• BobCat
    Curious how localized this day is to me.
  • ScentNomad
    We have a lot of Pączki (or rather: something pretty similar) over here in Germany at this time of the year. :-)
  • BobCat
    Awesome! They can be like 1,000 calories each. Is it the Kashubs?
  • Baron23
    Didn't know what they are until you mentioned it and I looked it up.

But now I'm obsessing and jonesing for one.

Damn you, dastardly Bob! hahaha

Can you maybe put on in the mail to me? LOL
  • ScentNomad
    Is it the Kashubs?BobCat

Dunno what „Kashubs“ mean. :-)

Ours are called „Krapfen“ or „Berliner“ except in Berlin, where they are called „Pfannkuchen“. They look like this:

berliner_pfannkuchen.jpg

They are usually filled with strawberry-, cherry- or plum-jam, but you can find them with custard or chocolate too. Perfect stoner food.
  • Baron23
    Your killing me, Smalls! hahaha

bb774c1a58384a577c278dd2bfc3715b.jpg
  • BobCat
    Dunno what „Kashubs“ meanScentNomad

Kashubs are an ethnic group. It's complicated but kind of a Northern Poland/German mix.

But now I'm obsessing and jonesing for one.

Damn you, dastardly Bob! hahaha
    Baron23

They are truly decadent Baron! They can be a bit too sweet for me, but I love the memories- like Proust's use of madeleine. I with @ScentNomad, great Stoner treat!
  • Cl4ud3
    We celebrate Shrove Tuesday here as Pancake day. I haven't had any though :sad:
  • BobCat
    Ever put Maple Syrup on the pancakes??? Delicious!
  • Cl4ud3
    Been years since I had maple syrup, like maybe 20 years when someone brought me some back from Massachusetts. It wasn't really easy to get here especially locally but I can probably order now.
  • Baron23
    Ah, real Maple syrup...not Aunt Jamima's....is wonderful. Expensive AF, but a dab in some oatmeal makes that pap palatable.

No maple trees in UK???
  • Cl4ud3
    No maple trees in UK???Baron23

I had to look it up because I would have said no, we have one native maple species which is field maple. I don't know if those just don't produce or it's something we just never did here. I do love real maple syrup though.
  • JonnyFrontrow
    Always good to learn new things - never heard of Pączki. It all comes from Lupercalia, a possible PRE-Roman festival. In Cajun/Zydeco country (Louisiana, USA) it's KING CAKE yo.
    y4mkun_GBO3RLlkE_F2z_-x1MhwXCF0B4qQB8p10kK3jhVd8i6pvvbCfLm5sIVT6lpTqPFOFzYtCMzH8i1DgTvt-zqSVl0xyV7S2CMmK3VP7hSjjBookEUQY6xIfSqwWiwtzMkUcvUbACwPGQjbTsJ-H3GV5uXO__x2RhJxCqN97dCxVQ4TW4y8Gf6DPNFUePZvaG0De-sakpH0ve4ELZc3rQ?width=888&height=500&cropmode=none
  • martinstraka8282
    Maple Syrup you say?!?!

Ah to be Canadian... never would I eat a pancake or slice of french toast without it.

That's my wife and I's go to munchies when no sweets are in the house and we're craving it. Just whip up some fresh french toast, butter and maple syrup. The key is to only make a slice or two at a time and eat it the second it's off the grill.
  • 420edc
    It was Fastnact Day when I lived in Pennsylvania, here in Maine we have a place up the road who specializes in Paczki. We decided to pass on them today and let the masses endulge. We'll grab some freshies later in the week.
  • Microvaper
    Pancake Day here. Had 2 giant Dutch pancakes with Nutella, banana, ice cream and whizzy cream out of a can. That was amazing. The paczkis look great. Never heard of those before but really want to try one now!
  • BobCat
    h to be Canadian... never would I eat a pancake or slice of french toast without it.martinstraka8282

I'm in Michigan- 20 minutes from Ontario. I thank you for Hockey and the best Maple Syrup!

If you're near a Polish bakery, you'll be in luck! Pancakes count though!!

Never heard of those before but really want to try one now!Microvaper

PRE-Roman festival. In Cajun/Zydeco countryJonnyFrontrow

Clifton Chenier was THE MAN! King of the Zydeco. King of The Bayou!! Laissez les bons temps rouler!!

@bud You gotta take care of your volunteers. Please Please send @Cl4ud3 some Maple Syrup in your next package. Testing the G43 with Maple Syrup Pancakes is a no-brainer. Maybe add Stove's Stoner Syrup to the Store???
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    You guys can have all the maple syrup bring me some strong coffee :joke:
  • Microvaper
    If you're near a Polish bakery, you'll be in luck! Pancakes count thoughBobCat

I'm very much in luck. We have a large polish community in my city and there are loads of Polski Sklep stores right by my neighbourhood so I'll be popping in later and seeing what's on offer. I've actually tried lots of polish pastries and cakes which are so nice especially the ones with custard in but never seen those ones.
  • GrantLee63
    They are awesome! As a lifelong Michigander I have been indulging (personal record = 8) pretty much my entire life .... that is until a diabetes (not surprisingly) diagnosis in 2015 sadly ended my indulgences.
  • BobCat
    I'm very much in luck. We have a large polish community in my city and there are loads of Polski Sklep stores right by my neighbourhoodMicrovaper

Awesome! Please report back regardless of outcome. Thanks!!

As a lifelong MichiganderGrantLee63

I envy you,. I spent 1 year in California which I will never get back. I came back exactly 1 week before the 1992 Riots. The Big Mitten is a great place! Is your diabetes under control?

No maple trees in UK???Baron23

I had to Google. Only 1 species in U.K. Incomprehensible and criminal!! @Cl4ud3 I guess Clark's out of Newport makes over 50% of the U.K. Maple Syrup. It's probably more expensive than mmj!! :grimace:
  • JonnyFrontrow
    @BobCat @Cl4ud3 @Baron23 @martinstraka8282 Well ... if you're gonna use maple syrup you might want to use this >>>
    y4meUYR6aQtDgu1BUkL93zZ9QCsA_Wguq3_MKcCdXfD7OGDjwhfqNoa_sfALHHSPx8j4JovYmO1WPj27HNsS5k7_tmr0jNVlyuEAPCuJ5FpycVToEMFPqBm56yMbJiiBSz6O5hCfsOVZllzxBpDEoTNKkh-bHc06xPvXfcpWCESZZrRy0xuffohPPUsZLY3Q5Maw-8GEjsZJERBiPHtAWkxLA?width=3024&height=4355&cropmode=none
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment