• weedaholic
    I just got this in the door, the new stainless steel chamber yuef664fzfgm0l0p.jpg
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I thought they opted for ceramic covered aluminum
  • Baron23
    it is ceramic over aluminum.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    thought so. Thanks for confirming
  • weedaholic
    @SouthboundPachyderm sorry got carried away when I got it.you are right it is ceramic
  • weedaholic
    @Baron23 yes you are right bro it is ceramic.it don't fit snug either. you have to remove the screen that is already on the volcano and place the new one but for some reason it don't fit as well as the original one.the new chamber seems to pop up out of the plastic when yo screw it on top of the volcano.
  • Baron23
    mine fit perfectly fine.

The ring snapped on firmly and the chamber fit the plastic housing just like the OG one did.

Is your housing damaged at all? All the clips for holding the chamber are in place?
  • weedaholic
    @Baron23i will try again I must be doing something wrong so.the ring fits perfect but the chamber clicks into place but when I screw it on top it seems to pop up.
  • weedaholic
    @Baron23 I finally got it to fit...thank you it was the clips.
  • Baron23
    Ok, just tried to put the orange housing bottom part on the Volcano without the black housing top part and yes, the ceramic coated chamber does indeed pop up a bit when screwed on to the device and need to be clicked back in place.

Remember, we want good contact of the chamber with the heating ring on the device for the conduction component. Also, we just added the thickness of the new snap on ring.

THEN, I screwed the chamber on full assembled (top and bottom together) and no...the chamber doesn't lift up as its constrained by the top part of the housing.

I have actually NEVER put the chamber on a Volcano without the top part being on it and I have owned Volcano's for four years or more, I believe. I don't see my first test as a true real life case so I'm not upset at all. I'm pretty sure that the process is to close up the chamber (top and bottom together) and then screw it on the Volcano.

AND, I never tried this with the OG aluminum housing and ring alone so I don't know that this wouldn't happen in all cases.
  • weedaholic
    @Baron23 yes it only happens when you put the orange housing bottom part on without the top of it screwed on.it.it is odd but I am happy camper now as they say.thanks for your help.
  • Cannabliss420
    Got mine last weekend. Does anyone know if they are making a chamber reducer with same material?
  • Bruce
    All of the Hybrid "Hype" its really just a money grab. With the classic I made it a whip-style... is this progress. They are making me nervous.
  • spider
    I gotta say w/ all the issues and the health scare this new chamber has had, it makes me happy that I bought the digital version a couple yrs back. I've had it for 3 yrs now, and it performs wonderfully with no nonsense, top shelf vapor on tap...
  • Baron23
    yes they are. Person on FC said they got a shipping notice on their chamber reducer.

personally, I find these “issues and health scare to be over wrought and semi-hysterical.

If you look, the average person intakes between 7 and 9 mg of aluminum every day. Hats about 2-2.5 g per year.

You could eat the freakin heating ring and probably not get as much AL. LOL

And some folks were acting like they were being poisoned by a little AL oxide that’s not even really in the air path.

Just my view.

Cheers
  • Bruce
    If you look, the average person intakes between 7 and 9 mg of aluminum every day. Hats about 2-2.5 g per year.Baron23
    \ ;l, , Right on bro' it's incredible how right you are
  • bonghopper
    S&B are taking their customers on a health and safety ride. Looking up reviews on what top shelf vapes to buy, its recommended time again to avoid plastic and aluminium materials in the airpath, exactly what S&B are all about.

Its so clear when you taste an empty bowl!

I thank the day I freed myself from S&B, good riddance.

They're only in their position because of very clever marketing and the Volcano has a large bowl size so is potent...
  • MunicipalBlack
    @bonghopper
    Do you have any articles from the science community that indicate this?
  • bonghopper
    https://www.vapormed.com/media/pdf/Heat%20Exchanger%20Alu%20Study.pdf
    Proves it does emit aluminium particles.
    There's discussions on other forums about this too.
  • Baron23
    I don't think you know how to read a scientific study.

But, in plain English (end of paragraph 5, in Bold :

"The results verify, that on the basis of the chosen experimental setup (worst case conditions) the usage of the test device (type Volcano DIGIT) no aluminum components or aluminum ions were released in provable concentrations"

Underlining added by me.

Now, I know you can understand this ^^ as its in layman English.

Now, as to the quantitative data, it says wrt to levels of aluminum detected that it was less than (that's that little < sign...right) 5 micro-grams per square meter of volume of air expended from the device. So, maybe about eight bags or more.

A micro-gram is 1 x 10-6...that is, .0000001 grams and they are saying that there is less than 5 of these because that's the minimum they can detect with their procedure (hence the provable concentration part) and they didn't detect any.

To put that in perspective, I again cite the Federal government's data on average aluminum consumption from varied sources but mainly in our food:

"the average person intakes between 7 and 9 mg of aluminum every day. Hats about 2-2.5 g per year."

There are a thousand micro-grams in every milligram. So, aside from a Volcano, the average person takes in 9,000 micro-grams of aluminum every day. They couldn't find even 5 micro-grams in a full square meter of expended air.

Now, you may want to actually read the following section on the physical properties of aluminum and in particular the discussion of the almost immediate creation of a layer of aluminum oxide that seals the underlying metal.

Finally, the Summary really should have clued you in. It says, again Bold:

"In both test trials no emission of aluminum or its compounds especially no aluminum ions were detected while using he Volcano Digit device."

I have seen this report before....and that's why I said "baloney" before and I will say baloney again.

Sorry my friend, but you just have no idea what you are talking about while in your ignorance you are doing nothing more than spreading unnecessary FUD. You presented this link as validation of your argument while what it does is completely repudiate it.
  • bonghopper
    Well it was up to 7 micro grams on filter 4 :)

5 micro grams again and again and again, umm volcano balloons..

That aluminum oxide dust that ends up in the lungs.

Inhaling is not eating.

And builds up over time on the heater. I would like them to test a 10 yr old unit.

If you look, the average person intakes between 7 and 9 mg of aluminum every day. Hats about 2-2.5 g per year.Baron23

Processed cheese ranges from 297 to 695 milligrams of aluminum per kilogram.

Really depends what one eats. How processed, and how much aluminium did the plants take up / what state or balance is the soil in, (well tended, soil tested and mineral amended, humic rich garden soils the least quantity).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24142983/
    Obviously not the same quantity of oxide dust coming off the volcano.

If I don't tap it upside down every couple of weeks a small cloud of dust blows out without the bag/valve on.

I don't mean to upset anyone here especially Baron 23, and I really appreciate that you are on the spot with wanting to correct me.

I just felt it was necessary to share my relalisation about these materials to the vaping community to bring this forward towards better tasting, convenient portable vapes. There's plenty of room for improvement.
  • Baron23
    Well it was up to 7 micro grams on filter 4 :)bonghopper

No, filter four was blank filter with no air flow. There was 7 micro-grams of AL in the filter material itself. This figure was used to back out the AL present in the filter.

Take care.
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    New chamber seems smoother?
  • Baron23
    Ah, what new chamber, please?
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    Is it ceramic coated? The s&b insert?
  • Baron23
    Well, yes....it is after the initial production of the bare aluminum one caught so much flack. Retrofit parts were sent out to early adopters with coated chamber parts.

I rather thought that all new production would include the revised coated chamber.
  • zibit
    @ShayWhiteGrow I like your videos, when are we going to hear you rap again? :lol:
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    :grin: thanks so much brother! Hopefully not too soon huh? :lol:
  • zibit
    @ShayWhiteGrow I'd be on the floor after just a few of those hits. :lol:

Nice setup by the way! :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url