• Giovanni0451
    Hello guys, I just bought the storm spirit and I wanted to do the burn off, so I used fresh ginger and it got stuck in the combustion chamber's web, and under it. It's like the ginger burnt and now it tastes like burnt when I vape herb. Maybe I should change the web and clean under it but I don't know how to remove it, does anybody know how to do it? And how to clean under the web.

Thank you for your time

Could you tell me where to upload pictures so I can link it?
  • BestBuds
    do you mean the metal screen? Try a pin or needle. You should be able to lift it out. :up:

To post a picture here, click the icon with the Mountains and sun and upload your picture to post it direct to the site without the need for image hosting.
  • Giovanni0451
    Thank you bud I'm gonna try with a needle, so this is how it look like now
    805w2j1re42fu9uw.jpg
    bktaicg57t4z0rkk.jpg
  • Baron23
    Wow, have you tried compressed (NOT canned) air to try to blow it out?
  • Giovanni0451
    Thank for your answer baron, I don't have that equipment but I tried with a strong vacuum cleaner and it worked a bit and, thank you bud with the pin it worked!:starstruck: , I cleaned it with some isopropyl alcohol wipes and now it's much better. The chamber still smells a bit, shall I do a burn off? If yes, could you tell me how? I have some DRY ginger that they gave me with the vape.
    For the other pieces in the picture can I use ethyl alcohol since I don't have at the moment isopropyl alcohol?xo42j3607ihiir0a.jpg
    a1aefa1g8vdtjnz0.jpg
    kshgleocpn8c1fhb.jpg
  • BestBuds
    now that it's all cleaned with iso, take a cotton swab and get it lightly moist *Water should not come off of the swab. If it does the swab is too wet. So, I wet a q-tip and then dry it on a cloth and then I use the swab to wipe the herb chamber quickly. I do this because I don't like leaving the iso on there but you can just skip that step if you would like.

To do a burn off, turn the vape to the highest temp setting and let it run its course for the entire time cycle.
    If you have some already vaped bud "avb" you can load that into the chamber to get rid of the ginger smell too. But an empty chamber is fine for a quick burn off.
  • Baron23
    And do the chamber swabbing with it upside down....so ISO will drip toward your hand and not down to the heater. Just a thought.
  • Giovanni0451
    Thank you guys, I don't have some avb but the ginger smell is gone, insted yesterday I overvaped some herb at 240 celsius :lol: and now it smells a little burnt but I guess it will go away soon, have you got some good guides on how to vape herb? And also about recommendations on other interesting plants cool to vape.
    I was wondering if it will stink if I vape some cigarette tobacco, do you know?
    Can I just wash all the parts of the vape with water and soap, since I don't have isopropyl alcohol to soak them?
    Thank you one thousand :starstruck: as we say in Italy
  • BestBuds
    have you got some good guides on how to vape herb?Giovanni0451
    Take a look at THIS :up:

And also about recommendations on other interesting plants cool to vape.Giovanni0451
    I have enjoyed Lotus and Indian warrior as well as hops. I have heard others say they absolutely love tobacco in a dry herb vape but I don't use that herb personally.

Can I just wash all the parts of the vape with water and soap, since I don't have isopropyl alcohol to soak them?Giovanni0451
    Cannabis oils are not soluble in regular soap. It's alcohol and fat soluble. So with the parts (not the body of the vape) you can run it under very hot water to rinse away most of the debris I have used olive oil and coconut oil to "wash" the parts and then another soapy hot water rinse and it's pretty clean. There are other cleaners like "Dark Crystal Clear" that work well also. I don't know what you have available in Italy at the moment. :chin: other will have some great ideas for this too. Search this forum, there is a treasure trove of information

My wife has family in Italy. Her mother was the first generation born in the US. Her family is in Capri and Abruzzo. Stay safe and healthy :up: :mask:
  • Giovanni0451
    Thank you bro, wow that's impressive! Beautiful places :love:

Thank you I'll try with olive oil, is it ok ethyl alcohol?
  • BestBuds
    is it ok ethyl alcoholGiovanni0451
    I don't see why not.
  • Giovanni0451
    Thank you for the video, it was exactly the same vape but of a different brand :lol:
    The lotus warrior looks sweeet, I'll search a website to order it :love:
    But is it ok to soak in alcohol also the soft plastic parts?
  • Giovanni0451
    End it's again dirty under the metal screen :cry: could it be because I grinded the weed too fine?
  • BestBuds
    I would not soak the silicone parts. It will deteriorate them over time. A quick wash with alcohol is fine but I wouldn't let them soak.

A little debris under the screen isn't bad. As long as it isn't ruining the flavor for you. Sometimes you can blow into it to get rid of the dust with out a full break down and cleaning.
  • Giovanni0451
    Thank you bud, it's been going well in these days with the vape, so tasty :starstruck:
    The only thing is that ethyl alcohol smell lingered for a while even if I washed it thoroughly with soap, maybe it's better with isopropyl.
    What does it mean to blow into it with out a full break down? :fear:
  • BestBuds
    What does it mean to blow into it with out a full break down?Giovanni0451
    :rofl: Lost in translation :joke:
    What I mean is that you can blow strongly with your mouth into the empty herb chamber and get your vape 90% clean. It's only necessary to completely disassemble the vape pieces and clean with iso once every few days or once a day. Unless you have a preference than do what you like. I LOVE all my glass to be cleaned daily. :starstruck:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment