• Tdog420
    So now kandypens has a similar product to linx apollo. This one is only 175 to 180 with a coupon.

https://www.kandypens.com/session-black.html
  • Cl4ud3
    Buds posted a session video on it recently.

• Gloeck79
    Yes, think he posted a discount code for it for 30% off. I jumped on that like it was life or death...lol. Joke, but I did order one using his "Stayup30" that was offered and got 30% off of it. Think with tax and all came to like $144, give or take. I'm not sure if the discount coupon still valid, but try it out.
  • Gloeck79
    I hope someone comes out with a cheaper Stundenglass system or does anyone know of any sick discounts for it yet...lol. $500 seems a bit over priced, but it look like it would be the last bong you would ever need. It even offers a wall mount too...lol.

https://stundenglass.com/
  • Cannabliss420
    I'm curious about the session on this. Gpen didn't do it for me
  • Gloeck79
    I'm jealous lol. Awesome, yeah I might sell it to someone I know the GPen Connect. It's nice, but I'm waiting for my Kandy Session too...lol. Figured I can compare the 2 see what I like better...lol.

So my question, is the Stunglass worth the money. Does it diminish taste or is it a gimmick, it looks bad ass and really good, so I'm apprehensive buying it because of the cost. You know as soon as I buy it Kandy will come out with a better one...lol. They make a wall mount for the Stundglass too...lol. Does the whip diminish taste or again is it just that good...lol.
  • Cannabliss420
    Yes, it is very well made. I tested a 3 different models. This one is the new version. Not different from the other's besides better internals for overall stand support and water back flow prevention. I got this one in October. It's awesome with different vapes and dabbing. Smoking or dabbing is really fun with a group of people. The shock value alone is priceless. Lol the taste is like out of any other rig you would use. The whip is the best whip I have ever used, very well made with magnetic connections.
  • Pud
    @Gloeck79 @Cannabliss420 and now available in blue.. lol!... do they ever have sales on these? The cool factor is thru the roof on this thing
  • Cannabliss420
    @Pud
    No. they didn't even have a sale for 710. I guess they feel like it's a solid product that is worth the price imo
  • Pud
    you can see it is a quality build for sure. I am sure it will last a very very long time
  • LabPong
    What is this thread about?
  • Pud
    using a Sessions.... and potentially using it in a bong
  • LabPong
    Darn...thought it was about overly expensive bongs.......oopsi poopsi :joke:
  • Bud
    Stupid ass Youtube with their age restriction on the video embeds now :roll:

Just uploaded this vid to vimeo, let's see if they restrict it too:

• Bud
    oh and i want one of those Stundenglass things :lol:
  • Gloeck79
    lol...uh oh we gave Bud the Stundenglass bug...lol. KandyPen Session would be sick on the Stundenglass and so would the G43.
  • Tdog420
    need a more in depth opinion on this one before i pull the trigger. Does the bowl/atomizer stain easy like the quomo? How is it dry, even though i prob never use it dry. Can i see the airpath and how easy/hard is it to clean. Can it be compared w the connect which isnt all that great not horrible but still mehhh.
  • Pud
    did you receive your Session?
  • Gloeck79
    sigh...yes I just emailed Kandypens a very disappointing email. It works like the connect pen. I did 1 session and the ceramic coil cracked so I have no way testing it. I sent them pictures and told them for the amount of money spent on this thing they should have a case, and 2 coils.

Disappointed in taste, though, again only 1 session, or like 2 hits...lol. There are 4 settings and I did it on the 2nd one then I was going to try the 3rd setting and when I wiped the ceramic bowl, gently too might I add, it didn't work, so once it didn't work, the ceramic bowl was now stained as I heated the bowl up to help get the residue out and heat stopped cracked bowl and now I'm stuck with a paper weight...lol. So I'm not happy lol. I really wish they just went with a t bucket cause that is super easy to clean, and the taste on t bucket so much better.

I taste metal from the coils, why I always stayed away from coils or any system that has that ashy metal taste and that's what I got from it.

The Gpen connect I have too as I'm trying to compare the 2, for the money, I think I like the Gpen connect better because of the button to clear it out. Kandypens session the 1 dab session I did top kept getting hot on the carb cap. The Kandy is more powerful, but here is my problem. For the power use a t bucket, if no t bucket, honestly, I don't see any difference in any of the coil pen vapes etc that are out there. I don't own any nor can I honestly have the right to compare them so I'm being honest here so don't quote me as I have limited pen coil systems or experience using them. I just have the Sai Taf which I absolutely love and think for the money that would be the way to go. Taste is better and a t bucket easy to clean with no metal or ashy taste. That's just me...

I think the Kandypens Session has potential though, like they could add a t bucket coil system because it might have the power to do so. As of right now the 2 difference between the Gpen and Kandy is that the Gpen has a smaller ceramic coil bowl than the Kandy, Kandy has a but more power in battery and the Gpen has the chamber air button which I like and helps the flow better as I feel the Kandy had less airflow, but too lack of use to really say. Again Gpen comes with case and all, kandy has glass sip mouthpiece so you can hit it without glass, but if they do that it should come with a plug for the bottom when glass attachment isn't being used.

Hope that helps, I hope Kandy does well to replace the coils and I really hope they come out with something that perhaps is a better coil t bucket for taste and better dabs.

That's my honest opinion as of right now, if I get a coil from them and I can test more maybe it will change but so far I have had better use out of the GPen, so I need more use to really say. Though taste right off the bat not as good as Sai Taf t bucket.
  • Pud
    Hope they get you squared away quick... sorry to hear your difficulties
  • Gloeck79
    Ahh...it's all good, they said they would send coil replacement. So hopefully I can try it out again and get a better idea or results how good or bad the Kandypens Session is. I'm all about a fair try and I'll give it another shot, so we see.

They emailed this too:
    "1. Don't heat up the coil without material inside the coil. It will cause the coil to go into thermal shock and crack.
    2. Preload material onto the coil, never heat up the coil first, and then load material into the coil.
    3. If the material is used up during the 60 second heating time, double click the button to stop heating and then load the material onto the coil. Do not heat up again with nothing inside the chamber.

In regards to your refund request, KandyPens will honor full refunds (minus shipping/handling) for any unused/unopened items within 30 days of the purchase date."

So if I get a Kandypen session and I open it and doesn't work no refund? Not sure how this company runs, but they did honor new coil. So far not good taste with this company. Again my experience so far, subject to change etc...

So I guess when cleaning you can't use alchohol to clean it or you need concentrates in to clean...lol. Also, during session mode, it gets stuck and I cannot exit session mode. I have to wait till session mode is over so not sure what's up with it.
  • Pud
    not sure but next stream after you get your parts, ask Bud some tips... he rips that thing so maybe he can tell you more helpful info than what they did... like on how he cleans it in particular
  • Gloeck79
    yeah, like I said, my personal experience, and I will give it a good honest test when I get it up and running again. When coil ceramic cracked I was like wtf...waited awhile for it to get here too, with shipping delays and 1 session only to have the ceramic crack..lol. So could be I'm just upset and have to wait till parts come then I'll be excited again to try it out. Also maybe it was cold to hot weather, I don't know all I know is ceramic was clean and when I put the q-tip in to get rest out, one wipe it then didn't work and the rest of residue stained and made it black. Then noticed crack...lol. Not sure if that warrants a thermal shock, but maybe was a lemon too...lol.

I get new vape new techniques needed, just was disappointed lol. We see, right now I'm like eh on it, so I'll try and give it a clean slate when coil comes.

So now we can all laugh lol...Its all good, I'm big boy, I'll have to see Bud use it maybe ask some questions next time I'm online and he's streaming, I'm glad at least I was able to use Buds code on it so was 30% off, so that's good...lol.

Positive from here on out, I'll look up some YouTube videos see if they had issues with it or with the session not stopping.
  • Pud
    Oh and I'd be the same way if it immediately cracked...
  • Gloeck79
    it happens...lol. I might have gotten a lemon, thinking cause when I was tying it, I couldn't get out of the session mode when in it, clicking the button as it says to do didn't get me out of that mode. Turning it on off, was a pain too. Was a pain in the ass to turn on and off when I 1st got it. I would click it 5xs and nothing, then I tried clicking it 5xs quicker nothing, then slower nothing and then medium clicks. Its almost like the button isn't responsive. Also, I might add, when you click button it's so loud I feel like I was younger in one of those nature stores that you are clicking a metal frog toy that's clicks super loud. Their is no secret when you click the button, so those who want stealth, if the person is deaf then yes stealthy...lol. I emailed the company asking maybe they sent a lemon. I'll give it another shot, but a lot will depend what the company does, they said new coils but haven't heard yet obviously weekend and Christmas so Mon. if I don't hear from them I'd say I would never order a thing from them again.

Also to note, I charged it fully, it came about 85% charged. Be nice if the company would offer a refund as they states no refunds on opened boxes, so that to me doesn't make me feel happy either, so if it is broken or I have a lemon, do they replace it, can I get money back.

This is just my experience and this doesn't make this a bad company, I want to make sure people know that others might have a much more pleasant experience with this company. As of right now, this was my 1st purchase of this product.

Also, the instructions are on a small card, no warning or any instructions on how to clean and if there is such thermal shock for the coil a warning on that be nice, but if thermal shock involves alchohol and q-tip then I don't know. Why I think maybe I got a lemon because it just doesn't seem right coils break or ceramic cracks but before that buttons didn't seem responsive so why I'm going to try give benefit of the doubt. I still wanted to at least get my story out there with this device in case anyone else had issues of the ceramic coils cracking quick and if they have issues with the button too.
  • Mangu
    I guess they haven’t found about how credit company claims can reflect negatively on their business?

I don’t understand how they think they can bait buyers into living with a defective product....but I’m gonna assume they’ve figured a legal way around dealing with repercussions. Sorry you have to deal with that level of disappointment.
  • Gloeck79
    They said they going to send a replacement coil. That's fine, and I'll give it a 2nd shot. Just as a 1st time customer and waiting for awhile with the shipping issues during the holidays, I was just disappointed...lol.

It happens, when I get the coil from them, I will reassess the machine again. I was hoping maybe a firmware update might be available for the unresponsive buttons, but wasn't able to get to that step or know if they even offer updates, something I have to look into. Once settled, I will try and go online when Bud streaming, maybe he has some techniques I'm missing with it or what not. I was really hoping they had a way to replace just coils like the sai taf does this would make the coils cheaper as they are expensive. Really wish a system similar to this or Gpen make a t bucket system, that would be much better. Taste is big with me, the 1 session I had with the Kandypen session, has that coil taste or ashy taste, but again maybe with technique it gets better...but was very similar to taste as the GPen Connect which I have also, with no ceramic coils cracking.
  • Gloeck79
    I am reunited with a new coil for the Kandypen Session. After being ticked about the Session ceramic coil cracking and having issues with the buttons, I was apprehensive trying this again.

It works great! Buttons work flawlessly, they are responsive and the coil they gave me seems to work fine. I have tested it on the last mode and 3rd mode and so far clouds are great. The last mode seemed to run a bit hot and harsher but the 3rd mode seemed to work great. I'm testing the other 2 modes, but it is like night and day. I most likely recieved a bad coil or lemon coil, since the coil and atomizer are connected, a flaw in the coil (not flaw but just a bad one) would cause the connection or buttons to be delayed so I'm guessing the coil or atomizer was just not good. It happens though, every once in a blue moon we get things that just are good, just a simple bad part. Happens, I have also used it with just the mouth piece and it works well too. It's not 9 or 10 for taste, but its probably good 7 or 8.

Few Cons or things could be a said that's bad:
    - On last mode carb cap can be really hot, like ouch hot
    - I wish they separated the atomizer and coils for costs
    - I wish they used a bucket type as that give better taste
    - Button might be a bit loud of a click but nothing to deter from getting

Other than that, its pretty solid and I'm glad I got it. If they update the coil to bucket it will be HR out of the park.

Give it a good 8 out of 10.

Compared to the Gpen Connect, they are both good, the Kandypen Session has a bigger bowl, Gpen has a great cool fact with the magnetic battery and I could see them making a bigger battery to add on. The mouthpiece for the Kandypen Session is a good touch. For 30% off with discount, I would get the Kandypen Session. The Gpen does come with a cool case though. I think the Kandypen Session is better slightly because of the bigger battery and it has a bit more natural airflow as the Gpen Connect has that button to clear it, just to me seems more natural with the Kandypen Session imho.

So definitely good. Just sucks that I got a bad coil which in end game me a bad taste for this product. The company did right through and gave me extra coul too. Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment