• Bruce

Absolutely AMAZING!!! G43 is a genius invention.

IF you don't have a G43, then you should be rethinking your priorities in life.

Peace, Love & Vape,

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • Señor Negro
    Well, then I guess we are missing something or my readings are wrong, because otherwise and acording to your words I just have broken the laws of physics :lol:
  • Mangu
    Thank you @Bud jamin! My G is pimped the f#%k out! :strong:

nmdna63zeuxbenod.jpeg
  • Will90
    So after some time, what's the consensus on power supplies. Do the bench ones perform much better than the smaller ones? I want to order something tonight.
  • Pakalolo2
    @Will90 I'm right there with ya!

At first blush, I'd vote for the bench units with their more stable Power output, decent meter displays and some actually have a smallish footprint....I'm still shopping.
  • Hippie
    I still think a buck/boost step down and a laptop PSU is probably the best option
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/152923
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/152545
  • Mangu
    I’d go with a bench unit just for the sheer risk that you’ll be less likely to go up in flames :lol:

I do hate the large size of this bench unit....But honestly no matter which power adapter you use the Wall-G will obviously be much less portable than a non-Wall-G. I thouroughly enjoy leaving it powered up for a good hour and change without having to swap out a battery or worry about some component overheating.
  • MysterioN
    I would really like to do a project like this... can the G-43 still be purchased? Or does Bud have a DIY kit that he sells?
  • AdianV
    G43 with USB-C
  • LabPong

They are not really for sale now, possibly a few remaining will be kits and released soon though.

USB-C where? With what power source?
  • AdianV
    If a soldering iron like the TS80 can be powerd by a USB-C PD the G43 Can there are PCB with USB-C female to DC
  • Gloeck79
    What wall unit is recommend or best used for the G43, going to DIY it, but want to know the best safest power controler or just easy to use etc. Thanks, I know a few on amazon but want to make sure, I'm new with electronics. Also anyone know where I can pick up a slide glass but without the crimp, I still want the handle on it just no crimp. I have some ideas I want to try out that I sketched out. If works out I'll show , then everyone else. I'm not sure how I will get parts made for it, but we see.
  • Field
    Hey Gloeck, "Glass Popper Bowl" brings up some results you might be looking for.
  • Field
    Sorry, turns out that might not be too helpful as it seems all the popper bowls are 14mm, which makes sense now considering their purpose. A popper is when you jam some tobacco (eg a piece of a cigarette) in there first to use as a filter, then add your herb on top.
  • BestBuds
    I think you could find a slide that is very similar with out the pinches at the top. @Bud was playing around with those snap rings to hold the screen in at the bottom in a live stream a few weeks ago. I dont see why the same couldn't be done with the glass screen at the top. You would have to Dremel the groove at the top for the snap ring to sit in. I was even thinking about if I used the davinci iq bowl reducer glass piece, it's basically a super thick glass screen that's at the top of the G now. That would lower everything in the body down a half inch almost. Maybe making it possible to make a injectorG?

I hope that made sense. I'm blazed tonight :cool: just wiping 2020 off my feet.
  • Gloeck79
    ahh never knew what they were used for thanks.

I have a few ideas, just not the skill to machine, or craft something...lol. I think I found a way to make the coils easier to put together or replace, and everything more streamline. Maybe a way to disassemble put back together and exchangeable parts. I made a sketch, its rudimentary, but I feel its duable in the right hands. I wouldn't mind showing Bud to see what he thought because it's his product and idea. Plus, wouldn't be right to do that...lol. It could be a crappy idea too, but never know...lol. I'm realistic too, I know he has worked hard on this vape so he probably might have had the same idea, maybe didn't work, etc, never know...lol.

Yes doing same smoking some Strawberry sherbet :wink: .
  • Msilber
    Has anyone had any issues with the inexpensive power supply that Bud posted from amazon. The one with the dial. Was working great and just heard a loud pop with a spark and It’s dead. Sounds like something broke inside when it popped as there is now something loose inside. Just wanted to check before I reordered the same one. Thanks for any help/advice. The WallG rocks!
  • LabPong
    Was working great and just heard a loud pop with a spark and It’s dead.Msilber

It's dead dude.......

Hope you got it off amazon or somewhere with good return/warranty policies.
  • Señor Negro
    Yeah as LabPong said it's most likely dead. Actually I wouldn't dare to plug in again just in case for security reasons. Try a refund/return and if you can't you'll have to buy a new one I'm afraid.
  • Msilber
    Thanks for the advice but I don't think Amazon would take it back because I had to cut off the end to allow the jst connector to be put on. I'm hoping it was just a random thing and I'm going to give one more a try. The G is great to begin with but the power supply makes it better and easier to use not having to worry about batteries. Thanks for all of your help! Stay Safe!
  • froglefrog

For the sake ov stats, and the evolutionary progress of the WallG, jst wanted to report that the default power supply with adjustable dial, after a few dayz use, is beginning to glitch out. :down:

The green light flashes off/on radomly at times, and seems to be getting worse. Cooling it down makes 0 difference, sometimes tapping it or shakin' it doz. The unit will sometimes shut off after inhaling through the G. It's becoming moar erratic wit every passing hour of use.

Thakfully az eye type dis, it now working lolll. :up:
  • badbee
    That's a bummer about those variable supplies dying but maybe not a surprise. They were worth a try but with a 3 A max output are just barely capable of getting the job done at the best of times. For reliability you probably want a unit rated 50% - 100% higher than the typical usage scenario, so 5 or 6 Amp.
  • Will90
    I know I'm late to the game.. but I finally got my power adapter and Wall-G setup going. This is performing even better than expected.. Thank you @Bud and everyone else for figuring this all out. Amazing!!! :fire: :fire:
  • warren0728
    i want to do this to my mod g ... did i see somewhere that bud was making a 4 foot cord for this setup?
  • Will90
    I believe the 4-foot cord is just for the bigger benchtop power supplies, I could be wrong though. Do you know what power supply you're going to use?
  • warren0728
    not really ... i have an extra supply from underdog ... haven't even looked at the specs on it ...
  • Will90
    Hmm, I don't think those will work for this. Check out the first few pages of this thread for recommendations.
  • warren0728
    yeah i briefly scan those and they looked like the one i have .... but i haven't looked at the specs yet ... i intend to do that for sure

did you get the mod or sled? i have the mod version and i posted a question about it in the g43 thread ... the values are jumping around and i'm not sure the resistance and such is correct ... my first time using a mod lol
  • Sonic Bacon
    Got my power adapter today and I gotta say, it’s pretty sweet to leave it going for a nice long session without worrying about the battery.

c97sxro1e2a2t472.jpeg
  • v0id
    @Bud Are you still selling those 4ft Mod G adapter wires so I can convert my Mod G to a Wall G?

If so I'm planning on using this power supply, if not then I'll stick with the Mod for a while longer:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/LPF-16-12?qs=WtedIhRlNpsehTe3One8Lw%3D%3D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment