 1st waves of the 1st one but heard once it’s working it’s fantastic.

Should I wait get new Hopper IO or get the original Hopper? Thinking new IO but just afraid of it being a lemon and dealing with the kinks of the 1st wave.
  • Terpenetime
    @Gloeck79 I would definitely wait to get the io :100:

I think that the ‘kinks of the first wave’ were the problems that plagued the original hopper. It looks like they’ve gone through it from top to bottom to improve and optimise every component, so not only will the io be more powerful, it should also be more reliable too.

If it’s worth having it’s worth waiting for in my book :up:
  • Gloeck79
    “If it’s worth having it’s worth waiting for in my book”. So true good point, I was thinking waiting but knowing me I’ll wait and they run out lmao. Though like you said be worth the wait, thanks I’ll hold off a bit see reactions of everyone and if it goes well then I’ll get it. Thanks
  • warren0728
    i’m looking at the io as well and have thought about getting an hopper og too since they seem to be working better than before ... but currently you can’t get any extra batteries and for out and about i think i’ll need more than one battery ... that’s what holding me back from getting an og one now
  • Gloeck79
    yeah think going to wait a bit but keep eye out for batteries buy that 1st incase if shortage lol. Might as well wait get the newer one right lmao.
  • Gloeck79
    I’m sure everyone know the site but just incase:

Pricing it’s 295 for titanium one, I like the batter charger so you can always have an extra battery for backup. Nice stand not sure if it is new or not the charger but nice aluminum charger looks likes:

https://www.thehopper.io/store/accessories/hopper-battery-charger

Here is website for price:

https://www.thehopper.io/store/vaporizers
  • Terpenetime
    i’m looking at the io as well and have thought about getting an hopper og too since they seem to be working better than before ... but currently you can’t get any extra batteries and for out and about i think i’ll need more than one battery ... that’s what holding me back from getting an og one nowwarren0728

If you’re getting a hopper you may also want to consider getting one of these...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/grasshopper-ac-adapter-kit-and-18650.46203/

It will come with a dual 18650 battery sled in due course.
  • warren0728
    yeah i already inquired (at fc) and have the page bookmarked!
  • spider
    I'm definitely looking at getting a hopper here soon, I think I'm gonna go ahead and order a OG hopper for now because I've heard alot of good thing about the current heater,

I'll be getting my tax return anyday now and I dont see myself holding out for the new iO hopper to buy, but what I rather do is buy one now, and then look into probably later this yr to buy the new IO hopper.

I'm not sure how crazy and hectic and how much of a wait there will be when the new hoppers come out so I'll just probably go ahead and get one sooner than later, been waiting awhile for my tax return to buy one and I'm literly counting down the days!!! Want one pretty bad.
  • Baron23
    While I applaud Hopper's recent improved openness and transparency on FC, the fact is it was easy to improve since they never said a word prior (sigh). I am also very supportive (now that they are talking to us) of their efforts to remedy their product and customer service issues.

With that said, I will not ever give those guys a dime on a pre-order. Sorry, just ain't happening and I don't care how many make nicey-nicey posts they put up on FC, there is a real history there including people STILL waiting for products (like the SS case) that they paid for during the OG pre-order (and which does show up on their site...as "pre-order, coming soon". They seem to have a very different idea than most as to what constitutes soon)

These guys have NEVER made a date yet. They may now, or they may not.

When its GA and been out for a bit, I will order one.

But pre-order...sorry, I'm not buying slideware.
  • Gloeck79
    lol...nice going to do same and bookmark it .
  • Gloeck79
    Yeah they have a bad stigma about their costumer service and manufacturing demand issues. I will wait also, maybe review will say not big difference in performance from OG or new IO then maybe I’ll just get the OG, but as usual we all will have to research the crap and use forums to get an idea if we should buy one...lol. I emailed them asking if they remedied their manufacturing end and if they fixed their service/customer service problems with their demand issues. I’m sure they will say on no problems we ready, but be nice to see if they emailed customers who actually give a crap about good quality products lol.

One example I emailed Grinders4life, because it was taking longer than there 3-4 week processing time. It was 5 weeks so I waited patiently lol. So I asked if they were trying to fix their demand issues;
    “ We're really grateful that people are liking our product! But like you said, it is a double edged sword and it is a bit hectic! We're in the process of scaling up the business so we're hoping to eliminate the wait time soon.”. So Grinders4life has dramatically seen an increase in sales through word of mouth and it set fire so everyone was trying to get their grinders. Demand is high and as a smaller company as they are, they have to meet that new demand but need to invest into the manufacturing process by spending money on newer or better equipment that can handle large and quicker process maybe more CADs and/or hire more employees.

Bud is now having that same issue as Grinders4life. The G43 has now spread through out the market, now the demand is higher, Bud has a harder time keeping up the demand. The options are; get as many as you can out save money, then hire some help. Once he does that he can now produce more, then invest more into say rent for a workshop, hire employees, find out the overhead, cost to make, and etc.

My point, sorry I can rant or go into detail because I have some ocd tendencies but not extreme but I’m detailed oriented/business minded, really it can be a problem sometimes lol. So my point is Grasshopper did not manage their business well at all. They had the marketing but it failed as a company because their brand created their own stigma of lack of business structure. It seems Bud is smart though, he is showing the process and share his experience making the products for others. He’s creating an unique branding style for his product. He cares, shows he cares about the product, now he understands he needs to get his processing power higher to meet the demand, but knows his limits explaining to each customer the length and process he goes through making each product. A lot of failures in business comes not because of a bad product, but because of the lack of knowledge of the business operations, so you need good management and financing or a business plan mapping all your future finance and growth.

I think Bud is on the right track and has learned by watching grasshoppers mistakes as most other company’s have done such as Ghost. Ghost is known for their customer service, that’s their Brand or promise as that is what a brand is a promise (promise of service and product).

I’m high as F right now as you probably can tell lol.
  • MunicipalBlack
    I never took the time to look at the original Grasshopper with all the bad press that surrounded it. The IO has me very very intrigued but there's no way I'm preordering, too much of a gamble for no gain other then early access.

I hope the IO is a huge success and it allows Hopperlabs to continue operating with reduced RMA's and reduced repair time.

My plan is to hold out as long as possible to see what kind of abuse vaporents out there put it through and if they're actually a more reliable unit. Then again my VAS may strike after its been dormant for a few months. The only question then would be plain titanium or anodized. I'm love coloured options but that plain titanium is very nice.
  • Bruce
    I agree 100%. I got screwed twice. Show me..... on this one and then I will check out the Hopper 3.

What's up with their changing their website?
  • Gloeck79
    My guess, to try and re-brand themselves, image, but they didn't link the original web page to the new one...lol. At least say hey go to our new website thehopper.io and take the time to put a simple hyperlink to the new webpage, like seriously! See this is what I am talking about, bad planning. I simple hyperlink, come one man, come on...lol. That to me not good thing, we see though give it a chance and lets see some reviews when it comes out see where the services are. Defiantly waiting, good to get others on here to knock some sense it to myself and others lol.
  • Gloeck79
    Yeah I agree, will have to see wait and let someone else review it take that chance, I usually wait for 1st wave to see where they are at.
  • bulllee
    I'm waiting for the only review that matters...Magicman's grasshopper diary. :starstruck:
  • Ivan van Ogre

I think by being so transparent about it Bud is making it a shared journey. With the Grasshopper it was like everybody was questioning a locked box, no answers came out, so customers wound up using their imaginations and that rarely goes well. And his customers are there with him in real time, helping him as he goes along. It must be cool to see YOUR G-43 being built right before your eyes.
  • MunicipalBlack
    @Ivan van Ogre
    There is something cool about seeing your device being made and keeping up with progress. The Nomad has been my favorite so far in that regard and I'm only in the planning stages.

I'm watching Start Wars :Episode 1 with my son right now and I couldn't help but hope that the IO becomes an R2D2 of vapes. A well built unit that will last through the years, nearly indestructible but always there.
  • Ivan van Ogre

I just wish they'd make the opening of the Grasshopper IO big enough for a DynaVap.
    I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat. You could make a heck of a water rig.
  • MunicipalBlack

Do you mean to use the IO as an induction heater?
  • BestBuds
    I think he means don't use the cap and use the oven of the vapcap to hold your herb. Then put it inside the GH and use the GH as the heat source.

What I would like to see is a proper small cooling mp that screws natively into the GH. :fire:
  • Ivan van Ogre
    Exactly, with temperature control.
  • Ivan van Ogre

Actually I WANT the cap on it when it is inserted into the GH. But otherwise yes.
  • BestBuds
    :yikes: The convection oven gets that hot?!
  • Bruce
    Bad hyperlinks, bad vape. Weird change to change to an international website, Weird. For the fprseable future (a year or two I would stay away) IMO.
  • meeemeee
    I not seen anyone comment on the price..
    My bill came to $377 for one unit Ti, 3 batteries and performance front end....befor tax and shipping! I'm out.
    Unless the price comes down and they prove to be reliable then obviously it's a No.
  • Beach Strolling
    I love the concept of a Grasshopper vape. However, I have a SS Grasshopper collecting dust on a shelf. I want that one to work as intended before I spend another cent at Hopper Labs. I also want to see them have a consistent inventory of batteries before I go sending them money. There are too many solid vapes out there nowadays to waste hard earned cash. Live and learn.
  • mac47
    Potentially as I like the original I'll probably wait for some reviews to come in before deciding
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment