• ricardo
    Hi everyone,

I just wanna vent that the mv1 sucks :( I wouldn't recommend buying it. I purchased it when it was on sale a few months ago with a free fast charger and free crucible dispenser.

The device is so inconsistent. When I am vaping a bowl sometimes I won't even get any vapor after like 3-4 Consecutive hits smh. Or I'll get some normal clouds in the 1st 2-3 hits of the bowl and then no vapor after that.

The vapor quality really isn't that good either. Ok, the 1st, maybe 2nd hit ( Though not always you'll get vapor clouds) is pretty tasty. But anything after that is pretty nasty vapor quality. And yes, I keep it clean. I clean it often.

The battery life is average. Not good, not bad either. The device gets so hot while I'm vaping with it. Not cool. Though it does help to have the fast charger.

Lastly, this device really wastes your weed. After taking your hits, and getting no vapor, and it being nasty, you'll empty the crucible and see that there is a lot of green left in the bowl smh. A huge disappointment and waste of flower.

All of this is my experience the 1st few months with the device and my opinions. I recommend to buy another device. Just invest and cash out on the mighty. My brother has that vape and it's 1000x better.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    The MV1 can be tricky, but once you master it, its capable of some pretty amazing vapor. Sorry to hear your having issues. At first I struggled with it too, but after getting to know it, it really is a solid vape.
  • Disappointedvapor
    not a popular opinion here but I completely agree with you. It's my least used vape after I got it back from warranty. I really need to put it back up for sale.
  • spider
    I can also agree W/ you on that. I had to break down and sale mine because of the finickyness off the way it operated.
    I basically found myself always loading/rotating, and messing with the crucibles and I hardly could relax and enjoy my high. Ghost has really good costumer service and you get good flavor out of it, but like I said, the finicky nature of the device just wasn't for me.I would definitely go for the mighty,
    That's a vape you can load up, and chill with.
  • ricardo
    that's what I've heard many people say. Glad you found how to best use it for you. But I haven't been able to the last few months and it's getting really annoying
  • ricardo
    too bad no one will by buy our vapes :(
  • ricardo
    unfortunately I'll have to stay with this crappy mv1 until I can afford a new vape :(
  • Disappointedvapor
    I'm gonna try reddit's vape sale page but I noticed they are more down on the vape then here. Sucks mine is just collecting dust but the new dynavap M is about to come out and it's an amazing vape. No constantly moving and stiring crucibles and changing temps.
  • LabPong
    spider
    unfortunately I'll have to stay with this crappy mv1 until I can afford a new vape :(
    ricardo

One man's crap is another man's treasure.....if you know what I mean. :wink:

Stay positive and patient....but sorry for your bad experience.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    if you've heard this b4, my apologies.... have you double checked the heat sync to make sure its all correctly assembled, is it well cleaned, are you pulling for yhe full heat cycle (until the buzz), and have you tried letting your herb dry out a lil b4 using it. I know, its kind of a laundry list, but once you get used to how to do it right it becomes 2nd nature pretty quick. I know it can certainly be frustrating, but its worth it in the end.
  • weedaholic
    @ricardo I found it tricky at first but if you leave your flower dry out and fine grind it works a lot better. Also when you load a bowel I find it works a lot better if you scoop your fine grinded herb into the crucible and don't pack it tight.....just stick with it and once you get the hang off it you wont be disappointed.
  • ricardo
    good luck with that bro!
  • ricardo
    thank you for the positivity!
  • ricardo
    Everything is fine on the mv1, I will try to let the weed a bit before vaping a bowl, thanks for the tip.
  • ricardo
    I have had a for almost 3 months now, and have tried many different methods, none seem to satisfy me or make improvements :( I will keep trying though
  • John Cocktostone
    make sure lid holes are clean.
  • ricardo
    they are and the unit still sucks unfortunately.
  • AwFug
    It’s been in my drawer since it combusted. :vomit:
  • MunicipalBlack
    @ricardo
    How's your draw strength? That was the single biggest issue I had to overcome to be able to use my MV1. If I draw too quickly I get absolutely nothing which can happen if I have the mouthpiece in the "click" spot and I'm out walking for example. Sometimes I have to push it in slightly to create a little resistance which helps me control my draw strength. You say your device gets hot though which would make me think your draw strength is ok as mine does the same. I've never experienced an over heat but I've had the door get pretty damn hot after a few back to back crucibles with no cool down time.

I find some of my flower can cause inconsistencies as well. I keep my strains with 62% Boveda packs but a few gave me issues until I let them dry out slightly before vaping.

Then there's the usual suspects such as checking the heat sink for air leaks, a good medium grind (the best imo), not tamping the flower down just a scoop, tap on the side and scrape off any excess. You don't have an extra battery you could try do you? Do you find inconsistencies depending on battery levels? The MV1 isn't for everyone but if there's a problem with your device Ghost will get you taken care, they have amazing customer service.
  • CDN24
    In my experience the primary cause of inconsistence hits is how you pack the crucible and how you draw. If I’m lazy and/or not really paying attention I can still encounter a weak bowl. Pay attention when packing a crucible and taking hits and she’s up there in potency and taste.

There are certainly much easier to use vapes. There are not many that taste better though. Especially not in a portable format.
  • okla68m
    Remember the mechanics of what you are doing. Sucking Hot Air from the Heater, Thru and Over the material in the Crucible (DRY & Fine grind, NO PACKING), Slow your draw...I use the 1st 3-4 seconds to suck a large quantity of Hot Air to heat the material, exhale that, then SLOWLY draw the remaining Hot Air to release the Vapor. Draw for 2-3 seconds Beyond the last Buzz, as thats when the material is at Proper temp and will release the Most Vapor. If you Keep the first couple of seconds of draw, the material Isnt up to Vaporization temp, youll only get a bit of Flavor. Blow that out while Continuing to hold the fire button down, resume your draw and draw Beyond the Last Buzz. Thats When its Up to Temp and functioning properly.
    Yep, can be considered a PIA ! But, when you finally Get It, its TOP OF THE LINE !

If you are Impatient, in a hurry, unless you have the afore mentioned technique down, you are going to be disappointed with your results. Its Not the Unit, its You Not Learning How to Use it Properly. When you get the Technique down, you Cant Beat the Quality of Vapor it will produce.
    And Im using one of the Original All Chrome(Nickle) units, With a Slight modification. To facilitate Even Extraction of the Crucible, Ive Blocked the Center Hole, bottom of the Heatsink, with a piece of Cedar. That way, the heated air that goes up thru the Crucible is passing thru all the way around and Not just thru the Center hole. This has Totally Eleminated any Hot Spots in the Crucible load(making sure the grind is Even and Not Packed).
    IMO, the MV1 is Not a vape for a Novice. Unless you understand Exactly How It Works, your results will be Very Inconsistant at Best.
  • Disappointedvapor
    Remember it's always your fault if the vape sucks lol.
  • Cl4ud3
    Not at all, this vape has a learning curve and for whatever reasons some just can't get the results many others do.
  • Disappointedvapor
    I just always see that line used for any of its issues. And it has alot.
  • Baron23
    it also has a lot of owners that don’t experience the issues you are.

I’m one of them.

Not my fav vape but I mostly use desktops.

But mine do work

As for a little green showing on top, I’ve found that if I dump the spent load onto some paper, I can’t find the green as it’s just a few bits on top.

Just my experience w it.
  • Cl4ud3
    and yet it has glowing reviews from all the major review channels. This is not some conspiracy to sell you a bad product, if it was a bad as some of you are making out then there would be a lot of negative reviews.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I've been trying to pick a breakfast vape for an hour. This thread has inspired me to get some ubar tasty ghost rips! Thanks.
  • Disappointedvapor
    I feel like glowing reviews are from the echo chamber that this place is. All the returns and warranty problems are issues even if most want to pretend it's not. They still sell the stealth black even with all its known issues. Glad you like it that's cool but I and others have had issues with it. You know it's ok I like coke and you like Pepsi?
  • Disappointedvapor
    I've learned to listen to friends and personal owners not just youtube reviewers. But hey each their own ?
  • Cl4ud3
    The main issues with the vape are the number of factors that could be off and causing you to not get desired results. For me changing the grind eliminated any issues I had but for others it's making sure the seal is secure or that they have dry flower.

I do understand spending money on a product to not get the same results others do is frustrating.

I've learned to listen to friends and personal owners not just youtube reviewers. But hey each their own ?Disappointedvapor

Lot of reviewers out there now who are little more than product showcase channels but if you feel like that for everyone then I won't change your mind.
  • Disappointedvapor
    chipping paint,broken latches, batteries not working. It's not just people dont know how to use it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment