• Mturner7
    Just got one of these today...looking for advice on its optimal performance/session. Thanks
  • BestBuds
    I don't have the same pid. I have a super cheap one. I run it around 700° I let it heat soak for about 5 to 10 minutes. After that you only need a minute or so for it to recover for another huge rip. or you can puff puff on it like a pipe and it doesn't really need to recover then. My bowl size is a new vape scoop and a half. I believe those held approx. .1 of a gram. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Mangu
    Just got mine in the mail today! Definitely curious on what settings are working best for everyone
  • Rockytdogg
    Now that I have a full 710Coils setup I'm left with no other choice....

fought it as long as I could, too...

see you guys soon.

Enjoy!
  • BestBuds
    Why would you fight such awesomeness?! You're going to love it!
  • Rockytdogg

i was lost drifting aimlessly... coil-less... controller-less...

but ive since SEEN the LIGHT.

praise thee oh lord!

(sorry, listening to 'All Things Must Pass" 30th anniversary edition SUPER LOUD and go lost there)

WAHHHHH-WAHHHHHH!
  • Mangu
    xn00ns1ieda8y6yn.png
    Any ideas on how to slow down the flow of heat through the bowl?

Was messing around with settings for a couple hours last night. I liked the vapor production when I got up around 690 on the auber (took a little waiting to get up to here). But the Elev8r bowl is so free-flowing That I feel like I’m sucking up 80% hot air and 20% vapor. My throat is feeling it today :sweat: . I feel like I’d get the results i want if 1) the bowl was a little “shorter” placing the heater closer to the material 2) the flow of heat was slowed or trapped in the herb chamber - right now I feel like it’s just flowing right through.
  • Tdog420
    Anybody try filling the the e43 w rubbies or glass balls to retain heat longer?
  • Pud
    I have and it works great! And VGoodiez includes "3mm Borosilicate beads for heater" in his E43 kit....

@Bud can you fix Other Side account so we can use the "@Other Side" and his info populates and we can do a proper tag for him? Thanks!
  • LabPong
    I'm not sure where vgoodiez got the "E43" part on the Elev8r with the coil kit.

A G-43 is named so because of it's main parts:
    G refers to glass.
    4 refers to 4mm glass rod.
    3 refers to 3mm ball..

So I wish he would change that name on his website.....maybe "Coil Elev8r" ?
  • Gloeck79
    I used temps on RDK at 635, when using I usually took the VROD and moved it up and down to help even cooks. Plus that helped life the VROD up without sticking to the bowl. I only used materials to cover the screen bowl so l would get good taste and even cooks. I mixed I think after every 2nd hit. That's what worked best for me, obviously all depends on preference and also make sure the VROD is tight to the coils where there is no wiggle. If the is lot of movement, open spread coils out then put back together. This will help spread the heat evenly and might help temp fluctuations.

moving VROD up and down, meaning lift it but don't lift it off the bowl, and sometimes I use to move handle side to side while lifting too, might give you better vapor or less heat vapor, I usually fluctuated 635-50, but think 635 was the sweet spot for me, might be different on each unit too, but it's all personal preference.
  • Mangu
    haha. Thanks for the suggestions....but Im asking about the E43 aka “Coil Elev8r” Aka Elev8r with PID + coil. The VROD is my benchmark :strong:
  • Gloeck79
    Lmfao...my bad :wink:
  • Hippie
    More balls in the Elev8R heater or a water piece with more restriction will slow the flow a little - I like mine best filled up to the top spike and run through a 14mm piece
  • Other Side
    @Mangu maybe more balls but a gunked up screen will help as well. I thought I filled most of the heaters pretty full but some of them are difficult the way the spikes are formed.

I renamed it from the Elev8R enail to the E43 after I sent Bud one and he featured it on one of his livestreams. We were talking about it and I wanted to pay homage to Bud's influence. I mean the whole damn thing is his idea. He was the first I can remember who put a coil on an Elev8R too so I owe it all to him.
  • Mangu
    mine was filled to the tippy-top! Thanks :lol: Im actually happy that as I was unpacking thats when several of the balls popped out from the top intake opening....lucky I learned about that feature BEFORE plugging things in and powering up....definitely don’t want those to be hot when they slip out :rofl:
  • Pud
    that is what I remembered... it was more of a tribute thing than a device descriptor
  • LabPong
    totally understand the homage! I just do not se the 43 part.

How about the BudjaEL8R. lol
  • Other Side
    the screen plug popped out. I try with those but the hole size is all different and they don't stay very well.most times.

@LabPong yeah I don't think a lot of people know what G43 stands for anyway but a lot know it's Bud's baby so they connect the reference on the E43. Same with Troy tagging the SSV43. Its all to recognize the man.
  • LabPong
    Oh.....I didn't even realize Troy calls it the SSV43.....

So Troy is the one that started it...haaaaa
  • Mangu
    Still trynna dial this thing in. Taking a break for the weekend but next step I’ll try to bump up the heat as high as possible....other than that I’m gonna search for an adapter that’s not as tall as the official Elev8r one
  • Other Side
    you can hold the heater over the lotus wpa and make it work.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment